It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Goes Through your Head Right Before Bed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a stream of consciousness

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This guy I'm agagga about, afar. But I can't go into detail here. Hint; Donna Summer's song, Love To Love You Baby. I wonder if His psychic radar picks up on that though. Oh goodness.. Err, badness.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TommyD

Usually the thoughts are about lost love, wasting my life, hoping to never wake up again, etc. It's almost like when I dream, I am alive. When I am awake, I am not. But I guess that's normal when you're not too happy about your life.
Also, I tend to speak while in bed. Yes, I am alone, but I always hope that someone is watching over me, so that I'm not alone..

You know, TommyD, I am glad you woke up this morning. If you hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to read your post and think about it and hope you have a good day today.

You say you have lost love, but it's not actually lost if you are feeling it. You still have that love, even though the object of the love is gone. You have Love in your heart. That is a good thing.

I don't want to come across as unfeeling, but I want to tell you that the only way you are going to be happy about your life is to do things that will get you to be happy about your life. In essence, change until you are happy. I only tell you this because I have been changing a great deal over the past couple of years, specifically because I would try to go to sleep at night and only be thinking bad things about myself. I couldn't take it anymore and realized that I needed to either die or live. I chose to live. So, I am living. It's not perfect, but I am making it into a happy life with what I've got. I hope you will get to be in a happy place in your life someday, too.

I speak aloud when I am feeling things that need to be said but there is nobody to talk to as well. I figure that maybe someone out there will hear them, even if it's just me. I guess speaking these truths makes them easier to handle. I always know when I'm speaking a lie, too, and then I realize it because I just said it, so then I can talk about why I said the lie without thinking.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone. Even if it's only over the internet, I have heard you.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The tossings and turnings of the insomniac.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Zen. When you sleep, sleep. For a man does not just sleep, but dreams innumerable dreams.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
For almost as long as I can remember it's been that I hope my wife will finally understand that there's no shame in taking medication and that she'll get better and be the woman she can be instead of the one she's become...

That's lead to a lot of "post apocalyptic" dreams where I find myself searching for her but never finding her... but what can you do... I always figure if I pray hard enough and focus on it maybe one day she'll wake up and decide she can't keep living the way she's been and seek help...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Good to see i'm not the only grown-up kid out there..

Great post, thanks for creating this thread, not something u talk about every day, but something i am very curios about nevertheless.

Guess i'm also off to fantasy land.. only there are times where i'm not stoned or to stoned to create a virtual world and i ponder on all the horrible choices i made, start to transpire two.. really hate that.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Mine usually is, What do I need to do to keep myself from getting bored. I've been feeling really bored lately, not sure why. Maybe its because I live in the boring country and just need a vacation. I'm planning some rock hounding trips this summer to help keep me occupied on my rock saw. Before I go to sleep I usually watch TV, or play video games till I fall asleep.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I try to blank my mind out by taking a ride through the universe I see when I close my eyes. Usually fall asleep before I get past the sun.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Sleep??? You guys are so lucky..... Most of the times I cannot afford to think of anything in the hour or 2 before I go off to bed, as then my brain gets too switched on, and I can't sleep at all. I must force myself into a meditative-like state of mind at least an hour before I go to bed (which is in any case like after 2 in the morning). If I don't do that, my brain just stays switched on, and the more I try to fall asleep, the more my brain gets awake.

Personally, I view sleeping the same as eating, a total waste of time.... Heck, I could do so much more if I didn't have to sleep or eat, lol ......

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
For the people that said they don't go to sleep right away, I am the same way. When I lay in bed at the end of the night, I think alot about this crazy world we live in. It at least takes me a good 30 minutes usually more to finally go off to dream time.

Sleep is a great thing. That is why I love the weekends. It puts my mind at ease knowing I will not be woken up by an alarm for those few days.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sadly the anxiety of all the crap I have to go through/get done the next morning at work.

Unless I passed out again from too much beer and renta movies. then nothing is going through my mind except mmmmmmmmmmmmm must sleep now.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
I feel like the moments right before you go to sleep are very important.

When I lay in bed and close my eyes for the night of sleep ahead, I feel a lot going on in my brain. It is almost like the log off process on the computer. All the data is being sorted and saved, before going into sleep mode.

For me, I can feel my mind going through a synopsis of my day, making notes of important events that occurred, and the craziest part is it is doing this almost automatically. I find the human mind to be incredible in this respect. It really is like a computer.

Just felt like sharing. Do you have any thoughts on this? What goes through your head right before bed?

I don't "go to sleep" so much as I "black out".

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I lay down and think about why in this wholly crazy world, filled with bloodshed, tears, sweat, sadness, remorse, happiness, and love that none of the cool stuff in anime ever happens. Then I get up and watch TV and eventually fall asleep, with hopelessness.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xvagrantx

This is me exactly. Unless I've been drinking or have been up for more than 24 hours, it takes me at least an hour for my brain to shut down. I try meditating but its really hard for me to concentrate on "nothing". Random thoughts/images just seem to pop into my head. It seems alcohol/being exhausted is my only off switch until I get better at clearing my mind. At least I'm not the only one

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
most of the times... well... prolly my pillow.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I usually like to remember how much I hate waking up early, and that makes the moment very enjoyable.

How the hell can kids wake up so excited?!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I pray for world peace.

For all victims of abuse to be spared further abuse.

For all people that are hungry, cold and homeless to find food, warmth, and a safe haven.

For those who depart that their souls find peace as well as our planet to heal from mankind's abuse.

For those that feel unloved to feel loved.

Then I ask for my husband to wake up and be with me another day and the safety of my family.

I pray for all of us, including you.

Sounds gushy, sugar, sweet but I am sincere.
edit on 31-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

I would've expected nothing less. You posts and perspectives are usually enlightening. I wish I could say I covered all my bases as well like that but most nights I say some kind of prayer. God walks with us every minute so sleep time is no more important that any other time of day to me.

My brain does the computer thing too recalling compressing planning analyzing rationalizing. Sometimes it keeps me up for hours sometimes I fall asleep quickly.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
"thank God another day checked off the 'to do' list.
And then I contemplate life, suffering, and the purpose of it all.
I ask questions ... get no answers ... huff ... and try to sleep.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join