It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who lied about rape asks for 'bygones to be bygones'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There are some crimes I find the bottom barrel
Rape in general (varied degrees...drug fueled confusion less so than forced on rapist)
child molestation (not the 19 with a 15 style, but proper 40 year old with an 8 year old style.)
Murderers, and class A drug manufacturing (meth).

The above people need to do time and not have a judge decide when they are free, but a therapist (which can often be much longer than the sentence..or less if the issues are resolved in some cases..but it is fair. The drug manufacturers are not in this consideration..they are just greedy, extended lockup time may cure them of that).

A person whom lies about the above is the very tippy top of that list...It is like all of the above crimes combined..

I know a person whom lied about being raped (and admitted she lied). The person she lied about got prison...she was pond scum in my opinion...in saying that, this guy was no knight..he was most certainly not one of those people you wanted to know..abusive, drug pushing, etc etc etc...but the end did not justify the means. By doing that, she didn't put away a bad guy, she just converted herself into a ruthless bad person.

Just my 2 cents.
The person whom this effected should decide her fate in a just world. He may forgive her, he may want 20 years for her. (a therapist should weigh in here also...has she changed since then? Is she truely regretful about her actions?).
Our system sucks though...too much law, not enough justice.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I think false accusers should serve the time the falsely convicted were charged to serve.

Fair is fair, after all.

The only problem with that is there is no back door if the accuser decides to tell the truth. Innocent people in jail wait for the day to be exonerated.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Just my 2 cents. The person whom this effected should decide her fate in a just world. He may forgive her, he may want 20 years for her. (a therapist should weigh in here also...has she changed since then? Is she truely regretful about her actions?). Our system sucks though...too much law, not enough justice.

Only problem is her choice did not just effect him, though it effected him and those who love him very deeply.

She also managed to get 1.5 million dollars from a school board , who could have used that money for far better purposes. I bet they would want those funds back now.

I still have serious issues with the people who told this 16 year old he had 10 minutes to decide on his plea, and gave him false information on the outcome of the plea. They wouldn't even let him talk to his mom, and basically forced him to plead guilty through scare tactics. That pisses me off so much !

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by SaturnFX

Just my 2 cents. The person whom this effected should decide her fate in a just world. He may forgive her, he may want 20 years for her. (a therapist should weigh in here also...has she changed since then? Is she truely regretful about her actions?). Our system sucks though...too much law, not enough justice.

Only problem is her choice did not just effect him, though it effected him and those who love him very deeply.

She also managed to get 1.5 million dollars from a school board , who could have used that money for far better purposes. I bet they would want those funds back now.

I still have serious issues with the people who told this 16 year old he had 10 minutes to decide on his plea, and gave him false information on the outcome of the plea. They wouldn't even let him talk to his mom, and basically forced him to plead guilty through scare tactics. That pisses me off so much !

Ya, thats how courts work actually. They make it seem that if you don't plead guilty and accept a bargain, you will be all but executed...they work their scare tactics so that even innocent people think they are going to the chopping block.
prosecution wants to push things through rapidly..not get bogged down in a case.
We have a legal system, not a justice system.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I believe the bumper sticker battle cry about the US court system is "it is the best in the world" and I think, what we have here, is an example of the best of the best.

It seems the court system, with all its checks and balances, with through investigation by a crack team of devoted individuals, who's sole purpose in life is truth and justice, were spot on. It seems, that, there is no chance that anyone, young or old, can be wrongfully "accused" and convicted at the same time and this example shows it.

Of course I am being facetious, but one has to wonder how those who facilitated this fiasco feel? I cut someone off on the freeway and I want to apologize, but I suspect not ONE person involved in this horrifying process has apologized in a real, meaningful way.

This also begs the question. This kid was imprisoned for a crime he did not commit, so why does the state have an dog in this fight at all. This was, is, between the two of them, and the state's investment seems gratuitous at best, and in this case - criminal. Yes, for the state to get its money, it committed a criminal act: It kidnapped a person and held them captive until a debt was paid - years and money. How is this "justice?"

But this won't change a thing, even the death of an innocent man on Texas death row was met with "hmmm, well so what?"

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

I apologize for my ignorance, but whom did Texas execute that was innocent? I'd like to do some reading if you can provide a name.

Thanks,
smylee

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
1.5million for been raped..

somebody come rape me

I know this is sarcasm, but it's in poor taste.

