It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to reach 1,144 Delegates in Texas:

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by DelMarvel

Any republican that wasn't romney they supported.

So I think they would have a pretty good case.

Right, and how do you that would work out once the third round of voting happens. Jeb Bush will come out, Marco Rubio, Sarah Palin, and maybe even some of the guys that have dropped out already like Jon Huntsman, he might wanna get back in there too! And Rick Santorum. People are still voting for him in the south and midwest. Ron Paul is tiny compared to these people especially in the republican field.

Not really the Romney Campaign has been full on attacking Obama. I don't think he's worried about Ron Paul. You think a guy who is about to become the republican nominee and perhaps the President of the United States is really worried about the primaries anymore? Especially since Paul has stopped running ads in key states like Texas? His stealth delegate strategy is not going to work. You have made a poor case for fellow Paul supporters, but at least you tried! Others just said I was wrong and didn't even bother listening to the facts.

Your still not answering the simplest of all questions. Why not pledge to vote for Paul in the first place? Are they afraid? Paul doesn't have a conspiracy this big, it's funny that the Paul supporters thinks he does it just shows their true colors--they are all conspiracy theorists too! No revolution is going to happen. They are not going to take over tampa, they are not going to take over the convention, they are not going to get Ron Paul nominated, and they are not going to win against Obama!

Our only hope to get at least some republican ideals in congress is if you vote for Romney. Voting for Obama will get you martial law and third world status!

Ron Paul's name will still be on the ballot in the general election. You can still vote for him if you want. Just note that he will never be the nominee.
edit on 28-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zngland
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Do you think Ron Paul voters will vote for Romney, if he wins the GOP?

I don't care what Ron Paul voters do. They can vote for Homer Simpson for all I care. I just hope they know what that gets them. I just hope they think about doing that first, because if they vote for Romney, at least a republican willing to listen to others will be in office unlike the puny racist coward we have in office now!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Isn't the Texas Primary today?

Get up and out there Texans of ATS!

Good luck!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
counting the numbers of primaries as many do may lead towards the 1144 number but those numbers don't count . primary is a beauty contest and its the conventions which matter in the delegate hunt. and currently ron paul is doing great in these conventions.
also don't forget search google and youtube on it .. many of the delegates bound to mit romney are ron paul people and a RNC lawyer has stated that they aren't really bound and may vote for who they see fit and they may abstain in the first round creating a broker convention which might even lead to a ron paul win.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
counting the numbers of primaries as many do may lead towards the 1144 number but those numbers don't count . primary is a beauty contest and its the conventions which matter in the delegate hunt. and currently ron paul is doing great in these conventions.
also don't forget search google and youtube on it .. many of the delegates bound to mit romney are ron paul people and a RNC lawyer has stated that they aren't really bound and may vote for who they see fit and they may abstain in the first round creating a broker convention which might even lead to a ron paul win.

Voters voting don't matter heh?
You are in for a shock when Romney is coronated because their votes are pledged to Romney in the first round. Since he surpassed the amount to win with pledged votes, it is over. Paul's only hope to make a stink was if Romney couldn't reach the magic number before the convention. The irony is that Paul's home State will put Romney over the top for the massive landslide victory.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
You are in for a shock when Romney is coronated because their votes are pledged to Romney in the first round. Since he surpassed the amount to win with pledged votes, it is over.

Yeah, it's funny how some people do not understand that the delegates and the vote is tied together. Over 50% win and delegates are pledged in the first round. The stupid Ron Paul idiots will be stuck because they don't know how to read basic legislation.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Unless all them Ron Paul nutters enjoy toasting and celebrating Romney's clear cut victory, the fake delegates who do not represent the voters of their States may as well stay home because there will be nothing for them to do at the Convention.
Icing on the cake would be if they embarass themselves one last time by getting tossed out by their ears after making some sour infantile tantrum fits in public at the Convention.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Icing on the cake would be if they embarass themselves one last time by getting tossed out by their ears after making some sour infantile tantrum fits in public at the Convention.

I have a feeling that may just happen to one or two of them
They will be thrown out along with the OWS people and will probably be thrown into that crowd altogether by the MSM. Two OWS delegates or something... Then they will correct themselves. Oh we meant two Ron Paul supporters, but really what's the difference?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
How can anyone support Mitt Romney?

1 - His foreign policy is identical to that of Obama's.
2 - He has called out Russia, as being America's "enemy", which in my personal opinion, discredits any sanity the man might've had for me.
3 - He has been shown to have been a bully. My whole life I've had to deal with bullies. To allow this psychopathic elitist to be President is beyond me, and psychopathic in its own regard.
4 - Look at him and how he speaks on the television. Typical political rhetoric, he always has the fake face on and that fake smile and every word that comes out of his mouth is fake the man is a fake fake fake!

Ron Paul:

1 - Wants to repeal the PATRIOT Act.
2 - Wants to end the illegal unconstitutional wars.
3 - Wants to end the Fed.
4 - Never known to do drugs or bully anyone in highschool.

You honestly want Lunatic Romney over Docile Constitutional Paul? You are the problem.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
How can anyone support Mitt Romney?

1 - His foreign policy is identical to that of Obama's.
2 - He has called out Russia, as being America's "enemy", which in my personal opinion, discredits any sanity the man might've had for me.
3 - He has been shown to have been a bully. My whole life I've had to deal with bullies. To allow this psychopathic elitist to be President is beyond me, and psychopathic in its own regard.
4 - Look at him and how he speaks on the television. Typical political rhetoric, he always has the fake face on and that fake smile and every word that comes out of his mouth is fake the man is a fake fake fake!

