It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Honor Looks Like...Flash Mob At Gate 38

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Wow..the amount of respect is overwhelming. People acting like....people.
We've been facing dark times, but you can see it piece by piece people are wanting to be human again. Can you see it?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainGarden
That was awesome, I'm a grizzled 52 year old
I cried, that was so cool, some people still care.
Awesome.

the vast majority of people care...only the few that don't, are the ones heard from and shown, again and again, from people that try and divide us.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

This is what your brave troops do.

maybe these are people that just blew-up a road-side bomb that killed troops, or they are people that fired ak-47 rounds into coalition troops in a firefight. one is in a different world when you are surrounded by the real threat of dismemberment and death

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So its one of those... hey everyone else was doing it, sort of situations. Nobody wants to be labeled a TERRORIST for not supporting their troops these days. Those without spines seem to fall in line.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Hey dirtbag, its the SOLDIER that gives you the privillage to spew the vileness from your pie hole.
The soldiers that died at Lexington, Bull Run, Antwerp, in Germany, Italy, Iwo Jima, etc etc

You should thank a soldier for the privilege of living in a free country, troll

And to give the other side of this jackwagon's coin, this is what the REAL HEROES do:

usarmy.vo.llnwd.net...

chivethebrigade.files.wordpress.com...

usarmy.vo.llnwd.net...

www.ohiomoaa.org...

how about these videos?

www.youtube.com...

do i need to keep going?
for every 1 or 2 scumbags that disgrace their uniform, I can show you 20-30 heroes doing the right thing

Go back to the cesspool you came from

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

maybe these are people that just blew-up a road-side bomb that killed troops, or they are people that fired ak-47 rounds into coalition troops in a firefight. one is in a different world when you are surrounded by the real threat of dismemberment and death

You could further that argument by asking what you would do if a foreign government landed troops in your country, claimed you all terrorists, and randomly killed your family and neighbors, then held up your dead brothers head like a dear trophy while smiling for the camera.

Some might call them patriots, sort of like our country did when the terrorist founding fathers rose up. WHY you do things matters. Don't let people ever fool you into believing that behaving like this is in any way honorable or even "OK". It isn't.

War is ugly, if you're a soldier, you still have choices as to how to conduct yourself. Heartless little piss ants that battle cry the loudest are usually the very ones that get people killed and just make a bad situation worse.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
I was expecting this to be about your modern day child raping and child killing troops, in any case, your ww2 vets are no better.

I really cannot understand people like you, unhappy because no one greets you when you enter an airport???

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

You could further that argument by asking what you would do if a foreign government landed troops in your country, claimed you all terrorists, and randomly killed your family and neighbors, then held up your dead brothers head like a dear trophy while smiling for the camera.

Some might call them patriots, sort of like our country did when the terrorist founding fathers rose up. WHY you do things matters. Don't let people ever fool you into believing that behaving like this is in any way honorable or even "OK". It isn't.

War is ugly, if you're a soldier, you still have choices as to how to conduct yourself. Heartless little piss ants that battle cry the loudest are usually the very ones that get people killed and just make a bad situation worse.

they don't claim they are all terrorists, and they don't go around randomly shooting family and neighbors.
look, there have been jobs that i have worked at here in the states where ther have been other employees that i wouldn't let near my family or into my home. we have pychopaths here in america that are civilians, and a few of them probably got into the military.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Citybig

Hey dirtbag, its the SOLDIER that gives you the privillage to spew the vileness from your pie hole.
The soldiers that died at Lexington, Bull Run, Antwerp, in Germany, Italy, Iwo Jima, etc etc

And to give the other side of this jackwagon's coin, this is what the REAL HEROES do:

usarmy.vo.llnwd.net...

usarmy.vo.llnwd.net...

www.ohiomoaa.org...

how about these videos?

www.youtube.com...

do i need to keep going?
for every 1 or 2 scumbags that disgrace their uniform, I can show you 20-30 heroes doing the right thing

Your soldiers also rape children.

