It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen Jubilee laser beam will set the world alight? what's this all about?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

And for all those that think America is the war machine that screwed up the world? Well they only started doing it a few decades ago, England ran the show before them.

i totally agree with you, and i'm british.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by coldlikecustard

kind words, thank you

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by The Empty Skies
I find it curious that we have Americans coming in here to bash our national holiday. Perhaps when it's Thanksgiving Day we should come into your threads and start reminding you of how your country is founded upon lies and the slaughter of thousands of natives. Of course it would be wrong and disrespectful to do that, so just remember: "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones."

Non-Americans do that regularly! Especially around the 4th of July. It doesn't bother me the least bit.

I'm happy for your holiday. I'm unhappy that it is a worship-fest for a human being. I guess I'm just not into idolotry or worshipping anyone or anything other than God.

Oh, I get what you're saying. I just see this as more of a celebration of national identity rather than "worshiping the Queen". The public are paying their respects to the Queen as she has been on the throne for 60 years (quite an achievement I think, especially as she was originally never destined for it) and at the same time having a good time and an excuse to celebrate.

The public are the ones who are enjoying themselves. The Queen's actually the one doing all the boring stuff, going around, talking to people, standing for hours on end -- she must be bloody exhausted. I'm not sure if people quite get that the Queen is not her own person, she had to give that up when she had to take the throne and become a figurehead.

Anyway, I'm not a royalist, but I have no problem with the royal family or the Queen. They've never done anything to annoy me, and besides - that's the job of our politicians.

Peace.
edit on 5/6/12 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

no need for thanks my friend manners cost nothing i just wish a few more had the same idea as it seems this thread has gone from a conspiracy theory on the laserbeams and turned into a england v america slagging match when quite frankly both our nations have led the world brilliantly in some areas and dismally failed in others.

i think its high time both nations accepted that mistakes have been made by our governments that have dragged our once proud nations through the gutter.

my government does not represent me and im sure many americans feel the same about their government until both governing bodies start to truly represent the will of the people we will continue down this dark slide and look what it has become britain v usa? how on earth has that happened?

i tell you how there are angry and uneducated masses in both countries and sadly an element of this has reached ats.

I leave you in the love and light of the creator...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I was dissapointed there didn't seem to be a laser at all...
All we got was the Queen popping a plastic diamond thing into a little hole in the table,which lit the beacon.
It looked like a prop from "the crystal maze"(tv show).

I was also cheesed off that Will1am or whatever tried to join in with the undisputed master of funky vibes,Stevie Wonder.
No need at all...

And Cheryl...Beautiful Cheryl,but with a voice like a pig being run over,poor gorgeous lass.

Oh well,that aside it looked like everyone enjoyed it,so its all good.
Bet the Queen could do with a rest though-standing up for so long over a few days would tire me out,and I am less than half her age.
It was her party after all-she should have had a super comfy throne to sit on whenever she felt like it IMO.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Empty Skies

Very well... carry on!

In all seriousness... I am happy for the people of the UK to have something to celebrate - especially during such dark and trying times. Enjoy! Party on!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by coldlikecustard

your so right, manners are so important yet alot of people today just don't have any, its something that will always bewilder me, for me, being polite and considerate is the most natural way to be so i always struggle to understand the way others sometimes behave.

and yes, the thread does seem to have gone wildly off topic and it actually amazes me how it got onto people insulting each other based on the country they live in, we are all human and all equal. also, again, your right when you say both nations have made mistakes and very big ones at that, but none of these mistake are the doing of the average person in these nations so i don't understand how this thread got onto uk vs usa bashing at all.

take care my friend

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Relax Tommy,

You know WHO wrote/writes history? Right!

I didn't mean to offend you, I did play a bit with words, but the fact still remain.

Good old Wikipedia ( The English version!

