It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Big Accomplishments of President Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by acmpnsfal

What you all don't get is that conservatives provide an enviroment for businesses to flourish which would provide jobs and independance.

Liberals create an environment where businesses die, providing an environment where more people are relying on government.

No conservatives provide an environment in which wealth is insulated and kept among a certain groups of people. They create laws and policies to benefit their friends who after making obscene amounts of money, reinvest it in other countries to make more money. This isn't about small businesses that's a cop out. Question though, how well did the trickle down work? Exactly.
edit on 22-5-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

reply to post by BlueStatePatriot

Didn't he also;
Turn water into wine.
Solve global warming.
Cure my gandmothers bunion.
Play golf.
Take credit for military accomplishments.
Take credit for Bush's accomplishments.
Steal my lunch even though IT CLEARLY SAID BEEZZER ON THE BAG!
Punch Chuck Norris.
Fight Darth Vader and destroy the Death Star.

*sigh*

He's so dreamy!

ummmm I cured yer grandma's bunion and I don't look nuthin like Obama!!!!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

What you all don't get is that conservatives provide an enviroment for businesses to flourish which would provide jobs and independance.

Liberals create an environment where businesses die, providing an environment where more people are relying on government.

No conservatives provide an environment in which wealth is insulated and kept among a certain groups of people. They create laws and policies to benefit their friends who after making obscene amounts of money, reinvest it in other countries to make more money. This isn't about small businesses that's a cop out. Question though, how well did the trickle down work? Exactly.

Trickle down works just fine, if people are willing to work.

But it is easier and lazier to hate wealthy people and demonise success.

In order for the free market to function, people have to want to work. When government started providing all the safety nets and soft comfy pillows for little diddums, that's when we started to see epic failure within the system.

It the justification of theft, entitlement mind-set that is prevalent in our country and in our countries leadership right now that is the big problem.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm not too crazy about him because he's not really been all that good. BUT, kinda like the Nobel committee, I do have to give him some points just because he's not George Bush!

I haven't liked him since he was so nasty to Hillary in the primaries. There's a code for gentlemen regardless of opponent status and he broke it

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
In my very personal opinion:

Republican/Democrat
Liberal/Conservative

Same books, different covers.
It's all a show to keep you entertained and at each other's throat.
If the people are divided, they can't unite against the tyranny.
Nothing ever changes, same script different actors.

Everybody defends their "teams" while getting screwed by...those same "teams".

It's absurd.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
ummmm I cured yer grandma's bunion and I don't look nuthin like Obama!!!!

LIAR!
BLASPHEMER!

It was Obama. *sigh* He can do anything! Dear ol' gran put her foot up to the tv screen and ta-daaa! he healed it with just the sound of his empty rhetoric!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

oh sure, ignore the little purple chiten that was there workin on it, filing mah fedders to da bone tryin ta fix it an just as I did, somebody comes on the TVtube an now he gets alllllll the credit!!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Trickle down works just fine, if people are willing to work.

But it is easier and lazier to hate wealthy people and demonise success.

In order for the free market to function, people have to want to work. When government started providing all the safety nets and soft comfy pillows for little diddums, that's when we started to see epic failure within the system.

It the justification of theft, entitlement mind-set that is prevalent in our country and in our countries leadership right now that is the big problem.

The trickle down was a complete failure which is partly why Obama had to implement some sort of economic stimulus himself. You seem to not understand that we are not living in a truly capitalist society. You keep believing the American dream and that if you work hard enough nonsense. The truth is the system is rigged at the moment by politicians who make sure their friends succeed even if they are doing a terrible job. For example, the bailouts. This system will never ever work in the way that you envision by deregulating everything, that will just make it easier for them to get over on you. Its not about hating success, how many people hate Bill Gates? or Zuckerberg? None. Not only because they provide them with technology and social media, but because they truly did work hard, they innovated, they deserve what they have, and they also give back. The guys you are defending are the ones shafting you and cheating the system.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

oh sure, ignore the little purple chiten that was there workin on it, filing mah fedders to da bone tryin ta fix it an just as I did, somebody comes on the TVtube an now he gets alllllll the credit!!
I'll put you down for partial credit, but Obama gets the rest.

Be thankful. If her bunion hadn't gone away, Obama would have just blamed you or Bush for it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Yes, I believe in the whole working hard "nonsense". It has served me well over the years.

You're just repeating platitudes that'll justify your reasoning for NOT working hard.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I'll put you down for partial credit, but Obama gets the rest.

Be thankful. If her bunion hadn't gone away, Obama would have just blamed you or Bush for it.

That's better! I'll send you the bill

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

At least his stimulus plan actually benefited the people in the short term, that is money in their pocket. Bush's stimulus through his tax breaks and the trickle down did little to nothing to help the average citizen. Also, his reinvestment act DID produce jobs, there were several regional rail line in my city that were updated with money from that, thus producing jobs.

What benefits ?

How much of an impact did "his stimulus" have on the majority of Americans.

Was it all chickenfeed ?

details please !

only the Obama supporters blindly believe all that.

you need to convince the people on the fence !

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Gas prices have doubled since he took office.

That's a huge accomplishment in the eyes of environmentalists.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

He didn't end the war in Iraq, he didn't kill Osama.

He didn't end gitmo, he did get us into two new wars (yemen, libya) and if he's re-elected we may go to Iran.
He enacted the new NDAA, he made it illegal to protest near him, next up they are going to unban propaganda (it's already being rammed through congress and he won't do a thing about it).

I promise you, if he stays as the president, 2013 will be a bad year, and by the end of his second term we will be in realy trouble. Mark my words, remember theme later.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
He promised Van Jones he would destroy America,

He is keeping that promise..

He did?

Where did you hear that?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
...I could have killed Osama...he was hooked up to a machine just to survive day to day. Not impressed...NEXT!

SM2

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
hey, here ya go, here are some first for the O man.....

• First President to issue an unlawful "recess-appointment" while the U.S. Senate remained in session (against the advice of his own Justice Department).

• First President to Preside Over a Cut to the Credit Rating of the United States Government

• First President to Violate the War Powers Act

• First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters

• First President to send $200 million to a terrorist organization (Hamas) after Congress had explicitly frozen the money for fear it would fund attacks against civilians.

• First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It

• First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case

source directorblue.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
As long as we're doing Obama lists, I'll toss mine in, both positive and negative...

1. No matter what he does, he's still better than bush but not as good as Clinton
2. ...

oh wait, that's all I need

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

My favorite one and by far the most idiotic is the body armor one.

I am so glad Obama sent body armor, we paid for, to soldiers in a war he didn't end so one of his military industrial complex buddies can get rich while we wallow in a depression.

This was so annoying it kind made me hate you OP.

edit on 22-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

3. End the Iraq war bringing home the troops to celebrate the holidays with their families.

Number 3's way off base. The Iraq war ended under President Bush's time line.

Here's another accomplishment: Giving a "shout out" and cracking jokes before announceing the terror shooting at Fort Hood.
Another accomplishment: Sweeping Fast & Furious under the rug.
Putting thousands out of work at NASA by shutting down the shuttle program.
Putting Social Security further into debt with his payroll tax cut.
abcnews.go.com...

The one-year cut to Social Security’s funding stream decreased federal revenues by $112 billion in 2011, but the already-dwindling trust fund for Social Security remained untouched because the government borrowed extra money to fill the gap, adding instead to the $1.3 trillion deficit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join