It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes We (still) Can?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I See ignorance (something that resembles them) in full force in this thread,One side Defending Obama

The other Defending the GOP/Conservatives.

It's sad your following for the "Divide and Conquer" Tactics used for centuries.
A vote for Obama (Backed by GoldmanSachs) is a vote for corruption.
A vote for Romney(Backed by GoldmanSachs) is vote for another road of corruption.
A vote for Paul,Who the hell even knows any more?

Really,lets find common ground here,Do you guys Acknowledge that Obama is a bad president?

edit on 21-5-2012 by Szarekh because: Youre not big brother!!

edit on 21-5-2012 by Szarekh because: Youre not big brother!!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I love it when people talk about the executive branch and completely forget to mention the legislative branch. The failure of our Government cannot be laid solely on any single man.

Obama, not the best choice. Romney, lord help us. Until I begin to earn over $200,000.00 annually I cannot vote republican. They are such an epic failure even compared to the other side.

You know what really blows my mind, when I see folks still proudly displaying Bush / Cheney stickers on their cars. Like that was such a wonderful regime in American history.

Both parties suck and anyone that tries to sell me on one because the other one is worse is myopic, ignorant and borderline retarded.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Szarekh
>snip<
Do you guys Acknowledge that Obama is a bad president?

I wouldn't necessarily say "bad", but I'd rather drink spoiled milk.... And I'm allergic to cow's milk.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SanguineDenial
>snip<
Until I begin to earn over $200,000.00 annually I cannot vote republican. They are such an epic failure even compared to the other side.
>snip

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Acknowledging you don't like him,is fair enough

The reason i put this in,is just proving that(Read my above post) Is that these arguments,merely prove the TPTB's tactics are working.
Adding the fact that this is getting rather childish.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

>snip<
Until I begin to earn over $200,000.00 annually I cannot vote republican. They are such an epic failure even compared to the other side.
>snip

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If gasoline prices drop to near $3 per gallon, the big oil companies want Obama. If they rise to $5, they want the other candidate.

That’s not a good barometer because he’s now talking about opening the strategic oil reserves to artificially (and obviously temporarily) drop prices at the pump.

And I still think "YES WE CAN!!!"

Good luck with that. It hasn’t worked out well these past 4 years. Are you better off??? If so you’d better run because OWS is looking for you!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SanguineDenial

I love it when people talk about the executive branch and completely forget to mention the legislative branch. The failure of our Government cannot be laid solely on any single man.

You’re right, and congress is a mess. The problem with this defense is that he had a super majority for TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!!! Which is EXACTLY why the ‘blame Bush’ BS won’t fly!

Obama, not the best choice. Romney, lord help us. Until I begin to earn over $200,000.00 annually I cannot vote republican. They are such an epic failure even compared to the other side.

$200,00 isn’t the bar you have to meet. You just need to be self-reliant. If you can’t do that then there’s no hope for you.

You know what really blows my mind, when I see folks still proudly displaying Bush / Cheney stickers on their cars. Like that was such a wonderful regime in American history.

My life was better during those 8 years!

Both parties suck and anyone that tries to sell me on one because the other one is worse is myopic, ignorant and borderline retarded.

Both parties DO SUCK, but there is something to be said about the left/right ideologies. There is a distinct difference between the way the TRUE left and TRUE right want to run things. You can see the TRUE left in Obama….the right has yet to find their political messiah.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It's sickening how many Obama 2012 bumper stickers I am seeing around here. It just goes to show that the average New Mexican is STUPID.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

There is no left in this nation, at least not in our political system. We have Corporate Fascists and Lesser Corporate Fascists.
edit on 21-5-2012 by SanguineDenial because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

It's sickening how many Obama 2012 bumper stickers I am seeing around here. It just goes to show that the average New Mexican is STUPID.

They’re not stupid…they’re going after the FREE STUFF!!

