It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blackangel13

BlackAngel,

Let me share my experience in heating. I mixed 3 Tablespoons of soy lecithin in 1 cup of distilled water until dissolved. I then tried heating the lecithin to 110 degrees and then added the 1/2 cup of Vitamin C mix of distilled water together with the lecithin mix and blended. I then put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes of an immediate cool down.

Then into the sonicator for 30 minutes.

The solution looked to be perfect. But after taking it for a few days I was not getting the energy boost from the original recipe. I think the heating and cooling was not helpful.

So I'm back to the original recipe and my energy is elevated again.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I'm trying again right now. Have 1 tablespoon vita c dissolving in 1/2 cup water (I can never get it all to disappear not sure if that matters) and I added 1 tablespoon of sunflower lecithin to 1 cup of water, blended it and letting it soak. This stuff is really thick and gooey so I'm guessing that is a factor here. I will let them both soak for about 30 minutes before combining and blending and then sonicating and see what happens this time. Taking pics during the process that I will post when I'm done.

ETA I just dumped the bad batch and all the settled stuff literally looked like the sunflower lecithin that just didn't dissolve, which is why I'm trying 1 tablespoon this time.
edit on 25-2-2013 by blackangel13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I had thought that the sunflower amount was the same as soy.... perhaps not.

Hopefully someone here on the thread can share the amount they use for the sunflower mix.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
OK so i made a new batch last night with the liquid sunflower lecithin, here were my steps.

1) put 1 cup water in my blender
2) added 1 tablespoon sunflower lecithin to that water (this stuff is thick, like molasses)
3) filled measuring cup with 1/2 cup water
4) added 1 tablespoon vita c to that
5) blended lecithin and mixed vita c (separately)
6) let soak for about 30 minutes
7) combined lecithin and vita c in blender and blended for a couple of minute
8) sonicated until foam/bubbles went away, took about 30 minutes

I also took pictures along the way, here they are.

This is from the first "bad" batch i made last night, this was after some more settling from the first picture i posted
bad batch

This next one is the sunflower lecithin in the water before blending
sunflower lecithin

This one is the lecithin after blending and soaking for 30 minutes
soaked lecithin

this is the dissolved vita c (apparently i never waited long enough before to let it fully dissolve)
vita c

and here it is sonicating
vibrating party

finished product right after sonicating
all done

and finally how this batch looked this morning
chilled

so as you can see there is still some separation in this batch but not near as much as the first one. i'm guessing that this is just the way the sunflower lecithin will be since its in a liquid form.

As of this posting its been a little over an hour since taking some from this batch and so far no negative side affects. I stirred it up with a spoon and then took 3 spoon fulls.

Also i would say so far the taste is "better" then the soy stuff. Its still nasty but i only get a sour taste when taking it instead of the gross soy taste along with the sour taste like before. I'm thinking this stuff will mix with OJ or something similar to mask the taste much better than the soy did.

So if anyone has any experience with the liquid sunflower lecithin let me know if it matches mine posted here please!

and finally a question, if i add baking soda to neutralize the sour taste a little bit will that affect the lipo vita c in anyway?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I ordered the stuff and just made my first batch, it pretty good timing because i am ill at the moment so i think i will take quite a lot of it today.

I was reading up on the half life of vit c and it can range anywhere from 12 hours 30 minutes, interesting!

I will report back in a few days to see if i am any better!!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

That batch looks much better.

I don't know if this helps, but when I let the lecithin "soak", I do it in the refrigerator so when I start the sonicating process it is nice and cold.

I found once before that it was getting too warm in the sonicator and was causing some separation issues.

Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

i have always used 3 tbls of liquid sunflower lecithin, to 1 Tbls of of Vit C powder, and never ever have any separation.. Also personally I use 2 cups distilled water total.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

does your liquid sunflower lecithin look like molasses like mine does in the pics? and if so what do you do to prevent the separation that i was seeing?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have had the most profound experience that is difficult to express. As many of you know my mother fell last week and broke her neck and has a spinal injury.

A series of syncroncity as led to some amazing things in the last 4 days.

One that put the doctor that treated Christopher Reeve right in my lap.

Based on all the research I've done on Liposomal Vitamin C, I found many connections that showed there "could be" spinal injury healing ablities with this amazing vitamin.

So in anticipation of a possible meeting with the doctor I spent the weekend preparing a "Medical Hyposthesis" paper to present to him to see if it would get any attention.

I emailed it to him and got an immediate reply! He said he read my very excellently put together paper and said that it makes sense and that he is excited to do research and study. He has facilities and staff prepared to do laboratory study on vitamin c administration to nerve cells to attempt to stimulate and regenerate growth and strongly believes we may be onto something.

So I met with him today!

He also tried a shot of my Liposomal Vitamin C!

After about 15 minutes he said he could feel it, he felt energized and he said at the same time he had a calming peaceful feeling come over him. He said that this may aslo be an excellent therapy for people with anxiety issues.

He met with my mother, was hopeful that she will make an excellent recovery.

He is very excited about my research!

My heart is pounding with excitement.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

YEs, heat is bad for AA as mentioned above. I do a 15 minute run in my UC, transfer to cup, put in fridge to cool back down, allow UC cleaner to also cool down (takes about 25-45 minutes) then put the cooled down mix back in for another 15 minute run.

Can you just put the whole cleaner holding the mixture into the fridge for the cool down break?

Also what is the max time the mixture will keep in the fridge?

Lastly I remember reading to store it in a glass jar but I'm wondering if a stainless steel vacuum bottle would also be ok? Thanks and sorry for so many questions.

