It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fundamentalist Christianity: a mind control CULT?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
Mark 7:7

In vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.

Matthew 17:7-23

So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits. “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my father who is in heaven. ..

Ephesians 5:11

Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

This one is one of my favorites:

Zechariah 11:17

“Woe to my worthless shepherd, who deserts the flock! May the sword strike his arm and his right eye! Let his arm be wholly withered, his right eye utterly blinded!”
edit on 24-5-2012 by protocolsoflove because: (no reason given)

I give you Exhibit A.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

"The grand object of the Order must be more particularly inculcated into him, namely, that of teaching the whole universe to set aside all government, laws, and altars; and he must perpetually attend to the grand interests of human nature. His zeal is to be stimulated at the sight of every man who is subjected to any authority. It is to reinstate the inhabitants of the earth in their original Equality and Liberty that he is constituted General of all the Illuminees that are or will be spread over the world during his reign, all labouring at the accomplishment of the grand revolution of the Man-King."

That was exhibit A.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The number 1 important thing in life to get right is your work. If you got a good job, most things fall into place, no matter what they're. I could be a hardcore fundamentalist christian, but it won't matter one bit of I also happen to have a good job to support myself.

It's like in basketball. If Kobe Bryant hits a crazy shot, he's a veteran player that has learned how to sink tough shots. If he misses, he's too old or he needs to pass the ball to get his team involved. When someone is doing good in life, we look passed their shortcomings and pat them on the back. But when they don't do well, we fixate on every little blemish. We all want to be WINNERS. Winners are like family. We love em. But losers bring out the worst sorts of hatred inside us.

A lot of times we're not blaming a persons religion, we're blaming their incompetence. We just don't realize that this is what we're doing. Sometimes it's hard to see the forest through the trees.
edit on 24-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Where do you come up with such an opinion? Where in our rituals can you justify such an assertion?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
The number 1 important thing in life to get right is your work. If you got a good job, most things fall into place, no matter what they're. I could be a hardcore fundamentalist christian, but it won't matter one bit of I also happen to have a good job to support myself.

A lot of times we're not blaming a persons religion, we're blaming their bad choices. We just don't realize that this is what we're doing. Sometimes it's hard to see the forest through the trees.
edit on 24-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I, too believe that all Men must be skilled and should work hard to provide for their families! Star for you

I have been blessed in my life with an amazing career where the adventure never stops and I am widely respected on a national level. This has happened because I put my trust and love in God and in return I am shown the power and strength to do what is right and the righteous path is shown!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Well said. It is true that many are crude in their methods, but then you have the pros who are masters at it. Try watching a Creflo Dollar or Joel Osteen sermon. Benny Hinn has a different approach, but is still masterful.

Also, the music, just like secular music takes advantage of emotions and mood "enhancement" to open the listener up for the coming sermon. In some cases, subtle monaural beats, and isochronic tones are used as well.

Ultimately a person can only be influenced if they ALLOW themselves to be influenced. But if they are going in desperate and looking for an answer it's pretty easy to influence them.

Exactly. Many of these folks are trusting those in ministry, just as most Americans trust those in government. I say NEVER go into a church, or a meeting, without your critical faculties in operation. And NEVER get caught up in the music. And I would add to that. Any pastor or minister who commonly practices the stand up, sit down, shake hands with the person sitting in the pew in front of you exercises, knows what he/she is doing, and you should be cautious of them.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Robison's work has long been disproven. Next.

I love the verses game:

A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.
- Proverbs 12:23

A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.
- Proverbs 11:13

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Interesting links Autowrench. I'll be taking a run through those.

That poor guy in the video was definitely not prepared for what he was up against.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Upon receiving Jon Robison's book as a gift. George Washington wrote this letter as receipt.

