It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen Jubilee laser beam will set the world alight? what's this all about?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Actually most of the army was raised in the British Isles, the Catholic King was an usurper and King 'Billys' invasion was not really an invasion but was him coming over to take his rightful place on the throne, which was supported by the VAST majority of the British isles.

Your a complete imbecile if you think the British try to hide these facts or brush it under the carpet. Northern Ireland, 1 of the 4 countries of the UK, has 2 public holidays every year to celebrate the victory over King James, this is because he raised most of his army there and conquered the usurper there too on the 12 July, hence the 12 July celebrations of the 'Orange Men'

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Learn some history, Jan. The accession of William III was a deal brokered between the representatives of Parliament and the Protestant majority on the one hand and the Dutch government on the other to rescue Britain from the Catholics. The security for this deal was Princess Mary (she of the toothsome cleavage; check out a portrait or two), daughter of James II and second in line to the throne after her father. It was she who succeeded to the British throne, with her co-regnant and husband William providing insurance.

Maybe Dutch history tells it differently? I suppose you know that in English, we still use the word 'Dutch' as a synonym for 'fake', as in Dutch courage, Dutch treat, Dutch wife, etc?

edit on 5/6/12 by Astyanax because: of Dutch remorse.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
wondering why the beacon lighting has caused such uproar amongst conspiracy theorists did any of you watch it?

it was nothing more than people lighting large bonfires across the country the laser show was restricted to the buckingham palace grounds in fact was restricted to showing images on the palace itself no conspiracy here im afraid.

i do however find it significant that we had a full moon on monday during the concert and also the transit of venus occuring later on today after the pomp and pageantry ends so i do see why some would believe that some kind of ceremony was taking place but believe me the laser show if thats all bluebeam can do we have nowt to worry us.

I leave you in the love and light of the creator...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Yanks hey??

Jealous much???

This teeny tiny island STILL rules the waves...

Maccy D's et al can go to hell.. You can keep it..

I will be having tea and scones x

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by coldlikecustard

For those of you trying to judge the UK from afar,this has been one of the biggest non-events ever in my eyes.I can take or leave our royal family and couldn't care less if they stay or go,they've never done me any harm.The world cup gets more support than this has when probably 1 in 3 cars has a patriotic flag shown proudly on it,I doub't if we're even seeing 1 in 20 cars in the last week or so flying the flag and I don't know of any street parties in my area or even anyone who was planning to travel to attend one or even visit a pub or anything similar to take part.
I'm happy because I get an extra day off work,that can't be bad can it?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
This is a read again thread , very good debating going on .

Anyhow my point is like it or not you have to consider the wider world , england/uk doesn't float in a bubble.

Its been attacked by Romans , French , Spanish , Germans , Danes , more than once . What it has developed then as a country is a system which cant be beaten or abused from the outside > the Crown .

Chairman Mao , Stalin , Hitler , anyone with intent , against us can # off . Or has had to.

Because . The Crown IS the system instituted by God Himself . The King of Kings , Lord of Lord s , Judge of Judges , His Royal Majesty .

Its not so much the wizened old lady who sits there but the throne , the shield and buckler , the Lion and Unicorn (all ref'd Old Testament) the eagles , the sceptre ,the mitre , the bows and arrows the harp and the welsh dragon and many others are all Biblical symbols .

And the meaning of all of them is (amongst other things of course) "We are harder than you . Older , wiser and much harder than you .This is Our Country , and Our World. WE do as WE choose. God and The Queen is behind us . "

It ought to command respect and it does. Just as the song of the 53rd regiment pg 1.

Oh they got pretty good Occult symbolism man, I give them that much (Including the shield supposedly described in the bible :lol
. Oh and by the way God doesn't put people in power, people put people in power.

edit: the Rockefeller family does more for the world than that old bag O' bones. Does that mean we will celebrate his birthday with him? Nope, call a spade a spade...all elites want us gone.
edit on 5-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
As a working Brit I feel that the royal family represent the last of what thos country has left in terms of national identity and yes Im aware of their historical European ancestory. The thing is for me the royal family do represnt value for money at least the queen does. I know many students and Communists are against them but honestly only someone not in tune with the real world would think a republic would do us better. I mean look at America, now I love America but does the average American honestly feel that life is more amazing for them in a republic? At the end of the day there is a welfare bill of 150 billion a year, unemployed families taking what amounts to 30k a year in benefits on average. As a working Brit I feel that the these people offer far less value for my tax money than the Royal family. God save the Queen!

Wow! Well it's certainly a grand thing that the UK, with the Queen and all, is completely devoid of welfare, poverty, unemployment etc...

By the way, if the Queen was so grand why did you all implement parliament???

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
For all those of you that are having a go at the celebrations, stop being so miserable. Yesterday we had a huge party in our local town in wales people were laughing, smiling, having fun and generally enjoying themselves. in these present times it was great to see.

