It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Discovery will NOT collapse Christianity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-5-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If they use the specific terms "Allah" and "Muhammed", I'd say this was likely written after the rise of Islam. It's like when they find "prophetic" works that end up having been written a long time after the events they predict. It is always the case for anything that is that specific. The "Turkish authorities" have been increasingly pro-Islam as opposed to the more secular government of the mid-late 20th century. I'd say they just might be biased.

For full disclosure sake, I am a non-practicing Catholic, who thinks that other than the spiritual and communal aspects, religion is a bit of a sham. Basing my opinion on similar "prophetic" finds from multiple religions.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
i would like to contribute to this debate but after reading the thread it seems pointless...

Pages and pages of people quoting the bible

you cannot use a thing to justify itself, Truth does not work like that.

always imposs to have a decent discussion on religion here at ATS

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Not only is the Bible accurate on Science, Human nature, physics,

If the bible states these things as you say then why did the church burn people at the stake for practicing them?

Are you getting the Qur'an mixed up with bible? The reason why I'm asking is because the Qur'an is far more science based than the bible.

What does the Bible have to do with what some wicked people did hundreds of years later? Using such logic, you don't deserve that avatar. It was a false flag, and still is to this day... So many people have fallen for it and either joined the false flaggers, or dismissed the whole concept based on what some thugs did, that today there are very few real Christians.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by buster2010

Your joking right? Have you ever read the bible or even watched the news lately? He takes the food away from starving children by creating droughts so kids starve to death. And not destroy anything? Ever hear of Sodom and Gomorrah?

God loves death in so much that when he demanded sacrifices he gave directions on how it should be done.

You are confusing the results of our sin with the law of God. God's law is set into nature. Man breaks himself over his attempt to break the law. This is why the law was given. It points to faith and is the guardian of man until man learns to rely on God instead of himself. Pride rises above the one who designed the reality we occupy. He further gives us the answers to these questions through the written history of our attempt to break the law on every point.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Death is no match for the life God gives. Jesus said, "You must be born again." There is not choice. Death is only the beginning of a new life. Baptism is our immersion into the water of reality. We raise to new life by the trials we endure and the truth we uncover. We light the fire we burn by or we use the light on the path to guide our way.

Love is the point. God is LOVE.

Show me a God that thinks it's ok for a small child who has never harmed anyone in any way to starve to death and I'll show you a God of hate.

Are you just having fun with us, here? So, if it happens, that means god "thinks its ok"? You really expect him to magically feed every person who's starving when there's enough food in this world for us to take care of eachother?? How much does our society spend on war? The USA alone spends billions if not trillions (black budgets) each year alone, but oh yeah its gods fault!

If god saved every starving child, solved every problem, stopped you from putting your hand on the burner, caught you everytime you tripped and fell, paid the rent for you when you fell behind, then how would we learn anything??? We would all be a bunch of blithering idiots not knowing how to feed or dress ourselves! Because Wu should we get up out of bed every day if god will feed us and our babies if we get hungry? Why learn to walk? God will catch you! Just stumble around like a drunk, or better yet, just throw yourself into the air in the general direction you want to go! Why learn things like sea navigation? God won't let you get lost! Why pull ourselves together and save that starving kid ourselves? Sure, we could do it. But that's gods job right?

So according to you, how exactly should it work? Should he only save starving children and that's it? Cause I know a lot of people who could use the extra money they use to feed their children. Cause according to you, God should just save them, right? What about starving adults who have not harmed anyone? Are they included in your plan, too? What about children killed by stray bullets in drive bys during gang violence? Should god jump in front of the bullet and save the child from being harmed. Well then I guess we would have less of a reason to overcome gang violence. Yeah, go ahead and shoot eachother guys, cause no innocent children can be harmed, so its not that bad! So where do you draw the line? What all should god do? How stupid should we be allowed to get? Should we just be able to live our lives without caring about the starving kids? Just let god take care of them and if he doesn't then HE is the -SNIP- and not us? Maybe I should be calling YOU the God of Hate...for wanting to sluff off your responsibility of caring for other people on this planet... You're too busy watching your tv shows to help feed the starving? You continue to live in comparative luxery instead of helping those little kids? Hmm. Must be because you hate them so much, according to your logic.

We are here to learn. You can't learn when everything is taken care of for you. Man would not have learned to build the house you live in if god saved everybody. What would be the point of life if we had no problems to overcome? The internet, etc, was created to solve a problem...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
Are you just having fun with us, here? So, if it happens, that means god "thinks its ok"? You really expect him to magically feed every person who's starving when there's enough food in this world for us to take care of eachother?? How much does our society spend on war? The USA alone spends billions if not trillions (black budgets) each year alone, but oh yeah its gods fault!

Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Mat 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.
Mat 10:31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
Luk 12:6 "Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins?* And not one of them is forgotten before God.
Luk 12:7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

edit on 26-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

God loves death in so much that when he demanded sacrifices he gave directions on how it should be done.

