It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fundamentalist Christianity: a mind control CULT?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
So when a born again christian is mind controlled, is it the church clergy who have been responsible for programming? Also, are there triggers and handlers and code books for this mind control program?"

I am glad you asked. I could start to claim I know all about how this happens, and find some flashy you tube videos to "support" my argument, but I think I will just be honest and say I don't know. I only know when my family members became "born again", they were intolerant when they weren't before, they were argumentative of any view other than theirs, when they weren't before. They acted as if they were completely different people. Others in this very thread have experienced the same thing. Perhaps someone on the inside could shed some light on this.

Protocols, what makes you to intolerant?

Let me put it to you this way. Say you knew this person - a friend, if you will - that was always willing to help you. They supported you in your time of need, gave you money, food, shelter, anything you asked. They were always there to listen and help you through all of your problems - maybe not take care of your problems for you, but certainly gave you strength and courage, and wisdom to handle them on your own. They helped you all through life. This friend of yours, was the best kind of person imaginable. A genuinely good person. Helped others out, random people on the streets, etc. The only "flaw" this person had, as many in this thread would seem to say, is that they didn't like doing things that were considered immoral. Drinking alcohol, doing drugs, swearing, lying, cheating. None of that, at all. They never forced you to become like them, but they led by example - you never decided to follow in their footsteps, though. They loved you unconditionally - you could have treated him like garbage, and spat in his face everyday, and he'd simply take it. Because he understands you. He understands your pain, and he forgives you even if you don't ask him.

Now, one day, you're walking with this friend through the city, and start walking across the street. You take the first couple steps out, ahead of your friend, and look to the right to see a truck speeding toward you. You realize, in a split second, that you're doomed to die.

But your friend pushes you out of the way, saving your life, while he loses his.

What would you feel? Would you cry? Would you realize just how much this friend did for you, and that you took it all for granted, all these years?

How would you live your life after that?
Would you want to take up his place and lead by example (not doing evil things)?
Would you want to honor him by spreading the news about what he did for you?
Would you even be willing to defend his name, if someone who, for some reason didn't like him because of his appearance, or because of his mysterious nature, or whatever, and decided to mock him? Would you stand up for him, like he did for you?

Jesus did all of this, for everyone. He loved us from the very beginning. Even when we spat in his face, he still loved us. He loved us enough to be willing to die for us. He led the perfect life, because he knew that we couldn't do it. His resurrection meant that it worked. That our salvation would be guaranteed.

When one comes to the realization of this, and accepts Christ, they become Born Again.

We Christians want to follow his example, but we sometimes fail - and get called hypocrites.
We Christians want to serve others, helping the less fortunate - even when no one else will lift a finger for us.
We Christians want to spread love, even though it's hard - and we get called mind-controlled cultists.

Yes, it's true what the OP is saying, that it only lasts for a short time. That feeling is the Holy Spirit, burning inside them. It's the change taking place. It may not be as strong as it first was, but it leaves an impact. You'll notice that person still doesn't do certain things they once did. It takes a great deal of anguish to change a person. For me, it was accepting Christ - and secondly, it was the passing of my mother. Both events shaped me into who I am today.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
This thread is laughable.

Someone who becomes born-again seems "different"? Of course they are! They become "holy" - set apart from this world. Not of this world, as it were.

You make it sound like a suicidal brainwashed cult following.

"Oh the Christians, they gather together and praise an invisible being! They get 'high on Jesus' and suddenly they change!"

Oh no! What are these terrible cultists doing?

"They're giving money to the poor and suddenly they hate evil! They're even trying to change others to become like them!"

Good heavens! What ever will we do?

"That's not even the worst part! The most horrendous thing these Christians do.. is have Love! They love everyone! They certainly hate evil and won't condone it, but they're willing to serve others just as Christ did for them!"

What.

After my first post, I had almost the exact same thought. Star for you.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by network dude

From your avatar, I suspect that you are a Freemason.

You aren't a Christian if you support the opposition.

I have my very own personal beliefs of what and who God is and I am very comfortable with it. I believe Jesus Christ is the son of God. I also understand at least the lower levels of masonry as I am only a 32nd degree Scottish Rite mason, and nowhere in the teachings of masonry am I directed or encouraged to hate or even strongly dislike Christianity. Being brought up Catholic and living a few years on this earth has brought me to my very own version of religion. It's not any version you could put a name on, but being that I think what Jesus Christ was teaching, and living, and the message he told is very close to what I think I should be. So I try to follow Christ. Ergo, Christian.