Invasion of England William at first opposed the prospect of invasion, but most historians now agree that he began to assemble an expeditionary force in April 1688, as it became increasingly clear that France would remain occupied by campaigns in Germany and Italy, and thus unable to mount an attack while William's troops would be occupied in Britain.[64][65] Believing that the English people would not react well to a foreign invader, he demanded in a letter to Rear-Admiral Arthur Herbert that the most eminent English Protestants first invite him to invade.[66] In June, James's wife, Mary of Modena, bore a son (James Francis Edward Stuart), who displaced William's wife to become first in the line of succession.[67] Public anger also increased because of the trial of seven bishops who had publicly opposed James's Declaration of Indulgence granting religious liberty to his subjects, a policy which appeared to threaten the establishment of the Anglican Church.[68] On 30 June 1688—the same day the bishops were acquitted—a group of political figures known afterward as the "Immortal Seven", sent William a formal invitation.[66] William's intentions to invade were public knowledge by September 1688.[69] With a Dutch army, William landed at Brixham in southwest England on 5 November 1688.[70] He came ashore from the ship Brill, proclaiming "the liberties of England and the Protestant religion I will maintain". William had come ashore with approximately 11,000-foot and 4,000 horse soldiers.[71] James's support began to dissolve almost immediately upon William's arrival; Protestant officers defected from the English army (the most notable of whom was Lord Churchill of Eyemouth, James's most able commander), and influential noblemen across the country declared their support for the invader.[72]

Call it anyway you want .

But it was an INVASION from a foreign king, with a foreign army. With the reigning King fleeing the country.

So in your words: If Our Majesty Beatrix of ORANGE would sail tomorrow to England, because some Lords not happy with the Church of England, asked her too, with an army, and Your Majesty Elisabeth, flees to France.

I guess you guys would call it the Right-full Queen has came to the thrown, to defend protestants against the Church of England.

Funny Chap. See you tomorrow :-)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
In due respect I wish the Queen a merry jubilee !!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I like your post, I have no clue why some would find fault with your people by calling you all godless. I think it is a bit divisive, we all, the people in this world are feeling the effects of tyranny and its growing. As for the Queen and her jubilee, I'm no fan of the queen by any stretch, but I don’t know if I was a Brit I could actively participate. When I think of her my mind goes straight to the missing native children in Canada, that reflects on her certainly not you all, I consider you our brothers and sisters, so don't worry about them

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

thanks kat, i'm no fan of the royal family either, its sickening to see the pointless wealth they accumulate for nothing, what angers me the most is, that while ever there are people on this earth that are in living in poverty, wealth like that should not even exist.

kat, this next bit isn't direct at yourself in particular, but there seems to be a misconception throughout this tread that british people have any kind of choice in having a royal family, but i'd just like to state that we have no choice at all and it upsets me that i have no choice but to participate and fund the royal family, wars and all the other wrong doings my tax goes towards. thank you and take care

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

carefull now this thread is in danger of becoming civilized

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I'm in 100% agreement with your reply, we all are subjected to this life we live, and there are constant restictions placed upon us. You all can't help you have a queen, just as we can't stop the banks from infiltrating our government.We are thousands of miles away comunicating our concerns with eachother, that is amazing, and thats what it is all about. Thanks for the reply, and you take care yourself

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
But what happened with the laser? Was it any good? I love lasers and didn't hear about it, just thought she'd have matches or a clipper.

Blue lasers (like inside household gadgets) are really quite dangerous. In the 60's the laser was called the invention with no use!

As for the monarchy: 60p a year for an extra bank holiday and keeping all the "old stuff" alive, well... they did a good go at "Bread of Heaven" in the Chapel today. Reminded me of Ivor the Engine, so it did.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Relax Tommy

I'm not English. And historians write history.

Nothing you quote bears out your assertion; it confirms mine. Of course William landed with an expeditionary force. All that had been set up earlier, by secret arrangement between the parties concerned. William's initial reluctance to play ball is also mentioned in the article you quote.

If it makes you happy to imagine that your country ever posed a threat to Britain, by all means feel free. It's no skin off my nose; I come from a country that was colonized by the Dutch and the British in succession, and I actually belong to a century-old club in which membership was originally restricted to people of Dutch descent. Many of my friends are so descended. My objection to you is simply that you are wrong, and being a bit of a troll with it. I detest wilful ingnorance, however frivolous its intent.

edit on 6/6/12 by Astyanax because: of a grammatical infelicity.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

The thing is even if we got rid of the royals and shared the wealth how long would it last? a year? two? The royals pay for themselves and also get other toffs to cough up cash to the royal charities for example the princes trust which has helped thousands of young people for 35 years.
Oh and whoever said we worship her is just plain wrong we respect her, we see in her as a sort of mascot for the British and it helps our national pride

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Thats the great thing about the British our ancestors came from all over, we have been taken over many times but have embraced the new culture which every conqueror has brought , we are a mongrel nation and mongrels do a lot better than pedigrees

PS I love the dutch I lived in Eindhoven for a year and loved you crazy wonderful dutch
(your women are great
)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Golly gosh, there was a lot of British bashing in this thread.
How terribly original..

