It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass brawl erupts in front of Goldfish, Kings Cross

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Noooooooooo, they make our Light Infantry laugh......

29INFDIV

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 29INFDIV

Way to prove just how little you know. They may have had a shortage of combat deployments, but they have proven themselves every single time they step off. Moreso than most of your compatriots if I might add.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Dude you have no idea.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Sounds like someone's got a chip on their shoulder. What's the matter? Feeling pangs of jealousy? Or maybe just so blind that you can't see beyond the window of your bloody Humvee.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

More So than my men Huh???? Geee your beloved 22nd made a tour? Congratulations. I was on my 6th Combat Tour and it was the first time I ever saw a canuck. You know what rhymes with Canuck right? So you can go nuck yourself. When you claim some unit whom nobody gives a damn about except Quebec which is fine, but you exact that into an AU-US forum, get a life and education on real military units like the US and AU.

29INFDIV

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Have your precious 22nd seen a bloody humvee? They'd shoot harder for me than they would for you, and yes I have, lost 3 men to one, 1 of them was 22nd, walking in front of me. Want pictures?
edit on 31-5-2012 by 29INFDIV because: Canadian Idiot

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Well I have obviously struck a nerve. You talk too easily about things that real vets (like myself) would never just volunteer without someone asking. I smell me a nationalistic wannabe. Something tells me you never say the 22nd in action as I get just the slightest inkling that you were never there. You don't have to admit it though, you're already made.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Stand By for PM.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29INFDIV
reply to post by Germanicus

I never said one thing about him, re-read.

29INFDIV

I read alot of bad things. maybe my comprehension is off.

Seems like I read you saying that many here could knock the "snot" out of him. If you said that to me I would take it as an insult to my manhood and my honour. What do you know about him. Like I said,he seems like a stand up guy to me.

And what you are missing by saying you would knock the snot out of him is that it does not matter if you win or lose. It matters that you stand up for yourself and maintain your honour. I have picked fights with guys that had insulted me when I was alone vs a group. I dont care if I win. I will not be dishonoured. They can beat the hell out of me but I still win dont I?

And again,JailTails seems like a stand up guy to me. He is also not a hate monger. I think you owe him an apology.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

Way to prove just how little you know. They may have had a shortage of combat deployments, but they have proven themselves every single time they step off. Moreso than most of your compatriots if I might add.

I have alot of respect for Canadians

Your culture is hard.

I like how the Canadians kicked ass at The Battle of Passchendaele.

Canadians have a far harder culture than America.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If he is a real vet, then I have no quarrels, to call me out and say I am not one, is uncalled for, and I will name out the boys of mine that passed. I understand the manhood insult, it's the reason I said it. I don't stand to be insulted or my boys to be pissed on. I can't let their honor be disrespected. When I said I was there when a 22nd Reg guy fell in an IED I mean it, I was in two. One in Iraq, one in Afghanistan, I lost people in both, and a Canadian Soldier. For someone to be so disrespectful and question that. That scorns me so hard to the core.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29INFDIV

If he is a real vet, then I have no quarrels, to call me out and say I am not one, is uncalled for, and I will name out the boys of mine that passed. I understand the manhood insult, it's the reason I said it. I don't stand to be insulted or my boys to be pissed on. I can't let their honor be disrespected. When I said I was there when a 22nd Reg guy fell in an IED I mean it, I was in two. One in Iraq, one in Afghanistan, I lost people in both, and a Canadian Soldier. For someone to be so disrespectful and question that. That scorns me so hard to the core.

I can understand that.

Im sorry if you take offence to my comments. I mean no offence. I hope you see where Im coming from.

guys like you that risk their lives for their country are the pinnacle are hard in any country.

Sorry again about my obnoxious comments. I mean no offense.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Military units fighting at 5:00am in the red light district in Australia. Pick any country, a couple of military unit's get them together at the tit bar at 5:00am after a few rounds......If they aint fighting in the street at closing time....somethings wrong.