"I have heard much of the nefarious, and dangerous plan, and doctrines of the Illuminati, but never saw the Book until you were pleased to send it to me.9 The same causes which have prevented my acknowledging the receipt of your letter have prevented my reading the Book, hitherto; namely, the multiplicity of matters which pressed upon me before, and the debilitated state in which I was left after, a severe fever had been removed. And which allows me to add little more now, than thanks for your kind wishes and favourable sentiments, except to correct an error you have run into, of my Presiding over the English lodges in this Country. The fact is, I preside over none, nor have I been in one more than once or twice, within the last thirty years. I believe notwithstanding, that none of the Lodges in this Country are contaminated with the principles ascribed to the Society of the Illuminati. With respect I am &c"

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Technically, Christianity started as a cult, where a segment of Jews came to believe a man named Yeshua was YHWH in the flesh and sacrificed his mortal life so that our souls may ascend, instead of spending eternity in she'ohl. Some even argue that YHWH was a deity of the Mystery Religion itself (Adonai), but that is a discussion for another thread.

Anyways, most ‘Christians’ are hipocrates, I can say this because I have witnessed it many, many times. [I was raised Catholic] Especially on the dating scence; I have gone on many dates with proclaimed ‘Christian’ women and to my dismay, they rarley are. Acceptance and forgiveness are the pillars of what Yeshua taught us. Very few people are able to truly embrace this. How many modest, humble Christain people do you know that value humilation? I bet none. I sure as hell don’t. most of us worship GOD MONEY MATERIALISM.

‘Christian’ is a mismoner since ‘Christ/Christos’ is Greek for annointed, pertaining to burial rights, therefore many people in those times were annoited. Yeshua’s teachings were a philosopy not a religion, a religion was propagated over time because it is a far better control mechanism. ‘Jesus’ is a respelling and re-pronunciation of ‘Zeus” and little more. In Matthew chapter one, Mary is directed to name her son Emanuel “God with us” not Jesus, or even Yeshua for that matter, althought some argue Yeshua and Emanuel are related translations in Aramiac.

The problem, in my mind that is… is that most of these born agains solely rely on other’s interpertations and not their own, therefore they have no clue what they believe. This is true blasphemy. Here in lies the conspiracy – spirituality has been taken out of religion especially the Christian faith, its simple rhetoric now and nothing more. This is why Christains believe if your views are different you are going to hell or your faith is wrong, which is a logical fallacy that should need no explaination.

DISCLAIMER: Spellcheck glitchy so lets see how stupid I am

edit on 24-5-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

This quote is also a lie. "This hoax got its start in 1837 with the publication of a tract by Joseph Ritner, Governor of Pennsylvania. Although easily debunked, it was reprinted by E. A. Cook & Co., Chicago, in 1877, shortly after Prof. Charles Albert Blanchard (1848-1925), a founder and first lecturer of the National Christian Association published a rewriting of the same story entitled "Was Washington a Freemason?"

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Yes... although id say this of all religion.

There are tons of debates with William Lane Craig that will show you exactly how psychopaths rise to the top of religious order and controll the congregation.

The realms of mysticism and ignorance has always been ripe for the taking.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

God is personal and is capable of a relationship with us.

Yes, but a Singular male deity is no where near the Duality that makes up the entire Universe. Where is the Duality in the Godhead?

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." (Genesis 1:26)
Who was God talking to? "Lets us" suggests more than one was at work here. If you can explain this to me, in an intelligent manner that makes sense, then you will have done something no other Christian has been able to do. And be advised, there are way more than one God in the Bible.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

My state Lodge of Research did a reprint of this book for it's annual classics of Masonry series.

And since we are on the topic of conspiracy, I think it bears relevance that radical Christianity and anti-Masons use the same tactics (as evidenced here on ATS):

Anti-Masonic Tactics

For those too weary to look it up, here are some examples:

Change the Subject: In our daily lives, we generally experience a fairly straight path when we discuss things with others. We're not experienced with those who would deliberately mislead or misdirect. Thus, when this tactic of deceit is used, Masons are caught off-guard. Assuming that the person with whom they're dealing has the same degree of honesty and integrity as themselves, it's a surprise to find that they're being led around in circles.

Using Different Standards: Anti-Masons will use any convenient argument to support their position. Despite the passage of decades (or even centuries), they'll readily apply 1990's standards to those in the 1850s or 1770s! Did George Washington own slaves? Then obviously - so the argument goes - he wasn't a very good Mason! It's convenient to use the political correctness of today to condemn Masonry as practiced many years ago. Don't fall for this sometimes overlooked ploy.

