It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof ATS is being watched!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If you want proof that the US government wastes time, money and man power, look no further then this program. Can you imagine the resources put into following every hit, spying on every innocent comment that contains those words. It's baffling. What ever happened to the government's campaign against Fraud, Waste, and Abuse?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If true, I must check the most wanted list soon to see if StealthyKat is there. I use most of those words daily
How ridiculous....this world is getting crazier by the day.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
On my airplane ride from San Diego to El Paso we had to make an emergency landing at Yuma due to extreme weather, tornadoes and an engine failure!!

Our flight was then cancelled but they sent another airplane from Tuscon to pick us up because they were smart and were mitigating the potential for irate passengers due to the service disruption we were facing.

We landed in El Paso and everyone had yummy pork chops but then there was a horrible outbreak of gas amongst the passengers because the pork chops were also served with re-fried beans from the Mexican army.

All turned out well though because we got some white powderish looking antacid then and we all felt great relief.

The end.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Well that cant be all the words because i didnt see extraterrestrial, UFO or flying saucer up there

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
more proof would be all the threads here at ats/cia/nsa/fbi/dhs that get 404ed because the topic is above top secret everyday I get more proof we live on a prison planet freedom of speech and even freewill itself is an illusion we were born into bondage but like neo we all are the one and we will overcome the system of the matrix

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyevision

Originally posted by ConspiraCity

i came out of my mothers vagina just like everyone else..
edit on 29-5-2012 by thirdeyevision because: (no reason given)

wait.....so we all came from.....I mean wouldn't that........
......nevermind *mindbleach*

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

Oh, you youngsters!
We that were on line in the early days of the internet went through the same thing with the Carnivore program and its list that was to do the exact same things. This business didn't start with 9/11, it merely gave them the reason for increasing the control. I'll leave it at that.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Funny, I don't see the word "Anonymous" anywhere on that list.
But if I say the word "Snow", I am going to be watched?
Um...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I read the "Analyst Desktop Binder" to make sure I had this in context. The list of "keywords and search terms" seems to make complete sense if taken in context.

I don't see a story here?

Are you saying you don't want them to do anything at all? How do you propose they do their jobs instead? Your in charge, how do you monitor the Internet for signs of a threat? Bear in mind these are "keywords and search terms" for Items of Interest reports.

I wonder; how many people do you think it would take to monitor all Internet traffic and postings worldwide? Ten, twelve billion perhaps?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I spammed out that list the moment I was aware of it months ago. Every now and then I spam it out again so they get the hint that their computers will not work if we sick the spam defense on them. Spy on that mutha****ers!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
good thing that we are all terrorists now because of these ridiculous lists. really, who doesn't use half these words everyday in conversation this day, and age. so, because I use the words like "water" or "cloud" I could be labeled a terrorist. the land of the free is no longer the land of the free.

Yes, that means they have to spend a lot of time analyzing the context of everything. The keywords flag a communication and then they look closer. Let's just say it's like pouring alphabet soup into a strainer, and if any of the words are left in the strainer, then they examine things closer and see how it is used.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand

I spammed out that list the moment I was aware of it months ago. Every now and then I spam it out again so they get the hint that their computers will not work if we sick the spam defense on them. Spy on that mutha****ers!

To do what? Help protect Terrorists and others who are planning to harm people? What is your goal?

I don't see a threat to anyone not engaged in bad things.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I read the "Analyst Desktop Binder" to make sure I had this in context. The list of "keywords and search terms" seems to make complete sense if taken in context.

I don't see a story here?

Are you saying you don't want them to do anything at all? How do you propose they do their jobs instead? Your in charge, how do you monitor the Internet for signs of a threat? Bear in mind these are "keywords and search terms" for Items of Interest reports.

I wonder; how many people do you think it would take to monitor all Internet traffic and postings worldwide? Ten, twelve billion perhaps?

Sure the computers filter out the keywords, but look how many key words they have to analyze for context? I'm sure it would require a lot of manpower. But why should they bother at all if it took as many as you said?
Americans have become the target by having to feel watched all the time. Is that really the life our Founding Fathers envisioned? To me, being watched and spied on continually and in newer ways is a terrible blight on our society. Menwith Hill watches everything from faxes to cell phones to landlines to computer nodes and servers. And then GPS can track our cell phones and even our cars.
The govt can attach a little black box to an ISP and listen to all the traffic if just one person on that ISP network is a target. That program is called Carnivore.
Remember that whole cash for clunkers thing, and how it got exposed that the website had people clicking on a waiver giving the govt ownership of their computer and files? Is that not one of the most devious things? Aren't you glad that was exposed?
What dumbell who was plotting something serious would click on that waiver to trade in a car?

