It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to reach 1,144 Delegates in Texas:

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
It really is sad that there are people on this site who support MITT ROMNEY, for the love of God it's just ridiculous. A man who made money off of destroying profitable companies and erasing the jobs that went along with them.

We cannot possibly have much longer...............

In all honesty, the ones who support Romney are Obama supporters, at the very least they are leftists. They want Ronmey to win because he is the best candidate for them to run against Obama.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Again, state by state it depends. In some states they are bound delegates which means that in the first round of voting, they will have to vote for Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, or Rick Santorum. In most likely cases, Newt and Santorum will ask their delegates to vote for Mitt Romney. There may be one or two Ron Paul delegates that may be bound to Romney and may want to cause trouble at voting time. But the rest is hype. I have yet to find any credible sources saying that Romney delegates are really Ron Paul guys.

So in a way, Mitt Romney really and truly will have 1,144 delegates that will be bound to him! Either legally by state law or by courting other unbound delegates from the other candidates that have dropped out. The voting of the delegates really doesn't matter because they have pledged to vote for Mitt Romney at the convention. How many of those supporting Mitt Romney will change their mind and use rule 38 in the wrong way? NONE! That's why we have unbound delegates. These people have paid upwards of $300+ to attend the convention so that they can see that the republican front runner get into office and kick out Obama! There are many republicans voting on that reason and that reason alone!

Another interpretation of Rule 38 can be this, Delegates bound to Mitt Romney have the right to change their mind, or abstain from voting but how many die hard Romney supporters will do that?? And while there may not be any on this site... They are the ones out in the RNC making Romney the front runner. You know the people behind the scenes. Just because you've never talked to one, doesn't mean they don't exist. It's just like what you Ron Paul guys are doing. I bet most of you don't even attempt to have civil discussions with the Romney people.

I know in NJ there are little to no Ron Paul people in the state and local districts.

And for those saying I shouldn't be supporting or voting for Romney. Shame on you! This is a free country, I can choose who I want. Sorry if it's too much for you to handle!

edit on 27-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

I know in NJ there are little to no Ron Paul people in the state and local districts.

And for those saying I shouldn't be supporting or voting for Romney. Shame on you!

Little expectation that pineys and clam-diggers would be very politically astute.

Vote your choice, vote your conscience. That's what our politically system is all about. Imagine some idiot trying to tell us we shouldn't support Ron Paul. The nerve of some folks.

It seems by now you may have learned, contrary to your OP statements, that whatever threshold Romney may reach soon it is not official until the convention.

edit on 27-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
How can people on this website still support Romney after all the BS we have uncovered on him? Especially concerning him being a bully, bought out by corporations, his questionable business ethics, and the tendency of his supporters to try to derail county caucuses. He is as corrupt as they come, there is nothing new with this guy.

Mitt Romney may win the election, but Ron Paul has won the hearts of more people than Romney ever will.
edit on 27-5-2012 by asmall89 because: (no reason given)
it's easy to support him if you stick your head in the sand.......or if you have it stuck somewhere else..............

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
it's easy to support him if you stick your head in the sand.......or if you have it stuck somewhere else..............

I can say the same about Paul...Doesn't make me right. Anyway getting back on topic. This is about Romney reaching the delegate threshold on May 29. Not about who I am voting for. In fact, I never mentioned it in my OP. So shut it, unless you have other crazy theories about the OP which I have not already debunked!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
After Tuesday its Over. Just get over Ron Paul nuts.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It is too bad the left/right paradigm, the my guy is better than your guy mentality exists in this country.

I just wish we could a statesman, not a politician who care about America's future and its residents.

Deny the Left Right Paradigm.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
It is too bad the left/right paradigm, the my guy is better than your guy mentality exists in this country.

This has nothing to do with the left right paradigm.This has to do with who gets the delegates. And that's Romney! Romney is probably about as moderate as you're going to ever get. He is a centrist! At least on social issues. On the economy, he's pretty conservative. But he knows that drastic cuts are not going to go through congress either, so that's his moderate side seeping out.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Your unwavering support for a candidate that does support the Left Right Paradigm has everything to do with it. And don't take the personally, but the paradigm is alive and well. You are not the only one participating in it, in fact the system is designed so you have no choice.

It divides the country. Look at the posts and replies in your thread.

It slows down and/or stops constructive conversations.

