It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fundamentalist Christianity: a mind control CULT?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Christians don't go door to door. Jehovah's Witnesses do.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Network Dude gave his definition within the first post. Fundamentalism only leads to extremism/radicalism = fascism. The fundamentalists don't like criticism, but if they don't fit within their little box they criticize and damn until the sun comes up.

I'm Christian, but I'm not the shove it down your throat, narrow-minded Christian. Like I said with my example, I quoted something on Hinduism and my cousin freaked out on me over quoting scripture and preaching. I don't care for those who have to shove their ideals down your throat and be in everyone's business.

Actually 'fundamentalism' is synonymous with 'radicalism' which means "very different from the usual or traditional". Fundamentalism is a militant ideology that requires one to be an absolutist, and that is foolishness. Common sense dictates one cannot take the Bible as completely literal as it has been revised, edited, and mistranslated over the centuries. How can you say it is completely God's Word when man has changed it so much?

reply to post by protocolsoflove

Well, we can only go off of your writing and your character that is presented to us.

Social injustices? Please, make a thread about the rampant social injustices that are done by the Lodges. I would love to see your evidence. You seem to only have compassion for those who are in lock-step with you ideologically.

I didn't realize that to share love you must spread defamation. Nor did I realize pointing out inaccuracies was wrong. Should we allow false information to continue? Do we not have a duty to correct the lesser informed? Are we not here to deny ignorance ensure truth and fact stay in tact? If I'm a snake for spreading the truth then "hhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss".

Christ taught, among other things, forgiveness and tolerance. Here, people who believe in Christ one way are saying that people who believe in Christ another way are potentially mind control slaves.

Well, the way some of the fundamentalists act its as if they have no mind of their own, just following what they are told.

So people don't like the tables turned on them? They can dish it out, but cannot take it? Seems hypocritical to me.

Your limited knowledge on the Masonic structure and symbolism leads me to believe that you really don't know much of us when you call us "entry level pawns". None of us Masons here have tried to incite anger or told any lies. It seems to me that truth angers you anti-Masons as anytime we spread the truth you all get up in arms.

reply to post by EnochWasRight

Didn't that "witchcraft" guy just take aspects of Masonry and then create his brand of witchcraft?

Plus, I've always found the video suspicious as in Masonry you're never "recommended" to become a Mason. You join of your own free will and accord. Maybe that is different in England and I'm sure Masonic Light could speak on the matter. Even if its true though that both require "recommendations", who cares? That kind of "connection" seems incidental to me. [video play...blah blah blah] You do not kneel before the Worshipful Master nor treat him as a god. The term "worshipful" means "one worthy of respect". [video continues...blah blah blah] All of these connections seem to be of little consequence.

reply to post by protocolsoflove

Holy grail? Where is that promised, even metaphorically? Nothing is ever promised to initiates. Members must earn their way through the Order.

reply to post by Lionhearte

And by different or "holy" do you mean self-righteous?

Yeah, it's not love they are spreading around, it's their brand of ideology which is hardly based on love.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

How is drinking immoral?

Sure I'd mourn if he/she saved my life, but I wouldn't force it down people throat nor blatantly judge people who want to live their life on their own accord. There is a difference between being devoted and obsession. Fundamentalists are usually the latter.

As I've said, too many fundamentalists have taken the Christ out of Christianity. There is no room for love in fundamentalism (radicalism or extremism) of any kind, hatred and fear occupy that space.

The use of "born again" is nothing more than a self-righteous title to try to distinguish them. It's like a "look at me, I'm special." Why can't you just be "Christian"? From their words and actions, "born agains" think they are upper class Christians versus those less zealous than they.

Bill Schnoebelen and his accusations have been dis-proven. His assertions are just as suspicious as his supposed resume.

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So you're mad that people agree with him?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Jehovah Witnesses are as much Christian as you are, if not more so

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
All religions are a form of mind control. What better way to control someone than to threaten them they may go somewhere that can't be proven exists?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Thanks, I agree that one should never give up on family.
But again,,
beating a dead horse is that,,
beating a dead horse
and sometimes it is best to know when to quit and let the other side,,
either rise up and become an adult or make an effort to show some kind of response.