Masonry does not oppose any religion, we do seem to no get along with fanaticism though.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by chr0naut

From your avatar, I suspect that you are a Freemason.

You aren't a Christian if you support the opposition.

I have my very own personal beliefs of what and who God is and I am very comfortable with it. I believe Jesus Christ is the son of God. I also understand at least the lower levels of masonry as I am only a 32nd degree Scottish Rite mason, and nowhere in the teachings of masonry am I directed or encouraged to hate or even strongly dislike Christianity. Being brought up Catholic and living a few years on this earth has brought me to my very own version of religion. It's not any version you could put a name on, but being that I think what Jesus Christ was teaching, and living, and the message he told is very close to what I think I should be. So I try to follow Christ. Ergo, Christian.

Masonry does not oppose any religion, we do seem to no get along with fanaticism though.

This might interest you. Very useful information to have. Whether it effects you or not, books can be very interesting.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

you paint a beautiful picture. But I ask that you go back and look at some of the posts by the very people you are discussing. Even look back at your own post. Does that sound like the person you just described?

I have quite a few friends who I feel are very religious in the way you describe. And they do live by example. And I respect them and even try to emulate them, but they do not accuse me of evil deeds, never actually knowing me at all, they don't condemn me for the choices I have made, they love me for who I am and I love them right back.

I hope you see the difference and understand what I am trying to say.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is what you all need to know.
Persuasion & Brainwashing Techniques
Being Used On The Public Today

www.dicksutphen.com...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

This might interest you. Very useful information to have. Whether it effects you or not, books can be very interesting.

I enjoyed reading all about the Vampire, satanist you linked to. Bill sure was a busy individual. He seemed to spend an awful lot of time looking for the devil and even did so while looking for Christ at the same time. I can't say for sure, but in seeing his very own admission of what he studied and when, I think he is trying to cash in on the easily duped.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d1a5dd7abdc.jpg[/atsimg]

busy man indeed.
edit on 24-5-2012 by network dude because: fixed link

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

"That's not even the worst part! The most horrendous thing these Christians do.. is have Love! They love everyone! They certainly hate evil and won't condone it, but they're willing to serve others just as Christ did for them!"

What.

Love is the absolute LAST thing they would have. They TALK about it, scream about it in fact, but they don't show it. They are the most hate filled, angry, miserable people I've ever seen

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Let me put it to you this way. Say you knew this person - a friend, if you will - that was always willing to help you. They supported you in your time of need, gave you money, food, shelter, anything you asked. They were always there to listen and help you through all of your problems - maybe not take care of your problems for you, but certainly gave you strength and courage, and wisdom to handle them on your own. They helped you all through life. This friend of yours, was the best kind of person imaginable. A genuinely good person. Helped others out, random people on the streets, etc. The only "flaw" this person had, as many in this thread would seem to say, is that they didn't like doing things that were considered immoral. Drinking alcohol, doing drugs, swearing, lying, cheating. None of that, at all. They never forced you to become like them, but they led by example - you never decided to follow in their footsteps, though. They loved you unconditionally - you could have treated him like garbage, and spat in his face everyday, and he'd simply take it. Because he understands you. He understands your pain, and he forgives you even if you don't ask him.

Now, one day,

...one day, they go to one of the little fundamentalist, evangelical churches and get brainwashed and become a nasty, hateful, depressed, angry, loud, obnoxious basket case!!!

....this isn't about Christians, it's about the fundamental evangelical cults, there's a BIG difference. The friend WAS a Christian, then became a bible thumping nut-job!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

The term fundamental Christian is used today to degrade those who follow Jesus Christ, His teachings and the bible as a whole as being the words of God. But yet, if we look at the definition of fundamental;

That's just the problem, they are not really fundamental and they are not really Christian. It's a misnomer created by THEM.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Well now you know what it feels like to be a Freemason as well as a member of ATS.

Feels great when people pick apart your entire way of life, doesn't it?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

in through the nose, out through the mouth........ Now grab a beer.
Glad to see you.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Thank you, bro.

