It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Hypocrisy on Full Display…Another Non-Issue by the Left

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Did I call anyone jerks? No, so why did you link my posts? Yes, I did get banned from chat for stating that someone was being exactly what they were being at the time...they cried and told on me. Are so you mad that you need that to bring up something that happened a long time ago and had nothing to do with you and try to use it as ammo?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why don't you try replying to this post instead. I don't really make threads on republicans anymore, it's pointless to single out either side as the problem.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Context is everything nope didn't really care about til someone started making an issue out of labels in this thread.

Second.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think this is REDICULOUS! As a male that works in the healthcare industry almost everybody except the doctors are females and I feel like that some of these certain "white collar" jobs are unfairlay aimed towards females. The male doctors always hire the females as secretaries, MA's, and nurses etc... WAAAYYYY more than males, because honestly when you walk into a health clinic would you want to be treated by beautiful WOMEN at the desk and taking you back to the doctor's office, or men? The women in my particular working field have it SO much better and get hired over men 90% of the time that it makes me sick. Sexism in the work place. Most definitely. But it's caused by women. I don't see any women working in very many "blue collar" jobs, mostly teaching and the medical field and other "cushy" jobs as well. Maybe if we gave some of these "underpaid women" some blue collar jobs that paid more we could see how they would handle it. Probably quit after the first day.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

Why don't you try replying to this post instead. I don't really make threads on republicans anymore, it's pointless to single out either side as the problem.

But I did. I'm a libertarian-conservative.

I can't stand big government. Be it R or D.

I am an individualist. I preach personal responsibility (my 20 year old son hates it) and individual rights.

I wasn't here during the Bush era, but perhaps I can dig up some sites that I did write on (I got paid for that) where I have proof of what I've been saying.

Mittens, is going to be our next POTUS. If he doesn't get rid of the drones, then we can both bash him.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I wish I knew why it is still an issue. Busy work to justify the paycheck that they are getting, maybe? It just appears that there is already a remedy in place for this. If it is something that an employer can be taken to court over, doesn't that mean that it is already illegal to discriminate in pay between male and female employees? If it were not illegal, what cause would an employee have to have this heard in court?

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but to this lowly female, it seems to be a case of legislating something that is already a law. Kind of like the idea of introducing a bill to make all stop signs red. But, wait, aren't stop signs already red, you ask? Why yes, yes they are. So, why would anyone introduce legislation to make all stop signs red if they all are red now? Busy work, to make it look like they are doing something important to justify receiving the paycheck from the taxpayers.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have no issues with accurate labels Neo.
But it's rather amusing you calling me out for labeling when you have done it yourself and have also cried about about being labeled.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I thought the whole "war on women" thing started out as a right wing bid by Romney, against the Democrats..?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wow, that's almost as bad as the republicans that strike out against gay marriage then hook up with their boyfriend on the downlow at the local gay bar!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So let's be perfectly clear here what labels are not acceptable to use on here?

Waiting.

And there is a difference when they are ad homenim attacks.
edit on 24-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't worry, I'll let ya know when they happen.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Wow, that's almost as bad as the republicans that strike out against gay marriage then hook up with their boyfriend on the downlow at the local gay bar!!

Apples/Oranges

You're comparing what a few republicans did to a democratic "meme" that involved the media.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And there's no Republican meme about gay marriage being against God and family values in the media? Come on! How can you sit there and say that you attack equally but continually minimize the crap Republicans pull while jumping er hopping up and down all excited when there's Democrat crap to be discussed....
edit on 24-5-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I thought this sounded familiar. The "Paycheck Fairness Act" is introduced in each new Congress and "dies" on the floor as neither Party supports it.

It's described as:
"A bill to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to provide more effective remedies to victims of discrimination in the payment of wages on the basis of sex, and for other purposes."

The problem is "other purposes", not the issue of fair pay for the same work. It's being used as a trick to sneak other items into an Act making it the law of the land. Even if the main purpose is right and good, when they tack on other items it kills the attempt to pass an Act. Devious politicians on both sides do this all the time, then after it fails they pretend it failed due to the advertised purpose instead of the truth; that it failed because some insane Partisan item was wrongly added to it.

