It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Comics' Green Lantern is now gay

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

aawwhh come on,i thought that it was at least a little funny

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
I call bull# on that, children know that they will not become "black" by idolizing a black person, but by idolizing a lifestyle they can achieve it. Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice not a skin color.

Then by all accounts I would have become a serial killer instead of gay because most of the genre that I followed from child to adult was horror and slasher movies that was watched with straight cousins. It is about as much a "lifestyle choice" as explaining why I am left handed instead of right. I am able to force some tasks with my right hand out of necessity but, it is unnatural and odd.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
I call BS on that, children know that they will not become "black" by idolizing a black person, but by idolizing a lifestyle they can achieve it. Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice not a skin color.

As far as the skin colour analogy is concerned, yes, it is rationally bogus, but that's not why gays use it.

The thing which homosexuals primarily aim for in their arguments, is the maximisation of victimhood. Most of the time, their own perspective is going to be primarily emotional. They can't win arguments with people by attempting to appeal to logic, because generally speaking, said perspective doesn't have a logical basis. So what they then have to do, is to try and persuade the person they are speaking to, to adopt their own emotional stance on the issue.

They primarily do this by drawing comparisons with other oppressed groups. It reminds me of how I heard a while back, that some gay activists had designed a rainbow flag for people with autism. The reason why they want to do this, is because they want to emotionally equate themselves with people who have other forms of disadvantage, in the perception of the public.

So yes. They'll compare themselves with black individuals. They'll compare themselves with oppressed religious groups. They'll say literally whatever they have to, in order to get you to adopt their position. It doesn't matter whether what they're saying is true or has any rational basis whatsoever. That's not what's important.

What's important is that you agree with them, and are willing to give them whatever they want, whenever they want it.
edit on 2-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
As for me I don't agree with them. I'm just against discrimination.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
Spoken like a true latern..and may I add
In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!
Here here! Also, I made a new avatar to help clarify the matter...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Haha, love the new avatar! I bet you "they" "them" still won't get it. One question though,so does this mean your gay? Lol j/k

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

I think that black one is looking at the white ones butt

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

What's your major problem with everyone being happy and equal?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There's at least 100 super heroes. Only 1 turns out to be gay? Not proportional to society.

*Looks Superman's way*

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join