Flashing UFO passing the ISS

page: 2
29
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
We see lots of space junk, from Earth. Imagine how much better you can see it from space!. There are thousands of space junk items, from 30 meters down to inches, they tumble and reflect sunlight. Not an unreasonable explaination, so until one comes up real close, and looks you in the eye...... Lets just go with space junk until it is obvious that it cannot be.




posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It's CGI.

Look closely-You can see clear distortion around the object as the black of space is is lighter than the surrounding space.



posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
We see lots of space junk, from Earth. Imagine how much better you can see it from space!. There are thousands of space junk items, from 30 meters down to inches, they tumble and reflect sunlight. Not an unreasonable explaination, so until one comes up real close, and looks you in the eye...... Lets just go with space junk until it is obvious that it cannot be.


I used to think so, too, but the more I checked out what the crew usually sees, and thought about the relative motion rates, the less I believed a crew would EVER see small objects in other-than-parallel orbits. I finally checked with a friend who watches combo alerts for conjunctions with hazardous objects, and he made it clear that on several occasions they asked the crew to watch for, and aim cameras at, relatively large objects crossing near them. There was never even a glimpse of a flash.

At greater ranges, the angular rates are lower, and ISS crewmembers HAVE see Iridium flashes, but only at great effort. In theory, something BIG -- S4B size, for example -- would be visible for several seconds at ranges of hundreds of km. But 'space junk'?

I've come to realize that unless it's something off your own vehicle in a parallel orbit, or something that has deliberately matched your orbital plane, you're never going to see it.

Hence my interest in this video -- if it proves other than a clever hoax.



posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by charlyv
We see lots of space junk, from Earth. Imagine how much better you can see it from space!. There are thousands of space junk items, from 30 meters down to inches, they tumble and reflect sunlight. Not an unreasonable explaination, so until one comes up real close, and looks you in the eye...... Lets just go with space junk until it is obvious that it cannot be.


I used to think so, too, but the more I checked out what the crew usually sees, and thought about the relative motion rates, the less I believed a crew would EVER see small objects in other-than-parallel orbits. I finally checked with a friend who watches combo alerts for conjunctions with hazardous objects, and he made it clear that on several occasions they asked the crew to watch for, and aim cameras at, relatively large objects crossing near them. There was never even a glimpse of a flash.

At greater ranges, the angular rates are lower, and ISS crewmembers HAVE see Iridium flashes, but only at great effort. In theory, something BIG -- S4B size, for example -- would be visible for several seconds at ranges of hundreds of km. But 'space junk'?

I've come to realize that unless it's something off your own vehicle in a parallel orbit, or something that has deliberately matched your orbital plane, you're never going to see it.

Hence my interest in this video -- if it proves other than a clever hoax.



Yes, and I agree that planned observation usually provides low results, however, there is no way that NASA can tell you how an object will present itself, because they do not record, or have the ability to calculate spin data.

This is crucial to observing tumbling debris depending upon it;s attitude relative to the sun when the debris flies by.
If you look at the database of objects larger than a breadbox, you see so much is flying out there, and I think that this is what they are seeing, and just do not comment on it because it is so frequent.



posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'd love to be able to say with certainty that what we are seeing is a visiting e.t. craft, but it could also be a military craft that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Thanks posting the interesting video!



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I don't know,

I wouldn't rule out a 'flasher'. A strobe light would be very bright and patterned, a tumbling satellite could be bright too, but only according to its reflectivity. The light here is not very bright, nor particularly patterned. I take it that this is not the 'dragon' capsule, captured yesterday, that was over Australia.



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cybersk8er
 
Nice capture on that video...it is what you think it is... a pulsating UFO. Expect the usual panic from Jim Oberg & his debunking clan, it just means that this video is important. I was watching the latest space views on a new National Geo channel doc. & when it showed some ISS video I saw the same pulsating objects on it! Very distant pulsating objects moving in the opposite direction of the stars!



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Now this is one of the most interesting UFO videos I've ever seen on ATS...

Definitely not an ice particle because it disappears behind the arm of the ISS...

The flashing seems to be artificial too... seems like the most likely explanation is rocket or satellite.

It shouldn't be very hard to work out what it is, if it is a man made object.



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Yes, and I agree that planned observation usually provides low results, however, there is no way that NASA can tell you how an object will present itself, because they do not record, or have the ability to calculate spin data.

