It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who lied about rape asks for 'bygones to be bygones'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Violater1

11 years later she admits to making the whole thing up (how the !@$ can someone be jailed for rape with no evidence???) and the state REFUSES to prosecute her because it might "scare away victims"....... wtf?

That is absurd. There are rape victims who never report, but it's not because they're worried about the state prosecution.

If these women are allowed to get away with this, then it will continue. The state needs to make an example out of her.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by Rockpuck

11 years later she admits to making the whole thing up (how the !@$ can someone be jailed for rape with no evidence???) and the state REFUSES to prosecute her because it might "scare away victims"....... wtf?

That is absurd. There are rape victims who never report, but it's not because they're worried about the state prosecution.

If these women are allowed to get away with this, then it will continue. The state needs to make an example out of her.

The suffragettes didn't intend for their struggle to end in this way. I'm sure alot of women hate what the feminists have done to society, but it's not popular to speak up

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

There is no such thing as womens committing crime. There is no women pedophiles, there is no women serial killers or rapist.

Really?

Famous female serial killers
edit on 31/5/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Rapists ought to be strung up by the testes and gutted infront of thier loved ones.

So if that justice had been meted out to this young man the lady in question would not need to admit her guilt as he would be dead.

Very equitable I am sure. Yes sounds like a good solution NOT.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
yeah, let bygones be bygones, CAUSE I GOT CAUGHT. but if I hadn't, I would still be living it up and YOU would still be in prison...I only ruined your life, but please, just let this pass over so I can get back to mine!!

SELFISH PRICK should be sent to a woman's facility where she might understand the context a little better...

1.5 million or MORE to the guy first of all, he might be able to live his dream a little by seeing a good game with his old friends who won't look at him like a sick freak anymore...

next, this lady needs some serious eye opening experiences, she should have to do seminars for free helping rape victims or spending time with inmates or something...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

She needs to go to prison...for falsely accusing an innocent person...and also for stealing the $1.5 million.

That's my thinking on this too. False accusations, false police report, taking money that she knew she did did not really belong to her.

Bygones be bygones? No, I wouldn't if I were him.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

The worst part about it, is that it casts doubt on all rape victims. imo, not prosecuting hurts victims far more than prosecuting liars.

I'm just shocked that someone can go to jail for rape without any evidence what so ever. Clearly if the accuser is lying about the rape, there usually is no evidence (and in the op's case it was obviously the police and prosecutions fault just as much as the accuser!) It's just sad to see people placing such a stigma over real victims for greed, stupidity or other asinine reasons.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
At the very least this falsely accused guy will receive a few million in damages. It's also highly likely the women who lied will be forced to pay back the money she stole. She will also most likely be charged with multiple different crimes and end up spending time in prison. She will pay the price.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'm just shocked that someone can go to jail for rape without any evidence what so ever.

That's because there's no such thing as innocent until proven guilty anymore. Especially when it comes to crimes like this, because they provoke emotional and irrational responses.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

www.bbc.co.uk

A Los Angeles teenager convicted of rape in 2002 has been cleared after his "victim" admitted lying.

Brian Banks was sentenced to ten years in prison for raping Wanetta Gibson when he was 16 years-old. He entered a 'no contest plea' and served five years.

Soon after he was released in 2007, Ms Gibson contacted him on facebook with the words "let bygones be bygones". She admitted he was innocent but was concerned she would have to pay back the $1.5m the school gave her in damages at the time.

Mr Banks agreed to meet her and videotaped her with the help of the California Innocence
(visit the link for the full news article)

What she (and others like her) has done is contemptable ... she is a disgrace to women everywhere and should be sent to prison for at least as long as the boy who was imprisoned.because she stole his freedom and reputation ... disgusting !

Woody

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by TrueBrit

Rapists ought to be strung up by the testes and gutted infront of thier loved ones.

So if that justice had been meted out to this young man the lady in question would not need to admit her guilt as he would be dead.

Very equitable I am sure. Yes sounds like a good solution NOT.

Well said PuterMan, well said.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

I'm just shocked that someone can go to jail for rape without any evidence what so ever.

That's because there's no such thing as innocent until proven guilty anymore. Especially when it comes to crimes like this, because they provoke emotional and irrational responses.

