It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two 60-foot-tall trees found “snapped off” after unexplained Kalamazoo house-shaking boom

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
Human love your threads

but what are the chances
it may have been a lighting strike

Never saw lightning strike damage that looks like that.
Looked up pictures and I guess it can look like that. Would be weird though two trees at once in clear weather.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Clearly the pilot of an alien spacecraft fell asleep at the controls and once hitting those trees it woke up, hit the gas, and blasted off at the speed of light which is the cause of the loud boom. This is clear to everyone else, correct?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The earth has secrets that I think we don't know about. I have seen some strange things in my time this booming could just be another thing we just don't understand yet. Like something to do with the pole reversal. Magnetic waves in the air that we can't see could be making these booms or even something else. We just need to be patient I'm sure something will turn in time.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
see the 2nd pic in the link, from farther back, they are so evenly broken off and they don't looked burned so rule out lightening. it's, very interesting.....

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
Just to give a bit of info...

In Michigan, most homes have 32 inch centers (the space between 2X4's in the walls, it's standard) when this gentleman says "built for tornadoes".... I think he means he has 16 inch centers and not 32

I used to live about 50 miles north of Kalamazoo (in Holland, for 40 years) and as far as I know there is no oil to "frack" from the ground in that area, the water table in that part of Michigan is about 12 feet I believe, (you can dig 12 feet down and you will find water)

The other thing is that Michigan is mostly silica sand, so it's more a spongy base rather then bedrock so vibration will be more muffled, the sand shifts more easily,so it will "ripple" like water rather than "snap" as is likely in the western part of the USA.

Some of the best UFO evidence to date has happened in lower west michigan. Not saying it's related to this, but it's possible
edit on 1-6-2012 by thedigirati because: (no reason given)

What...

Your avatar is too distracting.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by research100
see the 2nd pic in the link, from farther back, they are so evenly broken off and they don't looked burned so rule out lightening. it's, very interesting.....

I noticed that as well.

The trees in question seem to broken at the same height and from the same direction. As if something hit them at a high speed. Was there any evidence at ground level of the breakage, where did the breakage land (if there is evidence at the scene)?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Something in the text caught my attention as well. The text says : (second from last sentence) "Video frame image".

So does that mean there was video from the incident? I would be interested to see that video.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I know that speculation on these things are 9/10s of the fun around here, but ....... in many of these cases its a Ram Jet UAV with a young computer jockey at the KB. They're trying to log as many hours as possible before the units are deployed to Iran. Traveling at Mach 1 at tree top level has been a practice since the late 60s for manned aircraft and continues today with advanced UAV prototypes.

Buck

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
Something in the text caught my attention as well. The text says : (second from last sentence) "Video frame image".

So does that mean there was video from the incident? I would be interested to see that video.

The video is in the second post, below the OP: Here.
edit on 2/6/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Certain pitches of sound can shatter crystal, sound can also shatter bone, wood, stone and maybe even metal with the right pitch/vibration. This is one of the things Nikolai Tesla was working with before he died, his famous "earthquake" machine.

Might wanna check the USGS to see if an earthquake happened. Been having quakes in places that have never seen a quake in recorded history and that is wierd.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

that's not an Avatar, that's just my wife

(I got a great deal in my Contract with the USMC, got stationed in Hawaii, and a hot wife out of the deal)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I can't believe I didn't hear about this. I live in Kalamazoo and Monday morning was a pretty calm morning. We were up getting ready to take our daughter to the Memorial Day Parade although it was really hot out already, it was sunny and calm. I have a friend who is part time on the Oshtemo FD, I should call him and see if he was a responder to this call.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
Just to give a bit of info...

In Michigan, most homes have 32 inch centers (the space between 2X4's in the walls, it's standard) when this gentleman says "built for tornadoes".... I think he means he has 16 inch centers and not 32

I used to live about 50 miles north of Kalamazoo (in Holland, for 40 years) and as far as I know there is no oil to "frack" from the ground in that area, the water table in that part of Michigan is about 12 feet I believe, (you can dig 12 feet down and you will find water)

The other thing is that Michigan is mostly silica sand, so it's more a spongy base rather then bedrock so vibration will be more muffled, the sand shifts more easily,so it will "ripple" like water rather than "snap" as is likely in the western part of the USA.

