It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

say BYE BYE to ice cream

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by apporro
what the hell is wrong with you people?
its not so much getting fat, its much more about cancer and not having children.
if you like eating this poison, then enjoy it.
if you are butthurt that other people are getting aware then good.
if you think its "gay" good for you.
we people prefer natural stuff, pure food.
if you think you are a cool guy eating your processed ice cream with 10 stabilizers enjoy.

Life is a choice. Choices are within life.

You make a statement disapproving of other choices and options, get noticiably worked up that others are making choices, then at the end tell people to keep doing what they are doing. That's contradiction.

By all means is it hard to disagree with the food additives, obvious poison that HFCS is, and other additives made in a laboratory. Get educated, obtain knowledge, and use that knowledge.

Insulting muddies your message from being factual to being sensational.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Blah, nothing is good for you these days. Next thing we'll hear is that ice cream gives you cancer.

I am one of the lucky ones, I can eat anything I want whenever I want. Being 4 and a half stone overweight is the new thin! ,.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
And buddy, if youre that worried about chemicals-Get a respirator, drink triple purified and boiled water, grow your own food inside your home with an air purifying system, and dont touch any porous surfaces.

Starred. Well said, JoyFlores.

Also look into the zoning for your location to look into a green house.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
you know despite the fear mongering ice cream slandering you have just thrown at me I think I may just go get a bowl of the peanut butter cup ice cream in the freezer. Oh and I dont have a weight problem either, I am healthy and eat no vegetables. Go figure

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't eat ice cream that often, because it is soooo addicting, but when I do, I buy Breyer's Natural Ice Cream, it has a few basic ingredients and nothing more. This is in the US.

There are times when I'm going to indulge and in those cases, I don't care. The trick is to save it for special occasions and not to have it in the freezer all the time.

I try to eat healthy, take vitamins and supplements, and exercise, but there are times when you gotta have something yummy. I used to make my own ice cream, but occasionally, I'll buy a carton and my husband and I will pig out. I gotta be "bad" once in a while, or life becomes one fussy, nit-picky, boring marathon of trying to get as old as possible without dying.

Nothing is safe anymore....Not the air, water, sunshine, or food. Life is becoming a fear-fest of dread. Sometimes, for my own mental health, I just gotta say "f- it" and eat something decadent and decidedly unhealthy.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

I have to agree the amount of health nuts that have popped up over the last 5-10yrs is laughable. They attack one thing after another.You think ok well now that they have finished determining this is bad for me we can move on. Oh no wait another thing that is bad for me?

First off I agree 100% that a good majority of people in at least America (won't speak for other countries) have been eating this stuff for the last 50 + yrs. Not all of us are dying and or dead from some horrible food induced disease. I remember when I was about 12 or so it was Saccharin and everyone said we were going to die from cancer for drinking diet drinks and sugar free gum.

I also wanted to point out that by a general rule Ice Cream isn't necessarily a health food lol, so not sure what the deal is there anyway. Aside from that I think all these don't eat this, don't smoke that, and don't drink that people need to learn to live and stop trying to keep others from doing so. Life truly doesn't revolve around insurance rates, medical costs, and artificial ingredients. I promise you there is a lot more to it, and the sooner you start living the better off we will all be

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Did you just say EVEN sneakers ice cream? You think sneakers is a good brand? Far from it, ALL main stream candy company's put poison in their candy. EVERY SINGLE MAINSTREAM FOOD BRAND IS POISON! I know from experience. 6 years ago I made a choice to go on a strict diet. No GMO, unatrual chemicals, ect... Start looking at ingredients in all your food. Even if it says "all natural". It is hard to come by healthy ice cream, you have to go to a organic store. I know ben and jerrys has some ice creams witch do not contain crap as well as ben and jerry's but not much.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Did you just say EVEN sneakers ice cream? You think sneakers is a good brand? Far from it, ALL main stream candy company's put poison in their candy. EVERY SINGLE MAINSTREAM FOOD BRAND IS POISON! I know from experience. 6 years ago I made a choice to go on a strict diet. No GMO, unatrual chemicals, ect... Start looking at ingredients in all your food. Even if it says "all natural". It is hard to come by healthy ice cream, you have to go to a organic store. I know ben and jerrys has some ice creams witch do not contain crap as well as ben and jerry's but not much.

