It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compiled List of People-Eating-People Events

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
I posted this in another thread but i put it here as well... Cannibalism is not confirmed in any of the cases but almost all other symptoms are there.
There are suspicions that its caused by a bite from some kind of fly
Link

Science Baffling Illness Strikes Africa, Turns Children Into Mindless "Zombies"

The effort to restrain the children is not unwarranted. In one of the most bizarre symptoms of this tragic illness, children with the disease are reportedly setting fire to buildings in their communities. Coupled with the aimless wandering this disease provokes in victims, this is a deadly combination. More than 200 people have been killed in fires believed to be set by the zombified children.

edit on 2-6-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

Wonder if is this: Chagas Disease, Tropical Insect-Borne Illness, May Be 'New HIV/AIDS Of The Americas' ???

Ah, the African variant of the disease is called: Human African trypanosomiasis (sleeping sickness)

Another form of trypanosomiasis occurs mainly in 21 Latin American countries. It is known as American trypanosomiasis or Chagas disease. The causal organism is a different species from those causing the African form of the disease.

edit on 2-6-2012 by ragiusnotiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Also this came to mind when I was in another thread.. Forbes: Putin to make Zombie Gun: Are We Ready for the Russian Zombie Gun?

Perhaps a US attempt to mimic, or outdo?

Such weapons may be able to short-circuit the executive function capacity of the brain. At that point, a fellow human being would then become putty, or possibly revert to a primal state. Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

Russian Scientists Working on ‘Zombie Gun’

I remember someone pointing out in the 'Naked Man Eating Victim's Face Shot And Killed By Miami Police: Report' that Eugene's actions seemed "primal".

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragiusnotiel

Originally posted by Juggernog
I posted this in another thread but i put it here as well... Cannibalism is not confirmed in any of the cases but almost all other symptoms are there.
There are suspicions that its caused by a bite from some kind of fly
Link

Science Baffling Illness Strikes Africa, Turns Children Into Mindless "Zombies"

The effort to restrain the children is not unwarranted. In one of the most bizarre symptoms of this tragic illness, children with the disease are reportedly setting fire to buildings in their communities. Coupled with the aimless wandering this disease provokes in victims, this is a deadly combination. More than 200 people have been killed in fires believed to be set by the zombified children.

edit on 2-6-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

Wonder if is this: Chagas Disease, Tropical Insect-Borne Illness, May Be 'New HIV/AIDS Of The Americas' ???

Ah, the African variant of the disease is called: Human African trypanosomiasis (sleeping sickness)

Another form of trypanosomiasis occurs mainly in 21 Latin American countries. It is known as American trypanosomiasis or Chagas disease. The causal organism is a different species from those causing the African form of the disease.

I think we may have something here guys
and me no likey

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Chagas disease causes brain swelling:
American Trypanosomiasis or Chagas Disease

Brain swelling causes:

Behavior changes including irritability Source

Emotional effects of brain injury may include anxiety (ang-ZY-e-tee), depression or mood swings, denial of having any problems, impulsive behavior, agitation (a-je-TAY-shun), and changes in personality. Source

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I just saw a video on CNN with Erin Burnett or w/e her name is and that this was not the first case of something like this happening recently. Again not the only guy eating people and displaying "super-human" strength. Crazy to actually see some kind of confirmation of this through the MSM.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragiusnotiel
Also this came to mind when I was in another thread.. Forbes: Putin to make Zombie Gun: Are We Ready for the Russian Zombie Gun?

Perhaps a US attempt to mimic, or outdo?

Such weapons may be able to short-circuit the executive function capacity of the brain. At that point, a fellow human being would then become putty, or possibly revert to a primal state. Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

Russian Scientists Working on ‘Zombie Gun’

I remember someone pointing out in the 'Naked Man Eating Victim's Face Shot And Killed By Miami Police: Report' that Eugene's actions seemed "primal".

Finalized 'zombie-gun' / government designed angle

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

Says its linked to that African nodding sleeping sickness of the zombie children.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by infiniteobserver

I saw that on CNN and i was surprised on them saying zombie apocalypse and the superhuman strength they all posess. Made it a bit scary to see it on MSM

Some can't be taken down by tasers. It has no effect on them. They just carry on attacking. Miami guy had to be shot 6 times before he stopped

That Florida cop is always on there saying they had a couple of other cases like this, where are those news articles?
edit on 2-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
What about the possiblity of the government causing these problems. To possibly induce mass hysteria. If you look at it these cases have spread pretty fast through the media and are causing some people to become pretty paranoid. There is always that possiblity. Because once get you enough people paranoid and scared they start to lose there senses and start doing stupid things that they wouldn't normaly do like riot break into grocery stores and things of that nature. I kind of propose the government manufactured a disease of some sort in one of their labs and let it lose on random people to instil fear into the people so they will give up freedoms for more security. Cause in the past couple months if you haven't notice the occupy movement and other movements in other parts of the world have slowly started picking up their feet to show there distress with the government. So what other way to qwell the people from uprising? To instill fear so the people hand over the control to the government more willingly. Maybe the govenrment have a hand in this or maybe not. It's just the suggestion.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by infiniteobserver
I just saw a video on CNN with Erin Burnett or w/e her name is and that this was not the first case of something like this happening recently. Again not the only guy eating people and displaying "super-human" strength. Crazy to actually see some kind of confirmation of this through the MSM.

To me it sounds like sign of drug use like meth or PCP, both inhibit pain. I've heard stories from Marines who have came in contact with fighters in Iraq who take obscene amounts of bullets to stop because they are on these drugs. Same with some instances of LEOs trying to take down high criminals and their tasers do nothing and it takes five or more large officers to take the guy down. I've heard the term "super-strength" in many arrests or shootings involving the suspect being on one of those two drugs.