Tis weekend has been spectacular for the UK. I have to say I have recently felt as if I have lost a national identity. This weekend has brouhgt some pride back to the UK even if it is just for a few days

So live for the day and enjoy it while you can. And those that hate the monarchy I hope you did the honourable thing and went into work on the bank holiday as protest. Somehow I doubt it though

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

i am sure you know the answer to this it is because we the people chose to not have a dictator or single person that could make a wrong decision and lead us into war poverty etc the system works if the government play their part but sadly power hungry politicians probably make more mistakes than anyone ever did in history the sad thing for me is if we had a government that were for the people then we would not even be having this discussion in the same vein the american constitution works but only if the people we put in power are for the people not for themselves sadly there are power mad c**** the world over so no ones system works

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsrreal

actually i am at work now and have been all weekend i am not against the monarchy as people but sure am against the principle of a ruling elite or anyone who thinks that they have a more devine right than anyone else so yes there are those of us that did the honourable thing and avoided the festivities on principle.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

so insults is it... the refuge of those without an argument. I win.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

you do make a good point, the change will be difficult and take a long time, but i feel it is inevitable as living standards start to deteriate over the net few generations and the crown's wealth becomes unsustainable...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

As a working Brit I feel that the royal family represent the last of what thos country has left in terms of national identity and yes Im aware of their historical European ancestory. The thing is for me the royal family do represnt value for money at least the queen does. I know many students and Communists are against them but honestly only someone not in tune with the real world would think a republic would do us better. I mean look at America, now I love America but does the average American honestly feel that life is more amazing for them in a republic? At the end of the day there is a welfare bill of 150 billion a year, unemployed families taking what amounts to 30k a year in benefits on average. As a working Brit I feel that the these people offer far less value for my tax money than the Royal family. God save the Queen!

Wow! Well it's certainly a grand thing that the UK, with the Queen and all, is completely devoid of welfare, poverty, unemployment etc...

yes because I and the rest of us present day Brits implemented parliament what a stupid comment and I think you will find that the poorest people are usually single blokes or single working people in general. However this is what I was getting at these things will be present with or without a monarchy. Oh and by the way the few years that we didnt have a monarchy were apparently some of the most miserable in history hence why they didnt last so long.Anyway there is still not one person whi has said what exactly is the benefit of living in a republic.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

Like anything, when functioning properly there is no better system than a representative republic. The problem is that this country, the USA, has not been functioning under a Representative Republic for almost 100 years!

Obviously the UK felt similarly as they established Parliament to check the power of the monarchy. And obviously, your Parliament is about as dysfunctional as our Republic. Both countries are now an Oligarchy.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

The monarchy are still a part of our system so as to uphold the Magna Carta, which is sort of like the American Constitution and protects the individual.

Basically, every law that is passed has to be approved by the Queen and she can refuse to allow it to pass. Now, to my knowledge, she hasn't refused any major law-changes in my life time, but they are still there to stop parliament having absolute power. This means that whilst the royal family exists there will not be a dictatorship in Great Britain... well, unless something extremely drastic happens.

I find it curious that we have Americans coming in here to bash our national holiday. Perhaps when it's Thanksgiving Day we should come into your threads and start reminding you of how your country is founded upon lies and the slaughter of thousands of natives. Of course it would be wrong and disrespectful to do that, so just remember: "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones."

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Maurice2014

hello, thanks for your post below, i'm interesting in what this is about as i've never heard this before, also, where is says ''his eye opens upon the mouth of the ganges'' who's eye it this referring to? thanks in advance

"On Her Dominions, the Sun never sets; before his evening rays leave the spires of Quebec, His morning beams have shone three hours on Port Jackson, and while sinking from the waters of Lake Superior, His eye opens upon the Mouth of the Ganges."

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thinking about the actual OP and the laser beams from the news report...this would be a great way to do some testing of BLUE BEAM ,the Powers that be (if they exist) have a great chance to freak us out...maybe they've tested the sound system already..now its the laser lights turn.... ... .if we end up seeing a 500ft jesus in the sky or hoards of alien invaders remember you've to think outside the box and deny ignorancereply to

hello, this is exactly what i was thinking, thanks for daring to post it, i'm a bit of a wimp and was hoping someone else would come on and say this so thank you, another interesting bit i came across which also reported back in january was this,

SCARBOROUGH Castle could be ‘set on fire’ to celebrate the Queen’s diamond jubilee. Lasers would project enormous flames on to the castle walls as part of the town’s celebrations on June 4. Talks are under way between the council and English Heritage to stage the light show after plans to light the beacon at the castle were scrapped. It was initially hoped that the beacon would be one of 2,012 lit across the country as part of celebrations to mark Queen Elizabeth’s 60-year reign.
www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk...

i can't help but think some thing strange is going on, but maybe i'm just paranoid. but my new motto in life is ''question everything'' and so far i've learnt stuff i never even imagined would be possible! its a crazy world we live in

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

his eye refers to the sun my good man the saying goes the sun never sets on the british empire .

this is because the british empire spans the world and as the sun is setting on one part of the empire it is rising or has already risen elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Empty Skies
I find it curious that we have Americans coming in here to bash our national holiday. Perhaps when it's Thanksgiving Day we should come into your threads and start reminding you of how your country is founded upon lies and the slaughter of thousands of natives. Of course it would be wrong and disrespectful to do that, so just remember: "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones."

Non-Americans do that regularly! Especially around the 4th of July. It doesn't bother me the least bit.

I'm happy for your holiday. I'm unhappy that it is a worship-fest for a human being. I guess I'm just not into idolotry or worshipping anyone or anything other than God.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

hello, i appreciate that everyone is entitled to their own opinions but i can't help but think this comment is out of order, if i'm reading it wrong please correct me,

I couldn't care less about the queen or the godless nation that is England, or the celebration of that stupid family of inbred leaders.

i'm assuming that since you call england a godless nation that you couldn't care less about, that you are talking about the people of england? if not then sorry in advance, but if this is what you mean then i have one question for you, do you believe in God? if so then your comment is a very un God like thing to say indeed,

me and my husband both believe in God, as do my husbands parents, as do at least 3 out of the nine people i work with, so its not fair to tar the whole nation with the same brush. there are a lot of good honest people in england, just like there is the whole world through, thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join