Rape.....being raped....never goes away. Never.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
When I first thought of the notion that a woman could rape a man, I admit I was surprised. But the more I think about it, the more plausible it becomes.

Drug a man and there's no need to overpower him. Then he's at your mercy. I won't go any further with that line of thought but I'm sure you can connect the dots.

There are a lot of crimes that we assign to one gender. I realize that males tend to be more likely to commit a violent crime, but women can be just as brutal. Our society needs to realize that anyone can commit any crime, regardless of gender. And anyone can be a victim of any crime.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

But a trend is forming where women lie about this horrid crime against them and the accused (although getting a "fair" trial) goes to jail. But then the woman recants her story, and the man is released from jail, albeit, tarnished for life. We have all heard it before, it's been in the news, even "religious activists" have come to the aid of these False Witness's. This is another sad example, and I leave you a youtube video and article to consider.

There is no trend forming. The incidents of false reporting of rape pale in comparison to actual cases and those not reported by women thorough fear and shame.

Why don't we focus on the violence and hatred that women across the world have to put up with perpetrated by the hands of men.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
And if this is the one I was reading about the other day and I think it is. She potentially took millions from him and an education. He was being recruited by several colleges and could have possibly played pro football. She completely took his life away for some cash. She should be put away for much longer than him for fraud, theft and for just being a pathetic excuse for a human being. Other than the chick that claimed Mike Tyson raped her who the hell does this? I know thats a whole other can of worms but this loser needs to be in a rough prison and he needs reparations for what he has lost.

I used to have a gig in L.A. Running liquor promotions(bud girls, jack Daniels etc) one night I heard the girls talking about a certain club owner and how much money he had. One of the girls said to another girl(scheming to get some of his cash) "just say he raped you". I don't think she ever did, but that's how a lot of women think. They hide behind their gender and use false accs, tricking dudes into getting them pregnant, all kinds of things, and they feel justified in doing so because feminism tells them basically, anything goes. It's the "yo go girl" mentality of personal destruction. This story doen't surprise me one bit. This is why I hesitate to marry and have kids..good chance of divorce and all that horror. Who needs it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
in order for this all to be right...she needs to be strapped to the chair and raped by this guy, under the supervision of the judge that sentenced him to prison. He got jail time, she got money...all that is missing is the actual rape.

She probably spent the money and the taxpayers will now foot the bill. This is a disgusting story and should be a wake up call to all men

Just found an article that says the mother is behind alot of this-

Wanetta Gibson’s Mom Wanda Rhodes Plotted Brian Banks’ False Rape Accusation for Money

And you are right. The money's been blown, & they now live their lives dodging debt collectors.
Couldn't believe she still has a facebook page, though it looks like a new account.
Wanetta Gibson

Looks like his story has a happy outcome for him, with him being vindicated at last-

Some NFL dreams never die

& I'm guessing his accuser will have a life spent running from the law or behind bars.Hopefully, with her mother.
edit on 2-6-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I cannot believe the attacks on women as whole on this thread. It is sickening and very reflective of the everyday situation women find themselves in.

The US seems to be the only western country where women are locked up for years on end for killing abusive husbands.

Jacobsen was at the forefront of appealing to Governor Granholm to grant clemency to scores of women who had served long sentences unjustly. Many were there for defending themselves against an abusive husband and/or trying to protect their children. It’s a fair observation to note that many would be free had they had been able to afford a good lawyer. Still, the weight of gender discrimination and ignorance about domestic violence and women’s strategies for survival heavily biases prosecutors, judges and juries who continue to blame women for their own abuse, according to Jacobsen. One clemency petition was for Delores Kapuscinski who has been in prison since 1987. She was one of my brightest students. According to the petition (Kapuscinski Petition 2011), Delores “was convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to life in prison for killing her abusive husband. Delores had suffered years of emotional and sexual abuse at the hands of her husband and [feared] that her husband was also sexually abusing their two children. She planned to take her own life, but in fear for her children, turned the gun on her abuser. Her record is exemplary. She has earned a college degree while incarcerated and serves as a paralegal, assisting other inmates with their appeals.”

www.counterpunch.org...

Can we please get some perspective here? Women have to put up with the abuses of gender violence every day. In the form of a lack of equal pay, opportunities for the higher paid jobs, abuse and threats from men on the street and at home, stigmatised by advertisement & "culture". The list goes on and on.

