It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Owns Christian Nutcase

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by longjohnbritches

How does that exactly make him a nut case?

Not that I like him or any other MSM talking head, I just don't get how that makes him crazy.

edit on 28-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Do you have a medical diagnosis for the lady in the vid?

From a medial standpoint, she is clearly morbidly obese, other diagnosis would require an examination. I would hazard to guess low IQ, perhaps some learning disability and a bad, bad, bad case of bigotry and racism, but those are medical...maybe psychological

Oh swell now is a religous Jackass the same as low IQ??

Rabbi Says Tebow Super Bowl Win Will Lead to Mosque Burnings ...
www.theblaze.com/stories/rabbi-claims-a-tebow-superbowl-win-would-lead-chri...

Dec 15, 2011 ... Apparently it's possible to be a rabbi AND a stupid jackass at the same ...... Fifth: According to my forefathers who you can't quote because you ...

There are low IQ jackasses in every group of people since there is a distribution of IQ in the general population.
Everybody in the world can't be "above average" or it wouldn't be an "average"

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Well, judging from the interview she's demonstrably dumb...and against the Constitution.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Well, judging from the interview she's demonstrably dumb...and against the Constitution.

btw, thank you for being the other "sane" person on this thread, I appreciate your presence.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Both of you are wrong in this and both should stop. Neither of your views are acceptable. You are doing the same thing the pastor from the original video did and stereotyping an entire group based on your opinion of a few.

I would have to agree with this comment if for no other reason "exposing" bigotry and exhibiting the same flawed thinking..

Chrisitans are bad,"all of them think that way", and i am here to tell you not all of them do.
edit on 28-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

btw, thank you for being the other "sane" person on this thread, I appreciate your presence.

Thanks...I just HATE intolerance unless it's against intolerant people

Contrary to what my profile pic suggests, I don't hate religious people...just had a good chat with a monk at Wat Po temple in Thailand, and he was respecting my atheist views like I respected his. I only have an issue with people trying to force their religious views on others (teaching creationism in science classes, etc) or punishing others for not sharing their twisted bat# crazy religious views (concentration camps, suicide bombers).

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Thanks for the reply. Most of the people at my last church seemed pretty open too. I guess I was curious what the general feeling about these issues is in your church is all.

A seminal figure in my life is a relative of mine who is a nun and has given her entire life to helping poor people in a third world nation. When I volunteered there, I was amazed at her "true" christianity - and still am. All she does is live to help others and she doesn't care what denomination, nationality, whatever you are - if you want to help you are more than welcome. She and her center have been nominated for a Nobel prize. She rocks. And yet, in conversation last summer she came out with her stance against homosexuality and it blew me away. It was not positive on the gay side. She actually got visibly angry discussing it. I suppose the point is, after everything good I know of her, she has hidden some underlying fear of the issue and now it is coming out. We all can think we know what people think and feel, but often times we are wrong. No clue where this is going...

CJ
edit on 28-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

How does that exactly make him a nut case?

Not that I like him or any other MSM talking head, I just don't get how that makes him crazy.

Do you have a medical diagnosis for the lady in the vid?

From a medial standpoint, she is clearly morbidly obese, other diagnosis would require an examination. I would hazard to guess low IQ, perhaps some learning disability and a bad, bad, bad case of bigotry and racism, but those are medical...maybe psychological

Oh swell now is a religous Jackass the same as low IQ??

Rabbi Says Tebow Super Bowl Win Will Lead to Mosque Burnings ...
www.theblaze.com/stories/rabbi-claims-a-tebow-superbowl-win-would-lead-chri...

Dec 15, 2011 ... Apparently it's possible to be a rabbi AND a stupid jackass at the same ...... Fifth: According to my forefathers who you can't quote because you ...

There are low IQ jackasses in every group of people since there is a distribution of IQ in the general population.
Everybody in the world can't be "above average" or it wouldn't be an "average"

Sweet! CHANGE the OP to stupid fat girl. Learn that America STILL practices freedom OF religion. The fact that she claims to be Christian negates your offensive rhetoric aimed at Christianity.
See how far the thread would endure.
BIGOTS suck ljb
PS how many of them gals has Cooper OWNED??
edit on 5/28/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Contrary to what my profile pic suggests, I don't hate religious people...just had a good chat with a monk at Wat Po temple in Thailand, and he was respecting my atheist views like I respected his. I only have an issue with people trying to force their religious views on others (teaching creationism in science classes, etc) or punishing others for not sharing their twisted bat# crazy religious views (concentration camps, suicide bombers).

I can hardly argue that my religious views be respected if I am not going to respect the views of someone else.
As Chrsitians, we are to "walk the walk" and only "talk the talk" if we are asked about it or the topic comes up. We are not to go around shoving our views down people's throats. That isn't Christian and those people don't represent the rest of us.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Both of you are wrong in this and both should stop. Neither of your views are acceptable. You are doing the same thing the pastor from the original video did and stereotyping an entire group based on your opinion of a few.

I would have to agree with this comment if for no other reason "exposing" bigotry and exhibiting the same flawed thinking..

Chrisitans are bad,"all of them think that way", and i am here to tell you not all of them do.

Agreed. The rest of us need to speak out against the bigotry and the other hateful things that are said about our own "group" as well as any other if we wish to tear down the stereotypes created by the "fringe elements" that don't represent us at all.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Speaking out against bigots like her isn't bigotry, and no one said she represents all Christians. What's next? Would you also be against speaking out against Nazis (aka bigots/racists) because speaking out against it would (in your mind) turn you into a bigot too? That's a borderline crazy view!

