It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

say BYE BYE to ice cream

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Originally posted by dbloch7986
reply to post by Infi8nity

How would you even know how healthy food was ages ago?

Before the FDA no one was required to put ingredients on labels. Companies were known to put some actual poison such as arsenic and paint thinners in their food. It wasn't until the FDA came into existence that they could ensure the food was actually safe to eat. Back in the day if 1200 people in a town died of salmonella it was probably blamed on the wrath of God. Now we know, thanks to the FDA and USDA that it's actually farm workers using the spinach crops as a bathroom.

So your saying you trust the FDA? The same FDA that approved Aspartame and Neotame (neotame does not have to be listed and its far more toxic then aspartame) Do you know what Aspartame is? I do not think you have done any research on food. Maybe you should and get back to us.

Oh yes I have sat here in front of my computer and googled aspartame countless times, which I am sure is the extent of the "research" you're talking about.

Fine, don't trust the FDA but the next time that you find yourself helplessly wading in a pool of diarreah don't say that the FDA didn't warn you not to eat that spinach.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I love Ice Cream but I hate rBGH and herbicides and pesticides and antibiotics in their concentrated forms (cream). It is required for good health now days that we now seek out only organic forms of food which used to be what common food was without any label. The danger of ice cream is not as much the preservatives which are bad but also the way the milk is produced which is toxic to humans more often than not.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

It's been almost conclusively proven that cancer is the result of inherited genetic defects and that despite your exposure to supposed "carcinogens" such as cigarettes or aspartame you would have almost certainly come down with it anyway. The only things that have been conclusively proven to cause cancer in someone that was not already predestined to get it are mutagens and radiation.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo
I love Ice Cream but I hate rBGH and herbicides and pesticides and antibiotics in their concentrated forms (cream). It is required for good health now days that we now seek out only organic forms of food which used to be what common food was without any label. The danger of ice cream is not as much the preservatives which are bad but also the way the milk is produced which is toxic to humans more often than not.

I pose to you the question:

How are you so certain that you are eating organic foods?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo

I pose to you the question:

How are you so certain that you are eating organic foods?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The other day I picked some up in the Supermarket and then put it back down again for the same reason.

Seems some people in the thread are confused as to whether we're discussing calories or substances which are toxic to the human body

Originally posted by apporro
if you want to be healthy better say bye bye to 90% of all store ice creams.
Literally everything is filled with "E" E202, E303, E404,E406 all the Es.
imagine my disgust when i decided to make my own ice cream, and found out the cream i just added contained the same chemicals.
yes, even snickers ice cream and all the good brands are filled with this.
you know whats funny?
ice cream is frozen.....it cant go bad...couse its in the freezer all day. why preservatives? why all 4 of them?

if you want to eat that poison and be a good slave dont call me when you become obese.
wake up planet earth.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Trust me, once I opened up to the hidden poisons around me I started dropping them left and right. Stopped smoking as well having learned how much was out there.

Oh yeah and tip for careful shoppers, keep an eye for ads on tv. You can tell which foods/products to avoid by which commercials are shown. As for the people thinking everything is dandy or fine the way it is, get your head out of the sand! No one gives a # about our health when it comes to $$$ literally every processed food (even some natural) has something in it that will screw you or your children over (if you can even have any.) False advertising is also good for business so don't buy in to the bull crap that only feeds in to their expansion...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

It's been almost conclusively proven that cancer is the result of inherited genetic defects and that despite your exposure to supposed "carcinogens" such as cigarettes or aspartame you would have almost certainly come down with it anyway. The only things that have been conclusively proven to cause cancer in someone that was not already predestined to get it are mutagens and radiation.

Thats bs, if this wear true then the rate of witch people wear getting it would stay the same. This is like saying ufo's are swamp gas. Why are you fighting this so much? Your argument cannot be won. Your trying to justify eating unhealthy. Every one knows organic food is much better for your body and mental health.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You don't even know if what you're eating is organic.

How can everyone know organic is healthier if they don't even know if what they're eating is organic

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm eating a Magnum right now, I really don't care if it's poisonous, it's hot in here, this ice cream is cold, and it tastes damn fine!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

LOL, LightSpeed! My cats will stand at attention for a lick of vanilla ice cream. Sinfully delicious foods will make any mammal a zombie.

Thanks to this thread, I am now really jonesing for some ice cream....

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Komod0Dragon

Are you saying obese people should not reproduce?
I could agree with that, I mean, who would knowingly want to put their kid at a disadvantage before the kid even had a chance. I sort of see that as setting someone up to fail.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

You don't even know if what you're eating is organic.

How can everyone know organic is healthier if they don't even know if what they're eating is organic

You cant know %100 just as you cant know any thing %100. But that does not mean you should willingly eat crap. Just because you MIGHT eat a little bit does not mean you should eat allot of it. You learn by trial and error. You test the quality of the products and look up the company to see if they are truly trust worthy. You buy LOCAL food and stay away from processed packaged food. Its not that hard, its not rocket science. Their is all so USDA organic labels (witch i do not completely trust) Read the ingredients and you shall know.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Thats bs, if this wear true then the rate of witch people wear getting it would stay the same. This is like saying ufo's are swamp gas. Why are you fighting this so much? Your argument cannot be won. Your trying to justify eating unhealthy. Every one knows organic food is much better for your body and mental health.

