It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ILLINOIS REP LOSES IT on House Floor

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
reply to post by Reflection

If you're going to be a technical douche about it, we live in an oligarchical plutocracy.

Unfortunately in one sentence this guy is pretty much correct. We live under the rule of money, welcome to the 21st century. Law means nothing anymore except to people that it determines are in violation of it.

Anyone who doesn't believe our nation is moved by people with paper and self interest are deluding themselves. Capitalism has become our system of governance whether you want to admit it or not. You've got to be stupid to think these people have your interests in mind.
edit on 30-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by yadda333

I Do you even care, or are you only interested in mocking people who admire principles and emotional conviction?

Cult leaders have emotional conviction.

Hitler had emotional conviction.

I think you're going down a bad road.

So we should all be benign and sit quietly and behave ourselves. Good plan.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Like others have said,as great as it is to see this guy actually speaking his mind,its amazing seeing the other "pollys" just sitting there like zombies,absolutely disgusting...

And these are the people we "elect" to speak OUR minds?

Yer right...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

It's a representative democratic republic, or at least it supposed to be I guess. Who the hell knows what America is supposed to be anymore.

There see? Don't know why you flamed me, we agree.

RE PUBLIC: (RE)presentative of the (PUBLIC). How it was set up anyway.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Whilst it could be construed as political showboating, it does seem genuine - fair play to him in any case for raising the issues and saying enough is enough. The reactions of his peers is disheartening though, they look like they're trying to distance themselves from him.

I thought British parliament was rowdy! It's certainly quiet in Congress asides from him, our parliament would be chaotic.
edit on 31-5-2012 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by RSF77

It's a representative democratic republic, or at least it supposed to be I guess. Who the hell knows what America is supposed to be anymore.

There see? Don't know why you flamed me, we agree.

RE PUBLIC: (RE)presentative of the (PUBLIC). How it was set up anyway.

Yea, pretty much. America is not what it was intended to be, tell me your are trying to come to some good point here?

American politics is so messed up it might as well be Jersey shore, you got any ideas on how to fix this crap?

Sorry if I flamed you but that's just part of being on the internet.
edit on 31-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I love how the video has over a thousand likes on it but Youtube says it only has 304 views.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I have an idea for you, my friend. Actually go out and do the research and come back here with an actual argument. Calling people idiots has never been considered an effective means of communication. Funny how you're so brilliant and all and yet you haven't figured that one out.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
qctimes.com/illinois-lawmaker-rants-on-house-floor/vmix_a1583532-aa43-11e1-9282-0019bb2963f4.html

this website has a short insight into the reason for his outburst, if it hasn't already been said.

Illinois Rep. Mike Bost, R-Murphysboro expresses outrage on the House floor when Democrats ignored Republican attempts to remove school districts from a cost-shifting plan over concerns it could result in property tax increases.

edit on 31-5-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

It's on video so really you should be able to determine it from the context of what the guy is saying, he is speaking plain english after all. From what I could tell he wasn't necessarily talking about any specific bill?

There have been a load of people implying that this guy was trying to pass something secretly, honestly I don't know how the hell anyone came to that conclusion by watching his rant.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Obama anyone? Shoving NATIONAL healthcare
down everyone's throat where tax payers money
will be paying even for illegals healthcare ?

Talk about right wing rhetoric. That is irrelevant to this discussion and at most, an attempt to derail the thread. National healthcare is essential to 'developed' capitalist states.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

well the link to the video was kinda poor quality or my mac is just a pos.

I'm just posting what some website in the area had to say about it.
here ill post it again.

Illinois Rep. Mike Bost, R-Murphysboro expresses outrage on the House floor when Democrats ignored Republican attempts to remove school districts from a cost-shifting plan over concerns it could result in property tax increases

that is what pushed him to explode according to the qctimes

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by RSF77

well the link to the video was kinda poor quality or my mac is just a pos.

I'm just posting what some website in the area had to say about it.
here ill post it again.

Illinois Rep. Mike Bost, R-Murphysboro expresses outrage on the House floor when Democrats ignored Republican attempts to remove school districts from a cost-shifting plan over concerns it could result in property tax increases

that is what pushed him to explode according to the qctimes

Funny, when I watched the video I didn't hear 'em say anything about it.

You think it could possibly be political propaganda?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Illinois lawmaker explodes in anger on statehouse floor; quotes Moses from biblical film, 'Let my people go!' (VIDEO)

A Republican Illinois state lawmaker blew his top on the statehouse floor on Tuesday, unleashing a frothing tirade that would have made Howard Beale blush.

Rep. Mike Bost (R-Murphysboro) tossed a copy of a Democratic-led pension reform bill in the air in disgust, complaining that the bill had arrived on the house floor before lawmakers had a chance to read it.

“I'm sick of it!” a red-faced Bost screamed, according to footage posted on YouTube.

“These damn bills that come out here all the damn time, come out here at the last second! I’ve got to try to figure out how to vote for my people? You should be ashamed of yourselves!”

The bill — officially Senate Bill 1673 — was approved by a state pension committee just a few hours before it arrived on the floor for debate, according to local reports.

The bill included a plan to shift the burden of the state’s pension costs from Chicago residents to suburban and downstate districts, a plan the Republicans oppose, the Herald & Review newspaper reported.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... ocalLinksEnabled=false

edit on 31-5-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It's not clear exactly what this has to do with what he started off saying, "Total power in one person's hands..."

Anybody know?
edit on 31-5-2012 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
I love how the video has over a thousand likes on it but Youtube says it only has 304 views.

Youtube holds the view count at 300 views until a certain amount of time has passed to prevent bot usage.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nOraKat

He was talking about the influence the house speaker holds

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

State Rep. Mike Bost (R-Murphysboro) rails against House Speaker Michael Madigan while Republicans tried unsuccessfully to amend the pension overhaul bill this week.

The truth is Mike Madigan does have too much power here in Illinois (and is corrupt) and the same idiots who have been running this states for decades are still doing the same old crap and things arent changing... Of course republicans would get frustrated being out numbered in a highly democratic state...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
When legislators are not given time to study legislation and have to vote on it unread . . . stupid stuff gets passed with sneaky ammendments thrown in and little add ins that would never make it through on their own merit.

This representative did a good job. When government is a shambles, it should be seen to be a shambles.

The other legislators should be sentenced to receive wedgies on the State Capitol lawn.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join