1995 Okinawa Rape Incident

The 1995 Okinawa rape incident refers to a rape that took place on September 4, 1995, when three U.S. servicemen, U.S. Navy Seaman Marcus Gill and U.S. Marines Rodrico Harp and Kendrick Ledet, all from Camp Hansen on Okinawa, rented a van and kidnapped a 12-year-old Japanese girl. They beat her, duct-taped her eyes and mouth shut, and bound her hands. Gill and Harp then raped her, while Ledet claimed he only pretended to do so out of fear of Gill. The incident led to further debate over the continued presence of U.S. forces in Japan.

en.wikipedia.org...

Four U.S. soldiers charged with rape and murder

Four U.S. soldiers accused of raping and killing a 14-year-old girl and slaying her sister and their parents will face courts-martial on murder charges, military officials say.

The commander of the 101st Airborne Division has referred murder charges against the soldiers for the alleged crimes that occurred in Mahmoudiya, south of Baghdad, in March

articles.cnn.com...:LAW

To say nothing of the woman on their side who they rape..

newsjunkiepost.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
delete
edit on 3-6-2012 by KTATS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There are good, bad, honorable and dishonorable people everywhere and just because someone is a soldier doesn't automatically make them a hero any more than fighting an invading army makes another a terrorist.

What we do and why we do it matters to me and it bothers me at the same time when I see people cheering or jeering without giving much thought to what they're saying by doing that.

Blanket statements and holding up isolated incidents are easy to do, but the real truth comes from the overall sense you get from something. World War I and II were arguably much more cut and dry for most people, a clear enemy, a righteous cause everyone could pretty much agree with. Our more recent endeavors don't offer any of that because at their heart they're wrong and anyone with some insight knows it.

A little bravado either way is fine, but some perspective should go with it. You sort of expect everyone to be a hero in mainstream media, but here, you have to expect a little more depth to things that get posted.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by doryinaz

this is fabulous....we, Americans, really are good people....an God bless the soldiers....and the ordinary citizens who honor them!

I do believe there are still an abundance of us who are good. I see it sometimes in those around me when they think nobody is looking, and in troops like these. It's what we all do when no one is looking that makes the difference.

Originally posted by chopperswolf

This is a fantastic show of honor and reverence toward our veteran heroes. my family has many veterans, both young and old, and i am grateful to all of those who sacrificed for us. We need to remember why they served, and let not their sacrifices be in vain. we are in charge of our freedom now, in our own country. glad there are still men and women willing to stand in harms way to protect our freedoms.

I definitely thank them for their service as well.
I currently have two young nephews who are serving, they are good men too. Things would have been different for countless people if not for the actions of these brave men and women. There are bad apples in every lot in life, I am glad it doesn't make most people's lives unlivable. For most of us we can see through the bad ones and appreciate the good ones for what they do, what they are, and what they have given.

Originally posted by DoctorMobius

Wow..the amount of respect is overwhelming. People acting like....people.
We've been facing dark times, but you can see it piece by piece people are wanting to be human again. Can you see it?

I can, and I think that is another reason this strikes another chord with most of us here. Even if we haven't realized it, I feel like a lot of us (me included at times) have lost a lot of faith in humanity... this restores some of that and puts a spotlight on the fact that there are still empathetic people out there among us. I hope we see a heck of a lot more of it!

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Citybig

usarmy.vo.llnwd.net...

usarmy.vo.llnwd.net...

www.ohiomoaa.org...

how about these videos?

www.youtube.com...

do i need to keep going?

AWESOME!! Thank you for posting those here! I love seeing these types of videos because the MSM seems to leave these out a lot of the time. Both of my nephews asked for candy and little things to be sent to them so they could give it to the children where they were stationed. This goes on way more than is EVER reported! Thank you!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Very nice video, If only our troops In Canada and the USA where treated like this from the government when they get back home .

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
WW2 was about, for the states at least, retaliation against japan, then going to help out our allies. This was a honorable and justifiable war. Frankly, we were late in the game, but we got their in the end and turned the tides from a strong defense into a viable offense (not alone, all props to the allies...it was a proper working team effort).

