It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes We (still) Can?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Right wing: Obama didn't fulfill all the promises made yet
solution: vote in a republican, therefore there is no chance in hell what he said will happen.

It was once stated before....and I guess I will state again
I would rather have 4 more years of Obama breaking promises, than 4 years of the right keeping their promises.

It's not the fact that he broke promises. I'd be willing to wager that even Ron Paul would have to break a few if elected. But it's the quality of promises broken. Obama promised to close Guantanamo Bay, yet it still houses suspected terrorists. He promised to leave Afghanistan by July 2011, yet he's still happily bombing the crap out of its citizens. In effect, he promised to stop killing and illegally detaining people. Promises he blatantly broke.

How can anyone be on his side? I really can't understand it. He offers "health care for all! YAY!!" in one hand, while murdering people with the other. He's the worst kind of psychopath because he has the power to carry through with his desires.

/TOA

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jagermeister

Let's be honest, the only people voting for Obama are racists and idiots. This isn't going to be politically correct. There are some black people that see the man as Jesus and will vote for him again for no other reason than because he is black. In their eyes, he can do no wrong. Others will vote for him because they buy into this Democrat vs Republican bullcrap and will only pull the lever because he's on the right team. These are the racists and idiots I speak of.

That’s true as long as you classify the people who want free stuff as idiots.

I know what you’re saying though. Did you see the posts about Dr. Condi Rice? Apparently Romney would be a racist for selecting her for VP…it could ONLY be racially motivated, right?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I was trying to make a comparison of sorts,I think your to quick to judge,I see why people are(excuse the pun)
Trying to bag on you.

I know people have differences of opinions,however people defending 1 president over another fanatically is disturbing.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I personally think every single member of the Executive Branch, Legislative Branch and Judicial Branch should be arrested and placed on trial for Treason and Conspiracy to overthrow the Constitution of the United States.

Our system is entirely corrupted by lobbyists, Super PACs and so many other things. Those that are innocent will be shown as such in the Tribunals. Those found guilty should be hung on gallows at Capitol Hill and be cast in bronze as a reminder to future generations.

So long as we continue to vote for the same sociopath criminals decade after decade, we are all going to get robbed. One party whittles down this half of rights, then the other party comes in claiming to defend those things lost but takes away the other half in the process and does nothing to restore what was lost.

Our Government was bought and sold a long long time ago, and here we sit having a pissing contest over who is more to blame. They are all to blame. ALL OF THEM. But the most guilty of all is the American people who sit here and do nothing but bitch and moan amongst ourselves instead of working together. This is the America we want, and this is the America we get.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Szarekh

I was trying to make a comparison of sorts,I think your to quick to judge,I see why people are(excuse the pun) Trying to bag on you.

You said it’s “sad” people “falling for” the "divide and conquer tactics.” I’m telling you that this belief that the left/right paradigm doesn’t exist is ridiculous!

And nobody is bagging on me…I’m doing quite fine on ATS! Thanks for your concern though!

I know people have differences of opinions,however people defending 1 president over another fanatically is disturbing.

When have I defended Obama’s rivals? Maybe you are quick to judge and should actually read the thread??

edit on 21-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SanguineDenial

I personally think every single member of the Executive Branch, Legislative Branch and Judicial Branch should be arrested and placed on trial for Treason and Conspiracy to overthrow the Constitution of the United States.

It should be on a case-by-case basis but I know what you mean!

Our system is entirely corrupted by lobbyists, Super PACs and so many other things. Those that are innocent will be shown as such in the Tribunals. Those found guilty should be hung on gallows at Capitol Hill and be cast in bronze as a reminder to future generations.

So long as we continue to vote for the same sociopath criminals decade after decade, we are all going to get robbed. One party whittles down this half of rights, then the other party comes in claiming to defend those things lost but takes away the other half in the process and does nothing to restore what was lost.

Our Government was bought and sold a long long time ago, and here we sit having a pissing contest over who is more to blame. They are all to blame. ALL OF THEM. But the most guilty of all is the American people who sit here and do nothing but bitch and moan amongst ourselves instead of working together. This is the America we want, and this is the America we get.