If you are not a feminist you need to reflect a bit. Pointing out the occasional mis reporting or rape, or "shocking" conversation you overheard a group of women having about rape pales in comparison to the violences inflicted upon the female sex.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
I cannot believe the attacks on women as whole on this thread. It is sickening and very reflective of the everyday situation women find themselves in.

The US seems to be the only western country where women are locked up for years on end for killing abusive husbands.

Jacobsen was at the forefront of appealing to Governor Granholm to grant clemency to scores of women who had served long sentences unjustly. Many were there for defending themselves against an abusive husband and/or trying to protect their children. It’s a fair observation to note that many would be free had they had been able to afford a good lawyer. Still, the weight of gender discrimination and ignorance about domestic violence and women’s strategies for survival heavily biases prosecutors, judges and juries who continue to blame women for their own abuse, according to Jacobsen. One clemency petition was for Delores Kapuscinski who has been in prison since 1987. She was one of my brightest students. According to the petition (Kapuscinski Petition 2011), Delores “was convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to life in prison for killing her abusive husband. Delores had suffered years of emotional and sexual abuse at the hands of her husband and [feared] that her husband was also sexually abusing their two children. She planned to take her own life, but in fear for her children, turned the gun on her abuser. Her record is exemplary. She has earned a college degree while incarcerated and serves as a paralegal, assisting other inmates with their appeals.”

www.counterpunch.org...

Can we please get some perspective here? Women have to put up with the abuses of gender violence every day. In the form of a lack of equal pay, opportunities for the higher paid jobs, abuse and threats from men on the street and at home, stigmatised by advertisement & "culture". The list goes on and on.
Pointing out the occasional mis reporting or rape, or "shocking" conversation you overheard a group of women having about rape pales in comparison to the violences inflicted upon the female sex.

If you are not a feminist you need to reflect a bit. Pointing out the occasional mis reporting or rape, or "shocking" conversation you overheard a group of women having about rape pales in comparison to the violences inflicted upon the female sex.

True, but that doesn't justify what some women do(and by some, I mean a whole hell of a lot, but not all). two wrongs don't make a right. Especially considering that you can't ever repair the damage done to this man's life. there will be people who will ALWAYS think he "must have done something", even though she recanted. In some people's minds, he's a rapist period. Any woman who does this is the lowest piece of scum.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by crankyoldman

I apologize for my ignorance, but whom did Texas execute that was innocent? I'd like to do some reading if you can provide a name.

Thanks,
smylee

My memory escapes me, but I believe his name was Wilson, accused of burning up his house with kids inside. Seems the "evidence" was so flawed as to be beyond crazy, but he "seemed" like he did it. In fact, a key piece of the evidence was the fact that he wasn't behaving right while the house was burning. Evidently there is a right way to behave in all circumstances and if you don't express that, your neighbors will send you to death row. Actually, come to think of it, that scenario is might be worse then the rape scenario, as the neighbors became physical and emotional expression experts based on nothing and, their "he just ain't right I tell you" was enough to kill him.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
False accusations like these are one of the many reasons why I don't want anything to do with women.

Why should I want to go out and get a girlfriend of all she's going to do is say a bunch of crap about me that'll get me in trouble, and because of society's rules about gender roles, they'll believe her more than they will me? Even more so since I'm not such an eloquent speaker and often have trouble expressing myself? Remember in society popular opinion rules, and if you seem guilty in any way shape or form, then you must be guilty. And it's just oh so easy to make anybody out to be guilty.

People still want Michael Jackson to be guilty of pedophilia because he settled out of court first and he looks like a freak. Never mind he was acquitted in a court of all criminal charges against him. Nobody gives a damned about those facts. Jackson is a freak is all they care about. Because he looks like a freak he must be guilty. According to them, not to me.

Now watch, a bunch of women are going to come out and insult and berate me for daring to be critical of women. That's another one of society's rules I can't stand. It's okay for women to blame all men everywhere whenever they're angry at men, but when one man is hostile to women he gets blamed and insulted and berated all to hell and back because for some reason women are seen as more virtuous than women so they must not be blamed for one man's mistake.

I'm sorry, but I really can't stand double standards and many of them leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
False accusations like these are one of the many reasons why I don't want anything to do with women.

Why should I want to go out and get a girlfriend of all she's going to do is say a bunch of crap about me that'll get me in trouble, and because of society's rules about gender roles, they'll believe her more than they will me? Even more so since I'm not such an eloquent speaker and often have trouble expressing myself? Remember in society popular opinion rules, and if you seem guilty in any way shape or form, then you must be guilty. And it's just oh so easy to make anybody out to be guilty.