It is insane

Deny the Left Right Paradigm.
edit on 27-5-2012 by sdocpublishing because: added a second line.

edit on 27-5-2012 by sdocpublishing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Your unwavering support for a candidate that does support the Left Right Paradigm has everything to do with it

First the left/right paradigm is a problem only to those who think its a problem. Others are happy with it and knows it exists! Why does it exist? Just look around you. Go to the south, then go to the North East. People have extremely different political view points... I have never seen any evidence which states that this doesn't exist. I don't know why people want to deny, you are an unwilling participant by even talking to people about any issue or even talking about politics in general.

You can tell me to deny the left/right paradigm all you want, but a silly talking point like that is going to get you nowhere. Vote your conscious I don't care, but you shouldn't care so much about who I vote for. Just vote yourself!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

First the left/right paradigm is a problem only to those who think its a problem.

It will exist as long as we allow it and I am stating that I think it is a problem.

We The People need to demand more from those who want to lead us.

but a silly talking point like that is going to get you nowhere.

Gandhi had a lot of silly talking points and he changed a nation. No, I am not comparing myself to Gandhi.
The voice of change starts with the first voice even against the cacophony of noise that is the status quo.

Vote your conscious I don't care, but you shouldn't care so much about who I vote for. Just vote yourself!

I have not said anything about you voting for anyone, at all. You on the other hand have been very clear about who you think others should vote for and have make many smarmy and rude remarks to those who oppose your political candidate of choice.

I made a clear statement that I desire a political system without divide and you have drug it down into this conversation.
edit on 27-5-2012 by sdocpublishing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hahaha, Ron Paul ended by his own State.

This is hillarious.

Get a clue Ron Paul backers, if he can't even win his own State, he's a bonified loser.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I have not said anything about you voting for anyone, at all. You on the other hand have been very clear about who you think others should vote for and have make many smarmy and rude remarks to those who oppose your political candidate of choice.

I made a clear statement that I desire a political system without divide and you have drug it down into this conversation.

So you want everyone to be the same? Or do you want everyone to agree with every issue??? That is never going to happen, but feel free to dream the impossible dream if you want. It's a free country.

On the contrary, I have never told others that they shouldn't vote for Paul. I have only presented FACTS to both sides of the issue. The issue of a brokered convention and the so-called real delegate count where they cannot even show me links to their made up data! And I am the one that has been reported by various users to get banned from this site!!!!
Its typical in politics when one so fundamentally disagrees with the other that they go around and try to silence their political enemies instead of having a rational debate.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Its typical in politics when one so fundamentally disagrees with the other that they go around and try to silence their political enemies instead of having a rational debate.

This is the result of following the left right paradigm. Issues are not discussed rationally and problems are not solved. People get bogged down arguing one candidate over another instead of standing up as a mass and saying we want these problems solved. We don't care if you are left or right we care than you can lead us, all of us. Not the republicans, the democrats, the independents, all of us.

When we stop defining politics on parties and instead focus on issues a productive conversation can occur.

I do not understand your line of negative comments and questions towards me.

Again, I only stated I desire a political system without divide.

You called my comments silly talking points instead of discussing the idea I propose.

No, I don't think everyone should be the same of think like me. I never said this or anything similar, I don't know how you infer this from my simple statement.

I never said you told anyone not to vote for Ron Paul I don't know why you mention this. I stated what your posts clearly state, Romney is your political candidate of choice.

You tell me not to worry about who you vote for when I made no comment about who you should vote for.

I am unwavering in my ideal that we need a political system without divide. I don't see why that is so inflammatory.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I did disprove it several times. I answered many of his questions. I can only go on answering people like he and you so long.

I didn't say that they provided sources.. I said you can check every state against the numbers they have and find that it is correct.

Read this and try to understand. The difference between realcount and the main stream media isn't the number of delegates Ron Paul has. Realcount doesn't give him that many more (even though the ones they give him he has) no, what you can't understand is that real count only gives Romney the delegates he actually has and does not include the states that haven't held conventions (all the yellow states on the map) they aren't saying he won't get those delegates, but he hasn't yet. The MSM counts are off because they have given those states without delegates to Romney based on projections. I can't make it any easier to understand, I have no reason to lie to you or anyone else. If you can't look at the 5 states Paul won, after Romney (and Santorum) took the popular vote, and understand why it is jumping the gun to give all the states left that haven't chosen delegation to Romney then I can't explain it to you. That is your problem.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Here is what will happen May 29th. The MSM will probably say Romney passed the nomination threshhold. You will come here and claim that you were right based solely on pro Romney sources (hard not to when his company Bain Capital owns clear channel communications), and you and the MSM will both be wrong. Not about who is the nominee, we won't know and Romney is ahead, but you will be wrong about the nomination and the delegate count.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The Map is bullcrap!!!!!! Look for example at Virginia. By LAW...Romney has bound first ballot delegates totaling 43 out of 49 delegates. 30 come from wins in 10 of 11 congressional districts there (Paul gets 3 delegates for his one district win)...13 more come from the at large delegates which go 100% to any candidate who gets more than 50% of the vote statewide...Romney got 59%. Finally, 3 delegates are allocated to state party leaders as uncommitted votes at the state convention in June.
The "What You Need to Know" page says "May 21, 4:15 PM Virginia Congressional Districts are complete. Paul takes 17 of 33, Romney takes 16. The final 16 delegates TBD June 16.”

