It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC denies rumors of zombie apocalypse !!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
reply to post by xuenchen

apparently you fail to recognize the meaning of the phrase "tongue in cheek"

lame

I call lame on the CDC for ever posting such a thing (the original zombie outbreak poo) in the first place. They are a govt agency operating on our tax dollars and have no business posting 'tongue in cheek' crap on an official website. Their job is to protect us from disease... In a straightforward way. No need to confuse anyone.

people were really confused ?

over the age of 6 ?

c'mon

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

lame

I call lame on the CDC for ever posting such a thing (the original zombie outbreak poo) in the first place. They are a govt agency operating on our tax dollars and have no business posting 'tongue in cheek' crap on an official website. Their job is to protect us from disease... In a straightforward way. No need to confuse anyone.

people were really confused ?

over the age of 6 ?

c'mon
Did you happen to watch the Animal Planet 'documentary' about mermaids? In the onscreen
info-guides, it was listed as 'science fiction', because it was. At the end of the show, it was stated that it was fiction, on the Animal Planet website it was listed as fiction. That isn't enough to stop people from believing that it was real. I listened to callers on the radio go on about it, believing that it was real. I spoke to people in person that thought it was real.
So yes, some people believed what they read on a government website, they aren't all rocket scientists out there.

Is it too much to ask that a CDC website stick to facts in a serious way???
edit on 2-6-2012 by butcherguy because: Fixed quote

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

lame

Well Doctor,

why not give me your coded definitions ?

We are all dying to know

What IS your meaning of "tongue in cheek" ?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The fellow who was eating the face of another has a logical explanation.

There are bath salts being imported from China which are being snorted by some people. Those people then become crazy from the bath salts.

Those salts have a certain molecular structure which has not yet been banned in much of the world, so the sales continue.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

lame

Well Doctor,

why not give me your coded definitions ?

We are all dying to know

What IS your meaning of "tongue in cheek" ?

it's the same as everyone elses

you just chose to ignore it and go on with the misleading topic

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
you know what's really a "coincidence"??
It's Zombie Week on Chiller! LOL
www.chillertv.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
##################################### DENVER DET 1############################################

Z.O.R.T. Member Denver Detachment:
No animated dead identified in engagement area,all teams report negative.There was a brief scare on Colfax but identified subject proved to be an alcohol intoxicated homeless man who fell into mud.
No further activities noted at this time.
Detachment will remain on stand by as directed by protocol.Law enforcement will retain primary authority unless otherwise advised by command.

Z.O.R.T. Denver sector detachment command:Alpha 06

#######################################ENDREPORT#############################################

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I wonder if we will start seeing signs like these more often in the future.

Still, I sense there is more to the story than meets the eye. I havent seen yet, but does anyone know what drug the guy was using before he attacked the victim? I heard something mentioned about a possible new drug out there.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Benchkey

well i just have to say that i had a few friends do this. they took alot of bath salts but none of them ran around butt naked trying to eat people. So they way i look at it is that there is something else not necessarily a zombie virus but something that is messing with people. if you read the police reports all of them say he was on a different drug from bath salts to lsd.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benchkey
The fellow who was eating the face of another has a logical explanation.

There are bath salts being imported from China which are being snorted by some people. Those people then become crazy from the bath salts.

Those salts have a certain molecular structure which has not yet been banned in much of the world, so the sales continue.

sorry but it couldnt have been bathsalts. i have had a few friends do a large amount of this stuff and the last thing they did is eat someone.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I really hope you're not serious about a zombie apocalypse. If you look back in the news over the past 20 years, you'll find even more stories about someone eating someone else. This is not a new thing. Just think about it. Realize how ridiculous it all sounds. Stop believing what you see in movies and perhaps go see a professional.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Now a U.S. Government "agency" is involved. Most likely in an attempt to quell public panic.
(as well as hide their own guilt)

With the recent onslaught of cannibals and zombies worldwide...

Public panic?

No one is panicking except perhaps for a few folks here who are short on a few brain cells themselves. ONSLAUGHT of ZOMBIES? Seriously.. you said that? A handful of cases is not an "onslaught." Living humans are not "zombies." I realize some of you folks have such humdrum lives, that you don't mind if people suffer and die as long as it appeases your need for something exciting to happen. But at least don't post such ridiculous, fear-mongering, VASTLY blown out of proportion statements. Sure they made a comment, because some IDIOT (perhaps someone on this board, or one like it), mailed them, and they felt the need to respond. Had they not, then we get the droves of "omg they are covering something up and are staying silent!" posts.

