It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to reach 1,144 Delegates in Texas:

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Here's a link that explains exactly what I said, in case you don't believe me: www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

No, people like you are sickening. You ruin life for everyone else and then smugly brag about it. We truly are a country full of retards, you Eurisko being two of the biggest ones.

After all of the stealing done by the RNC/Romney campaign, I will never ever support him. I hope Obama mops the floor with him and have no doubts he will.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
It really is sad that there are people on this site who support MITT ROMNEY, for the love of God it's just ridiculous. A man who made money off of destroying profitable companies and erasing the jobs that went along with them.

We cannot possibly have much longer...............

What's even worse is that the OP didn't even support Romney. He is a defected Gingrich supporter. He didn't believe anything Romney said either, he wanted a moon colony, but when he realized that wasn't possible he decided he would side for continued deficit spending and endless wars.

He is a deep believer in the two party system and believes anyone but Obama is the answer. I dislike both Romeny and Obama, but I prefer Obama 100 times over. The people who vote for these puppets will be continually screwed over by those they support and continue to support them, because they aren't critical thinkers, I hate to say it, but they are stupid.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

No, people like you are sickening. You ruin life for everyone else and then smugly brag about it. We truly are a country full of retards, you Eurisko being two of the biggest ones.

After all of the stealing done by the RNC/Romney campaign, I will never ever support him. I hope Obama mops the floor with him and have no doubts he will.

Ron Paul is doing the delegate battle just as much as romney according to some Ron Paul people, so if you believe the Paul fanatics, will you hold them accountable? As well?
edit on 27-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

What's even worse is that the OP didn't even support Romney. He is a defected Gingrich supporter. He didn't believe anything Romney said either, he wanted a moon colony, but when he realized that wasn't possible he decided he would side for continued deficit spending and endless wars.

He is a deep believer in the two party system and believes anyone but Obama is the answer. I dislike both Romeny and Obama, but I prefer Obama 100 times over. The people who vote for these puppets will be continually screwed over by those they support and continue to support them, because they aren't critical thinkers, I hate to say it, but they are stupid.

If you really did your "research" on me, you would know that I liked Gingrich the moment Herman Cain dropped out. If the media didn't destroy Cain's reputation he would be beating Romney by far and the battle between Santorum and Cain would have been interesting to watch. I also like Jon Huntsman, Those were my two choices for President. I considered Paul for a moment and you idiots drew me away with your silly comments about how much you claim to hate calling non-ron paul supporters stupid!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Ron Paul is doing the delegate battle just as much as romney according to some Ron Paul people, so if you believe the Paul fanatics, will you hold them accountable? As well?

He is doing a delegate battle, yes, but he is following their rules and beating them at it. He can't win, Paul I mean, I agree with you about this, but where we differ is, I think it's tragic, you think it's great.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with the left right paradigm. Romney is probably about as moderate as you're going to ever get. He is a centrist! At least on social issues. On the economy, he's pretty conservative.

It's too tiny to read but your new avatar appears to be the Libertarian map that goes beyond the single dimension of Left/Right adding the second dimension of Authoritarian/Libertarian. That is an important addition and to me the only one that really matters. You seem not to have broken beyond that first dimension though. Perhaps you are essentially dyed-in-the-wool authoritarian and nothing else matters. Most politicians are, particularly Republicans. Romney is no different in that regard.

At a press conference I saw a man with multiple sclerosis roll up to Romney in his wheelchair to ask his stance on medical MJ. Without hesitation Romney replied absolutely not, totally against it. I can understand Pharma and the hidden government (CIA and such) wishing to maintain their profits against this backyard panacea that is virtually free. But with the problems and costs prohibition places on society along with the vast numbers that favor its normalization it is just too great to brush off so cavalierly. Likewise on many issues.

I realize personal liberty and civic responsibility means nothing to you and other authoritarians, other than your desire to impose your will over people, but with your new-found political map avatar and now defining Romney as a centrist it seems all a bit disingenuous.

I can see you are learning and this period of quickening may help lead you to important realizations. I hope these coming months will lead to some awakening for you. Keep trying but don't let your ego keep you from recognizing your short-sightedness.

ETA: Thanks for switching to a larger pol map on your avatar now.

edit on 27-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

He is doing a delegate battle, yes, but he is following their rules and beating them at it. He can't win, Paul I mean, I agree with you about this, but where we differ is, I think it's tragic, you think it's great.

Ron Paul may be following the rules but his followers are not. They booed Romney's son off a stage and got into fist fights with Romney supporters (At the same rally I think!) Romney's son, was invited to speak on behalf of the Paul campaign, and the idiots booed him off stage! That's not civil or following any known rules that I know of.

Let's put it bluntly: Both Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich tried your strategy. They both said, we are staying in until Romney gets the 1,144 delegates. They both ran out of money and steam before that happened. Ron Paul already ran out of money and is not actively campaigning, anymore.

