You see what they do is sneak things that have nothing to do with original bill (or name) in order to take even more freedoms without giving our reps
a chance to read them.
They just casually go over what the bill is for (usually a good cause) and forget to mention certain things added to the bill that will give them more
money or more power over the people.
I know there are certain bills where details need to be drawn out, but seriously, unless someone is trying to hide something they wouldn't have a 200+
page bill given only hours or minutes before they are to vote on it.
So here is my bill.
Writing Bills Act.
This Act of of "so and so" congress is meant to give both the citizens and their Representative an understanding of the legislation acts that are
presented before congress so that a proper decision can be made.
1. All Bills will involve a single subject matter,
2. All Bills must involve a summery and include a quick list of changes this law will create
3. Unless there is a state of emergency Declared which requires this Act to be passed, all Bills written must be available to the public and
legislation No Earlier than 30 prior to the vote on the bill.
4. In the case of an Emergency a public meeting shall be held explaining the purpose of the Bill.
5. In the case of an Emergency the emergency Act must available to all people at a minimum of 24 hours prior to any vote.
6. All Representatives and citizens must be informed of a pending Act.
7. If an Act is passed any Representative has the right to call for a vote by the people.
8. If the Bill is voted on by the public, Legislatures must adhere to the peoples wants
9. No bill shall be written that exceeds 25 pages in length at a font no smaller than 10 px.
10.Legislative bodies shall give themselves no exceptions or privileges to any act passed.
I know I know, it's not properly written, but you get the point.
I was able to write a bill that could be read in matter of a couple minutes and fit in this post. See how easy it is.
edit on 31-5-2012 by
tw0330 because: (no reason given)