It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Goes Through your Head Right Before Bed?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I feel like the moments right before you go to sleep are very important.

When I lay in bed and close my eyes for the night of sleep ahead, I feel a lot going on in my brain. It is almost like the log off process on the computer. All the data is being sorted and saved, before going into sleep mode.

For me, I can feel my mind going through a synopsis of my day, making notes of important events that occurred, and the craziest part is it is doing this almost automatically. I find the human mind to be incredible in this respect. It really is like a computer.

Just felt like sharing. Do you have any thoughts on this? What goes through your head right before bed?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
future goals, things i should be doing but am not yet doing

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
When I was younger (early teens through early 20's) I used to always try and find something, throughout my day, that I did not understand (literally or metaphorically), and I would note that 'thing' and set it aside for night.

When I would go to sleep that night I would recall these questions and ponder them until I fell asleep...sometimes having an associated dream, often not. And this was a great exercise, I feel, for me, as a person (not just a young one).

Unfortunately it has faded over the years, the questions have stopped coming

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Hey Solar...been a fan of your posts since "poon was in the air"...

Before I hit the sack, I usually recite the lord's prayer, as it puts me too sleep immediately. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever finished it...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Before I go to bed I invariably think, "Am I gonna get laid, or am I not gonna get laid?"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I've never directly observed it but I understand that blood goes through my head, pretty much every night before bed.

But being serious, I could say that I think of all the same sorts of things pretty much most of the day. Just before going to bed is not that different (except for the anticipation of respite).

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
For me, I can feel my mind going through a synopsis of my day, making notes of important events that occurred, and the craziest part is it is doing this almost automatically. I find the human mind to be incredible in this respect. It really is like a computer.

I get this before going to bed, but actually have this pretty much 24/7. The only difference is the degree to which I focus on this "stream of consciousness" with conscious awareness. I'm aware of and can highlight this stream at any time, but especially so when sensory stimuli is kept to a minimum (as in when you try to sleep).
edit on 31-5-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Spoken like a true egg-dweller.

It varies for me. I often go to sleep listening to someone being interviewed (I never make it the full way through, unless it is a good interview). But, I usually feel a switch go off and I realize that I will be off to lala land in no time.

When I was younger, I would close my eyes and I would have a multitude of unfolding scenes in my minds eye(?) I used to think I was viewing some random events somewhere else on earth.

I would like to go back to "breathing in and out the universe." A simple imaginary/meditation concept I came up with to relax and quietly drift off into sleep. But, there are too many David Wilcock interviews to listen too at the moment. /sarcasm

Great question.
edit on 31-5-2012 by alyoshablue because: grammar

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It varies with me. I think a contributing factor is my level of content with the way life is going.

If everything is okay and I'm not super stressed :
It usually starts with a random vision (I'm the kind of person who actually sees things when I think) pertaining to a goal. More often than not, I'll imagine being on stage with my band. From there it spirals into a semi-sleep-dream-state where I'm still awake, but dreaming, and the stories and visions get more abstract as time goes on.
Everything from playing a concert, to accomplishing superhuman feats.

This past week (split from the love of my life this past Saturday) it's been filled with images of her. How her smile was comforting. The way she would dance in my car to make me laugh while we drove. How the spot where her shoulder becomes her neck had the most relaxing/comforting scent you could ever imagine... *Sigh*
F*ck...

S&F

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Absolutely everything, I wish I could turn it off. I think of everything from the past to now to what's to come. It often keeps me awake longer. I also have a problem sleeping after 2 back surgeries, which doesn't make it any easier to sleep. So I usually end up picking up one of my tablets and browse ATS or study until I can't keep my eyes open.

Wish I could not think of anything before bed. LoL Then I'd probably be able to go to bed.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
how can the jets offense do better this year ?
how will we get enough money to move into a bigger place before my son outgrow his room ?
did that guy really think the apollo missions were faked in a studio ?
I hope it doesn't (rain, snow) tomorrow
I need a better mattress

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
did I pay that bill?
did I get that thing (insert almost anything) done..
I have to do this and this and this...tomorrow.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

God , when I lay down to go to sleep I am OUT inside of 30 seconds .

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

God , when I lay down to go to sleep I am OUT inside of 30 seconds .

Ha! Lucky you!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
My goodness, I wish I could be out that fast. My wife falls asleep that fast. It kills me.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest, it just varies for me from night to night.

The days events, the events that will take place tomorrow, cute girls, not so cute girls, Ideas I want to write about.

It just really depends on what is going on in my life at that moment. I find that if I am extra stressed out, I tend to dwell on more negative thoughts when I am dozing off to sleep. Or if I am in an extra good mood, my thoughts are much more positive.

I am also envious of those who can fall asleep really quickly. I tend to have a lot of trouble actually getting to sleep. So not fair.

On a side note, it is nice to see you again, SolarE. It's been a while!

edit on 31-5-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I pray for world peace.

For all victims of abuse to be spared further abuse.

For all people that are hungry, cold and homeless to find food, warmth, and a safe haven.

For those who depart that their souls find peace as well as our planet to heal from mankind's abuse.

For those that feel unloved to feel loved.

Then I ask for my husband to wake up and be with me another day and the safety of my family.

I pray for all of us, including you.

Sounds gushy, sugar, sweet but I am sincere.
edit on 31-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

hmmm. Mine isn't really like a computer shutting down, but more like one that got a virus. My thought process just becomes chaotic and nonsensical, highlighting thoughts or memories that blur into this collage of things relevant to my subconsious. I'll then somehow make sense of all this by enabling a virtual space that can act and see it out, I unfortunately can hardly ever remember any of this.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Will I be able to get to sleep tonight, and if I do... will I wake up tomorrow.

then the nightmares come...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I haven't had a nightmare in over 20 years , thankfully .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join