It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Co-Sponsors Obama Impeachment Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Searched but found nothing so If this has been posted before, please forgive. Thought everyone should know .
Ron Paul is co-sponsoring this bill for Obama's Impeachment. Go Ron Paul...and others!

Ron Paul has co-sponsored a bill which would impeach Obama for going to war without getting congressional approval after he sent troops into Libya to overthrow Gadaffi. In the H.CON.RES.107.IH bill it gives the following description for it’s conception, “Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.” The architect of the bill Walter Jones was the Congressman who recently questioned Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta if the president would get permission from Congress to go to war.

worldundercontrol.com... -obama-impeachment-bill/

Hoping to soon pass committee and make it to the house is HCR 107, a bill threatening the possibility of the impeachment of the President of the United States for high crimes and misdemeanors, now thrust into the spotlight. Citing a demand Wednesday that Obama regain respect for the War Powers Act, constitutional laws that restrict a President from waging a war without first receiving the approval of the people and its Congress, was the architect of the legislation, 9-term North Carolina Congressman, Walter Jones.

current.com... obama-impeachment-bill.htm

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well...GOOD.

I didn't like how that went down. It set a very, very bad precedent.
Link to actual bill
edit on 21-5-2012 by hadriana because: trying to fix the link.

tp://tinyurl.com/7fwgacm

I give up. Maybe the tiny link will work.
edit on 21-5-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

I don't see Paul on the list of sponsors or cosponsors though.
Rep Jones, Walter B., Jr. [NC-3] SPONSOR
Rep Benishek, Dan [MI-1] - 5/17/2012
Rep Burton, Dan [IN-5] - 4/18/2012
Rep Coffman, Mike [CO-6] - 4/18/2012
Rep Duncan, John J., Jr. [TN-2] - 3/22/2012
Rep Gohmert, Louie [TX-1] - 5/17/2012
Rep McClintock, Tom [CA-4] - 3/28/2012
Rep Ribble, Reid J. [WI-8] - 4/27/2012
Rep Grijalva, Raul M. [AZ-7] - 5/10/2012(withdrawn - 5/16/2012)
edit on 21-5-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I doubt justice will be served obama is above the law

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well, we can be fairly certain of one thing:

If RP sponsors it, it will likely fail.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It was buried in the house judiciary committee.

Buried and gone.....

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Very interesting debate that may give some perceptive....

www.youtube.com...

We just can't stand by and let NATO and an abuse of Excutive powers in the USA, bought and paid for by "corrupt" forces to dictate the fate of mankind anymore....we just can't.....important thread OP....TY....

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Try this link'
H.CON.RES.107.IH

You're right, hadriana, I don't see Paul on the list of co-sponsors. Not even as withdrawn .

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
reply to post by hadriana

Try this link'
H.CON.RES.107.IH

You're right, hadriana, I don't see Paul on the list of co-sponsors. Not even as withdrawn .

Correct, Paul is not actually a sponsor as far as we've ever been able to tell, and this bill is effectively worthless - it's not actually implementing impeachment proceedings, it's just Congress basically blathering about how they FEEL that the president unilaterally taking military action (Libya, etc.) is an impeachable offense...without actually doing anything useful about it.

I don't know if they're trying to use this to set precedent for any further activity the Executive may engage in, but...blah.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Reguardless if Ron Paul is an actual "sponser" or not, doesn't change the message, he made it clear he dissagreed with the decision with going to War without an act of congress being considered, and in effect over riding the peoples representatives in government, and the Constitution.

Perhaps running for president and being directly involved with trying to impeach the standing president was too big of a conflict of interest?
edit on 21-5-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It is NOT a bill regardless of what the links call it.

It is essentially a warning that the House would consider his not getting prior approval to be an impeachable offense.

Has anybody drafted the Articles of Impeachment?

A shot across the bow.

The house will never pass it, may never even come up for a vote.

I predict that Obama nor any future president will ever seek approval and no one will ever be impeached for not doing so. We have a history of just that.
edit on 21-5-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

I predict that Obama nor any future president will ever seek approval and no one will ever be impeached for not doing so. We have a history of just that.
So, Bush was the last one to ask for and get authorization for military action, huh? You know, I kind of miss the guy a little.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Thanks, ALL of you.

If this is a rumor - I am sorry to have posted the thread..

Read some of the interesting responses here.

www.dailypaul.com...

Anyway, didn't mean to spread any untruths so my appologies IF this does turn out untrue. As previous poster stated...regardless, we dO know Paul's stance on the matter.

Appreciate you guys... It truly seemed legit to me but now not so sure. We'll know for sure when they update the co-sponsor webpage or we'll get a word from Paul w/ his denial.

Thanks all - Way to go, good job catching this.

aND regardless of the co-sponsoring ...

Way to go R. Paul! Keep on keeping on!

edit on 22-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

top topics

join