It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ILLINOIS REP LOSES IT on House Floor

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nOraKat
It's not clear exactly what this has to do with what he started off saying, "Total power in one person's hands..."

Anybody know?
edit on 31-5-2012 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

I am guessing he meant the Illinois Speaker had the power to stop the bill from coming to the floor with only 15 minutes to read it but said Speaker likely is Democrat and so allowed the bill...that is what I am getting from this.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Bravo good man , I applaud your bravery and courage to stand up in front of a full room of your peers and the televised world and tell it like it is !

Shame on you Yes SHAME on you for not supporting him as you all sat there sinking lower into your seats in fear of being spanked by the chair!

seriously people need to get on board with this dude and do something, the rest of them are a bunch of cowards and career politicians !

kudos to the one guy who did clap but not out of sarcasm !

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm not usually one for one lined comments but all that can be said is.. Go him.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

michaelbrux, I also want to know what this speaker meant by "he was there when it was written!" when speaking of the constitution! That stood out to me from the get go! I am happy another person caught it too! What in the world did he mean?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

Technical douche?

I'm sorry but there's a pretty big difference between a republic and a democracy!

Your right we actually live in a plutocracy though. There's no doubt about that, but the educational system and media tells us it's supposed to be a republic. It's a good front for a plutocracy.

But the point is that this guy doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the box. He just reminds me too much of the typical ignorant fundamentialist Christian. And there are a lot of em in office. Reminds me of the senator of Arkansas in the film Religulous. He says you don't need to pass an IQ test to get in Congress.... Clearly!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I am impressed and would like to know why he is not up and running for elections for presidency.......in fact if they want a one world order, let them have it but we choose the main man. If so he would get my vote.
No SCRIPTED speech
From the Heart
Genuine
Last but not least says it how it is

Who is he?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I don't even care what the issue was that he was arguing about. Everything out of his mouth was truth at least as he saw it. It is nice to see a politician get fed up with the status quo, and it is nice to also see someone show their feelings. I'm not saying that this type of behavior is always appropriate, but it is certainly refreshing to see someone calling out their cohorts to do something instead of just sitting there.

I wish we had more representatives that "lose it" occasionally. At least he shows passion for what he believes, and isn't just following orders from the top.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Do we vote for a politician for the passion of his words or the content of his words? The fire in his belly or the sincerity in his heart?

I guess that’s what we have to work out!

Peace

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Such passion and emotion. The guy obviously felt helpless and understood that the only way to make people listen was by making a commotion like this.

No matter what party this man represents he seems like he would stick to the constitution no matter which direction his party is heading. This man needs more attention, America

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

it's sad how the tools sitting around him seem not to care, I applaud this man for standing up to these crooks!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It reminds me of another

Raw Video: N.Y. Rep Weiner's Anti-GOP Rant

Congressman Anthony Weiner (D-NY) became furious at his GOP colleagues during a debate over a 9/11 victims compensation bill. The bill would have provided up to $7.4 billion in aid to people sickened by World Trade Center dust. (July 30)

well I hope More Political Officials Will Stand Up ! of getting Sick & Tired of that Small Group Of Men ...

Tho they may have that Fear of being Permanently Silenced ...
by an Manchurian Candidate... like Sirhan Sirhan

Well Much Like this ....

Network - Mad as Hell Scene

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Yeh I did notice him say that as well , I thought he maybe just got caught up in the moment and made a mistake when he was talking and couldnt get the words he wanted out and it ended up being that line.

However It did throw me off like what is he talking about ?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
F@#$'N A!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
That guy was acting like a psycho, surely he will be voted out next election for acting like that. What a jackass! Was he smoking "Bath Salts" or something?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Haha you used the P word, that's on 'the list'.
Nice.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dyllels
As other people here have said, the concerning part is the other people's reactions.

Even if you agreed with the man and didn't have the balls to say something yourself, surely this would be the opportunity to stand up and support his plea?
Nope, they would rather swivel on their chair... like this wheeeee

This man needed to feel support here, not isolated.

That is what stood out for me, either complete lack of interest from anyone, or the woman behind him was stifling a laugh (oh look a nutjob) is clearly what she is thinking.
Yes, someone who actually give a s**t and stands up for what is right, is in his peers eyes, crazy.
That is what should concern you all - immensely - because this man is never going to get anywhere on his own is he.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
This should happen constantly in our government. Damn that would be awesome to watch. Our representatives completely flipping their [snip] over what they feel is wrong.

Congressman Weiner D-NY did this:

This should be the norm, not the exception. It would definitely make C-Span much more fun to watch.

Ah...Good Old Anthony Weiner! That certainly goes a long way in redeeming him of his little....um....incident involving his...um....weiner. God....Makes me miss Clinton! All the best politicians are a tiny bit perverted in some way or another it would seem.....While all the worse ones act like sexual intercourse is something they experimented with once in college, but decided they weren't really into it that much.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual

BOOST SMASH PUNY REPRESENTATIVES!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join