What Honor Looks Like...Flash Mob At Gate 38

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

Unlike those soldiers though, these guys were conscripted and had no choice.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
What an awesome event..I wish I would have been flying through there that day to partake in this, but like others just seeing the video makes my eyes swell and puts a lump in my throat.

As a medic and having the privilege to care for some of that older generation I always inquire of those that would have been young adults at the time if they served in the military (if possible anyways). When I can I always thank them for their service and let them know that it is really appreciated. Not once, whether its a WWII vet or a Vietnam vet have I not felt like it was appreciated.

As for our WWII vets, they are a national treasure, they will not be around for much longer..so please if you run into one take the time to talk to them, and at least say thank you. I promise you will not regret it.

Thanks again for posting this; and thank you to all the vets!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
WOW!!!!!!!!!

This is what being an American is all about! It sends shivers down my spine and swells me with so much American Pride that I'm about to explode. This is the pride and honor that has sadly been lost in most places but thankfully it is still alive in others.

Moments like this make me feel GREAT to be an AMERICAN!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
LOL, They came out of gate 38 (3+8= 11 )...Take that Illuminati!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
sad How easily we are controlled.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
To those who have not served you do not understand that war is really hell, to see the blood and hear the crys of dying men all around you and wonder not if, but when yours comes, just stop ! And thank God there is no draft, where your metal is tested.This discussion is leaving a bad taste in many mouths and turning many soldiers away from the people they served to protect, at a very bad time.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
For example; the douchbag who claimed to have punched out Jesse Ventura (which he lied about) was in the military, and he was pretty well known for killing nothing but innocents, mostly women and children--and for no reason.

Really? Care to back that remark up with a source or two? Or are you just pulling it out of your fourth point of contact??

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Too many of them have the potential to be wicked and evil, so I'm just saying, like the government, question them before you accept them.

Yep, just like an average person on the street, too.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
That was absolutely amazing. And while I thank every soldier for their services to our country, I seem to have an affinity for giving extra care to world war II and Vietnam veterans. My grandfather, uncle, and father all served in the USMC, my grandfather in WWII Force Recon, and my Uncle and Father in Vietnam Force Recon. They were one of the reasons I got up off my ass at 18 and signed the papers.

It's good to see so much support. Definitely brought a tear to my eye. I only wish the turn out was this good for Vietnam vets.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who has replied so far and shown their own support. There are far more than I expected and for that I am thankful.
It is good to see such caring in humanity from time to time, what with all that is going on around us in the world today. It restores a bit of hope (in me at least) every time I witness something like this, and the support it receives whether it be here at ATS or any where else.

Too often bad news leads the headlines where the MSM is all too eager to live up to Henley's "Dirty Laundry".

Too bad we can't have some of you handling those headlines...Y'all are awesome for sure!!!
edit on 6/4/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Touching stuff. Just a pity we couldn't hear the cheers

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Great video. Btw there's a difference in supporting the troops and supporting what they are doing. Have a nice day!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Gosh, why did you have to make me cry, I was just happy 2 minutes ago.
WOW, that was really awesome what those people did.
My dad is a Vet of the Vietnam War.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Awesome indeed

Though there is a distinct difference between WW2 veterans and veterans nowadays.
The difference should be obvious to anyone so im not gonna explain myself.

(i know, i'll be flamed again, so be it)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by Citybig
I was expecting this to be about your modern day child raping and child killing troops, in any case, your ww2 vets are no better.

You must be heartbroken that you aren't living under the rule of Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan.
You have my sincere condolences.

That was really great to see people paying their respects in such a spontaneous fashion. If the TSA has stopped these vets to grope them we might have seen the beginning of the second American revolution start in an airport terminal.

That's almost enough to make you wish they had, isn't it?

I was glad to see it as well. A lot of the younger generation feel like the poster above, and I can only be thankful that the terminal was not filled to capacity with ingrates.

edit on 6/3/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

What the HELL are you talking about, a lot of younger generation feel like the poster above, speak for yourself please. I guess I would be part of that younger generation you are talking about, and Im so proud people took the time to honor these Vets. My grandfather was a WW2 vet for the Royal Air Force, of Britain. I cannot believe you would associate the younger generations as a whole, for one comment some idiot made, about them being Child raping and Child killing soldiers, get your head screwed on straight, Not every young person hates soldiers, in fact most are very very proud of any soldier , be it WW2, Korean, Vietnam, Gulf 1, Gulf 2. I found what you said to be very very offending. Geeez some people on here.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

What? You got a problem with that?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

You're missing the individual aspect of this moment. There are not many of these guys left and they deserve more respect than you just showed. What a miserable puke bag existence. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Ive said it before and i will say it again WWII vets are the last true war heroes.
Vietnam iraq afganistan vets not even close

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I wish this was the way all veterans were treated, rather than the exception.

God Bless them.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Extremely awesome. Thanks for the Vid buddy! One reason I love our county, people are still good out there. Not everyone is corrupted completely.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
While I have nothing against the veterans, I think it is naive to believe that we always go to war for our welfare, or good reasons that are for the benefit of all people.

I think there is a problem with having the willingness to kill others without having a full understanding of why you are killing.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join