It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who lied about rape asks for 'bygones to be bygones'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Woman who lied about rape asks for 'bygones to be bygones'

www.bbc.co.uk

A Los Angeles teenager convicted of rape in 2002 has been cleared after his "victim" admitted lying.

Brian Banks was sentenced to ten years in prison for raping Wanetta Gibson when he was 16 years-old. He entered a 'no contest plea' and served five years.

Soon after he was released in 2007, Ms Gibson contacted him on facebook with the words "let bygones be bygones". She admitted he was innocent but was concerned she would have to pay back the $1.5m the school gave her in damages at the time.

Mr Banks agreed to meet her and videotaped her with the help of the California Innocence
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Rape is perhaps one of the most despicable crimes against humanity that another human, can assault against another human.
Stories of the consequences of rape go as far back as the bible where in Genesis 19, the men of Sodom wanted to rape the two angels. That ended very badly for Sodom and Gomorrah. Lot's daughters got him so drunk he couldn't remember anything and had sex with him. Their children became the fathers of the Moabites and the Ammonites, which later gave Israel nothing but trouble.
The Book of Genesis, chapter 34, Jacob's daughter was raped by a Hivite prince. That ended very badly, too.
In the Book of Judges: 19, a group of Benjamenites wanted to rape a Levite man, but ended up raping and murdering his concubine. This lead to a civil war that almost wiped out the tribe of Benjamin.
In 2 Samuel 13, Amnon, the son of King David, raped his sister. Absalom eventually killed his brother Amnon because of this. Later Absalom seized the throne and King David became a fugitive.
So it's no wonder why man despises a rapist. Our preconceived ideas and prejudices automatically condemn the accused.
But a trend is forming where women lie about this horrid crime against them and the accused (although getting a "fair" trial) goes to jail. But then the woman recants her story, and the man is released from jail, albeit, tarnished for life. We have all heard it before, it's been in the news, even "religious activists" have come to the aid of these False Witness's. This is another sad example, and I leave you a youtube video and article to consider.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 31-5-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

She needs to go to prison...for falsely accusing an innocent person...and also for stealing the $1.5 million.

+18 more 
posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think false accusers should serve the time the falsely convicted were charged to serve.

Fair is fair, after all.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Rape is perhaps one of the most despicable crimes against humanity that another human, can assault against another human.

You mean, Men on women rape?

There is no such thing as womens committing crime. There is no women pedophiles, there is no women serial killers or rapist.

edit on 5/31/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Wow! I never realized she got 1.5 million out of this. But I do agree, she should serve the same sentence as the individual she falsely accuse. Then again, we all know how the JUST US system works......sigh

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Female sex offenders protected by the criminal justice system

Female sex offenders receive lighter sentences for the same crimes than males says a study recently published in Feminist Criminology, a SAGE journal and the official journal of the Division on Women and Crime of the American Society of Criminology.

Embry and Lyons looked at the sentences that male and female sex offenders received for specific sex offenses and found that even after the implementation of sentencing guidelines to ensure equality in sentencing, on average male sentences were between 6% and 31% longer than female sentences for the same or similar crimes.

Just saying... if crime transcends gender, race, and all other social considerations; so should justice.

Start with perjury, fraud, and libelous slander.... go from there.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The Youtube video, is actually a video from the BBC news website, but I digress. This is an horrific situation, but I do not think that it is fair to say that penalties paid by rapists are too high, as was implied by the statements of Mr Brian Banks's lawyer.

It is however fair to say, that the cow who perpetrated this lie, that saw Mr Banks so unjustly jailed should never have been able to get away with it. It should never have MADE it to court. If she was raped, then she should have had a rape kit run on her. Her vagina should have been swabbed, the surrounding area, and upper thighs checked for bruising. Unless Mr Banks has a very small member, there would have been some evidence of sexual activity that could have been recovered. But as Mr Banks makes clear in the statement to the radio presenter, there was NO sexual intercourse, consentual or otherwise! So how in hell did this case ever see a court room, let alone come down to a plea bargain?

Let us not mince words here. Rapists ought to be strung up by the testes and gutted infront of thier loved ones. They are subhuman scum who deserve umpteen times worse terrors than the human mind can invent to be visited upon them, such wrathful vengance as cannot be imagined. However, if a case is to be bought, there must be a case to answer first. The problem was not the scentence, it was the plea bargain, and before that, some bloody shoddy investigation techniques.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
And now Mr. Banks has received an invitation to try out for the Seattle Seahawks (I am a Seahawks fan). As well as the Redskins and Chiefs!

ESPN Article

I hope all the best for the guy!
edit on 31-5-2012 by azbowhunter because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Give the bitch 41 years, give Mr. Banks the 1.5 million. Done.