As I said in my prior post, they assume the voters are to illiterate to know the truth and they are generally right. Those who are for the hidden item in the Act or Bill lie and pretend they believe it died for that reason also.

It's a scam folks and an obvious extension of the divide and conquer tactics by control freaks who don't actually give a damn about anything other than getting what they want and controlling everyone else.

Check me out if you have the honesty and care enough to check. You all know how to look these things up.

The last attempt was by Harry Reid, a well known liar and confidence man in my opinion, who has made the US Senate moot by his actions. They simply do not get any worse than Mr. Reid.

List of all sponsors on the last try:

"Mr. REID (for himself, Mrs. BOXER, Ms. CANTWELL, Mr. DODD, Mrs. FEINSTEIN, Mrs. GILLIBRAND, Mr. HARKIN, Ms. KLOBUCHAR, Ms. LANDRIEU, Mrs. MCCASKILL, Ms. MIKULSKI, Mrs. MURRAY, Mrs. SHAHEEN, Ms. STABENOW, and Mr. FEINGOLD) "

A veritable who's who of the most disgusting, least honest people in the government in my humble opinion. The same group who keeps trying to limit Free Speech and Free Press because Freedom is the last thing they want us to have.

I found the Bogey Man under the bed by going to an article by Forbes. Under this proposed Act, the hidden "other" is that rather than basing pay on experience and abilities, it would require that people of less experience or new hires be paid the same as those with more experience, knowledge or abilities. A veritable Marxists Nirvana of an Act. Shades of quota's Batman!!!!

I knew this was something other than it seemed on the surface.

How this will play out is exactly like this and feel free to come back and chide me if I'm wrong:

1- This group of wanna-be Dictators will pepper the news sources they control (ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, PBS and nearly all Newspapers and News Magazines in print in the US) with a fake war on women.
2- Then when it won't pass because even their own Party members don't want it on their records, they will claim it's proof that the Bogey Man (all Conservatives) hate women, while engaging in transparent bigotry themselves at a level that should make them the object of hate.

See if I'm not right before this is over. This is campaign nonsense and they have no intention themselves of ever passing this Act.

Sorry to post on topic. I hate being the odd man out

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

My problem in this thread is people jumped to a conclusion about what i say and considering our back and forths on here and in chat they are not getting the bigger picture.,

edit on 24-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What you say...you mean when you say all the left is hypocrites and then go on to start in on Occupy...basically baiting me? Now you want to appeal to emotion and recall the lulz we had? Be honest, you want me to be perfectly okay with you attacking everything I identify with and not call you on it? Sorry I don't remember ever introducing myself to you as doormat.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Beanskinner

It is my opinion that if women could magically make as much as men overnight, our

economy would be better off.

So in your mind this IS the most important issue we face AND the cause of our economic troubles??

Seriously?

Women are beautiful and hard working just like the rest of us, I like women

Me too, and I’d like to see men and women paid equally but that’s not the most important issue we face. Let’s pull the bus back off the edge of the cliff and get back on the road before we worry about how comfortable the passengers are.

edit on 24-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Here is your problem, you are assuming to much. Nowhere in Beanskinner's post did he ever say that he thinks this is the most important issue we face or that it is the cause of our economic issues. He stated that it is an issue and that the economy would be better off.

Just because the left addresses and issue doesn't mean it's the most important issue on the table. Anyone who has ever done anything productive understands that you can work on several things at once. For example, if I am cooking dinner and put something in the oven, I don't sit next to the oven and watch dinner bake. I clean or watch tv till dinner is ready for the next step. You can't assume that if one thing is being worked on, another doesn't matter.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Apples/Oranges

You're comparing what a few republicans did to a democratic "meme" that involved the media.

nope, it was still what only a few democrats did according to the quoted material that listed said democrats

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

No if you get to trash talk one side i get to trash talk the other side.

Second.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't recall attacking Conservatives.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join