It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Discovery will NOT collapse Christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Iran: Discovery will collapse Christianity
Says Turkish 'Bible' has Barnabas forecasting Muhammad's coming

LINK TO WND ARTICLE

Turkey confiscated a leather-bound text, written on animal hide, in an anti-smuggling operation in 2000. Turkish authorities believe the text could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, one of Jesus’ apostles and an associate of the apostle Paul.

This version of the Barnabas Gospel was written in the 5th or 6th century and it predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad and the religion of Islam, the Basij Press claims.

The Christian world, it says, denies the existence of such a gospel.

However, religious scholars have said another version of the Barnabas Gospel, discovered a century ago, was written less than 500 years ago, which would post-date Mohammad.

In Chapter 41 of the Barnabas Gospel, Basij claims, is this statement: “God has hidden himself as Archangel Michael ran them (Adam and Eve) out of heaven, (and) when Adam turned, he noticed that at top of the gateway to heaven, it was written ‘La elah ela Allah, Mohamad rasool Allah,’” meaning Allah is the only God and Mohammad his prophet.

The Turkish army has taken possession of the Barnabas Gospel because the “Zionists” and the governments of the West are trying to suppress its contents, Basij Press claims.

To see if this is accurate, let's consult "The Epistle of Barnabas." The Iranian Gospel of Barnabas is a clear forgery from the 13th century. The Epistle of Barnabas, from the 4th century, clears the air on the subject.

The Epistle of Barnabas (Greek: Επιστολή Βαρνάβα, Hebrew: איגרת בארנבס‎) is a Greek epistle containing twenty-one chapters, preserved complete in the 4th century Codex Sinaiticus where it appears at the end of the New Testament.
WIKI

Complete Text

If you read the true Epistle from Barnabas, you will quickly realize that Barnabas was no Muslim.

Barnabas 2:5
What to Me is the multitude of your sacrifices, saith the Lord I am
full of whole burnt-offerings, and the fat of lambs and the blood
of bulls and of goats desire not, not though ye should come to be
seen of Me. or who required these things at your hands? Ye shall
continue no more to tread My court. If ye bring fine flour, it is
in vain; incense is an abomination to Me; your new moons and your
Sabbaths I cannot away with.

Barnabas 2:6
These things therefore He annulled, that the new law of our Lord
Jesus Christ, being free from the yoke of constraint, might have its
oblation not made by human hands.

First of all, the religion of Islam is a definite work of the hands of man. It is a works based religion. On the other hand, God desires mercy and not sacrifice. Mercy is not something that we find in the world of Islamic extremism. Jesus demands our love and forgiveness of others--even our enemies (Luke 10).

Barnabas 4:8
But they lost it by turning unto idols. For thus saith the Lord;
Moses, Moses, come down quickly; for thy people whom thou
broughtest out of the land of Egypt hath done unlawfully. And
Moses understood, and threw the two tables from his hands; and their
covenant was broken in pieces, that the covenant of the beloved Jesus
might be sealed unto our hearts in the hope which springeth from
faith in Him.

The article states that the false Gospel from Iran says Jesus never died on the Cross. Barnabas, in the Epistle of Barnabas, would disagree.

Barnabas 11:8
Ye perceive how He pointed out the water and the cross at the same
time. For this is the meaning; Blessed are they that set their hope
on the cross, and go down into the water; for He speaketh of the
reward at his proper season; then, saith He, I will repay. But now
what saith He? His leaves shall not fall off; He meaneth by this
that every word, which shall come forth from you through your mouth
in faith and love, shall be for the conversion and hope of many.

Not only was Barnabas not a Muslim, he has a clear word for when we see Jesus return. No mention of Muhammad here.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:3 "Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end."

To see this clearly, let’s put the information into context with the entire story of the Bible:

-Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
-Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
-Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
-Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)

What makes more sense? Iran claiming to kill Christianity like they kill infidels? Or, does it make more sense that God loves us enough to send His Son in the flesh to save us in the ultimate act of love and kindness? Who steals, kills and destroys? Not God.

Truth is on the side of the ones that love others every time. Know them by their fruit.

edit on 23-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
But isnt every Gospel found written by Men?? There all a story, this one is just a different story.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

First of all, the religion of Islam is a definite work of the hands of man.

Show me a religion that isn't man made. That and the bible foretold of another prophet after Jesus.

Who steals, kills and destroys? Not God.

Your joking right? Have you ever read the bible or even watched the news lately? He takes the food away from starving children by creating droughts so kids starve to death. And not destroy anything? Ever hear of Sodom and Gomorrah?

God loves death in so much that when he demanded sacrifices he gave directions on how it should be done.
edit on 23-5-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Interesting. Thank you for sharing both the find and the response.

I do know that certain sects of Islam believe in the end times prophecy that ancient texts will be found that 'prove' the Bible corrupt and Islam as the true religion.

I try to keep my eyes open for it if it happens in our lifetime.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
But isnt every Gospel found written by Men?? There all a story, this one is just a different story.

