It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Owns Christian Nutcase

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
What does any of this have to do with this thread. I mentioned the monk because it's a good example of tolerance. I don't even get your fat girl comment.

I'm slowly starting to suspect you share that nutjob woman's views...at least to some extent. It's the only explanation why you'd start using ad hominem attacks.

edit on 28-5-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

It's better to just hit alert on those types of posts (personal attacks).... trust me, I fall for them too and last night, I fell for every one that came along. I'm just in a better frame of mind tonight and hate to see you get sucked in tonight like I did last night

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

What a pathetic lady. If she spent as much time on an Ab Rocket as she did worrying about gay ppl, she may not want cake all the time.

Just kidding,

Did anyone else see the look on her face when Anderson asked her about Jews being behind the electric fence?
I swear I thought she was about to say "Well hell, shove them all up in the fince too!"

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Kinda like how a lot of people lump all Muslims (all their billions) together with a few "fringe" elements (not you).
But the christian "fringe" is now mainstream. From Liberty University, total enrollement 82,000 (including online) (yes, a university in name) quoting gods words:

One small example of the fringe. I agree with you you have to defend what you believe is right - it isn't going to get any easier. Is a political candidate for President of the United States fringe?

CJ

I don't know, as far as Romney, his Mormonism is the only positive thing I see about him. It's an established denomination of Christianity and there are very good people that are Mormon. They, in my opinion, aren't a fringe, although some of them may individually have fringe ideas.
edit on 28-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB

Way to fall into anderson cooper's journalism ploy.
Isn't really surprising since you are black.

Wow.

Real cool, bro.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I guess my point is that Liberty University SHOULD be fringe. It isn't.

CJ

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

"I can hardly argue that my religious views be respected if I am not going to respect the views of someone else. "

Time to take a powder. Get out while the getting is good.
Didn't think you had it in ya.
Star ljb

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

I guess my point is that Liberty University SHOULD be fringe. It isn't.

CJ

Possibly. I just don't know enough about it to say. However, if you see it as a fringe, then it probably is one since it doesn't fit the mainstream idea. Bob Jones has a University too, and that really scares me!!

*edit
Just looked it up... it has a "Jerry Fallwell Library", so yeah, I agree with you!!!!
edit on 28-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Being OK with babtising dead people of other religions is kinda worrying though...I mean, they sanctioned babtising Anne Frank for crying out loud. Also, I would like to know if he's a fundamentalist who believes in magic underwear. Because if that's the case, he shouldn't be anywhere the nuclear codes

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Oh this is rich-your hatred of Christians because of their beliefs about homosexuals is pretty evident-so, since you feel so strongly about it....I'll be looking forward to your next thread where you condemn Muslims for the "illogical nonsense" they believe about homosexuals....can't wait to read it!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Being OK with babtising dead people of other religions is kinda worrying though...I mean, they sanctioned babtising Anne Frank for crying out loud. Also, I would like to know if he's a fundamentalist who believes in magic underwear. Because if that's the case, he shouldn't be anywhere the nuclear codes

It's not the mainstream, but they are dedicated to those beliefs and those particular beliefs don't harm anyone, so I'm ok with them.
My understanding of the baptism of the dead is so they would be "eligible" to accept salvation but not required to. I don't know that it's necessary, but they put value on it and it doesn't harm anyone, so they can have at it I guess.
Same with the special undergarmets. They're not harming anyone, so they are welcome to them.
Just my opinion of course.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I agree with what you are saying for the most part but assumptions based off what someone says, how they dress, what they look like, where they live and what their religion is can be made without being bigoted.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Absurd ignorant reasoning. "THE FRINGE IS NOW MAIN STREAM."
Holy Crap Batman the leaf has just become the entire TREE.
Get big Pharm and the Military to END that sob
LOl LOL LOL

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I agree with what you are saying for the most part but assumptions based off what someone says, how they dress, what they look like, where they live and what their religion is can be made without being bigoted.

Anytime we make an assumption, bigotry is exactly what it is

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

1. I don't hate anyone

2. I dislike all religions equally

3. Find an entertaining video for me to post of Muslims bashing gay people and I will

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

No it isn't.

I've assumed that certain posters were male on ATS later to see that they were female. None of it had to do with holding an opinion sacred or being prejudiced. Plus bigotry has a negative scale towards hatred by definition.

Bigotry

:a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; ESPECIALLY; one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Inbreeding at it's finest ladies and gentlemen. I have to wonder just how closely this fine madame and Prophet Worley are related. They are very close on an intellectual level to be sure. As if there wasn't enough persecution in the world, both religious and otherwise.

Still, I have to wonder if they would change their tunes if someone they love was homosexual. Would they still wish for them to be placed in concentration camps and murdered?

Afterall, isn't it the job of the "faithful" to do so?

I need a beer.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

No it isn't.

I've assumed that certain posters were male on ATS later to see that they were female. None of it had to do with holding an opinion sacred or being prejudiced. Plus bigotry has a negative scale towards hatred by definition.

Bigotry

:a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; ESPECIALLY; one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

www.merriam-webster.com...

Ahhh, but why was it that you made the assumption? Was it based on a preconcieved notion of that particular group of people? Not hate-filled bigotry, but bigotry none-the-less.
I can agree that you don't fit the latter part after "Especially', yet there is an intollerance involved, just not a obstinant or hurtful/hateful one.

I'm willing to go with the term "biased" on a non-hateful level if that would be more comfortable and descriptive.
edit on 29-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

reply to post by MeesterB

How is it poor journalism? The followers of the pastor are just as bad as the pastor. If she agrees with him then she should have the ability to defend him and his statements. No one can justify putting gay people in concentration camps, regardless of who it was being interviewed.

But, since you are a Christian from the south your reply really isn't surprising.

edit on 28-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

You remember when Anderson Cooper was busted over Danny the activist? Anderson wont be getting any respects from me.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Christians in the Deep South are the closest thing to Neanderthals that you will ever see.

Unbelievable.

edit on 28-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Don't hate on Neanderthal! It's quite possible that many people in Europe (and also myself) are related to them! To me it seems more likely that they interbred with Homo Sapiens than Homo Sapiens committed genocide against them.

It would be more appropriate to compare her to the common ancestor from which chimp and human originally branched off

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeiledMoon
Inbreeding at it's finest ladies and gentlemen. I have to wonder just how closely this fine madame and Prophet Worley are related. They are very close on an intellectual level to be sure. As if there wasn't enough persecution in the world, both religious and otherwise.

Still, I have to wonder if they would change their tunes if someone they love was homosexual. Would they still wish for them to be placed in concentration camps and murdered?

Afterall, isn't it the job of the "faithful" to do so?

I need a beer.

eh, usually people who are THAT homophobic are actually gay themselves. That's why they're so preoccupied with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join