This may be a bit of a one liner, but you do know that Whole Foods & other such stores are not able to completely block out GMOs, yes? You may already be consuming them unless you strictly only eat your own food.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

I have to agree the amount of health nuts that have popped up over the last 5-10yrs is laughable. They attack one thing after another.You think ok well now that they have finished determining this is bad for me we can move on. Oh no wait another thing that is bad for me?

First off I agree 100% that a good majority of people in at least America (won't speak for other countries) have been eating this stuff for the last 50 + yrs. Not all of us are dying and or dead from some horrible food induced disease. I remember when I was about 12 or so it was Saccharin and everyone said we were going to die from cancer for drinking diet drinks and sugar free gum.

I also wanted to point out that by a general rule Ice Cream isn't necessarily a health food lol, so not sure what the deal is there anyway. Aside from that I think all these don't eat this, don't smoke that, and don't drink that people need to learn to live and stop trying to keep others from doing so. Life truly doesn't revolve around insurance rates, medical costs, and artificial ingredients. I promise you there is a lot more to it, and the sooner you start living the better off we will all be

We have not been eating this crap for 50 years. It is now in just about every thing. Its very hard to find REAL processed food in a regular grocery store. You obviously have no idea what they put in your food or you would not eat it. Would you pour juice inside the gas tank of your ferrari? Well you eat crap so you probably would pour juice in the gas tank of a ferrari.

Have you seen the cancer death rates? Do you know what aspertaim is? Do you know how many people die a year from drinking diat soda and eating gum witch contain aspartame a HIGHLY toxic ingredient used to make PAINT. Do you know what agenda 21 is? This poisen is in your food for population control. If your stupid enough to eat it and think that it does not effect your body or mind like your some kind of supper being then maybe you need to be apart of the population control.

Oh and no one is keeping you from eating this crap, if you want to eat it its your choice. I think its a dumb choice, your paying large supper company's witch are taking our freedom to poisen you.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I laugh at all you jumping on the Organic diet bandwagon and such. Its freaking hilarious. I grew up eating all kinds of crap (and up until my back injury in January of this year) I had 6% body fat. No special diet. I eat whatever I want, work out and train.
Oh, and Im not a young kid either. Its just laughable to hear people with their diet plans, magic pills, new fad workouts, etc. How about you just moderate the caloric intake, get up off the couch and get some freaking exercise?

I agree with you.

The "organic/natural" market has been proven to be BS hundreds of times by hundreds of different people. Every time someone sees a strange unfamiliar designation for a common chemical (usually the scientific name) they freak out about poison.

Frankly food today is much healthier than it ever has been in the past.

link   

Originally posted by Komod0Dragon

This may be a bit of a one liner, but you do know that Whole Foods & other such stores are not able to completely block out GMOs, yes? You may already be consuming them unless you strictly only eat your own food.

Of coarse, I look at ingredients for every thing i buy. Just because its in a "organic store" does not mean its organic. Just because a product says all natural or organic does not mean its is.

link   

I laugh at all you jumping on the Organic diet bandwagon and such. Its freaking hilarious. I grew up eating all kinds of crap (and up until my back injury in January of this year) I had 6% body fat. No special diet. I eat whatever I want, work out and train.
Oh, and Im not a young kid either. Its just laughable to hear people with their diet plans, magic pills, new fad workouts, etc. How about you just moderate the caloric intake, get up off the couch and get some freaking exercise?

The point isn't to lose weight, your body fat isn't the only indicator of your health believe it or not. Why do you think most cancer patients are not overweight and yet they're still dying?
edit on 5/25/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

How would you even know how healthy food was ages ago?