I don't know if it's been said the people eating suspects were on anything, but when I first heard the story of the face eater I immediately thought of meth use. These people stay up for days upon days and see/hear the craziest of things, add not feeling pain to that and you have the possibility to some terrible outcomes.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

The warning informed the public that as of that date, at least 156 “bath salt”-related calls had occurred in 2010—85 from Louisiana alone. Effects reported to the centers included increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, agitation, hallucinations, extreme paranoia, and delusions; no deaths were reported. The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals also issued a warning regarding synthetic cathinones (bath salts), mentioning several symptoms experienced by hospitalized patients in addition to those mentioned above, including chest pain, headache, and suicidal thoughts. From January 1 through May 12, 2011, the AAPCC received 2,237 “bath salt”-related calls from poison control centers in 47 states and the District of Columbia—a significant increase from the 302 calls recorded for all of 2010.

US Drug Intelligence Center DOJ Bath Salts Report

Psilocybin: The active compounds in psilocybin-containing “magic” mushrooms have '___'-like properties and produce alterations of autonomic function, motor reflexes, behavior, and perception.3 The psychological consequences of psilocybin use include hallucinations, an altered perception of time, and an inability to discern fantasy from reality. Panic reactions and psychosis also may occur, particularly if a user ingests a large dose. Long-term effects such as flashbacks, risk of psychiatric illness, impaired memory, and tolerance have been described in case reports.

PCP: The use of PCP as an approved anesthetic in humans was discontinued in 1965 because patients often became agitated, delusional, and irrational while recovering from its anesthetic effects. PCP is a “dissociative drug,” meaning that it distorts perceptions of sight and sound and produces feelings of detachment (dissociation) from the environment and self. First introduced as a street drug in the 1960s, PCP quickly gained a reputation as a drug that could cause bad reactions and was not worth the risk. However, some abusers continue to use PCP due to the feelings of strength, power, and invulnerability as well as a numbing effect on the mind that PCP can induce. Among the adverse psychological effects reported are— Symptoms that mimic schizophrenia, such as delusions, hallucinations, paranoia, disordered thinking, and a sensation of distance from one’s environment. Mood disturbances: Approximately 50 percent of individuals brought to emergency rooms because of PCP-induced problems—related to use within the past 48 hours—report significant elevations in anxiety symptoms.4 People who have abused PCP for long periods of time have reported memory loss, difficulties with speech and thinking, depression, and weight loss. These symptoms can persist up to one year after stopping PCP abuse. Addiction: PCP is addictive—its repeated abuse can lead to craving and compulsive PCP-seeking behavior, despite severe adverse consequences.

Only two that fit
DrugFacts: Hallucinogens - '___', Peyote, Psilocybin, and PCP

Well know PCP case where rapper Big Lurch ate someone

This is all I putting into the drug theory because while I think it may explain one case-
I personally DO NOT believe it explains all the other ones.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It's really nothing new or exciting...just now we're so intrigued by the Miami case, we're opening our eyes, Googling, and finding out there are numerous other cases where individuals chow down on others.

I think the most notorious cannibal has to be Armin Meiwes.

Armin Meiwes Wiki

Meh, this whole Miami thing... This will all blow over in about 2 weeks when we're fascinated by another unique situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Here's an article about an interview with the Geman Cannibal. Gives an interesting perspective on what encouraged his desires to eat someone. Geman Cannibal

I also remember being taught as a kid that eating pork was similar to being a cannibal because pork is the closest to human meat. And that eating pork will cause similar diseases of the brain that cannibalism causes.

Looks like the poster above beat me to it
edit on 2-6-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I agree that this is nothing new but what strikes me as odd is the number of these cannibalistic events that are happening in the span of a few weeks. I'm sure we have all heard of cannibalism in the past but most of those events didn't happen out in public in broad daylight.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Three cannibals executed for 'selling or eating' human flesh in North Korea May 20 2012

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I had a theory, ok so we have all heard the press say some cases were caused by "bath salts" which if you don't know is a designer drug. Also there is "spice" or "k2". So where do those come from? China! Ok, so these chemicals are manufactured in china and shipped to the us and many other countries around the world. Now my thinking is that it would be incredibly easy for any enemy of the US or UK or anywhere to mix in there own set of chemicals to the designer drugs leaving china. These drugs are not monitored and no one knows exactly what is in them. So to add to my theory I was on another thread yesterday where a man was evacuated from his terminal in anchorage Alaska. He said that there was an air china plane on the Tarmac surrounded by official and unofficial vehicles. He then said that thy were told to go back inside and he got on his plane and left the state. I called the manager of the anchorage airport yesterday to confirm that they had an evacuation. I told the airport manager that i was checking up on my employees story as to why he was late. She told me to wait while she checked her daily
Report. The odd thing there to me is that she is the manager of that whole airport and why would she need to take time to "check" if her airport was evacuated that same morning. Well back to the plane. It was an air china plane however i am not certain if it was an incoming flight or returning to china. Either way it got my mind going that perhaps this "bath salts" idea is not completely untrue. What better way to chemicals attack the world? There would be very little traces to follow as we wouldn't know what batch has the "zombie" drug in it. And even if we found one batch we would never know how many others are already in circulation. Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by liquiddrewl

Thanks this is from 1999-2011, they were (I assume) in jail before they were executed on the 20th- but I will keep it in case I decide to widen the time frame

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
bath salts

2nd

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatreallyhappened

It's a plausible idea just like all the angles we've covered already (rabies, hallucinogens, Chagas disease, Russian zombie gun)

Do you have an article for this event? I'll look into it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I checked the news yesterday and nothing showed, that's why I had to call the airport manager. But I'll look again today.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join