It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Humanoid Statue on Mars a Mermaid?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Whenever I see that picture of the mars thing I always think of seeing a documentary of discovering that place where all the people had been forever casted and frozen in time in the ash from the volcano erupting

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

You do realize the Mermaid show on Animal Planet was not real, right? It is a mockumentary.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The “Bigfoot on Mars” rock is actually just a few inches high and a few yards from the camera.

UniverseToday

Perhaps NASA has been shipping figurines. Is there a Bigfoot by Hummel?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The OP layers supposition. Firstly, there is -zero- evidence in favor of and much more empirical data against the idea that this is a statue in the first place.

If this isn't a statue, the idea that it might be a mermaid statue falls apart.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yes, it's 4.0m (4.37 yards) away from the camera (+/-3cm) and have a maximum extent (from the top left of the "head" to the bottom right of the "foot") of approximately 5.7cm (2.24 inches), with a pixel size of 0.001116 and a pixels measurements of 347 in the left frame, 215 in the right frame.

Everyone can check it using a stereoscopic pair of the image of interest that can be found here and here:

....and do the maths with AlgorimancerPG Photogrammetry and RangeFinder Application

edit on 31-5-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It really is a rock, sorry.

Also, there was a picture of a rock that looked strikingly like a wrench or tool of some sort. Working for an environmental firm with many geologists with a lot of experience, for fun, I showed a rather knowledgeable one some cropped pictures of this particular one, a spiral one, the tool one, and a couple of others. The "tool" one I found most interesting. Anyway, not telling him these were on Mars (perhaps he knew anyway), I asked what he thought they were. He said unequivocally that these were all rock formations. I asked if he saw similar in his work - he said yes, all the time. It's not at all uncommon to see some very interestingly shaped rocks even here on Earth.

So.. yes.. rock.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I am shocked by the responses so far.
Really I am.

Why
You seriously did not expect those responses? I doubt your shocked. You must be bored today?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by schuyler
What you are lacking here is scale. This rock is very small and the whole issue has been addressed. This is the same rock Basiago claims is a Sasquatch on Mars. Here's the whole story.

"The whole issue has been addressed" ????
Really? Didn't realize the gavel came down on this!

You're showing me a link to one man's opinion.

I have my own thank you, so this 'issue' continues.
(what rock do some of you reside under?)

Sorry, guy, but this is over. Sorry you weren't there. Don't waste your time, Just for your amusement, here's a picture of Basiago when traveled back in time to hear Lincoln give the Gettysburg address in 1863. He's the young boy in the foreground of the bottom picture. Not only does he find Sasquatchs on Mars, he can time travel, too!!

edit on 5/31/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It looks like a woman wearing a green dress, you can see the distint line on the arm where the sleeve ends, so I would not call this a mermaid, but a humanoid, female. And she doesnt need a space suit either in that atmosphere.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Also, there was a picture of a rock that looked strikingly like a wrench or tool of some sort. Working for an environmental firm with many geologists with a lot of experience, for fun, I showed a rather knowledgeable one some cropped pictures of this particular one, a spiral one, the tool one, and a couple of others. The "tool" one I found most interesting. Anyway, not telling him these were on Mars (perhaps he knew anyway), I asked what he thought they were. He said unequivocally that these were all rock formations. I asked if he saw similar in his work - he said yes, all the time. It's not at all uncommon to see some very interestingly shaped rocks even here on Earth.

So.. yes.. rock.

It certainly is NOT a rock. Anyone who knows the human form knows that. And rocks don't look like that. I don't even know if its a statue or a petrified person, ie rushing to save a child, or a real living person trying to get the child out of the way, so no one sees him.

That is basically my take on it.

And no, the eyes can tell, its not a rock, so perhaps dropping anything lame like that suggestion is a good start.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by fleabit

So.. yes.. rock.

It certainly is NOT a rock. Anyone who knows the human form knows that. And rocks don't look like that. I don't even know if its a statue or a petrified person, ie rushing to save a child, or a real living person trying to get the child out of the way, so no one sees him.

And no, the eyes can tell, its not a rock, so perhaps dropping anything lame like that suggestion is a good start.

But it IS a rock. Unless your lady is barely over 2 inches tall. (talk about your "little green men,,.....er....women" from Mars).

You can believe it's whatever you want to believe. But that doesn't change the fact that it IS a rock.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

This is by no means a reflection on your many other interesting threads,....But that being said....this is a rock

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LemaEcho
Just givin the fact that it could be a STATUE ON MARS of all places lends credence to any kind of speculation on what it could be a statue of. It looks to be more masculine like statues of Poseidon or Zeus, or it could just be Pareidolia. I will say that take away the sand and add water next to it , it would look like some of the statues that would have been around in the Sumerian or Greek cultures near their ports or coastal towns. Someone gets a star for effort!

I thought Greek too when looking at it, if it's a statue at all. No I don't believe it is, just saying seeing as someone else mentioned Greek figures before I clicked back out of here.

For all those saying it's a rock : what do they make statues out of? Sorry, had to. *tumbleweeds rolling by....time to leave.*
edit on 31-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
There is an awfully strange rock in front of the statue. It almost looks like it has a flap bent around a hole. Like a flower peddle or a melted sheet of metal. Oh yeah, it sorta looks like a statue, sorry for going off topic.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

No, the eyes are quite easily fooled actually.

That rock is quite close to the rover - and only a few inches tall. You do know that, right? It's also a uniform color. Rock colored in fact. There is nothing else there. Just some random 2" woman raising her arm huh?

Just google human shaped rocks - there are quite a few out there.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Why would size matter? It could have been built by very tiny Martians. Mars is a virtual junkyard of skulls, bones, tools, megalithic structures, carvings, transportation tubes and roads. I even found what looked like a 67 mustang. So finding a tiny statue is just evidence that a very large race of tiny Martians exist.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Methinks the Martian mermaid is a little tipsy.

Perhaps NASA had landed, planted a flag and handed out some glass beads and cheap whiskey.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
it's a rock..........

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
it's a rock..........

I vote it's Sponge Bob Square pants. So yes, Atlantis is indeed involved.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
Why would size matter? It could have been built by very tiny Martians. Mars is a virtual junkyard of skulls, bones, tools, megalithic structures, carvings, transportation tubes and roads. I even found what looked like a 67 mustang. So finding a tiny statue is just evidence that a very large race of tiny Martians exist.

Here is a prime example if the logical fallacy known as "Begging the Question".

Begging the question (Latin petitio principii, "assuming the initial point") is a type of logical fallacy in which a proposition is made that uses its own premise as proof of the proposition. In other words, it is a statement that refers to its own assertion to prove the assertion. Such arguments are essentially of the form "a is true because a is true" though rarely is such an argument stated as such. Often the premise 'a' is only one of many premises that go into proving that 'a' is true as a conclusion.

A very tiny race of martians exist because they built a tiny statue.

One must assume the initial point, in this instance that the object in question is a tiny statue. Once you assume it is a statue, then you assume that it was made by martians.. using your statue as evidence.

This isn't good logic, people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join