Truth can be rightly divided by contest. Not only is the Bible accurate on Science, Human nature, physics, history and future revelation, but it cannot be denied as the greatest enigma known to mankind. It goes so far as to identify the Pyramids in Isaiah 19 as the monument to the Lord himself.

Hillel's Seven Rules of rightly dividing truth allows us to rightly divide this truth as the root truth. This reveals other documents as either inspired by the root, like the branch of a tree, or as counterfeits disguised as truth.

Seven Rules

Modern culture calls these rules Hermeneutics. This is because they were originally derived from Hermes (Enoch / Thoth). Scripture is Hermetically sealed my symbolism. The words can be altered but the truth in the symbol remains. Rightly dividing truth, then, is accomplished by knowing the root truth of each symbol.

The answer to your statement is yes. Men wrote with the hand of God. The Hermetically sealed word is easily spotted by the context of symbolism. Apply this to science and any other discipline and the truth emerges as correctly delineated.

We spot the forgery because it mirrors the truth we already know from the symbol. Magic mirrors truth. The "Experts in the law" mirror truth for their own benefit. Find the truth that does not match and you have a counterfeit.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
if people would spend as much time trying to better themselves and the world around them as they do bickering and arguing over this ridiculous religious bull**** the world be such a better place..but no, keep arguing over s*** that was made up thousands of years ago

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Consider the source and it's goals.

I don't see any copies of the text being shared or the original being authenticated by impartial sources. Just more propaganda it seems to incite the radical Islamist to keep them under their control.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Your joking right? Have you ever read the bible or even watched the news lately? He takes the food away from starving children by creating droughts so kids starve to death. And not destroy anything? Ever hear of Sodom and Gomorrah?

God loves death in so much that when he demanded sacrifices he gave directions on how it should be done.

You are confusing the results of our sin with the law of God. God's law is set into nature. Man breaks himself over his attempt to break the law. This is why the law was given. It points to faith and is the guardian of man until man learns to rely on God instead of himself. Pride rises above the one who designed the reality we occupy. He further gives us the answers to these questions through the written history of our attempt to break the law on every point.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Death is no match for the life God gives. Jesus said, "You must be born again." There is not choice. Death is only the beginning of a new life. Baptism is our immersion into the water of reality. We raise to new life by the trials we endure and the truth we uncover. We light the fire we burn by or we use the light on the path to guide our way.

Love is the point. God is LOVE.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Not only is the Bible accurate on Science, Human nature, physics,

If the bible states these things as you say then why did the church burn people at the stake for practicing them?

Are you getting the Qur'an mixed up with bible? The reason why I'm asking is because the Qur'an is far more science based than the bible.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

You are confusing the results of our sin with the law of God. God's law is set into nature. Man breaks himself over his attempt to break the law. This is why the law was given. It points to faith and is the guardian of man until man learns to rely on God instead of himself. Pride rises above the one who designed the reality we occupy. He further gives us the answers to these questions through the written history of our attempt to break the law on every point.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Death is no match for the life God gives. Jesus said, "You must be born again." There is not choice. Death is only the beginning of a new life. Baptism is our immersion into the water of reality. We raise to new life by the trials we endure and the truth we uncover. We light the fire we burn by or we use the light on the path to guide our way.

Love is the point. God is LOVE.

Show me a God that thinks it's ok for a small child who has never harmed anyone in any way to starve to death and I'll show you a God of hate.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
if people would spend as much time trying to better themselves and the world around them as they do bickering and arguing over this ridiculous religious bull**** the world be such a better place..but no, keep arguing over s*** that was made up thousands of years ago

I agree. Truth is found in the Bible and the Word of God is the best source to better our soul in this life. We overcome the beast (Mankind) with the Word. Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. The fruit of knowledge is Technology and represents the forbidden fruit we took as thieves. The mark of life and mankind is Carbon. Know the end from the beginning an you know the truth.

Isaiah 46:10

I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.

To overcome the beast within, you simply need to use the Word with the Breath God gave. Nitrogen has 7 protons, 7 neutrons and 7 electrons. 777 is God's number encoded in the Bible. 888 is Oxygen and Jesus in Greek Gematria. The air we breathe allows us to express the WORD of God.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Show me a God that thinks it's ok for a small child who has never harmed anyone in any way to starve to death and I'll show you a God of hate.

Not only did God charge us with the use of the Garden, we were given the perfected rainforest as our home for free. We were simply asked to not transmute Carbon into technology. 666 is Carbon, 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. All the atrocities that you can name came from our sin. That same baby was born again forward in time to live again. You must be born again.

Baptism is our immersion into the reality of the water of life. God gave the life and he can take it. The soul lives forever and is immortal. The process is a refinement to find the treasure of love. No babies die in a world where people love each other and respect God's law. There is only one law. Do unto others. The rest is commentary on this law.

Matthew 7:12

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Not only is the Bible accurate on Science, Human nature, physics,

If the bible states these things as you say then why did the church burn people at the stake for practicing them?

Are you getting the Qur'an mixed up with bible? The reason why I'm asking is because the Qur'an is far more science based than the bible.

