It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Honor Looks Like...Flash Mob At Gate 38

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I love seeing things like this.

Makes me think about my grandfather who served.. Wish you were here!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

The WWII generation was/is our Greatest Generation Ever. If you ever get the time to talk to a WWII vet about their service I greatly encourage it. I have spent numerous hours talking with vets about their service during WWII. They were just ordinary joes doing extraordinary things at one of the turning points of the modern world. Most still don't like to talk about some of the things, but the stories they do share are truly inspiring.

I don't mean to single out just U.S. Troops, each country's WWII vets should be respected for their service.
edit on 3-6-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
I was expecting this to be about your modern day child raping and child killing troops, in any case, your ww2 vets are no better.

The sheep always resent the sheepdog.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That's a great find.
My late father would have loved to have watched that video.

He volunteered at the age of 19 in 1939 and served six years with the Desert Rats in WW2 .
It's great to see these guys get some recognition.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

I was expecting this to be about your modern day child raping and child killing troops, in any case, your ww2 vets are no better.

You must be heartbroken that you aren't living under the rule of Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan.
You have my sincere condolences.

That was really great to see people paying their respects in such a spontaneous fashion. If the TSA has stopped these vets to grope them we might have seen the beginning of the second American revolution start in an airport terminal.

People paying respect to brainwashed decent people who thought they were defending their land when the wars they fought in were bought and paid for on both sides by the same money is very sad.
edit on 3-6-2012 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have a great distaste for all of these "Coming home" style shows and videos and pictures.
Whether or not we faught a war for good or bad reasons, we know that THIS war is being waged for the wrong reasons.
The United States is there for the terrorist state of israel, and big corporations (mostly pharma).
The more we endorse this "coming home" crap, the more these young naive boys and girls will enlist.
These young men and women may be heroes, i don't know as I never patrolled or stood post with any of them.
They just maybe a hero to the guy or gal that they got stuck with.
However, they are not my heroes, they have NEVER done anything for my security.
I am a firm believer that if a caveman 10,000 miles away with a Mosin and a camel wishes to do me harm, He can travel to me and I'll deal with it at that point.
There is a reason almost ALL of these kids come home with PTSD.
I am not saying spit at these young fools, but let's not all bust out into the USA,USA,USA mentality now please.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainGarden
That was awesome, I'm a grizzled 52 year old
I cried, that was so cool, some people still care.
Awesome.

....some people still care....

I believe a whole lot more than you think !!!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Now whats the difference in supporting the WWI or WWII veterans and the veteran's of this current generations war(s)?

This is truly amazing and I love seeing people do this. I'm 26 and a HUGE fan of later generation; those with more knowledge of life and less delusion than my current technology clad and more or less ignorant generation that I'm a part of.

I'll always hold a door for an elderly person, woman, or handicapped person and a lot of the times I've done so, I look for things like pins, hats, bracelets, rings, etc that let me know if they're a veteran, at which point I don't say a word but I smile and hope they understand why.

People who don't support those who are in the military are ignorant beyond compare and haven't a clue as to how much worse the world can be in a country where there's really no protection from anyone.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You must be heartbroken that you aren't living under the rule of Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan.

That was really great to see people paying their respects in such a spontaneous fashion. If the TSA has stopped these vets to grope them we might have seen the beginning of the second American revolution start in an airport terminal.

Citybig your opinion is your right -- no matter how ignorant

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

This is what your brave troops do.

Today's "wars" in Crapistan are unjust, yes. However, only a pure, unadulterated idiot can't separate the goals and ideals of America's military today and the American soldier of 1941 - 1945. You're truly a sad, pathetic little thing.

OP: Thanks for sharing that. Those were real heroes. My grandfather served in the 7th mounted Cavalry in WWII (yes, he rode a horse!).

/TOA

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Star for you Asktheanimals

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Now these are the true heroes unlike the 'soldiers' in Iraq/Afghanistan. These soldiers fought an actual true evil.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. My father was a veteran of three wars (WWII, Korean, and Vietnam) and I wish he could have seen this. He died in his sleep last year on the fourth of July. God bless these vets, and happy landings!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I saw this article today and thought I would share it. I know there are many here who do not support our troops, but there are many more that do.

To the contrary, I think nearly everyone supports the troops by wanting to bring them home.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Awesome? Absolutely! Flash mob? Nope....change the title. I was expecting a coordinated dance for them

Very amazing for the vets....but op, this is NOT a flash mob.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
_javascript:icon('
')
My eyes welled up when I saw the video... too awesome for words. My great-grandfather served in WWII as a medic and had earned his Glider Badge and Basic Parachutist Badge while serving in the 11th Airborne Division (Angels) but he passed away in 1994 before I got a chance to really inquire him about his service. Thanks for this video, major props.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Stories like these should make mainstream news. Great video, great thread, great feeling that fellow citizens can still show the military support and love....something it truly deserves whether you agree or not with the current wars.

And for crying out loud, to those who can't feel any emotion for a SECOND (those who bash the military and ramble on about war crimes), go f yourselves.

These soldiers have the courage that you will never have.
edit on 3-6-2012 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I was expecting the same thing, but had to go with the title of the article.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Cool video, i bet it really made them old guy's day getting a reception like that.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The great generation, will there ever be another?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join