It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Goes Through your Head Right Before Bed?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
In fantasy land till my thoughts scatter.... than sleep

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

is the front door locked ?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Most times I don't go to sleep until my eyes are already half closed so I usually go right to sleep but if i ever do go to sleep instead of falling asleep then I'm trying to lucid dream in which case I'd repeat "lucid dream" over and over while thinking of flying until I go to sleep..

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

is the front door locked ?

If it wasn't, I'm sure it is now.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
remember agenda to make sure i dont forget important stuff...

how i am going to die during my dreams/nightmares...

how i can earn lots money so i can do my objectives...

thank the architect... (not mason just like to call it this name).

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

For myself it is very important, too.

When i get into bed the first thing i do is meditation. I put on my headphones, play some theta waves and for the next 30 minutes i will meditate. I see my whole family happy, healthy, safe, full of love and having a good nights rest, and that they will wake up in the mood to be ready for the new day and all that lies ahead.

I say thank you to our Creator for all that He has done in that day. I concentrate on positivity and happiness.

To me it is very important to acknowledge all He has done, and that what He will do.

I do the same in the morning.

It gives me spiritual satisfaction and calms me. I never knew how this can change ones life until very recently and it had become, for the lack of a better word, an addiction.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: grammar

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
When I go to bed, I never fall asleep quickly, sometimes it takes fifteen minutes, more often it's longer like at least an hour. Thoughts, well, I know you're supposed to "not think" but I can't do that. When I try not thinking about anything, I keep thinking just that, telling myself not to think, so pointless..

Usually the thoughts are about lost love, wasting my life, hoping to never wake up again, etc. It's almost like when I dream, I am alive. When I am awake, I am not. But I guess that's normal when you're not too happy about your life.
Also, I tend to speak while in bed. Yes, I am alone, but I always hope that someone is watching over me, so that I'm not alone..

I could write a long story about this, but I'm not gonna. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think "another day done, another day closer to getting off this rock and out of this broken body".
Then in the morning I wake up and think "any miracle cure while I was sleeping? no? Figures ... "

Lather .. rinse ... repeat.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I look at my bed and think 'i cant wait till i am comfy, warm and snoozing' Sometimes i will think if i'll have another intense zombie nightmare, i have had a few lately, the last one i had was scary as hell.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by mainidh

I haven't had a nightmare in over 20 years , thankfully .

Lol almost the same number of years I've not had a good nights sleep.

You sleep criminal you!! Now I know why

ugh, mix my lot with a good case of 100% au natural man made god swine flu from hell, and I expect tonight will be another one of dreading my own bed as I reunite my senses with the fact I'm still fondling for that elusive sleep against a soggy pillow full of recently drooled nose glue..

save me barry.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
When I first get into bed, I think about the things I've said and done during the day, and then my brain takes over and starts throwing random words together.

I almost always fall asleep with a song in my head.

If I've been reading just before I go to sleep, my brain will sometimes continue the story in the style/'voice' of the author, but the story never makes any sense.

When I was younger I used to feel a sort of swaying sensation in my head and when that happened I knew that I was about to fall asleep 'properly'.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I could make movies with what I think of before I fall asleep, epic movies. I still have quite the imagination and hope to never lose it. I dwell over questions I can't answer and mysteries that life has to offer.

My thoughts become vividly visual before I fall to sleep and when they do its a good indicator that ill be out within minutes. I try my best some times to keep from going to sleep when things become visual just to see where things go. thinking maybe ill o.b.e if I keep myself from falling asleep, but I never have so far.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
"I love you."

2nd

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Skip to about 6:00..that's pretty much what I experience, just random weirdness

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
After a 12 hour shift when I go to bed I think that's another crappy day out of the way then when I wake up im thinking ohhh ffs another crappy day

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

hmmm. Mine isn't really like a computer shutting down, but more like one that got a virus. My thought process just becomes chaotic and nonsensical, highlighting thoughts or memories that blur into this collage of things relevant to my subconsious. I'll then somehow make sense of all this by enabling a virtual space that can act and see it out, I unfortunately can hardly ever remember any of this.

Me too. I have what tptb refer to as adhd and it shows. I have three non running cars at my house right now and 6 dirty guns...

But yeah its so bad it keeps me from sleeping sometimes and i have to clear my mind and meditate sometimes.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
ATS goes through my head lol

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
once i make my dog get off the bed, things could go either way. some nights, i fall peacefully asleep in no time.

other nights...that's when the circus kicks into overdrive...

pillow time is usually when i assess my day. what happened? what did i do? how did i do it? how did i handle certain situations? was i a prick to so and so? did he really mean what i think he did? basically, just a check sheet of the day.

i can't tell you how many "i'm sorry for..." texts i've sent right before falling asleep.

guess that's around the time my ego is shutting down fur the day and my spirit can shine the light wherever it deems necessary. if all my ducks are in a row, i've been a good person that day and there isn't anything clawing at my subconscious, i can fall right asleep but if there's something i need to work on and i know it deep down, i can't sleep unless i admit it and accept that i need to change it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Right before bed?

I make sure my older kids are ready for bed, read to them or listen to them read, kiss/hug them good night, get ready for bed.

Then I go through a checklist of things I need to get together so I will be able to run out the door the next morning.

Then, I get my youngest kid ready for bed, cuddle up with him and get him to sleep. Then, I relax myself and just think about whatever comes into my mind, but I do not let myself get trapped in thoughts. Eventually, my thoughts start to turn into wacky half-thought/half-dream creations, and then I fall asleep.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
How on Earth I'm going to prevent myself from having to live on the streets in the UK in the future...seriously this is my greatest concern and why I worry at night and not able to sleep! Moved back to the UK 8 years a go and due to the low wages and high rent haven't been able to afford any kind of base yet. I'm 46 and have to work 22/7 as a live-in carer just to keep a roof over my damn head!.....it's disgusting...and now the government's hit this work big time with the cut backs!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join