Complete crap. They may have Paul fanatics in those 17 slots (doubtful because why else would they want to be bound to Romney? Unless if they don't understand the laws...) but 14 of the 17 are BOUND to vote for Romney. The notion that 16 delegates are at stake on June 16 is also BS...By LAW 13 must be given to Romney...and the other 3 are as described above and LIKELY to be party leaders like the governor!

Can you point me to another source that lists the delegates for Virginia which backs up the Paul map? Please do... I am waiting...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

What you don't understand is that there is conflict that is why the state is red on the map, because they have had the convention but there is no clear winner.

Want to know why there is no clear winner? Because Ron Paul has the majority of Delegates 17 of 33, however they have to pledge to vote for Romney since he is awarded them by the state. Here read your source and it explains a little and has a link to a blog that discusses it. This is from your greenpapers.

Following the local elections, each of the 11 Congressional Districts will hold a convention and elect three Delegates to the Republican National Convention (who will be pledged according to the results of the Virginia Republican Primary).

The district convention also nominates a Presidential Elector who would represent the district in the Electoral College if the Republican Presidential nominee carries Virginia on Tuesday 6 November 2012. Only duly elected Delegates representing the independent cities and counties of the congressional district may vote at the congressional district convention.

1st District: 12 May
2nd District: 12 May
3rd District: 12 May
4th District: 28 April
5th District: 19 May
6th District: 5 May
7th District: 12 May
8th District: 12 May
9th District: 28 April
10th District: 19 May
11th District: 19 May

Reference: Republican Party of Virginia Current Congressional District Committee Calls. Thanks to David Edmonson for the link.

20 May 2012 from BLOG4President.us: Ron Paul Decisively Wins Minnesota and Carries Delegates in Multiple Other States. " ... in Virginia ... 11 district conventions ... Ron Paul supporters won 17 of 33 national delegates selected ..."

Green Papers
blog

Ron Paul has 17 of his delegates selected, if they abstain from voting in the first round (the only way they can avoid voting for Romney in the first) then he has won the state. The map doesn't give those delegates freely to Paul it says it is too close to determine a clear winner (maybe you didn't learn how to read a map legend in school) so this does not in any way debunk the map. Try again.

What you clearly can't understand is that Ron Paul has his supporters in 17 of the delegate slots for Virginia. The map doesn't give the state to Paul because of this but lists it in a way that explains who the delegates support. The reason they have Paul supporters in those 17 slots is because they aren't entirely bound to Romney. They are only bound to Romney for the first round of votes (and even then they can abstain from voting) after that they can vote for whoever they want (Ron Paul). Get with it man.

It is really sad that you guys can't understand this "it's the delegates dummy" strategy.. I guess that is why they tossed dummy on the end, in anticipation.
edit on 27-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Let them keep on thinking that he has no chance, let them be stupid.

Hell, let the idiots laugh about Ron Paul supporters until the convention, then look at their stumped looks.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm not going to hold my breath. Remember: 14 of the 17 are BOUND to vote for Romney. The notion that 16 delegates are at stake on June 16 is BS...By LAW 13 must be given to Romney...and the other 3 are as described above and LIKELY to be party leaders like the governor! So they will never vote for Paul.

The reason that they are upset is probably like you they probably misinterpreted Rule 38 wrong which I already explained in a previous post. It's easy to do because its worded weirdly.

Its really simple math which you are twisting to make your own assumptions so that they can work in your favor. It's what that whole map does! Another thing to point out. Green Papers is free. The map asks you to "Donate" to them. I trust the greenpapers since they have the audacity to refuse donations! They like the honor of their hard work.

Remember about the 50% mark, that's stated in the rules as well. Romney won more than 50% in Virginia!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join