I am sure I will do it again,,
but it might be awhile as in my eyes/mind 40 plus years of trying is enough to say I have made an effort at least,, and have no guilt about,, 'turning the other cheek''

I did what Christians say you are supposed to do,, but am treated like satan spawn,,
so that makes me fairly well done with my efforts.

The Love is always there if someone wants to pick it up.
thanks for the kind thoughts, I do agree,,

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by W3RLIED2

in through the nose, out through the mouth........ Now grab a beer.
Glad to see you.

I hear that Beer helps with your soul's ascension.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

Glad to see you.

You know Jesus turned water to wine so they could celebrate, ( that means party and get drunk).

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Glad to see you.

You know Jesus turned water to wine so they could celebrate, ( that means party and get drunk).

Wine has many properties besides the alcohol that make it a beneficial beverage. Also Jesus didn't sit in a man cave every night trolling conspiracy theorists and drinking beer.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by WhoKnows100

I have stated I don't know if the group has a name, but what I refer to is someone who is born again. Once into this process, a drastic change happens in that person behavior and attitude. If you don't get what I am saying, I am afraid I don't know any other way to describe it. I am a follower of Jesus Christ myself, but the Radical Christian sect is what I am trying to discuss.

Someone in the thread just wrote "this thread is laughable". I may disagree with just about EVERY thing in it, it is anything BUT laughable. Why? Because the post I quoted above opened my eyes to something that is causing my brain to go tilt. I actually had to reread the post several times because I had a hard time believing what I saw network dude writing.

Here is where I am coming from: I stopped reading posts written by network dude and every other Mason on ATS a long time ago, by that I mean if I saw the avatar I would just scroll on by because I simply got completely fed up with reading things that were simply WRONG. All of the hatred, lies, anger, and just outright complete negative BS that I decided I wasn't going to bother looking at again.

This is coming from one of those so-called "Radical Christians" BTW. What I am getting at is this: after reading the post above it caused me to realize that network dude just like the vast majority of people on this planet, Christians INCLUDED, have no idea WHAT a Christian really is. I'm talking about a counterfeit Christianity AKA "A Form of Godliness" VS true Biblical saints. It appears to me that what you are CALLING Christianity and what Christianity actually IS are two entirely different things. God and religion are two entirely separate and diametrically opposed entities that get intertwined together by man.

For ME this has opened my eyes up to a shocking reality. Now network dude will probably see this as an insult but that is NOT the intention here, just the opposite of that in fact is true. Bottom line: I am saying that network dude has opened my eyes up to see a level of deception that I have NEVER seen before and in a sad way I am grateful for that.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I used to be part of this cult. ANything that isn't in the Bible, is of the devil.

Then I got Baptized and got the Holy Spirit which was a direct mystical experience and was similar to Ego death and being imbued with a divine Love that allowed me to withhold Judgments and just Love everyone for the sake of Love.

These mystical experiences, the fundies did not understand, and so they kicked me out.

At the end of the day, I am a Jesus Freak. I Love everything about Christ and see him as an Enlightened Master, teacher, friend, brother, psychological doctor, etc. I used to shout from the roof tops how much I Love Jesus and almost got fired from a job, lost friends because of it, etc. But when your in Love you dont care what people think.

Having seen that Esoteric Christianity involves, its actually real cool. However what happens with fundies is that they replace their old ego's, with a Fundy ego that actually can be alot worst than it was previously, judging, hating, looking down upon, etc.

That being said, I am a Christian Mystic Nondualist and I approve this message.

Fundies Suck!!! However I still love them as human beings (souls within human bodies)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Murg i promise you the only reason this thread was created was to affront the Christians here. The mind control most people here talk about are MK Ultra and Monarch programming. Reading the OP sounds like he deliberately took the monarch conspiracy theories and changed it to christianity. Later he tried to backtrack when I humored him and asked more probing questions and for more research. You can find this exchange above.

As I said earlier everything has to be a confrontation to them so 16 hours ago it was "I'll show those guys and make a thread saying about their religion what they say about my religion".

Only difference is I could cite research for years.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I don't mind people who are religious but I have witnessed 2 different churches who did something like that to friends or family.
One friend joined 'the shepherds chapel' as an apprentice. They did not allow any real contact between herself and anyone who wasn't involved in that church. It was really shady in my impression.
On another instance my hubby worked for Jim Bakker at Mourningside....nuff' said. I'll have to make a thread on that one of these days. They 'home schooled' the kids that live in the condos on site (that cost everything these people can ever afford and are in fact roach infested among other nastys) There was no real educational value to this, just more bible cramming. That is really just the tip of the ice berg here, I could go all day....

