It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Goes Through your Head Right Before Bed?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If I start am I gonna be able to finish before the sleeping pill kicks in?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well it takes me a couple of hours to fall asleep, that's a lot of crap going through my head.

But mostly lately it's been, will the freakin' upstairs neighbours wake me up a 3am again.

edit on 5/31/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Right before I fall asleep, my mind goes into something like overdrive, where it is able to make these huge connections between things and like it's potential is freed up beyond my usual conscious mind. I'm also able to visualize things much better, sometimes to completely immersive and realistic levels. I've felt for a while that this state is probably important and can be very beneficial, and I've tried to maintain awareness during this state and utilize it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

That happens to me too. It takes me a LONG time to fall asleep, but the 5 minutes or so where I'm almost out my brain goes into overdrive. Things that I've been trying to figure out click, everything seems somehow more clear though I also feel foggy. I know people say dreams help you solve problems, but I think mine get dealt with in that little window.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What chapter was I on?
Which book do I read now?

I must read to go to sleep so my last thoughts are of the story line.Because if I don't
read I will be up most of the night thinking about the day I had, the next to come,
what didn't get done what needs to get done etc..
Reading shuts it all down for me and my brain takes a vacation every night.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I always listen to old Coast to Coast AM archived shows before I go to sleep, so I usually end up thinking of whatever the topic was as I'm drifting off into the ether.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I imagine I'm a major league baseball player, then I imagine I have the most gorgeous girlfriend, then I imagine I'm the Incredible Hulk. Not always in the same order every night.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

This is an interesting topic. My moments before sleep have baffled and haunted me since childhood.

When I'm trying to shut down my brain and sleep, I'll get a myriad of experiences.

On nights when my ears are ringing very loud, I'll hear voices. When I say voices, I mean full-fledged like-they-are-right-next-to-me voices. From different directions. These are always in voices I don't recognize and they are almost always irrelevant to me. These voices seem like bits and pieces of conversations I've never heard nor are they familiar to me. And again, clear as if they were next to me in bed. I've actually asked my psychiatrist about them because I thought maybe I had schizophrenia but she said "as long as they aren't telling you to do things, you're good". Hah.

On nights when my ears aren't ringing, I see images. Clear, concise images. Sometimes mundane and random... like the voices. But sometimes these are classic horror images. Like a little girl, zooming in... then she looks up and there's nothing in her eye sockets but black holes. If not scary or boring images, I get geometric shapes.

Finally, three nights ago, I got actual "feel". I don't understand this one yet and I woke up my wife to tell her. I had an image of this rose stone statue thing that had the head of an angler fish but scales and body of a dragon. I actually "felt" it. Like... I actually could feel the texture (cold and smooth as my brain slid down the relief pattern of the scales) of it. It was the first time.

On nights that I drink? Nothing. I go straight to sleep. This may be why I started drinking again, hah!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

what if you were a major league baseball playing hulk with a crazy hot girlfriend all at once? that would rule. oh! and major league hulk would always play ball with his girlfriend on the field...
i imagine him standing there with his curvacious girlfriend ridind on his shoulders while he hits a baseball halfway across the ocean with a parking meter...
yeah.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
if i am being completely honest i usually just think: "i hope i just stay asleep forever."

sad but true.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I definitely agree with that last part. On nights that I drink, I am out like a light right when I get into bed.

Not necessarily a bad thing. In fact it is kind of nice not going through the log off process of saving all your work etc, you just go straight to sleep mode.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Another member had mentioned how just before you go to sleep, the mind almost goes into an overdrive mode of a flurry of random images and sounds. That happens to me too.

I feel like there is something important about the whole shut down process for the night. I believe it is beneficial for the body and mind.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Did I lock the house?
Are the children tucked in?
Do I need to wee?
Is my wife awake enough to get some? (Usually not)
What day is it tomorrow? (Hopeful for Saturday)

If I am awake after these thoughts, I usually think about boobs, or aliens, but rarely aliens with boobs.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Before I go to bed I invariably think, "Am I gonna get laid, or am I not gonna get laid?"

If you were a man of action you would not need to think like that

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Explanation: S&F!

Anything that makes it past the blood brain barrier is what goes through my head.

Personal Disclosure: Good to see you again my friend! Bumped for Justice!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I also feel like this whole process applies to naps too.

Sometimes on my lunch break I will lean back in my car chair and rest my eyes for about 15 minutes. Sometimes I'm not even sleeping, I'm just letting my mind get a bit of mental rest and let it do its sorting thing for a few minutes.

It's surprising how even that alone can help rejuvenate the mind.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
When i lay down to go to sleep i stare into the darkness and am surrounded by it. Nothing goes through my head, it is empty of thought.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I try not to think but that never happens.

lately I have been thinking of a dream I had a couple nights ago, I rarely dream but when I do dream its big.

a few nights ago it started with a knock at the door I open the door and something invisible but powerful is holding me by my shirt just above my stomach it feels like they are holding me by my ribcage actually.
I can feel my hands on this entities hands trying to pry them off but I get thrown back into my house then a series of scenes happen where I am fighting uber tough demons children and adult IDK if they are vampires but they were hard to kill. I woke up twice during this whole 3 part dream insanity I tell you I could go on and on there were many rooms to this dream....

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I meditate. I try my hand at lucid dreaming on nights when Im not completely wiped out. I ask my brain to tell me what I need to know for the next day. Sleep is something I look forward to every night as I am a very vivid dreamer.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Agreed, and on that note I am actually off to bed now.

Everyone have a good night!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join