This was not of Father. This was of man giving those qualities and speaking for Father.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Each person that you see that go through those situations have been here before. They made their own path before and must learn to be humble again. I will let you draw your own conclusions from that.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Each person that you see that go through those situations have been here before. They made their own path before and must learn to be humble again. I will let you draw your own conclusions from that.
You are speaking of reincarnation?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Not at all. I am speaking of the multiple times man has been here on this here Earth. You think man has only been here this time around?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Source

My OP sufficiently dispels any notion that Barnabas was a Muslim. In fact, there is no doubt that he was a tried and true Christian. Simply reading the Epistle of Barnabas will remove all doubt. The GOSPEL of Barnabas is a forgery, as noted by this expert on the subject (Source linked above). He has studied copies of the document and says it originates long after Muhammad died. It was used as a political tool and resurfaces from time to time as a propaganda tactic by the leaders of Islam.

Montgomery, with a master’s in linguistics, says on his Washington Times Communities profile that after obtaining his advanced degree he spent more than a decade “combing Hittite, Phrygian, Lycian, Greek and Roman ruins on the shores of the Mediterranean and Aegean.” He now consults with public and private institutions with interests and operations in the Middle East.

He told WND that he spent years researching the Barnabas Gospel, visiting museums and historic sites as part of his work.

He said the story of the Barnabas Gospel “gets trotted out” every so often by Muslims who want to stir passions by claiming Christians are trying to conceal the truth.

Montgomery said his research indicated the first modern references to the Barnabas Gospel were made in 1634 by Muslims fighting the Roman Catholic Church’s power in Spain.

He described the Vienna copy as handwritten on cream pages with a leather binding. He noted the image presented of the Turkish document, on rawhide, further undermines its claim to validity. Such a document would not have been put on rawhide because it deteriorates over time, he argued.

Proverbs 30

5 “Every word of God is flawless;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
6 Do not add to his words,
or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

7 “Two things I ask of you, Lord;
do not refuse me before I die:
8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.

edit on 26-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Most people who rely on and quote the Bible are not necessarily Christians. Christianity is based on Christ, not on a book or man-made organization or building. What if Christ wanted to teach us Himself? See also: www.hallvworthington.com...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Innerlight
Most people who rely on and quote the Bible are not necessarily Christians. Christianity is based on Christ, not on a book or man-made organization or building. What if Christ wanted to teach us Himself? See also: www.hallvworthington.com...

Christianity is based on Christ. And Christ based His teachings on the book.

You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Not at all. I am speaking of the multiple times man has been here on this here Earth. You think man has only been here this time around?

You plainly stated that each person we see has been on this Earth before.
Then you insinuate that man has been on this Earth before via cyclical existences.

How is this not reincarnation?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I don't have a clue. Did god create man several times? I don't get what you're saying. You are so mysterious.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
You plainly stated that each person we see has been on this Earth before.
Then you insinuate that man has been on this Earth before via cyclical existences.

How is this not reincarnation?
I have to concur with the girl who is stupid.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
first of all the news is altered. WND is a CIA based news site. moreover Iran never claimed such things. at least I never hear such news in Iran ! this is a propaganda.

those books that have been altered and mistranslated and written by human there are many many wrong attitudes towards God and prophets. although you can still find truths among them. but Quran has been kept by it's original arabic words. and you can find only one Quran in the world but many misundrestandings of it !
if you can reach the Barnabas gospel in vatican, then you will realize the true facts about Jesus and the relation between Islam and Christianity ! and that SUN and MOON Gods are humanmade.

Bible Deuteronomy 33:2 (New International Version, ©2011)
""" He said:The LORD came from Sinai""" there is a consensus that it is about Moses
""""and dawned over them from Seir;""" I say this is about Jesus (although jews leaders may not compeletly agree)
""" he shone forth from Mount Paran(mountains around Mecca).He came with[a] myriads(ten thousands) of holy ones from the south, from his mountain slopes.""" whom do you think the last refers to!? (although christians and jews leaders do not agree)

And from Gospel of Barnabass that is banned by vatican: barnabas.net

chapter 17:: jesus says""" But after me shall come the Splendour of all the prophets and holy ones, and shall shed light upon the darkness of all that the prophets have said, because he is the messenger of God' And having said this, Jesus sighed and said: 'Have mercy on Israel, O Lord God; and look with pity upon Abraham and upon his seed, in order that they may serve thee with truth of heart.""'

chapter 82:: """The woman answered: "We look for the Messiah; when he comes he will teach us." Jesus answered: "Know you, woman, that the Messiah must come?" *She answered: "Yes, Lord." Then Jesus rejoiced, and said: "So far as I see, O woman, you are faithful: know therefore that in the faith of the Messiah shall be saved every one that is elect of God; therefore it is necessary that you know the coming of the Messiah;." The woman said: "O Lord, perhaps you are the Messiah." Jesus answered: "I am indeed sent to the House of Israel as a prophet of salvation; but after me shall come the Messiah, sent of God to all the world; for whom God has made the world.""""

Judaism, Christianity and Islam all are Islam( submission to God)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join