It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was God's reason to be a creator?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Yes, but we are like children being taught how to behave in society for their own safety, because they are so fragile and ignorant. During a time of superstition, working along a natural process of development (even though there are indications of outside influence, as per the jumps in learned language and mathematics and philosophy in ancient history), that was that worked. That was the best we could be. But now, we are capable of more.

Just as those children growing up, we will expand, be more physically and more mentally. Our minds and bodies will build, becoming more powerful and more skillful. We must eventually let go of the past in order to embrace the future. The Christian faith is half based upon the belief that there will be great destruction one day, so they act as though they have no time, that there is no limitless future. Let go of that fear and leap into life, take your destiny by the horns and [censored] it until you have nothing left to give.

If you are always afraid of what the future might bring, you will never run. If you're too scared to take control, you'll never learn to fly.
edit on 29-5-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm at a loss as to how any of that addressed my post in any way, except maybe the part about becoming like a child to enter into the kingdom life.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

You speak of words such as anthropomorphic but yet you comment on given answers in the same manor. To assume that a “A perfect being cannot be lonely, or miss anything or anyone” is just as much a human born notion as anything.

All notions are human, but not all notions are anthropomorphic.

Perfection is, inarguably, a human notion. There are no perfect circles in nature, and so forth; we abstract the idea of perfect forms from their real, imperfect counterparts.

And that is exactly the point; God, in the western monotheistic tradition, is the very definition of the ideal, the perfect. Do you disagree? Do you believe in a flawed God who is at the mercy of His own desires and passions?

God is the ideal of which nature and humanity are the imperfect reflection. Natural beings are mortal, flawed and always changing. God is believed to be immortal, flawless and unchanging.

Now, if something is perfect, if follows logically that you cannot make it better by adding something to it or taking something away from it. Therefore a perfect being cannot lack or want anything. Therefore it cannot be lonely, or miss anything, or anyone.

That is not an anthropomorphism, it is a logical conclusion. Unlike most of those posting in this thread, I am not trying to attribute human feelings and desires to an omnipotent being.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by davidtheriault

Ok your not a God unless you have a realm full of subjects to worship you.Otherwise your just an entity alone .Or perhaps God is not alone maybe he one of many entitys in his dimension or realm an is a missfit bullied an mocked by the others so he created us an the universe we inhabit so he could feel superiour an loved feared for a while?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Just as cavemen worshiped fire, could it be that we worship that which still holds a bit of mystique? That which we so desperatly want to understand but cannot fully comprehend?

That is not to say God does not exist because he would have to I think given the current plight of the human mind and the conception of that which we drive to understand. There are so many things on so many levels that we are not yet at the cusp of recognizing nor able to delve into due to our physical and superficial constraints.

Also. God being the supreme all knowing, all being. I do not believe he would have a place for companionship in the sense that we recognize. It is my belief that a being with that much power would not have a need for petty human conditions that we may place at the feet of God for the sake of trying to get closer to him/her.

Whatever the purpose of our creation do realize that we are yet a small piece of the puzzle which he has created. Our minds may never be meant to grasp his presense, and if it did, we would have to be far more evolved mentally than we are now. We are infants in a reality that has aged beyond our imagination.

God has no equal. What ever you may choose to call him, he is one.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

The problem arises when, in their attempt to understand "god", man presumes to speak for the entity that they do not understand...for whatever reason.

And that is exactly what man does: he attempts to define an infinite concept using a finite medium. Even further, man presumes to know, using this same finite medium, exactly what this infinite concept desires.

This is where our problems arise.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

I've come to sense that God is a great universal comedian who tends to reside on the far side of a series of paradoxes and double, triple and quaruple binds, that are intended both to protect us from him, and invite us to seek him out. The approach is on a graduated scale of increasing knowledge understanding, awareness and communion, and we're now just scratching the surface of the first joke of enlightenment, which is at the expense of all our prior ignorance. It's an issue of trust, and heartfelt compassion, but when we finally come to love God as self and neighbor as self, with our sense of humor restored, then a contact is made with God-consciousness and the ascent and decent begins, as we are drawn into increasingly intimate participation with and knowledge of God as spirit and truth and infinite self-aware intelligence, and he's funny I tell you, I'm certain of it. In his infinite wisdom, compassion and justice, and love, he invites us to laugh with him, at ourselves as we were before we made contact with Him.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

That sounds very slightly like a condescending god.

