It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ILLINOIS REP LOSES IT on House Floor

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Why on earth do you need a 200 page bill anyway? 200 pages for what? For a load of crap basically. These lawmakers are just a corrupt joke, glad to see the clip and hope things work out for him and his people in some way.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
amazing, inspiring, awesome, these words can't describe what I feel when I watch that rant. why can't more politicians be this animated maybe things would get done if more of these officials speak up against the establishment
if he ran for president he would definitely get my vote.............................wow now which representative will stand up for disclosure in the same manner?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

you got any ideas on how to fix this crap?

Doing what we are doing, I guess.
Keep countering the lies with the truth...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

Originally posted by yadda333

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by yadda333

I Do you even care, or are you only interested in mocking people who admire principles and emotional conviction?

Cult leaders have emotional conviction.

Hitler had emotional conviction.

I think you're going down a bad road.
edit on 5/30/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

Ooooh boy.

Here we go with the ol' "EVERYONE I DON'T AGREE WITH IS HITLER!!
" bit.

No, that's not what I am implying at all. Reading comprehension is key. Er, actually just reading is key.

When this thread first started the majority of posters had no idea what the guy was saying, who he was, or where this was taking place.

A couple of us pointed this out and were then told it didn't matter what the message was--it only mattered that it was emotional. Surely everyone can see what is wrong with that mindset.

And this is all coming from people who love to throw around the ATS motto (I'm not going to type it because it has been abused so many times that I feel like smashing office equipment every time I read it on here).

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Why on earth do you need a 200 page bill anyway? 200 pages for what? For a load of crap basically. These lawmakers are just a corrupt joke, glad to see the clip and hope things work out for him and his people in some way.

They make it 200+ pages because they know most people won't bother to read something like that. I know I sure in hell wouldn't.

Nice video...power to the people.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm really late to the thread but that.... was... AWESOME. I like how the woman behind him was all smug about his breakdown. It's people like her that dont take the constituion or deficit issues seriously.
edit on 31-5-2012 by 31Bravo because: Droid typos.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

That was awesome!
I really can't think of any other instance where a politician just said 'f*** it! this is how I feel'. It was definitely very refreshing to see something like this. Thanks to the OP! S+F

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You see what they do is sneak things that have nothing to do with original bill (or name) in order to take even more freedoms without giving our reps a chance to read them.

They just casually go over what the bill is for (usually a good cause) and forget to mention certain things added to the bill that will give them more money or more power over the people.

I know there are certain bills where details need to be drawn out, but seriously, unless someone is trying to hide something they wouldn't have a 200+ page bill given only hours or minutes before they are to vote on it.

So here is my bill.

Writing Bills Act.

This Act of of "so and so" congress is meant to give both the citizens and their Representative an understanding of the legislation acts that are presented before congress so that a proper decision can be made.

1. All Bills will involve a single subject matter,

2. All Bills must involve a summery and include a quick list of changes this law will create

3. Unless there is a state of emergency Declared which requires this Act to be passed, all Bills written must be available to the public and legislation No Earlier than 30 prior to the vote on the bill.

4. In the case of an Emergency a public meeting shall be held explaining the purpose of the Bill.

5. In the case of an Emergency the emergency Act must available to all people at a minimum of 24 hours prior to any vote.

6. All Representatives and citizens must be informed of a pending Act.

7. If an Act is passed any Representative has the right to call for a vote by the people.

8. If the Bill is voted on by the public, Legislatures must adhere to the peoples wants

9. No bill shall be written that exceeds 25 pages in length at a font no smaller than 10 px.

10.Legislative bodies shall give themselves no exceptions or privileges to any act passed.

I know I know, it's not properly written, but you get the point.

I was able to write a bill that could be read in matter of a couple minutes and fit in this post. See how easy it is.
edit on 31-5-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If just half of the people we elect would act like this then maybe something would get done. It's long overdue to change the U.S. government, it has to be done, and soon, or these evil people are going to lead us into a nuclear war with the world. And for what? We all now know for what, and for who---the very same people who control everything. It's time for them to go so we can get America back to the way it was or atleast to some type of normalcy.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Holy! 150+ flags. Thanks!

This is like my 8th front page story in the last 3 months!

Now, time to start reading all the posts

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Great post! We have to start voting out "Career" politicians and getting the lobbies out and get back our country. We have lost our national pride and have become a nation of lemmings. Make it you plan, if they are in, they get voted out. If they are doing a good job give them one more term and then vote them out. Term limits must apply to all and we need a third party at least.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If the whole issue of expecting our reps to vote without an opportunity to read the bill being voted on isn't bad enough, the "lack" of emotion and apathy displayed by his peers was very telling and disturbing.

He deserved a "standing" ovation, but not a peep of support? Does that mean the other Senators are "comfortable" voting on bills they have no chance to read and understand fully? Are the "perks" of being a Senator so lucrative most will sell thier "souls" ?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

That was a great post, just common sence, is that too much to ask?
edit on 31-5-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Frustrations within the system are starting to distend the fragile vessel of democracy.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
This guy is really amazing..

Most these bills these guys never even have
a chance to read.. (like the healthcare bill)
then they are expected to tow the party line
on it whatever the hell it is, without them being
able to know what the hell it is they are really voting for.

To quote Nancy Pelosi: "We have to pass this bill in order to know what's in it". Sad and the goofs in her district continue to re-elect her.

People, we have got to start treating these politicians with a "one and done" attitude. "Career Politician?" Not what our founding fathers had in mind. You were supposed to leave your farm for a term, finish your term and come back home. It's nuts how long some of these people have been in power. Let's not wait for a law to force them out, LET US BE THE ONES TO DO IT.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Now I am losing it in your damn statehouse. Frontier wireless had better get the # out of my Military family right the # now stop taking our calls stop abusing us stop interrupting our calls and making it so I can't even call my family. This means you Hughes and Cruz I am not #ing with you little bitches anymore I will wipe you off this God Damned Planet!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Time to start Forging a uhhh "Well Regulated Militia" ....Racism and Homophobia will bring this country to CIVIL WAR

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Crimson Flame Sends His Regards

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This dude is cray as hell...I love it! So so gangsta at the end...lol!!! He just throws the mic down and sits down like..."Who then now bitches?"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Haha
that definitely moved this video to my all time, top five favorite internet videos. This guy is a BOSS

Reppin'...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join