Heading to my man cave now.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I am glad you asked. I could start to claim I know all about how this happens, and find some flashy you tube videos to "support" my argument, but I think I will just be honest and say I don't know. I only know when my family members became "born again", they were intolerant when they weren't before, they were argumentative of any view other than theirs, when they weren't before. They acted as if they were completely different people. Others in this very thread have experienced the same thing. Perhaps someone on the inside could shed some light on this.

If you can find the time to watch these videos, it will give you at least some idea of what is going on with new Christians. I'm not saying there are no genuine conversions to Christianity. Rather I'm saying the instant 180 you were talking about is frequently due to strong external and internal influences, without the knowledge of the convert. Choosing to be a Christian, and walking the talk, is a little different than hypnotically induced euphoria, and narrow-mindedness. As you have found out, the effects wear off over time, but the subconscious beliefs have then been set. This is not a dig on those Christians who have chosen Christianity by critical thought, and free will. But rather an example of how easily a well trained individual can manipulate the mind into excepting a belief. Real or not.

In order.

Any mature Christian can tell you that they have seen a lot of exciting and euphoric conversions last but a short time before they go right back to the way they were previously. Frequently, it is because the conversion process is seldom a well thought out, grounded in reality and understanding, decision.

edit on 5/24/2012 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

If you can find the time to watch these videos, it will give you at least some idea of what is going on with new Christians

DON'T DO IT!!!! That's how they hook you in! The tone of the videos, your concentration level, you'll come back a zombie!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Jesus did all of this, for everyone.

And then Jesus had the decency to keep his mouth shut and not ring my doorbell during dinner to ask if I could help find him.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Yes, all religions are cults. They prevent people to truly think for themselves and worship idols.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
All religions are cults, so what? Did you just post this thread to whore for stars? I think yes. Do you really care? Is it going to change your mind on anything you do not believe anyway? Then why waste your time and effort? Science is a cult in and of itself for that matter as well, there are plenty of things science cannot explain yet people cling to that like some sort of life preserver and when something happens to burst their little bubble of safety they lose their #snip# and go insane because they cannot handle the truth that the "supernatural" is real.
edit on Thu May 24 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
All religions are cults, so what? Did you just post this thread to whore for stars? I think yes. Do you really care? Is it going to change your mind on anything you do not believe anyway? Then why waste your time and effort? Science is a cult in and of itself for that matter as well, there are plenty of things science cannot explain yet people cling to that like some sort of life preserver and when something happens to burst their little bubble of safety they lose their sh*t and go insane because they cannot handle the truth that the "supernatural" is real.

U mad?
Because you obviously didn't read the OP.
Why don't we head over to your thread and argue about how Yehoshua is not the Immanu'el

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
Dear OP. I know exactly what you mean. I've worked with NBCs [new born christians] and I have found, that they seemed indeed as if they were 'high'. I asked the girl who worked opposite me a lot of things and she was willing to answer. She said that indeed the were high, high on jesus
. She said as soon as she was reborn, it felt as if the light of jesus was entering her and since then she feels spaced out.
Logic would not come into it. As a matter of fact, I always gave her Satan's side [literally the devils advocate in this case
] and she gave me a big compliment by saying that my arguments are so good, I should become a christian...hahaha. They wish!

They also have the Alpha Course and that 'course' gives me the heebie jeebies. Strange thing is that most people are very easily infected by this, whilst a few people [me included] seem completely immune.

I deliberately say it like this because it almost seems to be a virus. Which it is, it is a dangerous meme, which propagates and has its own fail safe loops that make it nearly impossible for those affected to snap out of it.

Yes I agree that it should be called a cult, it is messing with vulnerable people's brains, always hunting out those that are weak because of problems, gullible or uneducated and hence can't compare their lies to anything else.
The only vaccine is knowledge. Reading as much as possible about everything, especially science, other religions, belief systems and theories. The more you know the less sense they make.

Holy crap it's just like this --
Must be that ole dern Hebrew bible again wahooo
Why are these folks SOOooo alike??

Kabbalah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabbalah - Similarto Kabbalah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kabbalah, also spelled Kabala or Cabala (Hebrew: קַבָּלָה‎ literally "receiving"), is a esoteric method, discipline and school of thought. Its definition varies ...

Tree of life - Kabbalah Centre - Sephirot - Christian Kabbalah

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join