It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As soon as the eclipse ended, my life changed...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
ETA: wow, I think this is the wrong forum

Preface: I live in Houston, so I only saw maybe 23% of the eclipse before the sun set (got good pics though).

Anyway, so I was out, on a ladder in front of my moms house, snapping pictures of the eclipse and being excited as it's my first time seeing one. For the past month or so, I've been going through a divorce which has been overall very peaceful. The eclipse had just become invisible to me, and I was trying to get onto the roof to try and catch a final glimpse, when I see my car drive off - without me.

It wasn't anything for me to jump off the roof, and find out from my visiting family that my (ex)wife had gone to the bank (on a sunday evening!??!).

So about 5 minutes later, my father comes out, and confronts me about hitting my wife. I told him that if that's what she said, then she lied because when she left, I was all the way on the roof, with pictures and time stamps to prove it. So about 15 minutes later, visiting family left, and my wife returned. She immediately began accusing me of lying and saying that I hit her in the collar bone area. My temper got to me a little, and my parents began to intervene. Once in the house, both my parents, and her, begin browbeating me about my current situation. I recently got fired from my job and am in a dispute with UEI because the employer provided invalid reasons for my dismissal. Because of that situation, I was being called a dead beat, and such from all 3, as if I'm not busting my ass looking for work!

This confusing situation escalated more and more, until my father told me to leave, and to not come back - and that she was welcome to stay. After realizing he was serious, I left, confused, and honestly pretty depressed overall.

Not an hour later, my phone service was suspended for non payment.... even though I paid..........

So now, I'm living in my car, with no money to my name, confused as hell, with no phone. The only bright side, is I saw a (partial) solar eclipse for the first time in my life. good pics...

Could there be a connection between the eclipse, and the SHingTF in my life?
edit on 22-5-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I'm confused. are you saying this is connected to the eclipse or...?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

last line of the op.. I'm questioning if it is.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

I think its correlation, not causation.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Oh sorry I didn't see that. I would say it's a coincidence that the events happened at the same time, however the moon, sun, planets etc. are often said to affect human emotion and behaviour. Maybe it could have influenced it in some way.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

its pretty obvious he's not.
the thread title is completely accurate to me

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

I think its correlation, not causation.

How so? I've heard about this happening to people before. I know somebody who will SWEAR that a lunar eclipse changed their life for the better.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Oh sorry I didn't see that. I would say it's a coincidence that the events happened at the same time, however the moon, sun, planets etc. are often said to affect human emotion and behaviour. Maybe it could have influenced it in some way.

I can honestly say that I feel a little bit more "real" today... I'm baffled..

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
wow, thats pretty bad man.
belive me, i know what you are going through, last year i lost my wife as well, and my kids.
haven't spoken to my children since september.
my only question is: didn't you show the time stamps to your folks? i mean, that should have cleard up the situation and revelaed the falsehood of your ex-wifes accusations.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Many people confuse correlation and causation. Just because it happened at the same time does not mean that it caused the changes in their life.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
wow, thats pretty bad man.
belive me, i know what you are going through, last year i lost my wife as well, and my kids.
haven't spoken to my children since september.
my only question is: didn't you show the time stamps to your folks? i mean, that should have cleard up the situation and revelaed the falsehood of your ex-wifes accusations.

Too much emotion and energy in the room. I didn't even remember the times stamps again until today. At this point, I'm not even mad at the situation, and I'm not so depressed either....

Sorry about your divorce. The one I'm going through was more mutual, as neither of us were truly happy, so I don't know maybe I need to look a little deeper and see this as a blessing in disguise. After quite a few years I was able to "express" myself to my parents with whom I've always had a disconnect...

link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat

its pretty obvious he's not.
the thread title is completely accurate to me

I was already answered, and he was pondering that...

link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Many people confuse correlation and causation. Just because it happened at the same time does not mean that it caused the changes in their life.

I'm just trying to figure out if it's possible that they're connected at all. No necessarily one causing the other.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

So now, I'm living in my car, with no money to my name, confused as hell, with no phone.

Then how are you posting in these forums? Just curious, if you have no phone either?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
dude things were screwed up long before the solar eclipse. it just happened to boil over that day. why would you hit your wife? or if you didn't why would she accuse you of it out of the blue?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

it seems to like you two don't have any kids either, that makes it far more easy.
if it were me though, i would be calling my dad the next and tell him, look dad i didn't hit her heres the proof!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Do you know how many women accuse men of abuse that did not happen? It's about a 2:1 ratio, as best as I've seen. (2 the abuse took place, 1 it did not.)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
dude things were screwed up long before the solar eclipse. it just happened to boil over that day. why would you hit your wife? or if you didn't why would she accuse you of it out of the blue?

i like how people automatically assume this guy hit his wife.
dude, i spent three months in jail for "hitting" my wife. never touched the woman, but could i get anyone to listen? nope. so i spent three months locked up because of a lie. don't assume.
BUT, if you did lay hands on the woman, shame on you sir, shame.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Yeah the connection is that they both happened at the same time (correlation). Many make a false causal link instead of recognizing the coincidence, the chances of which are quite high when calculated so you are certain to have met people who experienced it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
That whole day was some major disturbances in the Force.

I would have posted a warning, but I was dealing with some craziness.

I'm boycotting the next eclipse!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join