I'm sure you all over there have seen all this before? Except this time it involves Americans of color. Would it make a difference if they would have been white? I don't think so. Army guys+ titty bar+ alcohol= fighting in the street. Each and everytime. Matters not where there at. This time it happened to be Australia. I want thank you all for helping us with our occupations of other folks countries, as we should'nt be there and you all should'nt be helping.But I don't hold that aginst you all from down under. My mom who passed two years ago allways wanted to go to Australia, she never made it, she allways said it was one of the most beautiful places on the planet.
edit on 31-5-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I've read the whole thread, scrolled through half of it and ignored almost every hate comment.
I've read too many nationalistic comments and my stomach turns a bit at that...

So I've given stars to the posts that inspire me and considering the weight of hate in this thread I applaud the sound reasoning of quite a few people.

Unfortunately I think the Yanks have it. They aren't as practiced at Aussie bashing as the Aussies here are. The victory goes to you. Still, there are some differences that need to be applied.

If Australia was the world celebrity and you were all watching our movies, TV etc, not to mention having army bases, the dollar and what have you, things would be much different. I hope that someone reads this and understands. Australians think they know all about you because we grew up watching your TV shows etc. The reverse is not true. In fact the worrying aspect in all this seems to me that Australia is nice country as long as it knows it place, which evidently is the impression that you have. This gives scope to the anti-Americans who see this as a negative - allowing them to voice an opposition that will inspire other Aussies who are very good people, who also think Australia is better than that and has more to offer. I hope that makes sense.

There will always be trolls trying to assert that their nationality is better. It's better to ignore those who have a friend who once went to America / Australia and took notes of anything negative he / she could find and pick out the worst aspects of their gov't etc whilst maintaining a fairytale version of their own history. It's a little hard not to be informed by mass media which offers sensationalism over quality...

Good luck with everything and thank you for the kindhearted comments - you know who you are.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by Germanicus
Watch some English or Kiwi or Aussie football. We dont wear all that stupid armour. It would be a sign of fear and weakness. We dont even like guys that wear headgear,which is minimal compared to your helmets. To wear headgear is to say you are scared. ( no offence Jonathan Docking
).

So............your proud of macho bulls#*t?

Yeah, we dont need helmets! I have a wife and kids at home who love me and i provide for them by making money, but i want to be macho and tough and not wear a helmet and maybe one day ill be paralysed, concussed or more and no longer be able to provide! Yah! Maybe my kids will grow up without a father, as im drinking though a straw, or simply incapable of speaking because ive had multiple concussions, a la Mohammed Ali! YAH!!

Moronic, and selfish.

edit on 31-5-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

Ali? Boxing is a great sport. Society is far too concerned with self preservation today.
I blame American culture.
Ali was pretty cool. Frazier beat him though. That fight was bs. Frazier was not done. He wanted to fight. Ali didnt. Frazier would have won. He should have.

And yes,I am proud of our Diggers and how they have conducted themselves at all times when they were/are helping America/British or defending our great Nation. I love The Battle Of Long Tan. I love The Rats Of Tobruk. I love what our Armed Forces did at Kokada. Gollapalli....... Our Military has no fear.

The Diggers are a massive part of our culture.

And I will be damned if I will allow an ATS Mod no less,to insult our coutry with ignorant disrespect. I thought the mods were meant to "deny ignorance" around here. Instead some seem intent on perpetuating it.

Our culture is Spartan-like. It is not "macho bs".

And any 'Australian' that thinks we have ever needed an alliance with America to protect from 'invasion' is a pathetic unAustralian boot licker.

Our culture is intertwined with our proud military history. We are more than "scappy" little victims. Australians are not victims. As the Rats Of Tobruk said, " We are here to give it.not to take it."- Morshead.(commander of the 9th Australian Division)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
I see from this site that Australians also have bigoted arseholes that lump everyone up from certain places into one group, and talk $hit about them to make themselves feel better. Last I checked man, your crap stinks too. Every reason that you give to hate Americans, I can find an example of by your behavior in this thread.

People hate Americans because you kill and ruin the world for everybody else.

Can you say the same of Australia? I don't think you can.