Vietnam was..fighting the spread of a government type..with no actual care about the people we were dying for...confusing, not seeing the honor in the fight (not for the troops, but the commanders that shoved us in it year after year).
Arguably the same is going on now..it went on with Iraq for certain, and Afghanistan is now a lost point...

Wars of honor bring a nation up..wars of desire smashes the nation down. WW2 vets will always stand as a symbol of a time of honor and being part of the world as a force for good...now...ya, nothing decent has come since WW2...what we do now is fight for politicians, no longer for people...disgraceful

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
End of the day we may not agree with the governments decisions regarding our soldiers, but like anyone, they take up for freedoms modern society doesn't really get today. These people, and I stress the word people, have seen horrors you or I could never imagine. Honouring that sacrifice imo is just as important in this world, because without it, we are truly lost.

Yes, there are bad soldiers. The media, and then us, seem to focus on those points rather than what they have done that is good. But labelling all soldiers as murderers is akin to labelling all priests as padeophiles, and labelling all Muslims as terrorists.
If people saw that, there would be much more honour in this world.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I feel for these kids, There is no honor in war.

Wars should only take place with in the leaderships of country's. It should be up to the leaders to fight between them selves and leave the rest of humanity out of it. If they kill each other so be it, just leave our young alone, let them live with out the images of horror, death and brutality.

PEACE TO ALL but i fear that is just to much to ask for.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Older vets had just as much room to be corrupt as current ones.

That said, I don't respect troops any more than I respect ordinary people. Namely because, just like regular people, you never know who the good ones and bad ones are in the group until you get to know them. Sure, I'll respect someone from the army if I know them personally and they have an honorable personality... but being given training and a bunch of weapons to fight wars, supposedly in the name of justice, doesn't win my respect. I won't instantly respect someone just because they're military.

Good natured people who had the true intent of helping our country, who joined the military, yeah, I respect them. The ones who enlisted for a power high, nope, I don't respect them. Pretty simple.

I'm sorry, this may come as depressing or trolling to troop supporters, but I think it's rather ignorant to praise the troops when you know nothing about them individually. For example; the douchbag who claimed to have punched out Jesse Ventura (which he lied about) was in the military, and he was pretty well known for killing nothing but innocents, mostly women and children--and for no reason.

Too many of them have the potential to be wicked and evil, so I'm just saying, like the government, question them before you accept them.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Those vets deserve respect. That war was the vanguard of everything we know today. However, I dont think they would have predicted that corporate greed, coupled with soldiers fueled by gangster rap, would lead this great nation to be closely associated with the very enemy they fought so hard against. Who do you think Dick Cheney resembles the most?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Older vets had just as much room to be corrupt as current ones.

That said, I don't respect troops any more than I respect ordinary people. Namely because, just like regular people, you never know who the good ones and bad ones are in the group until you get to know them. Sure, I'll respect someone from the army if I know them personally and they have an honorable personality... but being given training and a bunch of weapons to fight wars, supposedly in the name of justice, doesn't win my respect. I won't instantly respect someone just because they're military.

Good natured people who had the true intent of helping our country, who joined the military, yeah, I respect them. The ones who enlisted for a power high, nope, I don't respect them. Pretty simple.

I'm sorry, this may come as depressing or trolling to troop supporters, but I think it's rather ignorant to praise the troops when you know nothing about them individually. For example; the douchbag who claimed to have punched out Jesse Ventura (which he lied about) was in the military, and he was pretty well known for killing nothing but innocents, mostly women and children--and for no reason.

Too many of them have the potential to be wicked and evil, so I'm just saying, like the government, question them before you accept them.

Too many of them? How many people do you know, when they agree to work for an employer, sign a contract similar to those in the armed forces? Ever read one??

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Putting aside the behaviour and merits of the individual, ANY man or woman who serves their country in the military deserves the respect of the people that they protect, without question.
You don't have to agree with american policy or the soldiers training but you have to respect the soldier and their choice to protect it's people with their lives.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join