Some of the best UFO evidence to date has happened in lower west michigan. Not saying it's related to this, but it's possible
edit on 1-6-2012 by thedigirati because: (no reason given)

if michigan is mostly silica sand then sand mining could be the culprit. the same process as fracking is used..... they need the silica sand for fracking sites. it may not be fracking itself but sand mining is BIG business right now.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My first thought was Lightning. Especially one that branches across between the two trees. One would need to inspect the fallen parts for any indication of lightning. If you are thinking of a UFO, then inspect for scraping damage on the fallen parts.

From the photo I can't determine if other trees were in the area that would also have been hit if it were a UFO.

Lots of photos before any removal would be prudent.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
apparently it was heard over a lagre area so they ruled out the special fireworks...the homeowner said there was no wind, and the airforce saiid they didn't have anything flying in the area. no burn marks on the what is left of the trees...they both broke off at the same point, nothing around them disturbed.

I love a good mystery......wonder if will happen again......that would be something!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

1 lightning strike that somehow hit 2 trees at the same time and the at 20 ft high on both? without fire?? i dont think so, a couple years ago lightning hit my neighbors tree and he had to call fire dept because it started a fire. And a lightning strike sounds more like a "strike" rather then a boom or an explosion

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jordanAKbramsen

over twenty years ago i was watching a really bad thunder and lightning storm outside my home. i was glancing out on and off. it was getting louder and louder.

when a thunderstorm is directly above you it can get very loud. this was worse. it got to the stage where the thunder was so loud it sounded like it was rolling along the ground. i never heard it so loud.

i was starting to get a little concerned. then i was looking out the window and couldn't believe what i seen, it was not like any normal lightning stike. it was honestly like a ball of fire came hurtling from the sky and hit a tree across the road from me. It cut the tree in half like those in the pic. the ball wasn't orange or yellow or it wasn't white like an ordinary lightning strike. I don't really know what colour it was it all happend so quick. it did briefly scare the hell out of me but i figured i wasn't going to see something that nuts anytime soon again. i was right. i haven't seen anything like it since.

i have seen lighning strikes but nothing like this. after checking out different info i can only guess it was ball lightning which apparently a lot of people refuse to believe exists. i know what i seen though. it didn't noticeably burn the tree either. just cut the dam thing in half.

oh yea, and it was like a huge bomb going off when it appeared from the sky.
edit on 2-6-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OatDelphi
Sounds more like a mini Tunguska event... but probably was lightning

My first assumption as well. Although a quick search of weather.com shows no high wind warnings or lightning for that day.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
weird. okay, while were speculating, is lake michagin getting read to burst?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Please tell me that they're not going with the Fireworks theory. Come on, be real......

IF, and I mean IF, fireworks were near by, they DO NOT CUT DOWN TREES!!!

Fireworks will burn holes in canvas tops, leave marks on vehicles and if in a dry area, may start a fire. Hence why they have fireworks ban in dry areas.

In high winds, yes a tree may topple over but you would still have debris from other trees. In the picture, I didn't see any typical wind storm debris, such as leaves, twigs, branches..... with that many tress around there would be some thing.

Lightning usually but not always leaves some sort of burn mark. But it usually is still connected even if it strikes it in two.

Regardless, some thing strange is going on. Whether it's gov. experimentation or more along the lines of the bizarre and unexplained, we'll never know.

I read a comment on another site and it made me think, what if.....
WHAT IF the division/separation between dimensions is breaking down... in small, isolated locations. These 'booming sounds' are the (audible) vibratory signature of this phenomena.

The Dec 21, 2012 'event' is, according to some 'experts', the Nexus Point of multiple time-lines/dimensions of Earth's reality. As Earth approaches this Nexus, there are bound to be isolated instances of resonance between these entities.

Just a theory!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join