ETA: I'm not religious myself, but I respect people who make themselves better through religion. It isn't all churches I believe do that to people but some really are cult like.
edit on 24-5-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ive stopped immersing myself in religion. I'm still going to do what I feel is right, I believe in a higher power but why label him as anything else as we really dont know the facts. Dont believe everything you read in books and why go to church to have sermons reinstated time and time again while the world is going to sh...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Glad to see you.

I notice that you and Network Dude's avatar bear the same symbolism, what, may I ask, does it mean?
I think that Jesus would have preferred them to drink in moderation.
Paul stated in Ephesians 5:18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery.
bing.com
1.immoral behavior: unrestrained self-indulgent immoral behavior, or an instance of this
Synonyms: decadence, dissoluteness, immorality, self-indulgence.
It is not the act of getting drunk alone but what happens after drunkeness has set in, poor judgement.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

About the symbol, masonic compass, I read a bit about it here:
symbols
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Murgatroid

Murg i promise you the only reason this thread was created was to affront the Christians here.

Well, you could be right. I don't know the motives behind the thread, what I was trying to convey was that it concerns EVERYONE including Masons, Christians, Athiests, ETC and NOT just the OP. I was referring to a massive deception that cross' all religious and ethnic boundaries. One of my beliefs is to always believe the BEST about someone regardless of what the odds are against that belief being true or not.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
yes, this particular group of Christians (among other groups) are brainwashing people and they learned how to do it from Israeli Zionists.

seriously, the two are tight-nit.

i was reading about how the temple mount movement... that is an organization hell bent... actually had a spell of making themselves seem a little more moderate despite being banned from doing certain things in Jerusalem and during this seemingly moderate spell they warmed up to the christian fundamentalists even more... and so the CF are pulling even more for the Zionists even though it is contrary to the words and prophecies of their own faith.

brilliant.

edit on 25-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
All religions are cults, so what? Did you just post this thread to whore for stars? I think yes. Do you really care? Is it going to change your mind on anything you do not believe anyway? Then why waste your time and effort? Science is a cult in and of itself for that matter as well, there are plenty of things science cannot explain yet people cling to that like some sort of life preserver and when something happens to burst their little bubble of safety they lose their sh*t and go insane because they cannot handle the truth that the "supernatural" is real.

U mad?
Because you obviously didn't read the OP.
Why don't we head over to your thread and argue about how Yehoshua is not the Immanu'el

Meh, there's tens of thousands of Messianic jews who would gladly take you up on that offer. But i will leave you with this.

Isaiah 53

Zechariah 12

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
yes, this particular group of Christians (among other groups) are brainwashing people and they learned how to do it from Israeli Zionists.

seriously, the two are tight-nit.

i was reading about how the temple mount movement... that is an organization hell bent... actually had a spell of making themselves seem a little more moderate despite being banned from doing certain things in Jerusalem and during this seemingly moderate spell they warmed up to the christian fundamentalists even more... and so even more the CF are pulling even more for the Zionists even though it is contrary to the words and prophecies of their own faith.

brilliant.

So true. Many occult puppet masters are zionists (or british israelism). 9/11 was a zionist attack. WW1...WW2...zionist wars. They are the KABALLISTS (hear that G for Gnostics?) who are also immensely bigoted and racist. Just look at the poor palestinians. They also implanted their agenda into the catholic church long ago. They forced the holiday of christmas which is a day of sun worship. They made the sabbath SUN day instead of jesus' saturday (although i'm sure those who worship saturn were glad to get their day back). So now today when we say masonry is sun worship they can point fingers at christianity too. Bible says Jesus was born in the spring...why do people choose to believe the hoax that dec. 25 is his birthday?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Jehovah Witnesses are as much Christian as you are, if not more so

Uh, no they are not. They believe the Messiah is Michael not Jesus. Not to mention they removed several entire chapters concerning Christ's return in the flesh for the millenial reign and his physical resurrection. Mormons are not either, they believe Jesus came from outter space.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join