2nd line.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Throw her in the pookey and make her pay back the money.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Let us not mince words here. Rapists ought to be strung up by the testes and gutted infront of thier loved ones. They are subhuman scum who deserve umpteen times worse terrors than the human mind can invent to be visited upon them, such wrathful vengance as cannot be imagined. However, if a case is to be bought, there must be a case to answer first. The problem was not the scentence, it was the plea bargain, and before that, some bloody shoddy investigation techniques.

So correct. This case should have never made it to court.

I think this young man needs to be compensated by those who forced him to plea bargain without getting any advice.

Since when is it ok to force a 16 year old boy to make a decision like this without at least talking to a parent. That in itself is criminal.

I hope this young man gets some legal help, that can turn this conviction around, as well as address those who forced this decision upon a 16 year old with 10 minutes to decide, and no advice.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by schadenfreude
Give the bitch 41 years, give Mr. Banks the 1.5 million. Done.

2nd line.

That would be great, as long as his criminal history is erased concerning this.

It still doesn't address the idiot who said there was no time for him time to talk to a parent about such an important decision . He was 16 !!! What they did was criminal in my eyes. They need to be accountable for that.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
And if this is the one I was reading about the other day and I think it is. She potentially took millions from him and an education. He was being recruited by several colleges and could have possibly played pro football. She completely took his life away for some cash. She should be put away for much longer than him for fraud, theft and for just being a pathetic excuse for a human being. Other than the chick that claimed Mike Tyson raped her who the hell does this? I know thats a whole other can of worms but this loser needs to be in a rough prison and he needs reparations for what he has lost.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

You mean, Men on women rape?

There is no such thing as womens committing crime. There is no women pedophiles, there is no women serial killers or rapist.

edit on 5/31/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Debra Lafave
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Debra Jean Beasley, better known under her former married name of Debra Lafave, (born August 28, 1980) is a former teacher at Angelo L. Greco Middle School in Temple Terrace, Florida. She pleaded guilty in 2005 to Lewd or Lascivious Battery. The charges stemmed from a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old student in the summer of 2004.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sure there is, just not as common..
There HAVE been plenty
of women teachers who love their young boy students..

Aileen Wuornos
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Aileen Wuornos

Aileen Carol Wuornos (February 29, 1956 – October 9, 2002) was an American serial killer who killed seven men in Florida in 1989 and 1990. Wuornos claimed that her victims had either raped or attempted to rape her while she was working as a prostitute, and that all of the killings were committed in self-defense. She was convicted and sentenced to death for six of the murders and had her sentence carried out by the state in the way of lethal injection on October 9, 2002.
en.wikipedia.org...

Women went nuts and went on a serial killing spree
seven victims.

I know it was more sarcastic, these
are just real examples.
Less rare it happens.

The false rape accusations have
been putting black men mostly
in jail since the 50's...

This girl must be not all there
saying this now after the guy
already served his 10 years.
He went in 2002 out in 2012.
He should of plead not guilty
though instead of no contest.
States have different times you
can serve in prison for rape, 10 years is long.

If he took a deal to plead no contest
it didn't save him but 3-5 years.
I would never of plead no contest
or guilty if I was actually not.
Not worth it. Even with dna evidence
it only shows you had sex, not the
fact if a rape was committed..
edit on 31-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As a rape survivor, I feel FURIOUS when I hear stories of women making false allegations of rape.

Every false allegation weakens the credibility of those telling the truth.

This young man's life was destroyed by this...&$¥#! She should spend the rest of her life in prison. No parole.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
That poor, poor man.

She should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The stygma of rape for a man will follow him for life, and even in prison he would have been a target, as the only thing worse than a rapist to prisoners is a child molester. Murderers are given more respect.

She should be made an example of so other women will not try this.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I say put her in prison for the following crimes.

Slander

Liable

Defamation

Tort

False Accusation

Theft

Fraud

He should also be awarded punitive damages from her, and he should also hire a PR Firm to correct his image and have her pay for it too.

I hope the guy gets some justice and a much improved life too.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Men should be protected against this sort of thing but hey, men are throwaways to the "elite thinkers"
Too many lives are ruined by accusations of rape, meanwhile the false accusers claim to be representing justice and equality. Where is the equality for males, especially whites?

Institutionalized persecution syndrome? can we coin dat plz?
edit on 31-5-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Stories like this enrage me..

The woman should serve no less than 20 years. The state, for prosecuting the innocent man should pay him a minimum of $1m a year he served and everything the woman won and all subsequent assets she's collected over the last 10 years should be forfeited to this man.

There was a case just a few months ago www.wwltv.com... a girl said her father raped her because she was mad her parents were getting divorced. 11 years later she admits to making the whole thing up (how the !@$ can someone be jailed for rape with no evidence???) and the state REFUSES to prosecute her because it might "scare away victims"....... wtf?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join