It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Humanoid Statue on Mars a Mermaid?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Originally posted by Human_Alien
If there's a mysterious reverence for mermaids here on Earth (despite us understanding WHY).......why couldn't the same hold true on another planet?

I am shocked by the responses so far.
Really I am.

There is no mysterious reverence for mermaids here on Earth, they are fictional characters. Mermaids are not real.

Not Real?...

Modern Day Sightings Of Merbeings > www.cryptomundo.com...

Aquatic Humanoids Progeny Of The Black Lagoon Or Alternate Evolution? > mysteriousuniverse.org...

Multiple eyewitnesses,on numerous occasions,saw mermaids swimming in the ocean,just off the coast of israel in 2009 > www.realfairies.net...

Israeli Officials Offer $1 Million Prize For A Photograph Of A Mermaid Allegedly Spotted Off The Coast
www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 3-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

So you believe in mermaids? I don't care about any stories or rewards or posts, I want to know if YOU believe in mermaids?

Offering a rewards for a captured mermaids is neither proof that they exist, nor proof of some kind of magical reverence.

Just say it out loud please so everyone can understand what we are dealing with here please.

**edit** While we are at it, care to discuss the so called "mermaid" or "statue" being only a couple inches tall? Seems everyone shut up since that was pointed out.

Idiots.
edit on 6/3/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think it is funny. On the same forum you have threads calling for serious scientific inquiry into this subject then you have threads like this (and the majority of others) that pretty much make a mockery of the subject through outright ignorance.

I don't get this place.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yes! Amazing discovery OP!

You've proven both mermaids exist and that they were captured by aliens and taken to Mars to be worshipped as scaly sex goddesses, obviously because of certain "skills" only females with fish tails would be forced to master.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

So even though i wasnt there,i should just automatically ignore and deny the numerous first hand accounts of sightings and encounters with mermaids and other strange humanoids seen within ponds, lakes, rivers and oceans all over the world that i linked to above?...I dont think so...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

edit on 3-6-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

So even though i wasnt there,i should just automatically ignore and deny the numerous first hand accounts of sightings and encounters with mermaids and other strange humanoids seen within ponds, lakes, rivers and oceans all over the world that i linked to above?...I dont think so...

If I told you I had a dinosaur in my backyard, would you tend to believe me since you haven't seen my back yard to confirm there is no dinosaur there?

Honestly this is blowing my mind, I had no idea there were people that actually believed in mermaids. Apart from children that is. Jesus why am I even discussing this with Blocula of all people.

There is a big difference between keeping an open mind about a subject and being foolish.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Maybe it's a titan or gorgon...like Medusa:
Medusa

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Actually I am not done. I want some resolution. I want Human_Alien to come back in here and defend his position on the 2.5 inch mermaid/statue. I am so tired of people like them starting these absolutely ridiculous threads and then bailing out once their idiotic ideas are proven to be just that. I have seen this done soooo many times it makes me crazy.

It's not like this is a new subject. Its not like HA is the first person to suggest that is a person or statue, it has been beaten to death on this website for the last years since it was first discovered. Instead of taking the time to investigate something and find out what is what they just go ahead and make a post and let the rest of the community do the investigation for them. They even admit to this behavior, tell us "I will throw up a million stupid F"ing ideas and hopefully one of them will pan out".

I even quoted Human_Alien in my signature after discussing the missile launch off of the california coast a couple years ago. Every time they take the easy way out of the thread and either make excuses for themselves or just ignore the thread all together and move on to some other asanine idea. I am frankly sick of it, so much so that I no longer care if I recieve any warnings or bans from this website. I have been a member here for almost 6 years and I am sad to say content is no longer as important here as ad revenue I am afraid.

I know this is a rant and way off topic but its time the reasonable people on this website try and put a stop to idiots running rampant. Obviously I don't wish to sensor anyones ideas per say, but just letting people have free reign to start as many threads as they want for poops and giggles is tiring.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Love how trolls just ;ove to open an account to troll a thread. ood GOD ALMIGHTY....

Children will be children I guess. Ahhh well.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
double post grrrrrrrrrr.
edit on 3-6-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I love people that do us all the favor of quoting fictional shows on discovery channel as proof of mermaids living on Mars. Seriously if you people post this crap just to get reasonable people's blood pressure up you are succeeding. I know some of them are basically children and aren't as liable for their actions due to inexperience with life and ideas and critical thinking. But you adults have no excuse, It is a wonder how you manage to stay alive being so gdamn foolish.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
It is definitely something. Either it's a statue, or it's a life form that was watching the rover from a distance and when the rover got too close, the lifeform made it's way to the edge of the rock and is going over to escape. Imagine someone in the 1200's coming up on a Rover and the Rover start coming towards them, it would be terror. There has to be more photos of this area and the person who took the photos needs to be questioned about it. Anyone know who operates this particular Rover?