Actually, I know the perfect story to exemplify just how true this statement is.

That's when Officer Larry Bates confiscated the cash based on his suspicion that it was drug money.

"Why didn't you arrest him?" we asked Bates.

"Because he hadn't committed a criminal law," the officer answered.

Bates said the amount of money and the way it was packed gave him reason to be suspicious.

"The safest place to put your money if it's legitimate is in a bank account," he explained. "He stated he had two. I would put it in a bank account. It draws interest and it's safer."

"But it's not illegal to carry cash," we noted.

"No, it's not illegal to carry cash," Bates said. "Again, it's what the cash is being used for to facilitate or what it is being utilized for."

NewsChannel 5 Investigates noted, "But you had no proof that money was being used for drug trafficking, correct? No proof?"

"And he couldn't prove it was legitimate," Bates insisted.

Man Loses $22,000 In New 'Policing For Profit' Case

Now the law is guilty until proven innocent.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Seahawks had this guy in for a workout this week, hope he makes the team. Would be a nice redemtion story. Also this b**ch should be locked up in prison.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
No no, no....

Make the District Attorney pay this man 1.5 million. Because most of them are rabid for convictions and care nothing about truth. This will hurt him most because they live for attention and money. Walk all of the people that played a part and took pride in his conviction out on national camera and ruin their image and their careers. That will hurt them most. Lastly, take any potential for ever getting government money away from the accuser, the girl, to where she will never get a handout from anybody and has no choice but to work the rest of her life. This will hurt her most.

We'll never know what exactly happened. But there was no evidence and she lied at least once in a very easy and convincing manner. I say exonerate this man on national television. Have somebody that all people know and respect say "I'm sorry this happened to you, please let me ask forgiveness for those that won't or can't". This will help him most.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
just drop her off in the middle of a desert
one thing ive learned from all these stories is not to accept plea bargins when you're innocent. you get #ed either way
edit on 31-5-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Prosecutor = Fired.
Police Officers = Fired.
Woman = Arrested, charged and tried / Pay back the money that was given or assets seized.

+Justice

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

www.bbc.co.uk

A Los Angeles teenager convicted of rape in 2002 has been cleared after his "victim" admitted lying.

Brian Banks was sentenced to ten years in prison for raping Wanetta Gibson when he was 16 years-old. He entered a 'no contest plea' and served five years.

Soon after he was released in 2007, Ms Gibson contacted him on facebook with the words "let bygones be bygones". She admitted he was innocent but was concerned she would have to pay back the $1.5m the school gave her in damages at the time.

Mr Banks agreed to meet her and videotaped her with the help of the California Innocence
(visit the link for the full news article)

"I just stole 5 years of your life, by the way, can we just be friends?"

I believe my response would be to file a civil suit against her to sue for the years he lost of his life to her lies, and then i'd file a suit against judicial system for not feretting out her purgery. This woman should get 10 years in prison for lying on the stand and causing this guy to lose 5 years of his life he will not get back.
edit on 31-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

anymore? lol. it's amazing we were ever even able to establish a justice system that could determine innocence or guilt.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I got $5 says she gets off easy but if I was that guy I would be doing everything I could to make her life hell as well as others involved.
There should be mandatory time for this sort of crime and nothing to do with how much the accused served, just pick a minimum 5 or 10 years with the option of adding what ever on top depending on circumstances.
Surely she would have to pay that money back?
He should be compensated to the level he never has to consider money again not to mention live tax free for the rest of his life.

Perhaps he should also get 1 free night alone with this woman he's done the time now he can do the crime.
^Not srs well actually I am kinda srs.

but I forgot she has a vagina so move along nothing to see here.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

She raped 10 years of his life. He's extremely lucky he still has some of his youth left.

She is just as bad as a rapist. Somebody who took advantage of another person using some form of power or force. In this case she used a poor legal system and racism on her side.

Even his own lawyer told him because he was black he would be convicted. If they doesn't say enough about the System in place then I don't know what does.

And this is the case we heard about. What about the others.

We need another Australia to just send all these horrible people. Eventually after 100-200 years they will turn into really good people. Look at the Aussies, they went from a land of convicts to some of the nicest people in the world in what.....200 years.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join