Haven’t you heard?? Obama promised all kinds of stuff. I know they haven’t received it yet but that’s because it’s going to take 4 more years to deliver!!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If this were 2008, this thread would have been taken down. But it is 2012 and times have changed. Obhamma think he can, but he couldn't, and now he can't, so he won't. But he can dance and sing and do a few pony tricks. Some people like that sort of thing. But it does look like Romney will be the next president. I don't see the throngs anymore for the "yes we can" man. No fainting women, and no chanting. Even blacks seem a little upset because he never shared the stash with them. he spent 6 trillion dollars and none of it on the black community. to say it this way, that's $ 6,000,000,000,000.00 and not a dime on the black community. Do they ain't coming out in droves for him in 2012 like in 2008.

Romney for his part is a sharp cookie. He was able to get the news to talk intensely about Barry and the Rev Wright by denouncing his super pack to do it. That is smart. Yet he will go tit for tat if needed.

Times, they are a changing.

edit on 21-5-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by SanguineDenial

My life was better during those 8 years!

I damn near starved to death in those 8 years. I graduated from HS 1 year before the 9/11 Terror Frenzy began in this nation. I saw my good friends swept up in the currents of propaganda machines and become cheap mercenaries for corporate imperialism. I welcomed my friends home and looked into their eyes and saw shattered men.

I watched horrible legislation passed in the name of security. Gasoline spiked to nearly $5 a gallon forcing me to choose between eating and commuting to work. The job market at home vaporized, all the more motivation for us young bucks to enlist and protect those tanker convoys in Iraq.

This last 4 years has been a cluster # as well, I'm not denying that. Both of these parties have failed us, and you want to tell me that letting any of them back into power is a good idea? You are insane.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

>snip<
>snip

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
War in Iraq is over.
Don't Ask Don't Tell has ended.
Pushed for more civl rights and succeeded.
Funded Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program with $20 billion.
Closed various secret detention camps.
Tried closing Gitmo but was stopped by a certain group of politicians from both Parties.
Released Bush torture memos.
Authorized a $1.4 billion reduction in Star Wars program.
Before ending the war in Iraq, he spent billions more for troops....to wear better armor.
Assault on civil liberties has decreased tremendously since Bush.
Increased spending on clean energy research.
Increased funding for national parks.
BANNED the use of antibiotics in livestock.

The list goes on.

Whether you like or not, Obama has accomplished a lot of good so far. He also accomplished many negative aspects as well:

The signing of the NDAA.
The continuation of the Patriot Act.
The cooperation with ISP to spy on citizens.
The increase of troops in Afghanistan.
The bombing of Libya.
Looking weak to Russia (my opinion).

Obama is not perfect but he isn't the worst either.

He WILL be re-elected. Sorry, haters!!!!!!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The perennial philosophy. 'Treat others as you would like to be treated.' If we could only remember that and practice it then I think the world could be a great place.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Yes , Reagan created 25 million jobs because he injected so much fiat money
into the economy

He was a master keynesian

Seriously??

There’s a difference (to some) between growing government and growing the economy. I hate to break it to you but the ‘government’ isn’t the ‘economy’. Reagan added how many net tax payers???

The four pillars of Reagan's economic policy were to reduce the growth of government spending, reduce income tax and capital gains tax, reduce government regulation of economy, and control money supply to reduce inflation.
link

Uh

Reagan Added one of the largest government agencies in America, the VA

He raised taxes 8 out of 7 years FAR MORE times than Obama

The federal deficit nearly tripled from his first day in office to his last

I write you guys off, you are so out of touch with facts it should be awarded

Braindeadconservatives

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by AwakeinNM

They’re not stupid…they’re going after the FREE STUFF!!

We are after free stuff, INTELLIGENCE!

It's free, get some

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Szarekh

I See ignorance (something that resembles them) in full force in this thread,One side Defending Obama
The other Defending the GOP/Conservatives.

It's sad your following for the "Divide and Conquer" Tactics used for centuries.

I knew you didn’t know what was up when you wrote “GOP/Conservatives.”

It’s sad you don’t see that people are different. This isn’t a tactic…People have had differences of opinion throughout WORLD HISTORY!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Let's be honest, the only people voting for Obama are racists and idiots. This isn't going to be politically correct. There are some black people that see the man as Jesus and will vote for him again for no other reason than because he is black. In their eyes, he can do no wrong. Others will vote for him because they buy into this Democrat vs Republican bullcrap and will only pull the lever because he's on the right team. These are the racists and idiots I speak of.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join