Because "The Church" you speak of is Peter. Peter is the rock to be rolled away. He is the false church. A complete answer to this is linked in my signature. Here is the simple answer.

There are three groups Jesus condemned. The false priests, the moneychangers (Bankers) and the builders who rejected Christ. The Builders are the Masons. Ring any bells? These three characters are who enters into God's judgment on the last day. They have corrupted the Earth. They are under the heading in the Bible as the "Experts" in the law. The Magicians of the law. They are also called the Sadducees and Pharisees. Jesus was not kind to them in what he said. Check the link in my signature for more.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I have been to Church my entire life. Been Confirmed, the whole nine.

Quoting me scripture doesnt do a thing.

The point is, Iran is wasting its time. Of course this find wont collapse Christianity...

You know what it will do?? Increase the tension between Christians and Muslims....but guess what...THERE STILL PEOPLE who argue over the most dumbest thing they could argue about.

Ignorance used to be bliss, but now its WAR.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Another thought on your request. Hungry children are all around us. Can the same judgment be applied to us? Who deserves the judgment? As I consider the human body, I see that we do not produce any of it. We don't make our hair grow. We don't make our stomach digest. We don't even build our body apart from the only two things we can do. We only do two things that allow the rest. We think and we move. All the other billion aspects of reality are given to us in working order. We even have a garden that was pre-planted with good food just for us. I grow my own garden and it's cheap and easy. Canning is even easier. Food is everywhere. Who's fault is it that children starve again?. God? Really? Who harms a child? God is not a material being we perceive in our reality and refuses to be represented by matter. Man is here now doing the harm.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
I have been to Church my entire life. Been Confirmed, the whole nine.

Quoting me scripture doesnt do a thing.

The point is, Iran is wasting its time. Of course this find wont collapse Christianity...

You know what it will do?? Increase the tension between Christians and Muslims....but guess what...THERE STILL PEOPLE who argue over the most dumbest thing they could argue about.

Ignorance used to be bliss, but now its WAR.

When God speaks in the Bible about future events, He most often uses a past tense voice. This story is written. We are merely collapsing the wave as observers. Free will is met with a law that corrects our actions. We can fight God on the history that is coming, but it does no Good. His will is done. We are the witness. As soon as we make ourselves the judge, we become the same as the thing we judge. Love is the answer. Revealing truth apart from our own pride is the key to revealing the love that God produces in us from the education we receive within the story he tells.

What is faith? It's trust in God. Fear is mistrust. The Seven Rules I mentioned above give us a key to seeing with clarity. What is true in a greater matter is also true in a lesser matter. Death is the beginning of new life. When we overcome the fear of the unknown and trust God fully, death is the greater case. The lesser cases of fear below tumble like a house of cards after we realize that God loves us enough to tell us this:

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

The path to salvation is known. We simply need to pass through its gate. Christ is the gate. Love is the key. God is love.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

We were simply asked to not transmute Carbon into technology

That makes no sense. Our entire ecosystem is carbon based. Carbon is among the most abundant elements in the universe. Why would God condemn it's use.

A camp fire makes coals, carbon, that enables the cooking for food, unleavened bread, burnt offerings etc. What about pencils, bad?

Why would God kill off the dinosaurs and then forbid us to use the carbon based fuel that their demised left behind? Didn't he give us dominion over these things? Does your god also condemn the telegraph, the automobile, sattelite technology and computer technology.

Where is this simple request from God in the Bible? Why is your god so anti carbon?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Truth can be rightly divided by contest. Not only is the Bible accurate on Science, Human nature, physics, history and future revelation, but it cannot be denied as the greatest enigma known to mankind. It goes so far as to identify the Pyramids in Isaiah 19 as the monument to the Lord himself.

The Bible scientifically accurate where exactly? The earth is 3000 years old?
Accurate about human nature? but is anti homosexuality?
Physics...What reference to physics can be found in the bible?
History.... Adam and Eve?
The pyramids... The egyptians worshiped christ?

Are you just making it up as you go along?
edit on 23-5-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Do you actually have a thought of your own on this?? No disrespect, but your posts are so one sided its not even funny.

I understand the whole "scripture, God, Love" thing. Thats not the question. The question is, if this "Bible" is true than it really blows a hole in Religion as a Whole, which I assume is why this has never been released until now. Just like the "lost books" of the Bible that now everyone wants to go over and question. Its the same no matter what.

Quoting scripture doesnt prove your point but it does give me some incite as far as your beliefs.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Barnabas was a jew from Cyprus, which in the time period in which he was born and lived was heavily Grecian (Greek speaking). That book is clearly a clear forgery brought out to defend Islam once it's lies have been exposed. For one thing the apostles did not write in flowery gold lettering the way muslim commonly write their books to look like a piece of art. Furthermore Muhammad isn't even prophecied anywhere in the bible, not in the Torah, Tenach or the Gospels. He doesn't show up till the Quran. Now i find it very hard to believe in a character who never appeared in any prophcy once in the OT while Yeshua appeared exclusively in the OT and Gospels.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join