It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Owns Christian Nutcase

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

How can people believe such illogical nonsense?

She acts like the idea of putting a group of people in a concentration is nothing and everyone should just move past it to the real point of his argument, which was... uh...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

The well doesn't run too deep with this one. Doesn't appear she is capable of thinking.

CJ
edit on 28-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Somebody needs to slap her upside the head

+11 more 
posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Christians in the Deep South are the closest thing to Neanderthals that you will ever see.

Unbelievable.

edit on 28-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Ya know, it's been said that freedom is not free; you have to fight for it. Well, I think it should be the same for Freedom of Speech. If one is uneducated they shouldn't be given this right automatically. Freedom of speech has to be earned, just like everything else in life. We should all have to carry an I.Q. card that proves we've taken a test. Take the woman in the clip, for instance. If her I.Q. card showed her I.Q. to be 70, then it should be illegal for her to give an opinion in public, and it should be illegal for her to be interviewed on television.

Sorry, we can't interview you because you're stupid.

+18 more 
posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Seems like poor journalism to me. This woman is obviously incapable of arguing the pastor's position, so why not go to the pastor himself? He would probably have the best chance of defending his statement. However, it does make the pastor seem ignorant by proxy, so maybe that's what anderson cooper was aiming for. Distasteful.

I'm a Christian from the deep south, and I'm far from neanderthal. In fact, ignorant people are going to be ignorant, regardless of religion. So, that was a cheap shot, mr.

+18 more 
posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

How is it poor journalism? The followers of the pastor are just as bad as the pastor. If she agrees with him then she should have the ability to defend him and his statements. No one can justify putting gay people in concentration camps, regardless of who it was being interviewed.

But, since you are a Christian from the south your reply really isn't surprising.

edit on 28-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I was hoping to feel vindicated but here I am just feeling....incredibly sad and worried about the state of the world. What does this woman do for a living? You know? Like, how can people with these kinds of "opinions" live freely in a world like this and not get flak from everyone around them? it's just insane.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Its amazing she can dress herself and carry on a conversation as pathetic as her thoughts were.
Whenever I hear people like these fanatics speaking out against this person or that person, I can always here the hate in their voice and see it in their body language. These kind of people are seriously misled and deceived, their aggression is their nucleus and an abomination in terms of Christian teachings. They will be judged by the same measure that they measure out.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If you made a statement and I heard it, would you consider it fair for me to go on and try to explain what you meant? More so, would you like to be held accountable for my explanation of your statement?
There is risk that I can misrepresent what you said or falsely presume your reasoning. Especially if I'm as ignorant as this woman.

Seems like poor journalism because he should've gone to the pastor for the pastor's explanation of the pastor's sermon. Not some yokel in the pew.

+3 more 
posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The women was being interviewed on HER support of the pastors statement. Why SHE agreed with him, why SHE is a member of that church and HOW it relates to Christianity. The interview was not about the pastor at all.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

The women was being interviewed on HER support of the pastors statement. Why SHE agreed with him, why SHE is a member of that church and HOW it relates to Christianity. The interview was not about the pastor at all.

But it was ON the pastor's statement so... it WAS about the pastor after all.
Way to fall into anderson cooper's journalism ploy.
Isn't really surprising since you are black.

See what I did there? Personal attacks don't accomplish much.

+4 more 
posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

LOL

Could you be anymore of a stereotype? A southern Christian that is apologetic to gay bashers and believes in racist stereotypes?

edit on 28-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

LOL

Could you be anymore of a stereotype? A southern Christian that hates gays and black people?

I was trying to make you see the benefit of your attack earlier

But, since you are a Christian from the south your reply really isn't surprising.

Hypocritical much? I've made my point, but you resort to attacking the messenger and ignoring my argument, so I'm done. You aren't worth the time.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Cooper is pretty unethical. He hates religion and anyone who doesn't agree with his position.

While I agree this person has some insane views, so do some gay rights supporters.

How about gay right supporters who want to treat anti-homosexual views as a mental illness? There's plenty of people who would want to remove children from a home if they are taught strict Christian views.

This was low hanging fruit for Anderson - let's see him pick a nutcase from the other side!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snausage
I was hoping to feel vindicated but here I am just feeling....incredibly sad and worried about the state of the world. What does this woman do for a living? You know? Like, how can people with these kinds of "opinions" live freely in a world like this and not get flak from everyone around them? it's just insane.

I couldn't agree more. It's people like her that should be put behind an electric fence, with homosexuals as guards.

+4 more 
posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

No, it really isn't.

You are basing my ablilty to comprehend journalist manipulation off my perceived skin color.

You said you are Christian and from the south. I'm making an assessment of your ability to understand the information off your BELIEF pattern as a Christian along with considering your geographical location. Those TWO things absolutely affect your ability to not see through your assumed indoctrination.

Someones skin color doesn't.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Is it prejudice to hate the southern accent? It just makes the woman in the clip sound even more stupid.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Why would you think Anderson himself is not a NUTCASE??

Anderson Cooper Biography - life, family, death, school, ...
www.notablebiographies.com/newsmakers2/2006-A-Ec/Cooper-Anderso... - Similarto Anderson Cooper Biography - life, family, death, school, ...

Apr 6, 2011 ... Education: Earned degree in political science and international relations from Yale University, 1989. Addresses: Home —New York, NY.

Cooper possesses a rather impressive pedigree for a television journalist. His father, Wyatt Cooper, was a writer from Mississippi who married the heiress to one of America's greatest fortunes, Gloria Vanderbilt, in 1964. Anderson Cooper's mother was the great-great-granddaughter of shipping and railroad tycoon Cornelius Vanderbilt, who died in 1877 and left a fortune estimated at $100 million. In her own youth, Vanderbilt had been the subject of a vicious, well-publicized custody battle, and as a young woman led a glittering social life that was also avidly chronicled in the newspapers of the day. Wyatt Cooper was her fourth husband, and Anderson was their second child, born in 1967 two years after his brother, Carter. The family lived in Manhattan.

"Certainly, growing up, there was a nice apartment and nice things in the apartment, but for me, one of the greatest privileges of my background was realizing that what a lot of people think they want will not ultimately make them happier."

He earned a degree in political science and international relations in 1989, but his senior year was preceded by a tragedy of almost unimaginable sorrow: his brother, Carter, who had been under treatment for depression, jumped out of the 14th-floor window of their mother's New York City apartment in front of her, and fell to his death. When Cooper finished his degree, he considered taking the U.S. Foreign Service examination, a common career choice given his Ivy-League major, but opted instead to become a news correspondent. He was especially eager to get into the war zone, which he admitted was indirectly linked to the family tragedy.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

And those gay-rights supporters are .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the population

There are a ton of radical Christians in the USA. Just go in MOST churches, stay in it long enough and you'll openly hear hate filled statements against gay people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join