It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List your 3 worst celebrities that epitomise all that is wrong with the world

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
List your 3 worst celebrities that epitomise all that is wrong with the world, simple thread really. I just wanted to see if most people came up with the same answers.

Mine are

Kim Kardashian
Lady Gaga
Will.I.am

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
jedward (that counts as one right) - the most annoying combo of stupidity and energy i have ever seen.
simon cowel - for all of his creations
peirs morgan - many reasons, one for being a whining git when clarkson punched him.

edit on 30/5/2012 by listerofsmeg because: reasons

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I'm not sure Lady Gaga fits your list. Sure she is unique/weird, but the stuff she does outside music show there she is more than that. You'll see more normal and approachable side of her in this video for example.

Maybe you should mention what exactly you dislike on those 3 names?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Jordan

Entire cast of Towie, Geordie Shore, Jersey Shore, Teen Mom, etc (counting them as one)

Chantelle Houghton

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I immediately thought of Kim and Gaga as well before even opening this thread upon only seeing the title.

For a third... the entire collective of reality TV 'stars.'

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Entire cast of Towie, Geordie Shore, Jersey Shore, Teen Mom, etc (counting them as one)

it does count as one, one working human brain between the lot.

i actuall sat through a bit of towie, what the hell has happened to TV?!?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I understand Kim Kardashian but Lady Gaga isnt even in the same category. Sure she dresses like a lunatic and goes for shock value but at least she sends out the message to be yourself. Hardly a crime against the world. I would have to go with ...

Kim Kardashian
Jennifer Lopez
Donald Trump

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Most. If not ALL of them.
They are all guilty of continuing the celebrity worship so prevalent in our society.

All of the people pointed out here, have millions and millions of watchers.
No content
No educational benefit
Not even fun to watch, its mostly crap...

Especially reality TV. Jersey shore. Teen mom. Some other one called like "my princess" or something. It almost made me vomit when i watched it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Paris Hilton -
The entire cast of Jersey shore -
anyone with the last name of kardashian(sp?)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I have to disagree with you on Lady Gaga and Will.i.am i think they are both talented musicians and entertainers even though they are not to my taste. Would agree 100% with Kim Kardishian also go for Jordan(Katie Price) and Kerry Katona, also Simon Cowell deserves to be in there.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LobeDethFaurt
Paris Hilton -
The entire cast of Jersey shore -
anyone with the last name of kardashian(sp?)

Oh ... good call on Jersey Shore. They are worse than Lopez. My updated list is ...

Kim Kardashian
Donald Trump
the cast of Jersey Shore

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I would, but speaking their name(s) is strongly against my moral philosophy.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Sara Palin; intellectual emptiness pretending profundity

Dennis Miller: something sad but engaging watching a ex-comic laugh at what he thinks are jokes

Rush Limbaugh: brash unintellectual bully

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Floyd Mayweather, Jr
Donald Trump
Snooki/Paris Hilton

3 is just too small of a number...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I am putting Chantelle Houghton forward again. Really, she isn't even a celebrity. For those that don't know (hopefully the majority) she is a normal person that was put in the celeb BB house years ago as a joke - to try and fool the other celebs in there that she was famous.

As there was a bit of a backlash over here to reality tv at the time, we Brits thought it would be funny if she actually ended winning the show, which she duly did by a fairly large margin.

Years later, she is still in all the magazines, etc, as a bona fide celebrity.

Now, i hate celebrity culture / worship as much as the next person but puurrleease.........if you are gonna go in for that sort of thing, at least make it worship of a proper celebrity!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The reason why I selected Lady Gaga was because she strikes me as being more about the hype, attention whoring, and publicity stunts more than the music.

Her music actually sounds very generic to me and like any other dance song I'd hear in a club. Hearing a song from her on the radio for the first time, I wouldn't even know it was anything special until the DJ made a big deal that was LG's new one.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Paris Hilton - a self absorbed &$^#@ that is only known because of one thing...money.

Kim Kardashian - exposes herself for the sake of fame and money

Justin Bieber - another boy-product for the big corps. Also, how is it possible for a girl to get away with being a guy on this magnitude?
edit on 30-5-2012 by Brad-H because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Fair enough. Its your list and I whole-heartedly agree that her music is nothing special at all. Personally I just dont care to much about her one way or the other.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I did think about not posting even although some of the names here hit a very raw spot with me, not wanting to be negative and all that, but what the hell....the first one winds me up so much I can't help it...

DONALD TRUMP!!!! for lots of reasons....that hair, that arrogance, that gob, the schmoozing with politicians, what he's done to Balmedie, and the fact that he's named his kid Baron. 'Nuff said there I think.

Victoria Beckham. Talentless, unless it comes to making money, but not stupid. I just want to feed her macaroni pies till she makes it out of anorexia, and that silly pout just makes me mental.

Jordan. Dear God, what can I say...I hold her alone personally responsible for having to look at teenage girls dressed and made up like whores in the name of fashion and celebrity. It makes me sick.

I feel so much better now...thank you for the thread!

edit on 30-5-2012 by caitlinfae because: of crappy typos again...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join