It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Humanoid Statue on Mars a Mermaid?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well, to be fair, that post was by someone if I remember right, who posted pictures of rocks, and circled nearly EVERYTHING in the picture. Every picture of rocks was actually faces, and statues and tools and who knows what else. Could have my posters mixed up, but don't think so.

Apparently rocks are not allowed to form shapes we are familiar with. I didn't realize that was a natural law.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You know it could be a small little carved statue. The reason I will give is not probable but is possible never the less. If there was a little rock carving sitting somewhere on top of a volcano and the volcano blew, it might be able to jettison a little object like that through earths atmosphere and sent it to mars. Like I say, it is not probable but it sounds more probable than a martian carving it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Chroast
reply to post by Human_Alien

The statue is The Little Mermaid located on Langelinie (stretch of old harbour) in the Harbour of Copenhagen, Denmark .It's a tribute to the danish author H. C. Andersen
edit on 31-5-2012 by Chroast because: words

Ah. Thank you.

But seeing there can't be any statue because mermaids really 'don't exist' (according to some posts) then that statue is not really there!

What, are you suggesting there are half woman/half fish underwater creatures that save sailors that fall off their boats and star in love films?

Or are you just not ruling it out?
edit on 6/1/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

That's no mermaid, it's a Tusken Raider, probably got left behind by his Bantha

Also Pokemon are real and are on Mars,

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
All of a sudden scraping the barrel is the in thing on ATS. Someone must be really bored or posting any old drivel looking for S&F's.

Worst thread in a long time.
edit on 1/6/12 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It means you believe too much, not 'not open-minded'

This has been proven many times that is just a rock and like many other structures (aka natural formations used in science in the word 'structures'). I'm saying the resemblance with that Big Foot picture is so big I am not sure was this NASA picture at all? And if it is, I think this is where the Big Foot picture came from as it looks like in the same pose, only I dont know which picture came first.

Just like the Moon - optical illusion, a crater lit by the sun may look to you like a pillar or a rocky spire while it is a crater under an angle. However, this would go for the other thread where they started seeing castles on Mars

edit on 1-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

A very tiny race of martians exist because they built a tiny statue.

One must assume the initial point, in this instance that the object in question is a tiny statue. Once you assume it is a statue, then you assume that it was made by martians.. using your statue as evidence.

Ahhh....logic. I remember something of that concept. Lets apply it here.

ZetaRidiculian (from the planet Zeta-Ridiculous) states tiny martians built a tiny statue on mars.

In order to apply your theorem to my statement one must assume that statement was not absolute comedic genius. But lets assume that it was not at all funny and that you completely missed the point therefore making the point that i had intended in the first place. Now we are in some kind of logic loop if you knew that i was kidding in the first place.

it wasn't that funny huh?

This isn't good logic, people.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
OP
Please!!! stop making this subject a laughing joke.
It is a rock! It has been proven to be a rock!

And before you call me a horrible debunker, i actually
believe that some ufos are complete unknowns, and
need serious scientific investigation.

Im just sick of all these people who look at anything and
claim it to be this and that, when evidence says otherwise.

The sad thing is, you sill never admit this is a rock, just like some
debunkers wull never admit they are wrong. both think they are
so different, but they are exactly the same.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Well, to be fair, that post was by someone if I remember right, who posted pictures of rocks, and circled nearly EVERYTHING in the picture. Every picture of rocks was actually faces, and statues and tools and who knows what else. Could have my posters mixed up, but don't think so.

Apparently rocks are not allowed to form shapes we are familiar with. I didn't realize that was a natural law.

Nope. Wasn't me but I do have a print of one of those circle pictures of the Very Large Tiny Martian Face Huts.
However, to be fair, I did suggest that conquering these folks should be quite easy.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

If its a rock,shouldnt there be other similar colored rocks nearby? which there isnt and to me it looks like a humanoid that was burnt or frozen into its death position and i wonder what size it is?

edit on 1-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

From my post near the top of page 2

The “Bigfoot on Mars” rock is actually just a few inches high and a few yards from the camera.

UniverseToday

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It certainly is NOT a rock. Anyone who knows the human form knows that. And rocks don't look like that. I don't even know if its a statue or a petrified person, ie rushing to save a child, or a real living person trying to get the child out of the way, so no one sees him.

