It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ILLINOIS REP LOSES IT on House Floor

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Here's a lot more about what happened and why:

news.yahoo.com...

For those that missed it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I like how the other members don't move as he shout and punches.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
Here's a lot more about what happened and why:

news.yahoo.com...

For those that missed it.

What i find interesting is

Hemmer closed the interview by joking that Bost would be interesting company at a Chicago Bears game.

Bear

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimmerSam
That guy was acting like a psycho, surely he will be voted out next election for acting like that. What a jackass! Was he smoking "Bath Salts" or something?

Really? Thats your opinion?
My opinion is that he is simply saying what the population of earth is thinking. Time is fast approaching for the end of the system of things that are directing everyone in the wrong way.

Just wait......patience is KEY.
When he returns, those of the system of things will be hurled into the very same place as who he was refering to as "he was there"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Mike Bost is a Republican member of the Illinois House of Representatives, representing the 115th district where he has served since 1995. Bost was a firefighter before entering politics and becoming a full-time state legislator and business owner. He graduated from Murphysboro High School, attended the University of Illinois Certified Firefighter II Academy, and served in the United States Marine Corps (1979–82). He and his wife Tracy have three children and six grandchildren. Bost sponsors many firearm bills in support of the right to bear arms. He was a passionate opponent of former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich. In May 2012, upset over a bill to overhaul state pensions, Bost screamed and threw papers on the Illinois House floor because the House was only given twenty minutes to review and vote on a two-hundred page bill

wikipedia

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Nice to see all these people in this thread giving all these stars and flags to support a christian
. In case you people didn't notice the referrence to Moses in Egypt saying "let my people go!"

I bet if they knew the guy was a christian they wouldn't have starred or flagged you Calgarian.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I only have one thing to say..

I like the way this man does bitness!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Any logical person can see it's completely unreasonable to expect anyone to make an informed vote and digest a 200 page bill in 20 mins., the only thing we can conclude, as did this Senator , is that the intent of the speaker of the house was to push through an agenda without any discussion between the people and those we elect to vote on our behalf.

I'm so tired of these unethical, sneaky ways these bills are being pushed through. something is very "fishy" when Senators have no time to read a bill before voting, oh and I love the bills that get passed on Holidays and under the cover of darkness...THEN we are now obligated to abide by these laws we had NO say in?

This man called them out in a very public and passionate manner.....and he was effective in raising awarness of just how corrupt our system of government truely is....and now the Executive branch has willfully, and with "intent" made it perfectly clear that they will overide our constitutional rights to be represented fairly. We should all be as pissed as HELL...I respect this man.

p.s. you can bet these bills are drafted by lawyers with the intent to confuse matters, and make it impossible for someone without a law degree to fully understand, things are snuck it that "muddle" the issues at hand,,,any bill that reguires 200 pages is probably "riddled" with nonscence, and "cover thier ass" loopholes.
edit on 31-5-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Mike Bost is a hard charging devil dog and he does right by his constituents. We need more pols like this. Unfortunately this kind of demeanor and common sense usually excludes one from a ticket inside the beltway.

Semper Fi!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I leaned it the hard way, now this entire country and indeed the world is learning it. There's some people that MUST be forcably stopped. They will NOT stop themselves. They are incapable of it. No matter how much bad they've done, how much genocide, how much outright evil. They will NOT stop doing it until forced to stop by an outside force. That's you and me folks.
Love won't stop them. Reasoning with them won't stop them. Showing them the mountains of evidence their dirty deeds do won't stop them. They must be physically, forcably stopped.
Tough lesson to learn in life. Until we apply it on a national scale and worldly scale, in slavery we will remain.
Doc
No man wins when freedom fails
The best men rot in filthy jails
While those who cried "Appease, Appease".
Are hanged by those they sought to please.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

some one already said it but i will repeat it... no one gave a poo about what he had to say. they did not flinch and they seemed to just want him to shut up so they can go home. hahahah very sad indeed

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
There is no place in our present government for people who are actually for the people. I think there was a mistake made where a conscientious person was elected and was allowed to comment. This guy won't get anything accomplished which is evident by the reactions of the other people there.

Maybe the other people should be investigated for their nonsupport of the voters who put them in office.
Yeah right, as if people would ever admit they picked the wrong person to watch after them. It's well known that many people will vote for someone if they are led to believe that the person will win the election. Seems like us humans like to be on the winning team. This guy is part of his team, the people who he represents. The others there that avoided the issue were only out to please the other congressmen there, not the voters that elected them. I like to see someone finally get sick of the political game that exists and say what they feels. I'd vote for that guy if he was from my area. Actually I think what he was concerned about was a legitimate cause, that's important.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I LOVE this guy!! It is refreshing to see someone who is empathetic and not brain dead pissed for his constituency!

Thank you sir! Can I have another?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
i mean this when i say it, it's good to know some one cares.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Untill the American public becomes outraged and care nothing about the consequence, the same 'business as usual' will be allowed to flourish and subvert and deny our freedoms. And when we have nothing to loose........ that is when either it will be too late, or the people will be called to Arms and use force to reclaim their Liberty. And that is as the Founding Fathers intended it to work. You can say... "what have I done?" ... I am a vet, and at sixty, I might not be able physically as I once was, but I will continue to uphold the Oath I took in a old wooden room, to protect the United Stated from enemies foreign AND domestic. I will lend support to fight the subversion threatening all that our nation stands for. That is what I have and will do, what will you do?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
A big tactic employed by our government is deceit. Things can be added into bills and shielded from the eyes of our elected representatives. These bills need to have a simple paragraph that says exactly what they do and their creators should be held accountable for deceit held within the following text. Sometimes this accountability should be treated as treason with severe punishment. More and less complex legislation that is down to the point is better and tends to have less pork attached. Our countries complicated policy are a magnet for deceitful spending.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I remeber hearing something about the freeman movement on a youtube video and the guy was talking about the great fire of london . As the city burned lawyers were in the archives entering in new laws , acts and statutes that would allow greater corruption and servitude of the people.

20 mins to read a 200 page bill and understand it and what that means for your constituents is terrible.
How are they expected to even vote honestly and fairly and with an understanding on what they are voting for or against.

I agree its designed to impede our rights , and to protect the system from harm against us !

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
meh, election season..

duck season fire!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Is that why nothing gets done in Congress, A man nearly impoldes, and the people next to him sit there, like they are in a coma

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by yadda333

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by yadda333

I Do you even care, or are you only interested in mocking people who admire principles and emotional conviction?

Cult leaders have emotional conviction.

Hitler had emotional conviction.

I think you're going down a bad road.

So we should all be benign and sit quietly and behave ourselves. Good plan.

To recap:

You don't care what the message is. You only care that it was emotional. You admire emotion.

I understand this is the internet and therefore don't expect you to agree, but what you are saying is phenomenally stupid. I have given examples of why this is stupid. I'll leave it at that.
edit on 5/31/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join