Before the FDA no one was required to put ingredients on labels. Companies were known to put some actual poison such as arsenic and paint thinners in their food. It wasn't until the FDA came into existence that they could ensure the food was actually safe to eat. Back in the day if 1200 people in a town died of salmonella it was probably blamed on the wrath of God. Now we know, thanks to the FDA and USDA that it's actually farm workers using the spinach crops as a bathroom.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Well since you don't know whether what you're actually eating is organic or natural or not because there is no one around to make sure those claims are true what is the point of an organic diet?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Plus with global warming, the polar ice cream caps will be gone soon anyway.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
reply to post by Infi8nity

How would you even know how healthy food was ages ago?

Before the FDA no one was required to put ingredients on labels. Companies were known to put some actual poison such as arsenic and paint thinners in their food. It wasn't until the FDA came into existence that they could ensure the food was actually safe to eat. Back in the day if 1200 people in a town died of salmonella it was probably blamed on the wrath of God. Now we know, thanks to the FDA and USDA that it's actually farm workers using the spinach crops as a bathroom.

So your saying you trust the FDA? The same FDA that approved Aspartame and Neotame (neotame does not have to be listed and its far more toxic then aspartame) Do you know what Aspartame is? I do not think you have done any research on food. Maybe you should and get back to us.

link   

edit on 25-5-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

link   
Ben & Jerry's is organic unless I am mistaken. Haagen Dazs is also very nice but not sure about the organicness. Otherwise it's

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

We have not been eating this crap for 50 years. It is now in just about every thing. Its very hard to find REAL processed food in a regular grocery store. You obviously have no idea what they put in your food or you would not eat it. Would you pour juice inside the gas tank of your ferrari? Well you eat crap so you probably would pour juice in the gas tank of a ferrari.

Have you seen the cancer death rates? Do you know what aspertaim is? Do you know how many people die a year from drinking diat soda and eating gum witch contain aspartame a HIGHLY toxic ingredient used to make PAINT. Do you know what agenda 21 is? This poisen is in your food for population control. If your stupid enough to eat it and think that it does not effect your body or mind like your some kind of supper being then maybe you need to be apart of the population control.

Oh and no one is keeping you from eating this crap, if you want to eat it its your choice. I think its a dumb choice, your paying large supper company's witch are taking our freedom to poisen you.

First off I never said it was all good for you I said people have been using this stuff for ages and there aren't mass deaths world wide from it that can be proven anyway. One can statistically say that 1 in 10 cancer victims got cancer from Aspartame or Cigarettes, but there is no actual proof that is where it came from. As I can just as easily say that 1 in 10 cancer victims had perfectly healthy lifestyles and be as accurate.

Secondly as for your claim. I think you are the one that needs to do some more research.

IV. Background on Aspartame

The tumultuous history of the food additive aspartame began serendipitously thirty-five years ago. On the day that James M. Schlatter, a chemist, unintentionally discovered it, he was working on an anti-ulcer drug. As Mr. Schlatter mixed asparatic acid and phenylalanine, two naturally occurring amino acids that are the building blocks of protein, he stuck his finger in the mixture and for some reason decided to taste it. "I licked my finger and it tasted good." He later recalled. And with that, a new, low-calorie sweetener was born. [20] What has happened since that fateful day in 1965 comprises the additive's struggle from birth to maturity; not unlike a human being moving from inception to adulthood, aspartame has overcome many hurdles and incited much controversy on its path to a somewhat more stable maturity.

Source

Creating High Fructose Corn Syrup
Until 1957, no one believed corn could be sweet. As for high fructose corn syrup, how could that be? Corn has glucose not fructose. Researchers created an enzyme called glucose isomerase in 1957. It rearranged the composition of glucose in corn syrup and made it into fructose. It turned a mildly sweet corn syrup into the highly sweet high fructose corn syrup. It began being produced on an industrial scale in the 1970s.

Source

As for your E's well I can't even find anything correlating to those numbers you posted in your OP. But I think my I have proven that Aspartame and HFCS have been around for at least 40yrs +

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

All these people stuffing their face with bad food, and people are taking away smokers rights everyday...
Your all next.. Mark my words.

You have a right to smoke. But you don't have a right to force your habit on those around you. If you want to rot your lungs and go around smelling like a used fag end, be my guest.
I'm very happyy that smoking is now banned from many public spaces. About time!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join