And these are you best attacks against Romney??

1. His foreign policy is not the same as Obama's. He wants America to have the strongest army in the world. Not cut it down to bare minimum and to apologize to our terrorist and warlord enemies. Under President Romney the Muslim Brotherhood will not be invited into the White House!
2. Obama and Ron Paul for that matter have both been horribly and dishonorably against Israel. Our main ally and best friend in the world and in the Middle East. Making America look weak.
3. Obama is a half white racist coward who smoked and barely attended classes. Who also was a bully and Ron Paul is a nutty conspiracy theorist creationist!
4. Fake? How about Obama, his whole life is unverifiable until he got into the senate. What about Ron Paul? He's a hunchback who sits in his tower (senate seat) all day and does nothing but wishes the world would bow to him and his crazy plans.

You make a weak case against Romney

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

What about Ron Paul? He's a hunchback who sits in his tower (senate seat) all day...

Are you trying to prove how out-of-touch you are? Dr. Ron Paul is a Congressman, House of Representatives. His son Rand is a Senator.

You about have me convinced now that you were not knowingly trying to skew the facts; you really just have no clue.

edit on 29-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

What about Ron Paul? He's a hunchback who sits in his tower (senate seat) all day...

Are you trying to prove how out-of-touch you are? Dr. Ron Paul is a Congressman, House of Representatives. His son Rand is a Senator.

You about have me convinced now that you were not knowingly trying to skew the facts; you really just have no clue.

WOW! So sorry I made a mistake about a do nothing CONGRESS MAN! From texas who is not even going to win his own state tonight. Watch and see you heard it hear first! Its something called human error!

You could have just said, "i think you meant Congressmen." without having to be crazy about it.. Oh wait.

It doesn't matter though because my generalizations are right. Most americans don't even know the difference between the senate and the congress let alone, who is in it!
edit on 29-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Dr. Ron Paul is a Congressman, House of Representatives. His son Rand is a Senator.

WOW! So sorry I made a mistake about a do nothing CONGRESS MAN! From texas who is not even going to win his own state tonight. Watch and see you heard it hear first! Its something called human error!

It doesn't matter though because my generalizations are right. Most americans don't even know the difference between the senate and the congress let alone, who is in it!

He will probably win in his own district, though likely not the entire state.

Congrats on being like most Americans, nevermind the implications of that. Glad you learned something new.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Do you know how small and tiny a district is? In the long run, what he does in texas isnt going to matter. But whatever helps you sleep at night!
edit on 29-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Dr. Ron Paul is a Congressman, House of Representatives. His son Rand is a Senator.

Congrats on being like most Americans, nevermind the implications of that. Glad you learned something new.

Agreed. The sad thing is, I AM American...

and Ron Paul is a nutty conspiracy theorist creationist!

...And that is where your credibility stops, my friend. Good day.
edit on 29-5-2012 by Davian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian

Agreed. The sad thing is, I AM American...

and Ron Paul is a nutty conspiracy theorist creationist!

...And that is where your credibility stops, my friend. Good day.
edit on 29-5-2012 by Davian because: (no reason given)

So are you sad to be an american? I'm sorry you can move then.

So Ron Paul is not a nutty conspiracy theorist creationist? He sounds exactly like 80% of the people on this website! That's why they love him so much on here. He aligns perfectly with them, it doesn't matter, if they are right or left democrat or republican. To Ron Paul supporters he is perfect, because he thinks like they do! He is a conspiracy theorist like they are. He questions evolution, like some of them do. He questions 9/11 like some of them do. He talks about the fed, black helicopters, and the new world order like they do!!!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

So Ron Paul is not a nutty conspiracy theorist creationist? He sounds exactly like 80% of the people on this website! That's why they love him so much on here. He aligns perfectly with them, it doesn't matter, if they are right or left democrat or republican. To Ron Paul supporters he is perfect, because he thinks like they do! He is a conspiracy theorist like they are. He questions evolution, like some of them do. He questions 9/11 like some of them do. He talks about the fed, black helicopters, and the new world order like they do!!!

So? Your point is?

Obviously you must like Romney because you don't question your government. You don't question evolution. You don't talk about the fed, black helicopters, and the NWO. You choose not to believe or think for yourself and you choose to have every little bit of information spoonfed to you by some corporate-owned dictator. You were also probably a drug-dealing highschool bully/jock in highschool I bet. Right? You're probably filthy rich as well. Right? Right?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Do you know how small and tiny a district is? But whatever helps you sleep at night!

I'm not sure how you differentiate small and tiny but area-wise one federal congressional district can be as large as the entire state of Alaska. There are 435 US Congressional districts each representing approximately 600,000 people. Since 2003 Texas has had 32 such districts.

Hope that answers your question and doesn't keep you awake all night.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Romney has won the Texas primary. He's over the top, way more than 1144. The only people who do not believe this are Ron Paul supporters. There's not going to be a "second ballot." You are correct. We will have to wait for the official convention vote for it to be officially over. So we'll have to listen to the Paultards claiming, "It isn't over until it's over!" refrain for another few weeks of futile bleating. And when it finally IS "officially" over and Romney is "officially" the nominee, we will have to listen to the inevitable, "We wuz robbed!" refrain.

First, I wish these people could find a decent conservative candidate in favor of small government and a strong foreign policy and put their energy there. Is that Rand Paul? I dunno. Explore the issue. Second, I wish these guys would act like grownups.

Too much to ask, I know.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join