Your CERTAIN it's not a rock?.....how's that?....how are you CERTAIN?

Because "rocks don't look like that"?.....what do rocks look like then?

You are so naive it is untrue!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

If its a rock,shouldnt there be other similar colored rocks nearby? which there isnt

Of course there are other rocks of a similar colour nearby.....complete with shadows.

What picture are you looking at?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

If there's a mysterious reverence for mermaids here on Earth (despite us understanding WHY).......why couldn't the same hold true on another planet?

I am shocked by the responses so far.
Really I am.

There is no mysterious reverence for mermaids here on Earth, they are fictional characters. Mermaids are not real. That is equivelant to saying there is a mysterious reverence to Robocop here on Earth.

What about Dragons? Do you have an open mind to believe Dragons are/were real?

Honestly the stupidity of this whole thread just literally made my head blow up. Thank you Human_Alien I think you might have finally accomplished what you set out to do. Now going to hospital to put my head back together, I don't know why I do this to myself, I know what to expect from this person why do I bother?
edit on 6/1/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

A joke isn't funny if you have to explain it...

... is a general rule of thumb. However, on ATS, one can never be too certain as to which are people that are merely off their rockers, and which are attempting humor or some kind of metaphor. I am going to keep my eye on your posts in the future, because if you are spiking these threads with humor, they might just be the only thing worth reading in some of these them.

I stand by my assessment of your post, however. Even inadvertently, you helped illustrate a crucial element of faulty logic, and for that I thank you.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Nope. Wasn't me but I do have a print of one of those circle pictures of the Very Large Tiny Martian Face Huts.
However, to be fair, I did suggest that conquering these folks should be quite easy.

Apologies then - there was a poster than quite literally circled ALL rocks on any picture. 9/10ths of every Mars picture was covered in circles. The things he was circling was many "faces," also roads, tools, cars, pasta.. who knows what all else. It was a laughable joke. Moreso because he was serious.

What I find funny is that how apparently to some people, it's impossible for rocks to resemble anything but shapeless masses. If someone thinks they see a statue, they can't even admit it might POSSIBLY be a rock with an interesting shape. Nope.. it's clearly proof of aliens. And they talk about others having closed minds.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Originally posted by arianna
I'm sorry but I will not reply to naysayers who come to this thread and do not contribute anything positive. The amount of research I have conducted of into features and anomalies on the Moon and Mars is huge and has devoured many hours. If anyone has doubts about what is being posted here I suggest they conduct their own research to verify what is being presented.

There is no geological formations in the last image, but a huge tiny-sized city that spreads all over the slab of rock. In this image I have placed an ellipse around some of the objects and it is plain to see that some of the highlighted objects are definitely not any form geology.

Direct view. i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It is definitely something. Either it's a statue, or it's a life form that was watching the rover from a distance and when the rover got too close, the lifeform made it's way to the edge of the rock and is going over to escape. Imagine someone in the 1200's coming up on a Rover and the Rover start coming towards them, it would be terror. There has to be more photos of this area and the person who took the photos needs to be questioned about it. Anyone know who operates this particular Rover?

If I were controlling a Rover and came up on something like this, I would zoom in on it, get different angle photos for investigation. I know they have more photos of this. Where are they? Rhetorical. I know where they are.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Yeah its definitely something, because it can't be nothing. Odds are against a statue or person though.

You must have missed the part where it was explained to be about 2.5 inches tall though. Now knowing that do you alter your theory about the size of your statue/impossibly small person or come to the realization it is a rock? Thats the interesting part.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

If there's a mysterious reverence for mermaids here on Earth (despite us understanding WHY).......why couldn't the same hold true on another planet?

I am shocked by the responses so far.
Really I am.

There is no mysterious reverence for mermaids here on Earth, they are fictional characters. Mermaids are not real.

Not Real?...

Modern Day Sightings Of Merbeings > www.cryptomundo.com...

Aquatic Humanoids Progeny Of The Black Lagoon Or Alternate Evolution? > mysteriousuniverse.org...

Multiple eyewitnesses,on numerous occasions,saw mermaids swimming in the ocean,just off the coast of israel in 2009 > www.realfairies.net...

Israeli Officials Offer $1 Million Prize For A Photograph Of A Mermaid Allegedly Spotted Off The Coast
www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 3-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join