Yes I can say the same, but I am only doing so because I was asked. The hypocrisy in this thread is rampant from both sides. I started seeing things differently as a child when I began looking at countries citizens separately from countries governments. I recommend it for everyone before they start trashing a country in anonymity. Last I checked, Aus. has been behind the U.S. pretty much in every matter and vise versa (government wise). Most matters of which the people disagree with both governments decisions. People are still foolish enough to not see the distinction and focus on the negative and hold the citizens responsible for the actions of runaway governments on both sides, even the people who disagree, speak out, and demonstrate against such actions.
I expect you to not accept this because it seems that you are just looking for attention, for an argument. But hey, it was worth a shot and you can hate what you want. You can be as egocentrically ignorant as you want in anonymity without the fear of having you teeth kicked in while pointing at your scapegoat, or you can do your part to actually try and change something. Most of what I see in my humble opinion of this thread is a cop out to face the real issues, many of which citizens as a majority of both countries will agree with. But hey, that would be counter productive to your mindless squabbles of attention, wouldn't it?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

I would say America is more popular than Australia. It depends on what you value but being the worlds superpower attracts more people than it turns away.

Australia doesn't have the mass media stranglehold that America does, therefore it cannot speak for itself as well as America.

As for being an object of mistrust, Australia is harmless and America certainly is not and some of the stuff coming from TPTB is somewhat frightening.

I am happy to see any Australian (or anyone for that matter), question TPTB in America, especially because what happens there has a flow on effect here and elsewhere. It is on our interest to do so. Attacking the decent hard working people with dick swinging contests is, well, as sign of your level of maturity and that's about it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I'm betting one of your ozzie friends said the word n*gger and it pissed them off. Well, now you know not to be flinging that word around carelessly, people in the U.S. have been killed for saying that word.

Naturally the guy running his mouth wasn't starting the fight, it was the black guy who reacted to being verbally attacked who is in the wrong

I`ll take you up on the bet,being that Americans think Australia is racist based on your media saying we are.There will always be some idiot who thinks skin colour or nationality of one kind is better than another,but by far and large people are not racist here.

If I had to take a guess at who started the fight,I`d say it was the girls,girls looooove to be fought over,these two groups of young guys are being lead by their little heads and if they had any sense should forget about girls like those,sit down have a beer together learn from each other and find better women.

This has nothing to do with picking on australia because it is fun, my god you people have a knee jerk overrection to the dumbest things. Take a chill pill.

Thats a human trait and humans are all over the globe.I know I can get pretty heated when rubbed the wrong way.

Aussie-American (don`t mean to point to one of my posts,its the quoted section that I`m showing) there`s good and bad and everything inbetween.Some people need to learn how to laugh,I look for a good laugh when I need it.

If defense was used just to defend ones own soil,much of what we see in the madness around the world wouldn`t exist and true friends would come and help.A person fighting for their own soil will fight with the strength of ten men.I can also see the need of missile defense in this crazy world.

But hey when stories start coming out of naked men eating the faces or other body parts off someone else around where I live that seem to be too frequent to my liking,I`ll think about leaving,while I have a little face left.I wouldn`t like it if someone was staring at me thinking I looked like a tasty bugger.

All of this was not meant to be an attack towards you either lonewolf.Just someone elses opinions and observations

edit on 1-6-2012 by gps777 because: beta gandma

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Man you are slowing down "master race".11 pages.Usually you dive into an anti American bash by the third page.
"Spartan Like" man that kills me

You have a lot less to choose from in your military.We have a whole lot so by numbers alone we rule.I don't see your SAS at any basic training base in the US to answer an earlier misconception.You helped us learn to kill terrorists by assisting us in making DELTA force with Britain.(Someone should teach Russia] but you are ,what, 4 people who HATE the US and any or all logic or facts that contradict ANY opinion about how absolutely horrible we are ,why we eat babies! Oh wait thats the Chinese.Who you want to be your "Patron" as you stated in another thread Mengele monger.
All men are equal until someone gets a gun,guns are us,nuff said.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join