Another question for the Ron Paul people: If you think the RNC is so corrupt do you honestly expect them to give you the nomination? NO!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

It's to tiny to read but your new avatar appears to be the Libertarian map that goes beyond the single dimension of Left/Right adding the second dimension of Authoritarian/Libertarian. That is an important addition and to me the only one that really matters. You seem not to have broken beyond that first dimension though. Perhaps you are essentially dyed-in-the-wool authoritarian and nothing else matters. Most politicians are, particularly Republicans. Romney is no different in that regard.

Actually my new avatar shows that I am a centrist! There I made it bigger for you, but it falls off the edge. So because I vote for a guy who I like, you think I am authoritarian? Telling me who to or not to vote for sounds pretty authoritarian to me.

At a press conference I saw a man with multiple sclerosis roll up to Romney in his wheelchair to ask his stance on medical MJ. Without hesitation Romney replied absolutely not, totally against it. I can understand Pharma and the hidden government (CIA and such) wishing to maintain their profits against this backyard panacea that is virtually free. But with the problems and costs prohibition places on society along with the vast numbers that favor its normalization it is just too great to brush off so cavalierly. Likewise on many issues.

What's this supposed to be? A boo hoo feel bad liberal distraction? Many people do not agree with medical marijuana with many good points. I'm sure Romney has his, but its not a major concern to most people today. They are more worried about putting food on their tables and finding jobs, then they are getting more drugs!

I realize personal liberty and civic responsibility means nothing to you and other authoritarians, other than your desire to impose your will over people, but with your new-found political map avatar and now defining Romney as a centrist is all a bit disingenuous.

Romney is a centrist republican. That much everyone agrees on. Talk show hosts, News Reporters and the entire GOP. Why do you think the tea party was so upset when Santorum couldn't get elected?? Ron Paul supporters claiming that I am imposing my will over other people
That is a new one! I have done nothing but to try to bring balance to the issues. I have done nothing but try to give people facts. Yet they run away and Hide and tell me that I am wrong and should be banned for posting such outlandish lies. You people cannot look at the other side weather it be democratic or republican and actually rationally debate them without insulting them once or calling them stupid or yell at them to "wake up" Whatever that is supposed to mean!

I can see you are learning and this period of quickening may help lead you to important realizations. I hope these coming months will lead to some awakening for you. Keep trying but don't let your ego keep you from recognizing your short-sightedness.

Seriously? What do you actually mean in this statement? I find it hard to follow. Do you expect me to change who I am voting for in the next coming months. That's never going to happen, in fact, I will be directly involved with Romney's campaign at my state convention in June and hopefully at election time!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

...First off the map is free as well. Asking you to donate doesn't make it any less free.

But that is neither here nor there that is just another idiotic distraction of yours.
What you don't understand is that when they are bound to vote for Romney that that means they have to vote for Romney and no one else in the first round of voting. What you don't understand is that they can abstain from voting and that does not violate the rule because they aren't voting for someone other than Romney by abstaining. So if they abstain from the first vote they can vote for whomever they want in the rest of the voting rounds. I have explained this so many times and you can't understand it.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Exactly.
For some reason this fool of an OP thinks I am delusional. I am not, I understand the odds against Paul, but I am acknowledging the fight and his victories however big or little an affect they have. OP is either a troll or completely out of touch or uncaring about what is good for our country. Mostly I think he is a troll because he has never stated what he thinks would be good for the country or why, but rather just trolls people by speakaing negatively about RP.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

I agree I would see Obama in before Romney anyday. The devil you know..

Romney doesn't have a chance though. We have known that forever.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

...First off the map is free as well. Asking you to donate doesn't make it any less free.

But that is neither here nor there that is just another idiotic distraction of yours.
What you don't understand is that when they are bound to vote for Romney that that means they have to vote for Romney and no one else in the first round of voting. What you don't understand is that they can abstain from voting and that does not violate the rule because they aren't voting for someone other than Romney by abstaining. So if they abstain from the first vote they can vote for whomever they want in the rest of the voting rounds. I have explained this so many times and you can't understand it.

You have failed to verify any of the information on the map. You have failed to understand that Romney won 50%+ in Virginia, and you have yet to provide any link which verifies the data on the map is correct!

Until you do so, I am not going to be talking to you any more. Goodbye!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

...you think I am authoritarian?

Many people do not agree with medical marijuana with many good points.

abcnews.go.com...

Eight in 10 Americans support legalizing marijuana for medical use and nearly half favor decriminalizing the drug more generally
With New Jersey this week poised to become the 14th state to legalize medical marijuana, 81 percent in this national ABC News/Washington Post poll support the idea, up from an already substantial 69 percent in 1997.

They are more worried about putting food on their tables and finding jobs, then they are getting more drugs!