If I were controlling a Rover and came up on something like this, I would zoom in on it, get different angle photos for investigation. I know they have more photos of this. Where are they? Rhetorical. I know where they are.

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by Fylgje
You must have missed the part where it was explained to be about 2.5 inches tall though. Now knowing that do you alter your theory about the size of your statue/impossibly small person or come to the realization it is a rock? Thats the interesting part.

Cmon Fylgie come back please and tell me your new ideas with the above information in context. I am dying to hear it. I doubt that will happen though. And that is the problem with these threads and thread starters. People like Fylgie sit down at dinner and tell their parents there are mermaids on Mars because they saw a thread about it on ATS without ever realizing they are wrong. H_A doesn't due his homework and because of that people get beat up on the school bus for saying stupid things.

What a bully.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure I understand how the size of that image makes it any less interesting? I don't believe it to be a mermaid statue, but I do think it's an incredibly interesting anomaly. Whether it's just a natural geological formation or perhaps something that was fabricated. I believe that there could have been an ancient civilization on Mars that was wiped out millions of years ago and that there still might be remnants and artifacts left over. I also know that my theory could be wrong and we may not find any proof there, but it's important to keep an open mind. Not every rock that looks like something is a case of Pareidolia...sometimes these things deserve a closer look and a good discussion.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

What does our size here on earth have to do with anything?

There may be numerous other planets with alien civilizations living upon them scattered all across the universe and within other dimensions as well...

Some of those beings,when compared to us from our perspectives,may only be a few inches tall...

Some of those beings,when compared to us from our perspectives,may be many miles tall...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Sorry response deleted, was a misunderstanding.
Sorry sputnik...
edit on 3-6-2012 by ldyserenity because: deleted reply

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
I'm not sure I understand how the size of that image makes it any less interesting? I don't believe it to be a mermaid statue, but I do think it's an incredibly interesting anomaly. Whether it's just a natural geological formation or perhaps something that was fabricated. I believe that there could have been an ancient civilization on Mars that was wiped out millions of years ago and that there still might be remnants and artifacts left over. I also know that my theory could be wrong and we may not find any proof there, but it's important to keep an open mind. Not every rock that looks like something is a case of Pareidolia...sometimes these things deserve a closer look and a good discussion.

I never said it wasn't an interesting rock, but you have to realize what you are talking about and what Human_Alien, Blocula, and Fylje are talking about are different things. They are flat out claiming that either A. Mermaids are real, and living on Mars or B. Mermaids are real and living on Earth/Mars and some unknown civilization are making statues of them because they have magical reverence towards them.

Like I said there is a big difference between keeping an open mind and being foolish. Keeping an open mind about almost statistically impossible events is not just keeping an open mind, it is being ignorant on purpose.

They are claiming an UNDERWATER half fish/half human being is living on the dry hot planet of Mars. Not under its oceans but on the F'ing rocky plains. And it is 2.5 inches to boot. Now even IF mermaids were real, do you think they would be living under water or chilling on some rocks? Christ I can't do this anymore.

You go ahead and keep an open mind about the possibility of mermaids living on Mars then. Good luck to you.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Am I missing something? WAS I ADDRESSING YOU??? No, obviously I was NOT since you have been a member since 2007, SO STFU... DUMB people also don't obviously comprehend clear english. Well, maybe it's not your first language...so go back and re-read the post. And read it slower this time.

Calm down sister. You told me what you loved, I told you what I loved. I wasn't directing my post towards you either. Please drop the STFU its not necessary. Go ahead and edit your post after realizing all of this.

I realize why you might have interpreted my post as you did, I realize its a bit confusing because I replied specifically to you. I don't want a beef with you lets admit we made mistakes and move past this. That being said, irony at its finest =)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

What does our size here on earth have to do with anything?

There may be numerous other planets with alien civilizations living upon them scattered all across the universe and within other dimensions as well...

Some of those beings,when compared to us from our perspectives,may only be a few inches tall...

Some of those beings,when compared to us from our perspectives,may be many miles tall...

So no comment about your fictional 2.5 inch water dwelling merperson spending summers traversing tbe dry rocky plains of Mars instead of living underwater? Must be difficult to travel without legs.

Either way your argument is silly. How can you claim mermaids live on Mars above ground and are 2.5 inches tall if you cant even prove mermaids live in the water on earth and are normal size? It doesnt matter what size they are because they dont exist. This is stupid.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Mars was once covered with oceans and continents just like earth,think about that and whatever terrible calamity annihilated its biosphere and destroyed its atmosphere could easily happen to earth any day...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Is that supposed to be a joke?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join