I agree!!! And I’ve not advocated for any candidate or party. I’m a constitutional conservative (libertarian-lite) and I don’t have a candidate in this election!!

I don’t want this America we have now….yet I’m stuck with it like every other American.

The two party system has allowed the crony capitalism we’ve seen, which has led to the corruption we have now. I’m all for a solution…

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SanguineDenial
reply to post by abecedarian

The perennial philosophy. 'Treat others as you would like to be treated.' If we could only remember that and practice it then I think the world could be a great place.

For some reason, politics doesn't subscribe to that notion.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Sorry thought Bush was the president who spent the most?

How many people were on welfare under Reagan?
How many people were on unemployment under Reagan?
How many people were collecting social security under Reagan?
How many people were on Medicare?
How many people were on Medicaid?
What was healthcare costs under Reagan?

Seem to remember Reagan created 25 million jobs gas was 89 cents a gallon i could throw 5000 bucks in a savings account an earn 6% off it also i could throw 100k in a money market and earn 5% a month off it.

Try agian.

edit on 21-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

a lot of youngsters dont remember or were not born yet to remember how bad a shape USA was in after Johnson Nixon and Carter..
8 yrs he turned it around enough for Slick Willy to enjoy 8 years of loafing and Near Sex

edit on 21-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Only reason I can think of that explains WHY people still believe is perhaps they are completely delusional from the massive lies that have fried the brains over the years, kind like this fellow:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Ya know they sit there and criticize Reagan and sit there and praise Clinton for the work Reagan did after all if Reagan had spent so much then how the hell could Clinton ever had his so called "surplus".

They don't know they only thing they have read is revisionist history.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Sure dude.

He is a radical with a Marxist/communist worldview
This means that the current president
of the United States possesses the
most radical view of marriage and the family of
any president in the 200 years
+ history of this republic.
Remember Obama last week finally came out of the
closet in favor of gay marriage.
No we can't, Obama is part of the problem
this econmy has not gotten any better. It has gotten
worse he does not deserve a second term..
Only people with marxist views think other wise

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Ya know they sit there and criticize Reagan and sit there and praise Clinton for the work Reagan did after all if Reagan had spent so much then how the hell could Clinton ever had his so called "surplus".

Yup, when I read your posts all I read is revisionist history
you are very good at it

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

you are very good at it

a very good grasp of history will keep it from repeating its self,

why yes I think we are on the same page here

ETA: Difference between Reagan and Clinton was Reagan Made History turning the Country around and Clinton made history fooling around

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

you are very good at it

You haven’t been banned after all of those post removals??

The Reagan surplus is revisionist history??

Reagan left the country in GREAT SHAPE! Can you say the same about the current POTUS?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

you are very good at it

a very good grasp of history will keep it from repeating its self,

why yes I think we are on the same page here

ETA: Difference between Reagan and Clinton was Reagan Made History turning the Country around and Clinton made history fooling around

Reagan also made history being the grandfather of the current National deficit

nearly 5 trillion of it being interest on Reagan's "turning the country around"

I agree, he did turn the country around

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Reagan also made history being the grandfather of the current National deficit nearly 5 trillion of it being interest on Reagan's "turning the country around" I agree, he did turn the country around

are
you sure?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

you are very good at it

You haven’t been banned after all of those post removals??

The Reagan surplus is revisionist history??

Reagan left the country in GREAT SHAPE! Can you say the same about the current POTUS?

You like to shut people up so your lies can go on un-protested?

Would it be fun for you to sit here and be in an echo chamber?

That sounds very boring

Reagan did not post any surpluses. he posted the largest expansion of national
debt in history 189% - Obama would have to create a 32 Trillion dollar debt to
match Reagan's debt model

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Reagan also made history being the grandfather of the current National deficit nearly 5 trillion of it being interest on Reagan's "turning the country around" I agree, he did turn the country around

are
you sure?

Yup - Debt accrues compounded interest - it has been thirty years since he started

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

are
you sure?

Yup - Debt accrues compounded interest - it has been thirty years since he started

can you show me just what you are talking about, you know with numbers or are you gonna talk smack and well looking at your posts some are not fliers talking T&C

ETA: I would like you to articulate your point, not talk trash.....kind of a put up or you know the rest

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join