I suppose you are very young, nowhere near retirement age, so don't live on your savings or a fixed retirement income and have little or no appreciation for the value of medicine for these folks. I can assure you, the cost of their drugs are right up there in importance to them as putting the food on their table. Nearly half of the various United States of America including Washington DC have medical MJ laws or have decriminalized canabis.

Do I think you are an authoritarian? In that you openly state you are part of that minority of less than 1 in 5 that are against it, against the states that have passed these laws, and openly support a candidate who will use Federal resources to maintain a war against these states' laws and the individuals residing in them then I would say YES, you support an authoritarian agenda for big, wasteful, and imposing government.

There really was never a question of whether or not you support individual liberty and personal privacy. You continually make it clear you do not. You try to bamboozle the people and Romney may be winning the news networks' game to become their manufactured favorite, but contrary to that vast stretch of truth in your OP, Romney is not officially the nominee and won't be on Tuesday - not for months yet if at all.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

abcnews.go.com...

Eight in 10 Americans support legalizing marijuana for medical use and nearly half favor decriminalizing the drug more generally
With New Jersey this week poised to become the 14th state to legalize medical marijuana, 81 percent in this national ABC News/Washington Post poll support the idea, up from an already substantial 69 percent in 1997.

Do I think you are an authoritarian? In that you openly state you are part of that minority of less than 1 in 5 that are against it, against the states that have passed these laws, and openly support a candidate who will use Federal resources to maintain a war against these states' laws and the individuals residing in them then I would say YES, you support an authoritarian agenda for big, wasteful, and imposing government.

So now you are twisting everything to MJ Laws??? I am not going to play your distracting game. I do not care about marijuana. This makes no sense. you are derailing this thread because you don't like one candidates position on this one issue? That's not what I vote on, I rarely vote social issues anyway. Using your logic, its ok not to vote for Ron Paul because he is a crazy racist creationist. (That's what I think of him)

Your basically telling me how to vote on this one issue.

Back on topic: This thread is about Romney and his delegates. Stop trying to distract people and derail the tread to make it be about something else entirely! Thank you.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Back on topic: This thread is about Romney and his delegates. Stop trying to distract people and derail the tread to make it be about something else entirely!

signature:
“I have always sought for the middle ground.”—James Madison

The Only difference between the US and the Middle East is that we do not believe in real evil. We believe mass murderers and insane dictators can be good. But their people live it everyday!

I called you on the false and misleading statements in your OP and continued disingenuousness you've employed throughout this thread. You and the popular media have been trying to brand Romney as a middle-of-the-road sweet, popular guy. Without elaboration I offered an example where he displayed himself as authoritarian and you expanded on that example in effort to refute it. I merely responded to your disingenuous and cavalier brush-off that would expose him, and yourself apparently, for what would lie ahead with such an authoritarian agenda. That follows a theme you originated since your original post, though not reflected in the thread title. You made it the topic yourself.

Whose unattributed quote is that in your signature? Yours? "We believe mass murderers and insane dictators can be good." Are you serious? No wonder you wish to dismiss prolonged authoritarian Drug War allegations that go against the will of the people. Such an insane dictatorial agenda, ostensibly for the black market profiteering schemes of the global elite, lead to worldwide mass murdering and civil unrest to be used as a wedge to further destroy personal privacy and security. That issue alone is likely our most insidious conspiracy perpetrated against the world as a whole and you wish to casually dismiss it.

Is that really your quote? You claim to not believe in real evil? Apparently you refuse to acknowledge it. And you use that as your signature.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Ron Paul has been finished ever since he has stopped spending money IMHO! How do you expect to win anything in politics without spending ANY money??? Seriously you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening this time around. I only wish I was around in 2008 so I could compare the two!

Of course he’s done….at least in the Republican primary.

OBVIOUSLY there is no campaign without PARTICIPATING in the campaign!!

Delegates – Schmeligates!

Ridiculous!

PAUL FOR ROMNEY’S SEC OF TREASURY!!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS NOT A PURE DEMOCRACY.

All you anti-paul people had better get a grasp of this very simple concept. Let me repeat -

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS NOT A PURE DEMOCRACY.

The US of A is a REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY.

A proper understanding of the political system of the country you live in would serve a lot of these people well.

I agree. So in the spirit of agreement please gain a proper understanding. The US is a Republic, not a Democracy. A Constitutional Republic to be exact. So before you pro Paul people talk get a basic grasp.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I especially like rule 38.

It's like a beautiful rainbow after a spring shower.....

ahhhhhhhh
edit on 27-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

You would like it a lot less if you understood it.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

You haven't verified any information either. The percentage by which Romney won the primary has little to do with who the delegates support and it also doesn't debunk the map in any way shape or form.

I used the same exact source that you have been using, green papers.

You are done talking to me because you have run out of ways to weasel out of admitting your wrong.
It's ok though, talking to you for any amount of time is a shameful way to spend ones life.. even if for just a few minutes. Try and have a good life, I hope you aren't as miserable a person to your loved ones as you are here.
edit on 27-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join