This is crucial to observing tumbling debris depending upon it;s attitude relative to the sun when the debris flies by.
If you look at the database of objects larger than a breadbox, you see so much is flying out there, and I think that this is what they are seeing, and just do not comment on it because it is so frequent.


Yeah because debris travels faster than any equipment we have.



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Now this is one of the most interesting UFO videos I've ever seen on ATS...

Definitely not an ice particle because it disappears behind the arm of the ISS...

The flashing seems to be artificial too... seems like the most likely explanation is rocket or satellite.

It shouldn't be very hard to work out what it is, if it is a man made object.


Agreed -- except it requirers the poster to provide date/time of the video, which for some unexplained reason, he refuses to do.



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by buzzEmiller
reply to post by cybersk8er
 
Nice capture on that video...it is what you think it is... a pulsating UFO. Expect the usual panic from Jim Oberg & his debunking clan, it just means that this video is important. I was watching the latest space views on a new National Geo channel doc. & when it showed some ISS video I saw the same pulsating objects on it! Very distant pulsating objects moving in the opposite direction of the stars!



Could you provide some basic data for independent corroboration, such as the name of the program and approx time into it -- and the description of the video in terms of WHEN it had been taken?

As for the objects being 'distant', was there a ranging device such as radar functioning, or are you just making another wild guess based on your imagination?



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Now this is one of the most interesting UFO videos I've ever seen on ATS...

Definitely not an ice particle because it disappears behind the arm of the ISS...

The flashing seems to be artificial too... seems like the most likely explanation is rocket or satellite.

It shouldn't be very hard to work out what it is, if it is a man made object.

Some more of my thoughts after watching it a couple more times...

Were it some type of space junk reflecting Sun light that would indicate it was rotating. Yet for the first few seconds of the video it doesn't appear to light up at all. There should be a constant period between each glimmer.

Were it some type of space junk reflecting Sun light that doesn't explain why it appears so luminous the rest of the time. That thing, if space junk, must be huge, and for some reason must be extremely reflective to glow like that.

Were it some type of man made craft, then we must be witnessing the launch of said craft because it comes up out of the atmosphere (or from behind the Earth) and then appears to take on an orbit around the Earth.

Were it some type of man-made craft it would be going much slower than that. That thing is shooting along the curvature of Earth at blistering speeds. There's no way we have any craft in space capable of those speeds.

Were it some type of close-range particle moving past the camera it wouldn't disappear behind the ISS. The object even appears between the small gap in the ISS arm as it moves across. This thing is at a distance.
edit on 26-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Were it some type of close-range particle moving past the camera it wouldn't disappear behind the ISS. The object even appears between the small gap in the ISS arm as it moves across. This thing is at a distance.


I agree. This blip, if it is a real object and not a CGI hoax, is very unlike the 'ordinary' spacecraft-generated dots usually posted on youtube.

All the more reason to press for disclosure of the date/time it was made, so it can be independantly verified to have been on the original video, and not added in.



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cybersk8er
 


I LOVE this one OP


It almost seemed the UFO waited until the ISS got a bit closer to dispel any dispute on whether or not this was a satellite which CLEARLY, it wasn't.
[snip]
edit on 26-5-2012 by elevatedone because: removed unecessary commentary



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JKF1897
It's CGI.

Look closely-You can see clear distortion around the object as the black of space is is lighter than the surrounding space.



Would you do us a favor? Please show us one video that doesn't show distortion around its subject?

It's called pixelation but sure......CGI does exist but CGI isn't always present in these amazing videos.
We (they) do capture genuine flying crafts once in a while because accept or reject it but.... there are hundreds if not thousands of UFOs in and around this planet!! Human and alien.


(I can't wait until we become telepathic so these debates will cease and we can all be on the same brain page)



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by buzzEmiller
reply to post by cybersk8er
 
Nice capture on that video...it is what you think it is... a pulsating UFO. Expect the usual panic from Jim Oberg & his debunking clan, it just means that this video is important. I was watching the latest space views on a new National Geo channel doc. & when it showed some ISS video I saw the same pulsating objects on it! Very distant pulsating objects moving in the opposite direction of the stars!



Actually I am more sceptical than Jim, he is not debunking anything as yet. Perhaps there is something in particular that is his interest here. I've done away with the junk thing though, it seems like the object when rising, actually does a semi-loop away to the left then back to the right. The film is jerky though, repeated in the same places.



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cybersk8er
 


It could also be Richard Branson flying his new spaceship





 
29
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join