@Julie: Just read about your Mom's fall, i'm really sorry. All the best to her and thanks for everything you've done for this awesome thread

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Oh, Julie. What wonderful news, on so many levels. Do you feel that you are coming into the reason you were put on this Earth...at this time. I certainly do. How exciting for you to be the person you are now.

Bright Blessings, Julie...and Prayers for rapid recovery for your Mother.

Des

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Des! I'm on such an emotional "high" right now, I can't think straight

It will take a day or two to come down...

I'm still stunned how this all played out so far.

Let's cross our fingers that something comes from this. Could you imagine? Finally something that can help with spinal injuries? Too amazing to even wrap my head around.

But then comes the years of medical studies, the fight with USDA and the FDA.... that's the hard part.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackangel13
reply to post by dominicus

does your liquid sunflower lecithin look like molasses like mine does in the pics? and if so what do you do to prevent the separation that i was seeing?

yes, my liquid sunflower looks like molasses every time and i've tried 3 different brands. Same look each time.

I actually heat up the 1.5 cup distilled water to pre-boil temps. Once it starts to get those boiling bubbles (the begining stages), I turn off the water, pour straight into a mixer with the lecithin, and mix it for a good 10 minutes. Then i refrigerate the mixture overnight.

Next day, I mix the lecithing/water mix again in a mixer for 5 mins, add the .5 Vit C water, mic for another 5 mins, then straight into sonicator. The Sonicator heats up pretty good at around the 15 min mark, so at 15 mins, I stop, empty the mix into a pyrex measuring cup, refrigerate to cool it back down, and 30-40 mins later, do the other 15 mins in sonicator.

Works every time

He met with my mother, was hopeful that she will make an excellent recovery. He is very excited about my research! My heart is pounding with excitement.

Julie, Awesome news. It's like an roller coaster drama in your life that we are all privy to right now, with celebrity doctors included, research, drama, and the doc tried the Lipo C himself and felt great!!!! Awesome stuff. I'll bet your mother fully recovers!!!!! Keep up the updates. Sending my prayers as well

reply to post by RydeTL

Can you just put the whole cleaner holding the mixture into the fridge for the cool down break?

I actually tried that, and the sonicator broke. When I opened it up, there was a ton of condensation all over the circuitry due to the cold temps and heat from the wires. It shorted out and cost me another sonicator.

Also what is the max time the mixture will keep in the fridge?

I use one of those wine cork air remover vacuum thingies (since I just happened to have one around), which with about 30-50 pumps, pulls all the air out of the bottle. The Lipo C keeps for 2-3 weeks, sometime longer. Also I keep the mix in a dark used and cleaned Gin bottle.

Lastly I remember reading to store it in a glass jar but I'm wondering if a stainless steel vacuum bottle would also be ok? Thanks and sorry for so many questions.

Not sure about Stainless and if there would be any reactions to it w/ Lipo C. Glass is fine. Use an old wine or gin bottle.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Great news Julie, praying for your family well being with the doctors willingness to move forward and make history with you and your efforts towards getting the world to believe in the power of VitC!

sirric

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hi,
I dont want to put a dampener on this but im pretty sure its the placebo effect,
been taking this for a month now and had no negative effects but no positive effects either,
ive made it to perfection following all the instructions
I thought it was a low dosage but im now taking 3 tablespoons 3 times a day, no energy boost nothing! the only difference is that I now quite like the taste and find it refreshing but thats about it,
Im not being a troll or anything but genuinely havent got anything from this except im £50 lighter, I am gutted actually as I really wanted this to have an effect.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeDee
Hi,
I dont want to put a dampener on this but im pretty sure its the placebo effect,
been taking this for a month now and had no negative effects but no positive effects either,
I thought it was a low dosage but im now taking 3 tablespoons 3 times a day, no energy boost nothing! the only difference is that I now quite like the taste and find it refreshing but thats about it,
Im not being a troll or anything but genuinely havent got anything from this except im £50 lighter, I am gutted actually as I really wanted this to have an effect.

What was your health prior to taking this?

Those with perfect health, and youth will see no effects from this. Those with health issues, tiredness, and older in age see immediate benefits

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
To be honest my health was ok before i started taking this but got tired easily, have slight skin issues which i was hoping this would clear up, as i dont often eat fruit etc, diets not the best, but unfortunately no joy.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

To be honest my health was ok before i started taking this but got tired easily, have slight skin issues which i was hoping this would clear up, as i dont often eat fruit etc, diets not the best, but unfortunately no joy.

I would increase your dosage before you give up

Try 2 oz shots (4 tablespoons) 3 times a day. Or even 3 oz shots 3 times a day.

Are you using a measuring spoon or a serving spoon?

Is your vitamin c fresh? Kept in a cool dark place?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Hi,

i've had the same thoughts a few times. Neither me nor the rest of my family i've got taking it have had any amazing energy boosts. We are all taking about 3 tablespoons (kitchen not measuring) in the morning and thats all for the day. I have noticed that if i miss taking it i do feel more run down and am dragging @ss in the morning where if i do take it i feel more "normal".

all of my family could be considered in good, normal, health so that might be part of it. I'm still taking it though because i believe it is helping to keep me healthy and helping my immune system. For example, both my brother and i have had a point where we were waking up in the morning with sore/dry/scratchy throats but it never amounted to anything more. I had about 4-5 days of waking up like that but kept taking the vita c and it never developed into anything more.

so it definitely is a YMMV kind of a thing but no matter what affects you notice it is helping behind the scenes keeping you healthy

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You are so right! A very important point.

I mainly started to take it in hopes that it would keep me from getting bronchitis/pneumonia which I get every year.

So far so good

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join