I love your posts but this one I gotta disagree. '
Orwell's 1984
edit on 29-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
I think the old center is on the west coast. I guess they needed to expand operations and make it less vulnerable to sea attack.

www.wired.com...

Text
Under construction by contractors with top-secret clearances, the blandly named Utah Data Center is being built for the National Security Agency. A project of immense secrecy, it is the final piece in a complex puzzle assembled over the past decade. Its purpose: to intercept, decipher, analyze, and store vast swaths of the world’s communications as they zap down from satellites and zip through the underground and undersea cables of international, foreign, and domestic networks. The heavily fortified $2 billion center should be up and running in September 2013. Flowing through its servers and routers and stored in near-bottomless databases will be all forms of communication, including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Google searches, as well as all sorts of personal data trails—parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital “pocket litter.” It is, in some measure, the realization of the “total information awareness” program created during the first term of the Bush administration—an effort that was killed by Congress in 2003 after it caused an outcry over its potential for invading Americans’ privacy.

But “this is more than just a data center,” says one senior intelligence official who until recently was involved with the program. The mammoth Bluffdale center will have another important and far more secret role that until now has gone unrevealed. It is also critical, he says, for breaking codes. And code-breaking is crucial, because much of the data that the center will handle—financial information, stock transactions, business deals, foreign military and diplomatic secrets, legal documents, confidential personal communications—will be heavily encrypted. According to another top official also involved with the program, the NSA made an enormous breakthrough several years ago in its ability to cryptanalyze, or break, unfathomably complex encryption systems employed by not only governments around the world but also many average computer users in the US. The upshot, according to this official: “Everybody’s a target; everybody with communication is a target.”

When 9/11 happened, then Director Hayden realized that all the NSA's "eggs were in on basket" with the Fort Meade HQ doing the vast majority of the analyzing and storage of information. So they diversified.

Since then they''re building new facilities in Utah and San Antonio Tx and upgraded old facilities in Fort Gordon Ga, San Antonio Tx (Medina facility), and Wahiawa Hi.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by TheLastStand

To do what? Help protect Terrorists and others who are planning to harm people? What is your goal?

I don't see a threat to anyone not engaged in bad things.

Once they target you, you could be on a permanent list of surveillance or no-fly zone. We are all basically under surveillance now as it stands. Privacy is important, it sure is to me and lots of other people. Why should I have to share the details of my personal life with someone who is processing all my credit card transactions to see if I'm doing something naughty?
Oh yah credit card transactions and store purchases are tracked too.
Did you ever hear of TIA? It was Admiral Poindexter's plan to connect all major databases which store health info, traffic data, credit cards, and more to one giant supercomputer which would keep dossiers on everyone. It was shot down by Congress to their great credit.
The logo on the webpage had the classic eye in the capstone watching over the world in surveillance. I thought it was rather creepy.

And look at all the tracking Google and fb can do now. The ISP has to give up data to the govt without telling the client.
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.google.com... 0CF4QsAQ&biw=1041&bih=550

And by the way, the t i a logo is embedded in ATS so apparently people here are aware of it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
They actually added the word "Pork" to the list. So if I'm creating a cooking recipe or anything at all where the word pork is mentioned, I must be an evil pork minded terrorist with the intention of porking up the good ole USA!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Either we are going to clean up out government from the top down, or we can expect to become a slave nation. If this persists, what will it be like in a decade? I predict that before then we would have collapsed as a nation much like the USSR did.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
hahahaha PORK! catch me if you can

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MushroomWig
Subway, but I love to eat there.

Regardless, I'm not American or live in America so this really doesn't apply to me. Good luck guys.

You think this happens only in America? I live in India man. It's certain the government polices the internet here. A few weeks ago a professor was arrested for no reason, just 'cause he uploaded political graffiti on facebook and distributed them hand to hand. It's hushed up as of now

There's no escape from the surveillance. You're subjected to it regardless of whichever part o' the world you live in.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
Either we are going to clean up out government from the top down, or we can expect to become a slave nation. If this persists, what will it be like in a decade? I predict that before then we would have collapsed as a nation much like the USSR did.

if that happens I got dibs on "supreme overlord of california"

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join