It reminds me of our weather this weekend...all piss and wind.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

we have been taken over many times but have embraced the new culture which every conqueror has brought

See, that's how strong cultures become stronger.

Look at the Romans, whose civilization defined the word 'multicultural' (at least until the Christians got their act together).

Look at the Chinese, who gobbled up the Mongols and regurgitated them as... Chinese.

Look at the differences between pre- and post-Meiji Japan, and see how the rise of the new shoguns, the bureaucrats and the Yakuza, are taking that culture back to the past.

Look at the British, who kind of still rule the world by proxy, thanks to...

...America, the ultimate cultural mixed salad, which today holds a massive, globally distributed political, cultural and commercial (and shrinking) empire that it inherited, in a sense, from Britain.

Insular cultures grow hollow when there is no fresh blood to nourish them, while the best and brightest migrate in search of a more challenging and rewarding field for their abilities.

I've always been for a single world government, because it seems to me that only a single government could secure world peace and a fair deal for everyone. I'm not as sure of it as I used to be, though, and one reason for that is I think a borderless world might eventually come to be a rather blandly homogenous one, where every place looked and sounded and smelled and tasted pretty much the same as every other.

You see a lot of it already. When I worked in advertising I briefly lived a jet-connected existence, spending too much of my time in hotels and on planes, and they were all the same as one another. You even kept meeting the same damn' people, or so it seemed, in regional capital after regional capital. But that's an artificial, almost virtual world that multinational executives and other strange people inhabit. Imagine if the real world, the world of ordinary people, was like that.

Maybe conflict is the price we pay for preserving some of our variation, some of the differences we so prize. Is it worth preserving? The answer is pretty obvious; most of us will admit that variety is the spice of life. So maybe there should be borders, and cultural disagreements, and occasionally the odd border incident, just to keep people apart a bit. The trouble is, it never stops at that. And we have too many horrible weapons now to make war a winning proposition for anyone who engages in it, and for bystanders too.

Here is a prediction: there will always be nations, and differences among them, and one way or another there will always be empires. Better they should be acquired as America's was, by inheritance, persuasion and lucre, than by force of arms; but it would be better still if America's empire could be as well managed as Britain's was, which it can't. Since America doesn't have any official subject nations, it must do all it does through agents and satraps. But puppets have a lamentable habit of trying to pull their own strings.

Let's see what the Chinese do with the one they're laying the foundations for. So far, they've kind of followed the American model of conquest by influence rather than the more ancient method of marching in and helping yourself. Of course, American military power helps see to that. But I don't believe the Chinese are really interested in territorial conquest. Time will tell.

And meanwhile, an rather frail-looking senior citizen is put through a series of exhausting manoeuvres while her nonagenarian husband lies in hospital with a bladder infection, lasers are lit and thousands turn out to cheer. I bet she thinks it was worth it, though. It's a thing I like about Elizabeth; you can see she means to go out the old-fashioned way like a proper monarch should. None of this modern abdication nonsense for her.

(And meanwhile there sits Charles, his expression betraying his clueless bafflement and frustration as Mother carries on at full throttle, like a little ticking clockwork figure. Hey, that's a thought. Maybe she is a robot? Come on, it's more likely than her being a reptile...)

Three years and some to go and she'll be the longest-reigning British monarch. Charles will be gaga by then, if he isn't already. Eighty-eight's not impossible in this day and age. Her mother lived to be a hundred or something. To your health, ma'am.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cassegrain140

i'm still searching the internet to see what happened with regards to the laser, so far this is all i found but i'm going to keep looking and i'll post anything i find,

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

with the second link i'm still trying to figure out if the fireworks were actually real or just an image like the union jack flag that was being projected,

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join