"Here, let me turn you into monkeys and laugh as you turn into men on your own, record the whole thing and play it back to you once you've reached the finish line. Come on, it'll be fun! No, there aren't any cheat codes....wait, don't quite the game! Come on, I've just gotten started!"

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidtheriault
I'm generally interested in what other people have to think about this. Why would God make anyone else? Not just from a religious point of the world and universe but in the physical sense. If something created us just as if we were to create new life what would be this creator or our reason be besides either entertainment or study.

the same reason the easter bunny comes around and plants easter eggs for children...because mythical beings can do anything they want!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No I think the jokes at each level of awareness arise from our liberation from prior ignorance, and that they are a shared love with God in the humor and mirth of increasing understanding, until at last we realize that the whole kingdom was always intended as our inheritance ie: God is always one step ahead of us in our realization and enlightenment, unto infinity, always there, always inviting us into deeper and deeper levels of communion, and sympathetic love and compassionate understanding, and self knowledge or self awareness as sacred beings made in the image of God.

God is always ahead as the transcendant Godhead, and we are always becoming more God-like as evolving beings, so the fundamental relationship, once contact is made, is never lost.

"Welcome home my son" he says to us, with a smile, "let's share some good natured, good-willed humor of understanding and in the process get to know each other even better."

edit on 30-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

That sounds very slightly like a condescending god.

"Here, let me turn you into monkeys and laugh as you turn into men on your own, record the whole thing and play it back to you once you've reached the finish line. Come on, it'll be fun! No, there aren't any cheat codes....wait, don't quite the game! Come on, I've just gotten started!"

And I think, within the larger overall cosmic framework, in relation to these monkey forms, the great joke is

"And the first shall be last, and the last first."

Which would imply that the rest of the universal, cosmic consciousness of all sentients, are waiting on us to reach God-consciousness, so that they too can be redeemed for being so far in advance relative to us.

In other words that God, being the great universal cosmic comedian prefers the save the best joke, for last, a joke told not just at our expense, but at everyone's, that we might all get to laugh and celebrate together in the one heavenly household, without exception or exclusion.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
And there is nothing more powerful than a humorous realization whose time has come. Nothing stands in its way, as we laugh our way right through the absurdities of modern "society" straight into the kingdom of heaven. Let everyone else catch up, if they can, as the joke simply takes on different forms unique to each individual while hurtling through the noosphere at the speed of light unto a cosmogenesis or a new heaven and a new earth. After all, given enough time anything is possible.

Wouldn't it be funny indeed if the buck stops, and begins again, here on earth of all places, where the more that suffering has carved into our being the more joy we can contain, and where he who has been forgiven more, loves more, and where like the prodigal son, while one lost, are found, and once dead, alive again, baptised in the water of truth and life as it is, with the Jordan River symbolizing the Milky Way (or a quantum-holographic cosmological unity aka zero point field or akashic field of infinite intelligence).

But, you cannot be effectively baptised, unless you are first swung totally off balance, and, bending over backwards, willingly plunged right under the watery depths of the unconscious!

And we always come up laughing from the experience (if authentic) with a radiant smile beaming from our fresh, (and wet) face.

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

This is why religion is bringing people no where. They all argue while they don't learn anything new.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Dude 30 "magical speeches" from you will not change people's thought on God. You talk an awful lot about things you don't know. Jesus is supposed to reject anyone from heaven who did not believe in him. Pretty hard to believe in someone from "2000" years ago just on blind faith. That doesn't make you intelligent. And apparently YOU'RE GOD made the earth in 7 days at the center of the universe, galaxy, and solar system. You're religion is disproven.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ecossiepossie

Dude you don't know the deffenition of bully. Nothing else to be said.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join