Get a grip on reality people, honestly...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiritus

You do realize that different drugs and medication can react differently with different people right?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

You get a star from me...
I'm glad I'm not the only sane person on this site.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiritus

i have had a few friends do a large amount of this stuff and the last thing they did is eat someone

Wouldn't that point to bath salts as a problem?
If the 'last thing they did' was eat someone?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

news.nationalgeographic.com...
I had seen one report out of Florida about the leaked virus and then it was taken down. It said the virus which is mutating rapidly and is now to be believed air-borne was released from a University (like university of Iowa Florida or some name like that) . I have looked for a couple of hours and cannot find the report, but I will keep looking.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If this is not true then why the police has felt the need to label this behavior as EXCITED DELIRIUM??? It is starting to be found everywhere even in Europe....as in wikipedia
Excited delirium is a condition that manifests as a combination of delirium, psychomotor agitation, anxiety, hallucinations, speech disturbances, disorientation, violent and bizarre behavior, insensitivity to pain, elevated body temperature, and superhuman strength.[1][2] Excited delirium is sometimes called excited delirium syndrome if it results in sudden death (usually via cardiac or respiratory arrest), an outcome that is sometimes associated with the use of physical control measures, including police restraint and tasers.[1][2] Excited delirium arises most commonly in male subjects with a history of serious mental illness and/or acute or chronic drug abuse, particularly stimulant drugs such as coc aine.[1][3] Alcohol withdrawal or head trauma may also contribute to the condition.[4]

The diagnosis of excited delirium has been controversial.[5][6] Excited delirium has been listed as a cause of death by some medical examiners for several years,[7][8] mainly as a diagnosis of exclusion established on autopsy.[1] Additionally, academic discussion of excited delirium has been largely confined to forensic science literature, providing limited documentation about patients that survive the condition.[1] These circumstances have led some civil liberties groups to question the cause of death diagnosis, claiming that excited delirium has been used to "excuse and exonerate" law enforcement authorities following the death of detained subjects, a possible "conspiracy or cover-up for brutality" when restraining agitated individuals.[1][5][6] Also contributing to the controversy is the role of taser use in excited delirium deaths.[3][9] The American College of Emergency Physicians has officially recognized excited delirium as a unique syndrome[10] and "rejects the theory" that excited delirium is an "invented syndrome" used to excuse or cover-up the use of excessive force by law enforcement.[11] However, it has not been recognized as a medical or psychiatric diagnosis according to either the ''Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th Edition, Text Revision'' (DSM-IV-TR) of the American Psychiatric Association or the International Classification of Diseases of the World Health Organization. [12]
www.npr.org...
www.google.com... qGefi2QWF1ozbCw&usg=AFQjCNFPgcpK1Y9TuFn9hpj-3c4H0pb2cA&sig2=z9P3tLWX09s6LJfr0YMG0w
www.google.com... acks-cover-up-zombie-virus-now&ei=Q2vKT4yqGefi2QWF1ozbCw&usg=AFQjCNEcl2cvqH3nn47f5pWUkvTzv-5IBg&sig2=_HkNQplpIWs8T8o-6YQ0vg
These are just a few I believe excited delirium deserves it's own thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

What National Geographic put forth in that article is speculative fearmongering. There is a rapidly evolving rabies spreading between different small mammals in the American southwest, yes, but the meat of the article you provided is NatGeo saying what could happen in a highly improbable chain of mutations combining various traits from things like influenza, and the measles.

It's quite disingenuous of them in my opinion. Straight yellow journalism fear mongering.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

I wonder if we will start seeing signs like these more often in the future.

Still, I sense there is more to the story than meets the eye. I havent seen yet, but does anyone know what drug the guy was using before he attacked the victim? I heard something mentioned about a possible new drug out there.

We had one of those here last summer too!
www.huffingtonpost.com...

it's all fun and games until somebody gets their brains eaten out....

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines
Really?

Is it possible that the American public is really that stupid?

The flesh eating disease is all true. I know 3 people who have it here and they had to get round after round of high potent antibiotics and operations to cut it out. As far as i know, i have not actually seen any zombie activities, but have heard of wierd occurances on the net. Some of which did not make the news like the face eating mad man. Here is a report. Local fisherman wittness person walking out of lake,woman calls police and says intruder has half a head. Woman hits pedestrian, pedestrian gets up and leaves his arm behind. Now this incident with MR. FACE EATER. Interesting.
What on earth are these people on.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join