FACT is, her view is dumb, intolerant (read this website's mantra), and unconstitutional...pointing that out doesn't turn you into a bigot

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Thanks for the reply. Most of the people at my last church seemed pretty open too. I guess I was curious what the general feeling about these issues is in your church is all.

A seminal figure in my life is a relative of mine who is a nun and has given her entire life to helping poor people in a third world nation. When I volunteered there, I was amazed at her "true" christianity - and still am. All she does is live to help others and she doesn't care what denomination, nationality, whatever you are - if you want to help you are more than welcome. She and her center have been nominated for a Nobel prize. She rocks. And yet, in conversation last summer she came out with her stance against homosexuality and it blew me away. It was not positive on the gay side. She actually got visibly angry discussing it. I suppose the point is, after everything good I know of her, she has hidden some underlying fear of the issue and now it is coming out. We all can think we know what people think and feel, but often times we are wrong. No clue where this is going...

CJ
edit on 28-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

Just remember that none of us are perfect and we all have room for spiritual growth. She has some hatred based on not understanding. If the topic arises again, perhaps try to find the underlying factor. If it doesn't, don't let her one mistake cloud the good that she has done.
Forgiveness is also a Christian value... one that is very, very difficult to keep at times, but we are called to do so. Forgive her for her fear/anxiety or whatever the issue may be and try to help her overcome it if you can.
Lord knows I have my own faults, but I'm working on them.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

So why the hell don't you just curl up with the Monk and live Happy ever after??
Did the Monk reject you?? Are you prone to seek out heavy stupid Girls??

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Sweet! CHANGE the OP to stupid fat girl. Learn that America STILL practices freedom OF religion. The fact that she claims to be Christian negates your offensive rhetoric aimed at Christianity.
See how far the thread would endure.
BIGOTS suck ljb
PS how many of them gals has Cooper OWNED??
edit on 5/28/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

No, that would be derogatory, even though we may disagree with what she says. "Fat" is judgemental, Morbidly Obese is clinical. If you'd like to state "Morbidly Obese lady with possible mental issues defends bigotry spewed by hatemongering pastor", that would be acceptable.
I'm sure you have an understanding of the rest of your post, but it is difficult to decipher for those of us without ESP.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I have said this many times on this Site.

I have no fear of Muslims.

But Christian Nutjobs scare the Bejezzus outta me.

We need to put those Wackjobs behind Electric Fences.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
I have said this many times on this Site.

I have no fear of Muslims.

But Christian Nutjobs scare the Bejezzus outta me.

We need to put those Wackjobs behind Electric Fences.

Although I would superficially agree with you on a personal level, unfortunately, we can't do that

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I never said that all southern Christians are bigots. I said he was a living stereotype, which do exist.

Geographical location does NOT determine the character of a person, nor does theological affiliation, nor does race.

Who said anything about the character of a person? I said his ability to see through his indoctrination. He exhibited an apologetic stance to the pastors statement/lady, which was the main reason I said anything to him. Due to the large amount of evangelical churches that are in the SOUTH, it wasn't very hard to assume he's probably one.

What someone says + Where someone lives + What religion someone is = tells you a lot about the person.

Most people are products of their environments., of course, not all. But I do agree with the premise of what you were saying.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

So why the hell don't you just curl up with the Monk and live Happy ever after??
Did the Monk reject you?? Are you prone to seek out heavy stupid Girls??

What does any of this have to do with this thread. I mentioned the monk because it's a good example of tolerance. I don't even get your fat girl comment.

I'm slowly starting to suspect you share that nutjob woman's views...at least to some extent. It's the only explanation why you'd start using ad hominem attacks.

edit on 28-5-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Agreed. The rest of us need to speak out against the bigotry and the other hateful things that are said about our own "group" as well as any other if we wish to tear down the stereotypes created by the "fringe elements" that don't represent us at all.

Kinda like how a lot of people lump all Muslims (all their billions) together with a few "fringe" elements (not you).
But the christian "fringe" is now mainstream. From Liberty University, total enrollement 82,000 (including online) (yes, a university in name) quoting gods words:

Homosexuality is an illicit lust forbidden by God. He said to His people Israel, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22). "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13). In these passages homosexuality is condemned as a prime example of sin, a sexual perversion. The Christian can neither alter God's viewpoint nor depart from it.

Liberty's athletic teams compete in Division I of the NCAA and are collectively known as the Liberty Flames. They compete in the Big South Conference.

One small example of the fringe. I agree with you you have to defend what you believe is right - it isn't going to get any easier. Is a political candidate for President of the United States fringe?

CJ

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I never said that all southern Christians are bigots. I said he was a living stereotype, which do exist.

Geographical location does NOT determine the character of a person, nor does theological affiliation, nor does race.

Who said anything about the character of a person? I said his ability to see through his indoctrination. He exhibited an apologetic stance to the pastors statement/lady, which was the main reason I said anything to him. Due to the large amount of evangelical churches that are in the SOUTH, it wasn't very hard to assume he's probably one.

What someone says + Where someone lives + What religion someone is = tells you a lot about the person.

Most people are products of their environments., of course, not all. But I do agree with the premise of what you were saying.

If that is the stance you wish to take, don't be offended when he takes the same stance with you. If, as you say, it is based on those things, then you open yourself up to what I, personally, would consider to be racism. Normally, I would be the first to speak out about it and call the other poster on it, but if you are going to stick with that philosophy, you make it very difficult to do so.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This stupid woman happens to be Christian so everyone acts like all Christians are idiots....

I thought we were past that type of obvious ignorance?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join