It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Barcode everyone at birth’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
BBC Future Technology

Each week a global thinker from the worlds of philosophy, science, psychology or the arts is given a minute to put forward a radical, inspiring or controversial idea – no matter how improbable – that they believe would change the world.

This week science fiction writer Elizabeth Moon argues that everyone should be given a barcode at birth.

“If I were empress of the Universe I would insist on every individual having a unique ID permanently attached - a barcode if you will; an implanted chip to provide an easy, fast inexpensive way to identify individuals.

It would be imprinted on everyone at birth. Point the scanner at someone and there it is.

Having such a unique barcode would have many advantages. In war soldiers could easily differentiate legitimate targets in a population from non combatants.

This could prevent mistakes in identity, mistakes that result in the deaths of innocent bystanders. Weapons systems would record the code of the use, identifying how fired which shot and leading to more accountability in the field.

Anonymity would be impossible as would mistaken identity making it easier to place responsibility accurately, not only in war but also in non-combat situations far from the war.”

Revelation 13:16-17 - And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, except he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

In Australia there was once upon a time when microchipping pets was voluntary. It's now mandatory.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Why come no tattoo?

Here we go folks.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Why oh why does everyone go to the MARK OF THE BEAST when they think about barcodes? The book of Revelation was written in WORDPICTURES, not literally grounded.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Dear surrealist,

I seem to recall being told that in Australia you get a license to own a dog rather than the dog getting a license. I don't mean to bag on Australia, all governments take away rights rather than ensure them. As for chips and bar-codes, biometrics will achieve the same goal with a lot less complaints coming from us. In either case, it is insane that people would call for such things; but, they do and are. Best wishes.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Throw it out there in the mainstream media today in the name of science so that when the actual barcoding is legislation people won't object

Still it is a long way off before it will happen though

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Previously protesting the social security number for being the EXACT SAME THING, and look at how it's now received.

edit on 23-5-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: tenses

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Okay, lets leave the religious problems and the moral problems (concerning giving jews a tattooed number in the KZs) aside:

What difference to the circumstances nowadays would a barcode tattoed on your body (or an implanted nearfield-range chip, or whatever comes at hand) make?

You are identificable by:

1. IP-Adress
  2. Social Security Number
  3. Passportnumber
  4. Creditcard Number
  5. Drivers License
  6. and the list goes on and on and on.

Another number to identify me? Meh, bring it. Maybe I will not be allowed to drive my car without it, or something similar drastic - they could find ways, you know this game.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Chip 'em all...

Wall Street area especially, so we'll know where to find them when the time comes.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Barcode = 666, mark of the beast.
Check this out:
www.av1611.org...

Ko3

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Whether or not bar coding people in the developed world is a good idea or not, I,m not sure. Compulsory bar coding in the " Third World " should be interesting, to say the least, not to mention overcoming possible cultural and religious objections.....?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
"Its written in Relevations"
"Oh here we go, bloody Jesus basher aye"
"Not really, but its right there in black and white - no mistake"
"Yeah but thats not meant to be taken literally you moron"
"Well seems coincidental doesn't it?"
"Oh, now here comes the bloody conspiracy - don't you people ever give up"
"Just saying that if we do get an RFID or something else and they go cashless....."
" What!! RFID, cashless? what the hell are you taking about - you are a nutter mate - it will never happen"
"OK you think what you want - I'm going to prepare myself for the worst"
"Yeah you do that now, if that makes you feel better - bloody tripper"

Ooops, sorry, was I thinking out aloud?

My Bad

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The idea of legal human slavery is seductive and powerful to those few who know how to exploit life and reality. It is obvious to those who dwell on such objectively that particular skills of vampirism magi are being employed.
It's progress is the future way reality.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

People thrive on self fulfilling prophecy. Nothing more, nothing less... Would I accept the mark?

If I was starving and my children were starving I have no idea what I would be capable of.....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

quote from your link: "By "looking" at the above barcode, the number "666" clearly, appears to be there. . .

But is it?

Is the number 666 TRUTHFULLY "hidden" in the UPC barcode?

Technically, no it is not.

Here's the "technical" truth. . .

The number 6 and the three guard bars are NOT the same. They do "appear" to be identical, but they are different."

Epic fail.....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Idiocracy was the best documentary I ever saw

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

stop sympathizing with evil powerhungry monsters trying to mark everyone with chips or tattoo's.....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I guess she played the Hitman series a bit too much

But why is this in New World Order? It's just Sci-Fi Writer who spoke out some crap. So what? She's nearly 70 and we all know that older people tend to say a lot of stupid and weird stuff.

It wouldn't even be possible, how would they be able to 'mark' all people and all newborns? Especially in some third world country or the whole African continent were a lot of births aren't even registered and don't even happen in hospitals?!?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
BBC Future Technology

Each week a global thinker from the worlds of philosophy, science, psychology or the arts is given a minute to put forward a radical, inspiring or controversial idea – no matter how improbable – that they believe would change the world.

This week science fiction writer Elizabeth Moon argues that everyone should be given a barcode at birth.

“If I were empress of the Universe I would insist on every individual having a unique ID permanently attached - a barcode if you will; an implanted chip to provide an easy, fast inexpensive way to identify individuals.

It would be imprinted on everyone at birth. Point the scanner at someone and there it is.

Having such a unique barcode would have many advantages. In war soldiers could easily differentiate legitimate targets in a population from non combatants.

This could prevent mistakes in identity, mistakes that result in the deaths of innocent bystanders. Weapons systems would record the code of the use, identifying how fired which shot and leading to more accountability in the field.

Anonymity would be impossible as would mistaken identity making it easier to place responsibility accurately, not only in war but also in non-combat situations far from the war.”

Revelation 13:16-17 - And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, except he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

In Australia there was once upon a time when microchipping pets was voluntary. It's now mandatory.

how dare they.

thats disgusting i would never agree with that.

pure evil.

these sicko's with their "chipping everyone" and barcoding everyone, need to be put on a space ship, and dropped off safely on their own crazy barcoded planet so they can shove tracking chips up their **** all they want.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

Ya I'm pretty sure that asking the maker of the bar code about 666 ? Is like asking the big bad wolf about Grandma's house ?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So to stop Blue on Blue casualties of war, every child must be bar coded at birth? Sounds like a drastic solution, especially for those babies who don't intend to be soldiers at birth.

I would say what is more likely a scenario, is that parents will actually demand micro chips or some kind of rfid tracking devices for their children. It will be whipped up by fear of the pedophile on every corner and child abduction cases in the news. I don't believe it will be forced. There will be a public out cry for such technologies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join