People still want Michael Jackson to be guilty of pedophilia because he settled out of court first and he looks like a freak. Never mind he was acquitted in a court of all criminal charges against him. Nobody gives a damned about those facts. Jackson is a freak is all they care about. Because he looks like a freak he must be guilty. According to them, not to me.

Now watch, a bunch of women are going to come out and insult and berate me for daring to be critical of women. That's another one of society's rules I can't stand. It's okay for women to blame all men everywhere whenever they're angry at men, but when one man is hostile to women he gets blamed and insulted and berated all to hell and back because for some reason women are seen as more virtuous than women so they must not be blamed for one man's mistake.

I'm sorry, but I really can't stand double standards and many of them leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Curious as to your age. I'm assuming you are "young". These ideas will change over time and you'll find that there are very good women out there, you just haven't met the right one yet (ignore that if you happen to be gay, I have no idea and if you are, I support you in that). It's not a matter of women vs men or men vs women, it's a matter of finding someone you are compatible with, who shares the same values you do and has the same morals. It may take a great deal of time to find the right one or she may literally just fall into your lap, you just never know.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I'm in my mid forties.

And i'm sick and tired of people telling me how immature I am because I disagree with them or I have my own opinions on things.

Edit
And no, i am not gay. I do, however lead a celibate lifestyle.

edit on 2-6-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Can we please get some perspective here?

Sure, why not. Men are more than twice as likely to be a victim of a violent crime than women.

If you are not a feminist you need to reflect a bit.

I think you need to reflect a bit to come to the conclusion that any "competition" between sexes as to which one is more victimised is not productive at all. This thread is no attack on women, it is maybe an attack on that one particular woman.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LightsideAssassin

True, but that doesn't justify what some women do(and by some, I mean a whole hell of a lot, but not all). two wrongs don't make a right. Especially considering that you can't ever repair the damage done to this man's life. there will be people who will ALWAYS think he "must have done something", even though she recanted. In some people's minds, he's a rapist period. Any woman who does this is the lowest piece of scum.

What does any of this even mean? What do a hell of a lot of women do? Go around shouting rape to high heaven?

ONE case, one case of false rape reporting and suddenly women are the problem again.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Actually it's not just one and false accusations of rape are far more prevalent. Here's some info as an just one example:

False allegations of rape are believed to be more common than many persons realize. These are the findings of four research studies:

A review of 556 rape accusations filed against Air Force personnel found that 27% of women later recanted. Then 25 criteria were developed based on the profile of those women, and then submitted to three independent reviewers to review the remaining cases. If all three reviewers deemed the allegation was false, it was categorized as false. As a result, 60% of all allegations were found to be false.1 Of those women who later recanted, many didn't admit the allegation was false until just before taking a polygraph test. Others admitted it was false only after having failed a polygraph test.2

In a nine-year study of 109 rapes reported to the police in a Midwestern city, Purdue sociologist Eugene J. Kanin reported that in 41% of the cases the complainants eventually admitted that no rape had occurred.3 In a follow-up study of rape claims filed over a three-year period at two large Midwestern universities, Kanin found that of 64 rape cases, 50% turned out to be false.4 Among the false charges, 53% of the women admitted they filed the false claim as an alibi.5

According to a 1996 Department of Justice report, “in about 25% of the sexual assault cases referred to the FBI, ... the primary suspect has been excluded by forensic DNA testing.6 It should be noted that rape involves a forcible and non-consensual act, and a DNA match alone does not prove that rape occurred. So the 25% figure substantially underestimates the true extent of false allegations.

And according to former Colorado prosecutor Craig Silverman, “For 16 years, I was a kick-ass prosecutor who made most of my reputation vigorously prosecuting rapists. ... I was amazed to see all the false rape allegations that were made to the Denver Police Department. ...

A command officer in the Denver Police sex assaults unit recently told me he placed the false rape numbers at approximately 45%.”7 According to the FBI, about 95,000 forcible rapes were reported in 2004.8 Based on the statements and studies cited above, some 47,000 American men are falsely accused of rape each year. These men are disproportionately African-American.9

Some of these men are wrongly convicted, sentenced, and imprisoned. Even if there is no conviction, a false allegation of rape can “emotionally, socially, and economically destroy a person.”10

www.mediaradar.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join