First off this "Trend" (and yes sorry but it is nothing more then a trend) started about 5yrs ago or so. There has not been enough evidence to support that eating organic is healthier. Why because the colonies where so healthy back in the day before all this stuff was created with their average lifespan of all of what 40?

The fact that you are so adamantly fighting for something that is so new is hilarious to me. You wanted to talk about the rates of cancer and obesity going up and up? Look at all the other stuff out there. The funniest part about the Organic trend is that its literally a cop out. People on here talk about others being sheeple, well the Organic trend is a class A example of Sheeple. You aren't even making decisions for yourself you are basing this all on something you read or heard from someone you probably don't even know.

Get rid of this and that, but yet one of the biggest known proven Carcinogens in the world is still being used by you and others. Gasoline and automobiles. The exhaust from a car is 10 x more Carcinogenic then a cigarette. What about all the new gadgets you own and use? Cell Phones, LCD tv's, GPS, etc. Do you think these do nothing bad to your body? But its easier to blame it on the food and change your diet and justify it then it is to give up your car or one of those devices.

And furthermore what are you going to do in 20-40yrs when they come out and say that they have found eating an all organic diet is potentially bad for your health. Can't happen you say? Why not? Do you have some guarantee that say there isn't a potentially deadly pathogen that occurs naturally in food and is killed off by something used to kill off bugs etc?

I promise you one thing the more things they determine cause Cancer that we do away with the more they are going to find. What's next cover the sky in clouds to dampen out the sunlight and starlight? What about eliminate electricity as power lines are proven to cause cancer. You can sit in a sterile room and never touch anything that hasn't been sterilized. Keep all fumes, smoke, and exhaust out of your house. Filter all natural light and anything else you can think of, and you could still get cancer.

I challenge you to ask a Doctor if there is conclusive evidence to support that Cigarettes, Aspartame, or any other number of items cause cancer, and if they say yes they are lying because there is no conclusive evidence to support it. Sure it can increase your odds of cancer and there are studies to prove that, but they cannot say with 100% certainty that it causes it.

As for obesity the problem that happened in America is not additives. That is a cop out and an excuse. The problem is that Americans are just lazy. We sit in front of computers and TV's and lounge for hours at a time. We went from drinking a 12 oz can of coke to drinking a 20oz bottle or more. We went from eating a small fry from Mickey D's to eating a Super Sized one. Kids don't roam the streets and play for hours on end anymore because of computers and tv. Imagination is dead.

Diabetes, see aforementioned increases of food quantities. There is no harm in drinking a coke in moderation. There is no harm in eating Ice cream or other sweets in moderation. Smoking, sure it's not the healthiest thing in the world and sure I understand wanting to stay away from it and wanting it out of some Public institutions. I do not agree with banning it from Parks or other outdoor venues. The fact that people contend that smoking is somehow hazardous to them in the open air while they are inhaling car fumes all the while is ludicrous.
edit on 5/25/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by Komod0Dragon

Are you saying obese people should not reproduce?
I could agree with that, I mean, who would knowingly want to put their kid at a disadvantage before the kid even had a chance. I sort of see that as setting someone up to fail.

The truly scary thing to me is that mentalities like this are blooming up across the globe, but you are worried about an additive that you have been eating since before you had a choice?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by apporro

I have worked in two ice cream plants. Ice cream is: cream, dry skim milk, sucrose and or fructose, a stabiliser, such as carageenan, or corn starch, food coloring, and flavoring. Depending on the grade of the product you buy, you get better ingredients, like with anything else. Ice cream is a very serious business, as is any food manufacturing. Very, very stringent state and federal laws, and the SQF certification required almost exclusively by customers makes for a vey safe, quality product. Fyi, ice cream has to contain 10% butterfat to be labeled as ice cream. Anything less will be labeled as "frozen dessert".
edit on 25-5-2012 by darkwingduck because: forgetfulness.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by apporro

I've been "off" ice cream, milk, and cheese (and of course "meat") for a long time. The last time I had ice cream a woman I like was eating a cone and offered me a lick (of the ice cream, heh heh). Since it was her, I of course licked. And what did I experience? After being off the stuff for several years it tasted horrible. Yech.

I've eaten Rice Dream for a long time, and love it. For those "off" ice cream Rice Dream tastes very similar. A trick of the brain and some pretty smart food producers.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i said bye to ice cream a long time ago ,

and BTW if you really want to be healthy...eventually you will get to a point ( like me) where you look at a label and if you see "sugar" or any artificial sweetener, artificial colors or flavors, preservatives, vinegar, ..i think that's it unless I'm missing something.... you don't eat it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by apporro

I had -quit- icecream sometime back, because ya know what else is in it? GUAR GUM which gives me HORRIBLE gas. ***W*T*F*** is that (snip) doing in (sniping) ice friggin cream???

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
I laugh at all you jumping on the Organic diet bandwagon and such. Its freaking hilarious. I grew up eating all kinds of crap (and up until my back injury in January of this year) I had 6% body fat. No special diet. I eat whatever I want, work out and train.
Oh, and Im not a young kid either. Its just laughable to hear people with their diet plans, magic pills, new fad workouts, etc. How about you just moderate the caloric intake, get up off the couch and get some freaking exercise?
......ya i believe they are talking about the chemicals in the "crap" that you grew up eating. you know chemicals that cause complications to your health?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join