See above "Prooff of a Confpiracy"

Straw Man: One very common tactic used by anti-Masons is to put forth a 'Straw Man': one who claims to have 'seen the light' and now can explain to the world from the 'inside perspective' the many supposed problems with Masons and Masonry. Most of these are readily seen as a total fraud (the supposed former Mason who's now a 'minister' but is apparently too embarrassed to reveal his denominational affiliation or the person who claims to be a 'high ranking Mason' who'll reveal all). To the unknowing, however, these pretenders are sometimes difficult to discern and can be very persuasive.

These techniques are great if the reader is simple-minded and easily confused. To stay topical I think they are used by fundamentalists as well to "Save" people.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hi!

May be some posters here might want to have/read an astonishing ebook about how New Testament was manufactured and created from almost nothing. I'm leaving link:

en.calameo.com...

Title: The truth authorship of N.T.

It's a quite rare thing to read.

:-)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

My state Lodge of Research did a reprint of this book for it's annual classics of Masonry series.

And since we are on the topic of conspiracy, I think it bears relevance that radical Christianity and anti-Masons use the same tactics (as evidenced here on ATS):

Anti-Masonic Tactics

For those too weary to look it up, here are some examples:

Change the Subject: In our daily lives, we generally experience a fairly straight path when we discuss things with others. We're not experienced with those who would deliberately mislead or misdirect. Thus, when this tactic of deceit is used, Masons are caught off-guard. Assuming that the person with whom they're dealing has the same degree of honesty and integrity as themselves, it's a surprise to find that they're being led around in circles.

Using Different Standards: Anti-Masons will use any convenient argument to support their position. Despite the passage of decades (or even centuries), they'll readily apply 1990's standards to those in the 1850s or 1770s! Did George Washington own slaves? Then obviously - so the argument goes - he wasn't a very good Mason! It's convenient to use the political correctness of today to condemn Masonry as practiced many years ago. Don't fall for this sometimes overlooked ploy.

See above "Prooff of a Confpiracy"

Straw Man: One very common tactic used by anti-Masons is to put forth a 'Straw Man': one who claims to have 'seen the light' and now can explain to the world from the 'inside perspective' the many supposed problems with Masons and Masonry. Most of these are readily seen as a total fraud (the supposed former Mason who's now a 'minister' but is apparently too embarrassed to reveal his denominational affiliation or the person who claims to be a 'high ranking Mason' who'll reveal all). To the unknowing, however, these pretenders are sometimes difficult to discern and can be very persuasive.

These techniques are great if the reader is simple-minded and easily confused. To stay topical I think they are used by fundamentalists as well to "Save" people.

Your supposed "anti mason tactics" were used by your own brethren to halt 2 interesting threads yesterday. I, myself, only post relevant information with supporting documentation (whether or not the supporting documentation will be argued about incessantly is another thing altogether) and try to only respond to sincere and probing questions.

Would you guys call Cayce a fundamentalist and berate him as you do Christians? I have molded my life around the Bible and also around the readings of Edgar Cayce.

"The Sons of Belial mimicked the Children in many ways, even in the sense of being 'spiritual' or 'religious'. But their 'religious practices' were mockeries of true spirituality - phony, empty, and self-serving. They would use 'prayer' and visualization to attain whatever they wanted, and they turned a blind eye to what the repercussions of getting what they wanted would have on others." -Cayce

"...unless each soul entity (and this entity especially) makes the world better, that corner or place of the world a little better, a little bit more hopeful, a little bit more patient, showing a little more of brotherly love, a little more of kindness, a little more of long-suffering – by the very words and deeds of the entity, the life is a failure..."

"In Jesus we are told that God became incarnate. If we could only see clearly that Jesus' claim for divinity is a claim for the divinity of us all, we would understand that His relationship to God is a pattern which all of us may and one day must attain."

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

can you point out these 2 interesting threads?
if an accusation of derailing is being made, shouldn't we see proof of such?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

they were both removed by moderators last night

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Please note, there is a HUGE difference between a person who follows Christ's teachings, and your version of "Christian". The latter is the point of this thread. But I am very glad you came to illustrate my point better than I ever could have.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Can you name them?
I may have read them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join