It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An apology to the masons.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

What country is P2 based in?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

Italia!

For a time they operated under the auspice of the Grande Oriente d'Italia (GOI), but lost their charter in the mid 70's. The GOI up until the 90's was not recognized.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I can't say that I'm surprised.

Of course the Vatican has nothing to say.

I bet Roberto Calvi does.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by JBpage76

true enlightenment is in Buddhism or gnostic christians or sufi muslims not masonry.

According to Buddhist scripture you can reach enlightenment just from contemplating a lotus leaf.

What's more enlightenment is your natural state existing within you as you read this. What separates you / we from this ideal is all the rubbish you subscribe to.

No religion has claim over enlightenment.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

There are many paths to the same destination.... It's just a matter of choice as to how one reaches their goal.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

There are many paths to the same destination.... It's just a matter of choice as to how one reaches their goal.

There is no destination. There is only the journey.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The journey is the fun part. Our destination is the same.

A grave, and the beyond.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Sure. There was no beginning and there will be no end.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

No beginning? How so?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Im so tired of hearing how us masons are such a secret, evil society. This opinion is commonly supported by poor sources and references.

Instead of sitting on here, telling everyone about how bad masonry is, I believe the "nay-sayers" should go to a lodge and ask information. They will most commonly find a group of older gentleman who enjoy getting together for fellowship, conversation, and refreshments.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Haha, you Masons get so sensitive when it's implied that you possess secret esoteric knowledge.. it's alright, no-one's saying that you do specifically (though c'mon, I know you've seen a few funky things here and there that had you wondering)... some people just say that people very high above you in ranking (knights templar york rite, knights of malta, 33rd degree etc) may know and partake in things that could shock and surprise us all (or not, depending on what you know)... and I don't think that's really controversial to suggest given the overwhelming amount of documentation in many forms regarding these matters

you can call me a ludicrous conspiracy theorist if you want but may I suggest that would be painfully ironic given the website we're on

oh and as for this apology, I think it might be more genuine than some of you are thinking.. sure it's worded in a misguidedly insinuative way, but I think the gist of it is that this guy used to have a quite negative and possibly hostile attitude towards your organization.. but has now more or less made his peace and has realized that the vast majority of Masons (up to a certain degree that is.. but as I understand it, the first three degrees conferred by the grand lodges cover the vast majority right?) are good, liberty loving folk who have a deep respect for the world and mankind and want nothing to do with any kind of police state new world order.. unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the likes of those who call themselves such things as Knights of Malta (see William "Wild Bill" Donovan, Allen Dulles, Franz von Papen and many others who generally hate most human beings with a destructive passion).. Peace, and long live ludicrous conspiracy theories, for truth passes through 3 stages
edit on 1-6-2012 by MagnaCarta19 because: Wrong wording

edit on 1-6-2012 by MagnaCarta19 because: Wrong wording, again

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnaCarta19
Haha, you Masons get so sensitive when it's implied that you possess secret esoteric knowledge.. it's alright, no-one's saying that you do specifically (though c'mon, I know you've seen a few funky things here and there that had you wondering)... some people just say that people very high above you in ranking (knights templar york rite, knights of malta, 33rd degree etc) may know and partake in things that could shock and surprise us all (or not, depending on what you know)... and I don't think that's really controversial to suggest given the overwhelming amount of documentation in many forms regarding these matters

you can call me a ludicrous conspiracy theorist if you want but may I suggest that would be painfully ironic given the website we're on

oh and as for this apology, I think it might be more genuine than some of you are thinking.. sure it's worded in a misguidedly insinuative way, but I think the gist of it is that this guy used to have a quite negative and possibly hostile attitude towards your organization.. but has now more or less made his peace and has realized that the vast majority of Masons (up to a certain degree that is.. but as I understand it, the first three degrees conferred by the grand lodges cover the vast majority right?) are good, liberty loving folk who have a deep respect for the world and mankind and want nothing to do with any kind of police state new world order.. unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the likes of those who call themselves such things as Knights of Malta (see William "Wild Bill" Donovan, Allen Dulles, Franz von Papen and many others who generally hate most human beings with a destructive passion).. Peace, and long live ludicrous conspiracy theories, for truth passes through 3 stages
edit on 1-6-2012 by MagnaCarta19 because: Wrong wording

edit on 1-6-2012 by MagnaCarta19 because: Wrong wording, again

You just blew my mind by saying Wild Bill Donovan was a Knight of Malta. If that's true then there is definitely some credence to people employing esoteric mind control techniques to this day.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

I'm not trying to throw bones here, BUT, Wild Bill was also a member of the Fighting 69th and a hero to many.

Just wanted to throw that in there

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I'm sure that in some regards he was an honorable man. He served the government in many ways. But he had a dark streak. Some claim he gave orders to shoot Patton. Even without looking TOO DEEP into the guy's life, you find things about him and psychotropic drugs and MK Ultra.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Major Knight of Malta deployed to set up the CIA as eyes and years (and of course a highly effective hit squad, funded by taxpayer money.. just how the sadists like it) for the Vatican

by the way would you say I interpreted your apology well? Just curious
edit on 2-6-2012 by MagnaCarta19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

and Hitler was an exceptional soldier who served his country well during WW1.. Also, just saying

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnaCarta19

Magna, my post may have been worded in a weird way but I didn't really mean anything beyond what I said. What you said is more or less accurate. I stand by the supposition that there are a lot of people who join who don't read anything regarding the esoteric or bother to learn anything about the ceremonies they're part of.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I think all this hub bub about the Free Masons is funny. I am not a Free Mason myself, but my Father, Grandfather, Great grandfather, and so on were all Freemasons. I have read their books on all their rights and rituals, what they believe, and there is nothing there implicating a huge conspiracy. In fact, I know most of the "Secrets" of the Free Masons. Anybody who tells you that they are in control of everything and blah blah blah, are full of it. If you don't believe me, then join the Masons and see for yourself. If you are a good person, and believe in a higher power than yourself, you can be a Free Mason. Maybe if you joined, or became affiliated with the organization, you would see the truth,

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

No beginning? How so?

Tell me when your consciousness came into being. You will no doubt reply that you were born and from there you see, but what is seeing?

Thing is, I haven't digest this concept fully. (To fully realize the fact is itself an advanced state of enlightenment). I understand the concept because it was re-phrased 100 times. The guy whom does realize it, begs of you the question, "who am I"?

When you drill down, whatever answer you have to that question will be made redundant as you will always find a deeper truth; something which defines you better. Eg. you are not what you see. You are not what your mind tells you. You are not your desires.. and so fourth. All of these are easily debunked - no eyes = you still exist. Vegetative sate - you still exist.. etc.

That thing which is left is 'no-thing'. It is one with all things. It is the aspect of God that is described as wanting to know itself.

Eastern religions would tell us that this is 'self-realization', which is true freedom and also the last thing our mind (with all it's concepts of self), is willing to accept.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join